[Fan Fiction]  WBO Blader Brawl!

if its tag team, very curious to know who Athena is teamed up with.
(Mar. 08, 2021  1:41 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: if its tag team, very curious to know who Athena is teamed up with.

Jojo and Athena Tag Team for the win
Looking forward to see who Alastair is gonna get paired with.
good game. should probably dial down the overpoweredness next time lol
Lets see how it goes
Heyo peeps, I'm back with a small small update!
I haven't actually started writing the introductory chapter yet (because of school, time management issues, and me putting almost all of my free time into writing my newest fic on AO3). BUT! that doesn't mean I'll just ditch this thing.
And for that reason, have a character profile. The Blacknight, you might be a bit familiar with this one:

Name: Vira Aoi
Nationality: Japanese
Appearance: Vira is a teenage girl of average height, with a fair complexion, short messy ocean-blue hair, and hazel brown eyes. Her usual attire consists of a white v-neck vest with dark red trimmings, a brown collared jacket, light denim leggings, gray sneakers with red linings and a blue glove on her right hand.
Personality: Vira is very stubborn and self-righteous, and once she sets her mind on something, it's impossible to change it. She is clever, straightforward, and always says what's on her mind, even if it comes off as insensetive sometimes. However, she is pretty polite around most people, a fairly bright and optimistic person, and an extremely loyal friend.
Vira also loves anything strawberry-flavored, and is a huge, and I mean HUGE fan of her cousin Valt, who she calls Varu-chan all the time. In fact, she was inspired by him to make her own Valkyrie, but she made it a Balance-type so it stands out from his....aaand because she's pretty biased towards Balance-types in general.

Bey: Valiant Valkyrie Round' 3B (Sparking Right Balance)
Sparking Chip - Valkyrie II: Valkyrie is a right-spin Sparking Chip with a Valkyrie motif facing forward (but the helmet shape is above the chip core instead of below it). The main colors are crimson red and blue, and the V shape above the chip core is a glittery yellow.
Ring - Valiant: Valiant is a right-spinning Ring that features three spring-loaded wings as the main contact points, which are framed with metal to increase Attack potential. The Ring's gimmick activates when the Wings are struck with enough force, where they move aside to reveal 3 hard rubber blades and use those to rebound and move away, while also improving stamina slightly due to the rubber blades giving the ring a more round-ish shape. The Ring's color scheme is mainly blue, the metal is painted red, and the rubber blades are yellow.
Chassis - 3B: 3B, or 3-Balance, is a double chassis that is somewhat similar to 2A in shape, with three small rubber blade-like protrusions curved in the opposite direction of the Ring's wings. Like 2B, 3B has a Defense Mode where the outer part of the Chassis is free-spinning to help in deflecting attacks, and an Attack Mode where it's locked to increase recoil, in addition to providing some sort of counter to Left-Spin Layers, given the direction of the blades' curve. The Chassis is a solid blue color.
Driver - Round': Being a Dash Driver, Round' feature a red spring pad and a tighter spring coil which improves Burst Resistance. The Driver has two settings: an Attack setting with a hollowed-out flat rubber tip and a Defense setting with a POM ball Tip. Its main gimmick lies in the free-spinning cone surrounding it, which looks like an inverted Bearing but is above the tip instead of being the tip itself, that helps in stabilizing Round''s combination when it's knocked off-balance and also in conserving Stamina. The Driver is red, the cone is a light blue and the rubber is white.

Fun fact 1 (well, not exactly a fact lol): I only recently realized how close the Valiant Ring's name is to the Variant Ring. Welp, too late to change it now.
Fun Fact 2 (also not a fact but whatever): You might find a small surprise I'm hiding for the fic if you squint. Try to guess what it is.
Small small update #2!
I'm almost done with Ding-Dang, so that means I'll (prooooobably) have more time to write this. In the meantime, have the second character profile:

Name: Endymion
Nationality: Unknown
Appearance: Endymion is a teenage boy of average height, with pale skin, slightly messy indigo hair, and dark pink eyes. His usual outift consists of a dark blue hoodie with light purple trimmings on the sleeves, black jeans, indigo sneakers and blue-rimmed glasses. He only pulls the hood over his head when he doesn't want to be noticed.
Personality: Endymion is a quiet person that comes off as closed-off and distant at first, but that is attributed to him not liking to stand out among other people. He is mostly withdrawn and keeps to himself, but doesn't mind talking to others and tries to be as friendly and cooperative as he can be (even if it's pretty tasking most of the time). He is also something of a perfectionist, and always tries to look at a problem from all angles.
Endymion has a nervous habit of pushing up his glasses frequently, and always avoids eye contact when talking to someone as it makes him feel awkward. His voice is also really low most of the time for some reason.

