Family Guy vs Simpsons vs South Park

You're honestly arguing that a cartoon series is bullying Christians? Funny how Christianity sees fit to bully whoever the hell it wants. Generally, people aren't offended by things that don't have truth behind them. This "bullying" hits home because it exposes the ridiculousness of religions via satire.
Im catholic which is peters "religion" so yea...
good use on the big words beybrad XD . And to be honest, even though i watch em ALOT they really arent great shows. Talking puppets that cuss and kill stuff every 2 seconds. A fatty who constantly offends races, cultures, etc etc. And the Simpsons died on me a while ago.

*NOTE* Just because i made this post doesnt mean ill stop watching any of these shows...except the simpsons....it lost its luster a while ago
100% agree with Brad. Some of the things people believe are crazy. example: I have horns and thrive on money
(Oct. 18, 2008  2:03 PM)shinigami Wrote: bey fatty u mean eric right?

peter/eric i guess lol XD
(Oct. 17, 2008  9:33 PM)B Wrote: Every race,culture, or religion gets made fun of in these shows.

That's not true. Because if it was the Sackboy invasion wouldn't have to be put off for a week because it features lyrics in a song that were quoted from the Qu'aran. There are religions these shows don't touch.
It gets the major american religions.
(Oct. 18, 2008  7:20 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: You're honestly arguing that a cartoon series is bullying Christians? Funny how Christianity sees fit to bully whoever the hell it wants. Generally, people aren't offended by things that don't have truth behind them. This "bullying" hits home because it exposes the ridiculousness of religions via satire.

Proof? Backup info? What Christian cartoons bully everyone? I'm not talking about the religion. I'm talking about a cartoon show that thrives off of taking cheap shots. And in fact I think you'd find more atheists and agnostics throwing their weight around than any other religion now. It seems almost hip to be atheist.

I'm talking about a cartoon that went from attacking everything to attacking one thing. It becomes less funny when it is honed and repetitious. Which it is.

And using the term "satire" is rather loose. What is so satirical about Brian going "If there is a god, then make this book disappear." And then laughing when it doesn't. That isn't intelligent. That isn't funny. That isn't satirical.

Mocking? Yes. Satirical? No.
(Oct. 19, 2008  4:14 AM)jasonresno Wrote: And in fact I think you'd find more atheists and agnostics throwing their weight around than any other religion now. It seems almost hip to be atheist.

to be fair, things like "science" and "facts" are pretty easy to throw around
When I get offended by something on TV, I change the channel.
Oh MY GOSH, I feel so bad. ONE show is targeting over 50% of North America. Stop complaining and watch spongebob Uncertain
(Oct. 19, 2008  5:06 AM)B Wrote: Oh MY GOSH, I feel so bad. ONE show is targeting over 50% of North America. Stop complaining and watch spongebob Uncertain

nope people might get offended that the guy who plays spongebob is gay XD (im not making fun of gays but i heard this before and that he promotes it in the show... am not sure though. Pinching_eyes_2 )
o0, anyway, It's not like there's one religion that takes the hit of it. Aetheists (spelling?), jews, catholics, christians, and other religions are all made fun. Freedom of speech. It's not like it's physical bullying Uncertain. People don't treat you differently because they watch family guy.
true, they made one episode of family guy that peter looked for the right religion, and they mocked EVERY MAJOR possible religion there. it just a show. if you feel ofended you can 1. not watch it 2. get over it and laugh at your self 3. watch and if that episode goes on again change the channel!!! lol for me personaly if somethings i see on shows like that are ok, but if it starts to become wrong i just change the channel or change it and come back to it later if i want to see the rest.
(Oct. 19, 2008  5:20 AM)beymasterkai Wrote: true, they made one episode of family guy that peter looked for the right religion, and they mocked EVERY MAJOR possible religion there. it just a show. if you feel ofended you can 1. not watch it 2. get over it and laugh at your self 3. watch and if that episode goes on again change the channel!!!

It really is as simple as that. I choose not to get offended by Family Guy, but there are people who just get offended so they can be upset about something. It's a waste of mental energy IMO
People like to start fights or it's just nationalism with religion. "how dare they make fun of me, im better they don't have the right to blah blah blah....."
People usually don't complain when others are getting mocked. It's only when the attention is turned to them. If you laugh when it happens to someone else, don't complain when it happens to you. It's that simple.

Serious
so true, Who saw the new southpark episodes. It made fun of chinese people and breast cancer. I didn't see anyone complain about that.
yup, but when they get Christians, Muslims or anything else, suddenly there's uproar. That, if not hypocrisy, is darn close to it.

And really, breast cancer? They need to be a little bit more sensitive to the fact that people die from these conditions. Making fun of it is quite tasteless in my opinion.
Cartman makes fun of it and gets beaten up. I guess thats not the whole point of the episode
(Oct. 19, 2008  8:07 PM)ChozenBlader Wrote: yup, but when they get Christians, Muslims or anything else, suddenly there's uproar. That, if not hypocrisy, is darn close to it.

And really, breast cancer? They need to be a little bit more sensitive to the fact that people die from these conditions. Making fun of it is quite tasteless in my opinion.

i agree terminal illnesess are nothing to laugh at. people with cancer should not be made fun of.
They were to referring to the fact that kids think its funny because it has the word breast or boob or carp in it. Cartman laughs, then he gets in a fight and thats where the episode starts. They didn't directly make fun of it and say it was stupid
i guess it depends in the context then.
(Oct. 19, 2008  10:41 PM)B Wrote: They were to referring to the fact that kids think its funny because it has the word breast or boob or carp in it. Cartman laughs, then he gets in a fight and thats where the episode starts. They didn't directly make fun of it and say it was stupid

Still, some things should just be left alone. Cancer is one of those things.
(Oct. 20, 2008  7:06 AM)ChozenBlader Wrote:
(Oct. 19, 2008  10:41 PM)B Wrote: They were to referring to the fact that kids think its funny because it has the word breast or boob or carp in it. Cartman laughs, then he gets in a fight and thats where the episode starts. They didn't directly make fun of it and say it was stupid

Still, some things should just be left alone. Cancer is one of those things.

do you realize that the moral here is that people who make fun of cancer should be pummeled

seems like a sound moral to me