Bey: Twilight Erebus Ωuter Waver (GT Dual Stamina)
Gatinko Chip - Erebus: Erebus is a dual-spinning Gatinko Chip depicting a wisp of shadow to represent its namesake: Erebus, the Greek primordial deity of the deep darkness and shadows. The chip features a gimmick similar to Diabolos I, where it has a layer weight fused into it and taking up 4 spaces, giving it a heavier weight. It can also be rotated in all directions to work with the Layer Base's gimmick. The main color scheme is dark purple with glossy off-white highlights.
Layer Base - Twilight: Twilight is a dual-spinning Layer Base that is mostly circular in shape and composed of a main layer and sub-layer, and its spin direction can be changed by flipping it. The sub-layer consists of six wings made of rubber that can be locked depending on the placement of the chip, similar to the Tact Layer Base. The unlocked wings can be used to deflect attacks, and the locked ones can Spin-Equalize when up against an opposite-spin opponent. The main layer is violet, the sub-layer is pink and the rubber is white-ish gold.
Forge Disc - Ωuter: Good ol' Outer disc for Stamina/LAD purposes. Is recolored white here.
Driver - Waver: Waver is a Stamina-type Driver that sits slightly above the standard height, featuring a sharp plastic tip and a free-spinning hard rubber ring above said tip, which has three spaces sloping inwards. In theory, the ring's freespin nature can help in recovering stability if knocked back, and the inner slopes generate down force to preserve stamina and stay upright for as long as possible while spinning at a relatively low speed. The rubber on the ring, however, has greater friction with the stadium than plastic, and thus risks stamina loss when it makes contact with the stadium. The Driver is a translucent white color, with the free-spinning ring being purple.

Special Moves:
1- Twilight Siphon: Erebus uses the locked rubber wings on its Base to Spin-Equalize with an opposite-spinning Bey of higher speed upon Layer-to-Layer contact.
2- Twilight Counter: Using the four unlocked wings on its Base, Erebus counters incoming attacks and slowly wears out the attacker's speed, especially if they spin in the opposite direction.
3- Wavering Drift: When Erebus is knocked out of the center with enough force, the rubber ring on the Waver Driver makes contact with the stadium floor to regain stability and launch Erebus back into the center, but this results in it losing some of its stamina.
4- Final Stand: Towards the end of the battle, Erebus leans down on any Bey close to it, which either bursts the opponent or simply stops its movement, allowing Erebus to keep spinning for just one more second after it topples over.

Fun Fact: Endymion's surname is unknown because he was raised in an orphanage and didn't take its name as his last. His nationality is also unknown, but he was found in Montreal, Canada so he usually refers to himself as Canadian.
Will there be another character contest after this tournament ends?
Dunno. If I do manage to finish this in the first place, I might consider that.
cant wait to see the first chapter
I have a feeling that this fan fic has potential
(Mar. 31, 2021  6:20 PM)Pixi Wrote: cant wait to see the first chapter

Sure wait an eternity

(Mar. 31, 2021  6:48 PM)PinkRose Wrote:
(Mar. 31, 2021  6:20 PM)Pixi Wrote: cant wait to see the first chapter

Sure wait an eternity

Ao3?
(Mar. 31, 2021  6:50 PM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote:
(Mar. 31, 2021  6:48 PM)PinkRose Wrote: Sure wait an eternity

Ao3?

Archive of Our Own; it's a famous site for fanfiction and I'm working on a fanfic there in the Beyblade Burst section.
(Mar. 31, 2021  6:52 PM)PinkRose Wrote:
(Mar. 31, 2021  6:50 PM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote: Ao3?

Archive of Our Own; it's a famous site for fanfiction and I'm working on a fanfic there in the Beyblade Burst section.

can I do it on a computer? How does it work?
Basically you request an invitation to get an account and then you start creating fanfics for the fandoms you like. Just look up Beyblade Burst Works AO3 and you’ll find my own fic and account if you scroll down a bit on the site.
Final small update before I embark on a two-week journey to finish my last year of middle school. Let's hope I get enough inspiration to actually start writing this thing after I'm done. In any case, here you go:

Name: Droite Vireir
Nationality: Half-French, Half-Spanish
Appearance: Droite is a teenage boy of average height, with fair skin, sky-blue hair and vibrant mint green eyes. His usual attire consists of a white vest, a green sports jacket with white trimmings on the collar and sleeves, dark blue pants, green & blue sneakers, and a golden hairpin which he uses to keep his bangs from falling all over his face.
Personality: Droite is a kind, lighthearted person who always loves a good game. He's pretty clever and calm, and usually takes everything at his own pace. However, he has a tendency to forget important details and is somewhat emotionally dense, which ticks off many people. Despite that, he's still a fairly friendly and likeable person, and someone you can count on to stay by your side at a time of need.
Droite also has a subconscious habit of brushing his bangs to the side, even when they're not in his field of vision, and hates anything remotely warm.

Bey: Verdant Daedalus Swift 5A (Sparking Right Attack)
Sparking Chip - Daedalus: Daedalus is a right-spinning Sparking Chip with the insignia of a dragon head representing the Layer's namesake: Daedalus, the father of Icarus and creator of the Labyrinth in Greek Mythology. The dragon head on the chip is mainly metallic, which gives it a slight boost in weight. The chip's main color scheme is green, while the head is silver.
Ring - Verdant: Verdant is a right-spinning Ring that features a wide, almost round and smooth edge only interrupted by shallow bumps, akin to the Air Knight Energy Layer. What differentiates it from said layer, however, is the five blades on the edge of the Ring, which gives Verdant a more aggressive shape suited for Attack Combinations. The ring is mainly light blue and green, with some white lines and the blades being silver.
Chassis - 5A: 5A, or 5-Attack, is a right-spinning Double Chassis that is pentagonal in shape like the Meteor Disc Frame, but has a smoother underside like the Star frame, granting it acceptable Attack Potential and decent Life-After-Death. As such, while not particularly aggressive, the 5A Chassis works well enough with Attack Combinations while also reserving Stamina. The Chassis is a solid white color.
Driver - Swift: Swift is an Attack-type Driver featuring a low, flat rubber tip with a circular depression in the center akin to Xtreme and sitting at the standard height, but with a slightly smaller diameter. It also features an automatic tip-change gimmick somewhat similar to Reboot, where the drop in centrifugal force later in battle retracts two tabs along with the rubber tip, creating contact with a free-spinning POM dish like that of Eternal, which in theory gives it a small speed boost and recovers stamina. The driver is transparent white, the rubber is blue, and the POM dish is green.

Special Moves:
1- Soaring Flight: Verdant Daedalus spins around the stadium at a high speed and catches onto the Tornado Ridge, then it uses the spaces in its ring and the air resistance around it to propel itself upwards and attack the opponent from above.
2- Verdant Slash: Daedalus slashes the opponent repeatedly with its five blades, then spins around it at high speeds and delivers a final attack before speeding away.
3- Verdant Flyer: Daedalus uses the spaces in the Verdant ring and the force of an opponent's attack to jump up and hover above the stadium, descending slowly due to the generated air current.
4- Swift Rejuvenation: The Swift Driver's gimmick activates, where its two tabs retract and the free-spinning dish makes contact with the stadium, giving Daedalus a last-second speed boost and recovering its Stamina.
Fascinating beys
Okay so, apparently I finished more of my school revision than I expected through the last week, which left me with some time to write down Chapter 1 and I'm almost done! Will be publishing it next Thursday, so stay tuned for that. In the meantime, here are the final two character profiles for the participants:

Name: Akiharu "Aki" Fujiwara
Nationality: Japanese
Appearance: Aki is a petite preteen girl with a pale complexion, platinum blonde hair that she styles into a small braid sided to the left, and big, round red eyes. She usually wears a short-sleeved white jumpsuit with colorful frills on the sleeves and the legs, blue sandals with colorful stripes, and a rainbow-colored misanga on her left hand which she takes off when she washes her hands and stuff like that.
Personality: Aki is a hyperactive, bouncy and energetic girl who loves meeting new people and experiencing new things. She is very bubbly, friendly, and the most optimistic person you'll ever meet. Don't let the cutesy exterior fool you though; her Blading skills are no joke, even if she's not the best planner there is.
Although her Bey spins Left, Aki usually launches with her right hand, which sometimes catches others off-guard as they would probably expect a Right-Spinning opponent. She also knows a lot about plant-based poisons somehow, which is mildly concerning.

Bey: Radiant Astrea Quint Metal 6A (Sparking Left Attack)
Sparking Chip - Astrea: Astrea is a left-spinning Sparking Chip shaped distinctly like a flower to represent the Layer's namesake: Astraea, the Greek virgin goddess of justice, innocence, purity and precision. The chip core is silver, and the flower shape is a bright purple color.
Ring - Radiant: Radiant is a left-spinning ring that features six blades that somewhat resemble the protrusions on the Variant Ring as the contact points, three of which are bigger and made of rubber to increase recoil and by proxy, Attack potential. The Ring also features metal on the smaller three blades, which increases its weight and therefore grants it better resistance to the recoil resulting from the opponent's and its own attacks. The Ring is mainly light pink, the rubber is dark purple and the metal is silver.
Chassis - 6A: 6A, or 6-Attack, is a left-spinning Double Chassis that is nearly identical to the Radiant Ring, except that the chassis is entirely made of rubber and therefore can, at lower speed, Spin-Equalize with a right-spinning opponent of higher speed, but that has a rather small chance of actually occuring when the 6A combination is using a high-speed Driver. The Chassis' color is primarily purple.
Driver - Quint Metal: Quint Metal is an Attack-type Driver sitting slightly lower than the standard height and featuring a rubber flat tip with six spikes protruding outwards and to the right, akin to Jolt. It also features a metallic base just above the rubber tip, which slightly increases its weight compared to other Drivers. Due to its lower height, Quint Metal grants its combination destabilization and Upper Attack potential, but the latter does not work in this case as the Radiant Ring's contact points do not curve upwards. The Driver's speed is also comparable to that of Evolution' or Xtreme', due to the somewhat soft rubber it uses. The Driver is light purple, the rubber is dark purple and the metal is silver like on the Ring.

Special Moves:
1- Radiant Flurry: Astrea's blades light up before unleashing a quick barrage of attack on the opponent without giving it any chance to respond, which usually ends up destabilizing the other Bey.
2- Stardust Slash: Astrea speeds along the stadium and builds up momentum, then collides with the opponent head-on, repeatedly striking it with the rubber blades for an explosive attack that usually ends up knocking out or Bursting the other Bey. However, on the off chance that it fails, Astrea recieves a part of the recoil and becomes vulnerable to attacks for a few seconds.
3- Shining Quint Charge: Using the rubber of its Quint Metal Driver, Astrea shoots away so fast it becomes nearly invisible for a split second, before reappearing behind its opponent and crashing into it full-on.
4- Radiant Illusion: Astrea strikes the opponent repeatedly with steadily increasing speed, producing an afterimage of itself with every attack, which all fade as it delivers the final blow.

Fun Fact: Out of all my OCs, Aki's probably the one with the highest number of entry times on the WBO's fanfics, and the one with the greatest number of Bey evolutions too (mainly due to all the fics she enters not following the Sparking Layer System).
Fun Fact 2: I just realized Astrea's basically Rule 63 Longinus with minor changes. It's a Left-Spin Attack-type and its evolved version specialize in Upper Attacks. Bruh.

Name: Bahaa Said
Nationality: Egyptian
Appearance: Bahaa is a fairly tall teenage boy, with fair skin, short brown hair swept to the side with two darker streaks, and brown eyes. He usually wears a dark blue T-Shirt with abstract triangle designs, blue jeans, white running shoes with black laces, and is sometimes seen wearing a white-rimmed sports cap.
Personality: Bahaa is a daring person who never lets anything stop him from achieving his goals. He is persistent, courageous, stubborn, and never backs down from a challenge. However, beneath all of the excited persona hides a master planner who takes each and every opportunity to analyze the situation and act accordingly and with great accuracy. He always plays fair and square, and gets offended when his opponent doesn't give their all into battles.
Bahaa has a secret hobby of collecting stickers because he loves looking for their smaller details, but thinks it's embarrassing so he doesn't talk about it.

Bey: Swing Bastet 0 Mobius' 5D (Sparking Dual Defense)
Sparking Chip - Bastet: Bastet is a dual-spinning Sparking Chip that is mostly circular in shape, with the face on the Chip vaguely resembling a cat in reference to its namesake: Bastet, the Egyptian goddess of the sun, the East, and protector of Lower Egypt. The chip is mostly orange with a few golden carvings and green eyes.
Ring - Swing: Swing is a dual-spinning ring that is also circular in shape with several protrusions and two contact points, similar to the Acid Anubis Energy Layer. Its Spin Direction can be changed by flipping it. The Ring's gimmick depends on its protrusions, which are made of solid silicone rubber to absorb impact. The Ring also includes a small amount of metal which makes up the contact points, creating an unbalanced design that poses a risk of tilting downwards and scraping. The Ring is mainly golden, the contact points are green and the metal is painted bronze.
Chassis - 5D: 5D, or 5-Defense, is a dual-spinning Single Chassis with five blades, two of which are noticeably wider than the others to create an unbalanced design similar to that of the Swing Ring, but it's still not heavy enough to completely balance it out even if the blades are in the opposite direction of the contact points. The chassis also features a free-spinning gimmick similar to that of 2B, which reduces the balancing effect even further. The Chassis is solid green.
Forge Disc - 0: Just your average 0 Disc for defense, really.
Driver - Mobius': Mobius' is a Defense-type Driver that features six thin, tall spikes emerging from the bottom of the standard Driver shell that end in a point just above the tip, which is composed of a wide, circular, free-spinning POM dish that features a small, rounded ball-shaped tip. Due to the POM dish's reduced friction with the stadium floor and its relatively tall height, Mobius' boasts some of the highest Stamina and Life-After-Death of all Drivers. Like other Dash Drivers, Mobius' features a red spring pad and a tighter spring lock, which enhances its Burst resistance. The Driver is orange, and the POM dish is white.

Special Moves:
1- Swing Guard: Bastet settles around the center, tilting slightly so the Ring is the only part making contact with the opponents, which makes it imprevious to damage and at the same time destabilizes any attacking opponent by making use of the metal blades.
2- Swinging Drain: Bastet uses the silicone rubber on its Ring to slow down an opposite-spin opponent of higher speed and absorb impact, sometimes even increasing its own spin speed.
3- Swing Counter: Bastet tilts in the opposite direction of an attacking Bey, allowing the 5D chassis to take all the impact and grant it a quick boost in speed, which it uses to rebound and counterattack with equal force.
4- Rising Sun Slash: This move can only happen when the two blades of the 5D Chassis are aligned with the Swing Ring's metal blades. Bastet clashes with the opponent Bey with all of its power, using its heavy weight concentrated at one point to deal critical damage and possibly Burst the opponent.

Fun Fact: In Egypt and most Arabian countries, people usually adress each other by their given name and their father's name instead of using their surname, especially in casual conversations. Said isn't Bahaa's surname, that's his dad's name. People keep misspelling and mispronouncing his surname all the time, so he decided to not use it when he doesn't have to.
Also, imagine Mobius' irl. Man, that would be crazy.
I check this thread every two weeks to see if it has chapter 1 lol.
(Apr. 22, 2021  7:47 PM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote: I check this thread every two weeks to see if it has chapter 1 lol.

Haha, sorry for the delay, but I had Writer's Block for the last four weeks and only got out of it yesterday. I'm almost done with Chapter 1, and will most likely post it next Thursday like I said in the first part of the update.
(Apr. 22, 2021  9:27 PM)PinkRose Wrote:
(Apr. 22, 2021  7:47 PM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote: I check this thread every two weeks to see if it has chapter 1 lol.

Haha, sorry for the delay, but I had Writer's Block for the last four weeks and only got out of it yesterday. I'm almost done with Chapter 1, and will most likely post it next Thursday like I said in the first part of the update.

Can't wait. I have a feeling this is going to be different and cool.
(Apr. 22, 2021  9:27 PM)PinkRose Wrote:

YEAHHHHHHHHH
LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Me forgeting that we're in april and when thursday is: (・-・; )
Anyway, at least I came in time, my phone stopped notifying me about this and I thought it was dead (I thought we were at may for some reason), I want to see how it goes and I'm kind of hyped.
(Feb. 11, 2021  8:16 AM)PinkRose Wrote: So basically, I'll say this: I suck carp when it comes to writing a competent storyline, and suck even more at sticking with said storyline. So I thought 'Hey, why can't I just make a random tournament thingy where everyone battles it out without any serious plot happening? That'd be fun.', and this came up.
The tournament consists of 2 stages: Round Robin Tag Battle Stage, and Single elimination Solo Battle Stage (kinda like the Legend Festival if you get what I mean).

Sign-ups are simple; all I need from you is:

Name
Nationality
Physical Appearance
3 Personality Traits
Bey (Please explain each part in as much detail as possible so I can understand what it does, even if it's not a custom part)
At least 2 Special Moves and what they do
(I'm taking no less than 7 and no more than 15 characters, btw)

And that about wraps it! If you have any questions, ask them here and I'll be sure to answer. See you!

Is it over?

If it is i’m probably going to be sad.