Family Guy vs Simpsons vs South Park

(Oct. 08, 2008  11:10 PM)Evan Wrote:
(Oct. 08, 2008  11:09 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Family Guy copied nothing from the Simpsons except that, um, there's a cartoon family.

Who is centered around random musings, insane acts, and comedy. Rip-off

simpons ripped off the flintstones and jetsons CONFIRMED
(Oct. 08, 2008  11:31 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Oct. 08, 2008  11:10 PM)Evan Wrote:
(Oct. 08, 2008  11:09 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Family Guy copied nothing from the Simpsons except that, um, there's a cartoon family.

Who is centered around random musings, insane acts, and comedy. Rip-off

simpons ripped off the flintstones and jetsons CONFIRMED

True, true it did. With a much more mature audience in mind.
My point is there are traits that are inherent with having an animated comedy about a family. There is a difference between plagiarism and inspiration, and Family Guy is guilty of the latter, not the former.
(Oct. 08, 2008  11:52 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: My point is there are traits that are inherent with having an animated comedy about a family. There is a difference between plagiarism and inspiration, and Family Guy is guilty of the latter, not the former.

Did I ever use the word plagiarism? Ofcourse it isn't plagiarism...the character designs are similar, but a lot different. I just don't like the show, and I do believe it was copied.
You said rip-off and copied, that implies plagiarism. Also, there was an episode of The Simpsons that outright accused Family Guy of being plagiarism. Pretty petty and just shows that The Simpsons has no life left in it.

Also, the character designs in Family Guy are pretty much nothing like the Simpsons, um.
(Oct. 09, 2008  12:07 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: You said rip-off and copied, that implies plagiarism. Also, there was an episode of The Simpsons that outright accused Family Guy of being plagiarism. Pretty petty and just shows that The Simpsons has no life left in it.

Also, the character designs in Family Guy are pretty much nothing like the Simpsons, um.

Peter's disposition is almost an exact copy of Homer...I never said plagiarism. Rip-off is slang of copied, and copied doesn't always mean plagiarism. I say copy as in using many of the same themes.
Peter's disposition is a copy of new Homer, which is a copy of Peter. Homer didn't always used to be so mind-numbingly retarded.

I'm sorry, but it just simply is not a copy. They share similar themes, just like all shows of this genre do.
(Oct. 09, 2008  12:13 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Peter's disposition is a copy of new Homer, which is a copy of Peter. Homer didn't always used to be so mind-numbingly retarded.

I'm sorry, but it just simply is not a copy. They share similar themes, just like all shows of this genre do.

Always wanting beer, very stupid, and working at a factory....sounds like Homer from day one
The simpson's steal from movies and do parody moments all the time. Family guys just randomly strings carp together. I'd rather have an entertaining rip off of a bunch of popular things than something that was just total stupidity (yes the simpson's has taken a dive down this road as of late exploring and reviving dead characters and such, but I still prefer it).

Hitler on a unicycle? Come on now...
(Oct. 09, 2008  2:31 AM)Train Wrote: The simpson's steal from movies and do parody moments all the time. Family guys just randomly strings carp together. I'd rather have an entertaining rip off of a bunch of popular things than something that was just total stupidity (yes the simpson's has taken a dive down this road as of late exploring and reviving dead characters and such, but I still prefer it).

Hitler on a unicycle? Come on now...

Exactly.
(Oct. 09, 2008  12:14 AM)Evan Wrote:
(Oct. 09, 2008  12:13 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Peter's disposition is a copy of new Homer, which is a copy of Peter. Homer didn't always used to be so mind-numbingly retarded.

Always wanting beer, very stupid, and working at a factory....sounds like Homer from day one

in that case this idea was "stolen" from "middle america"
homer doesnt work in a factory, he works in a plant Uncertain(kind of the same? lol?) , I like south park. I don't mind if I'm immature. I find it hilarious XD XD XD
To me
Fam Guy No.1!!!
2. South Park
3. Simpsons

Well that's my ranking just outta the 3. If Futurama, American Dad, etc. were in there they'd rank above simpsons. Even TDI would rank above the simpsons!(No offence to anyone)
I like both but Family Guy has really hit the fan this season. I didn't mind the occasional jab at Christianity (I am a Christian, like it or not) but now every episode thus far has had central and strong anti-christianity messages. Call me thin skinned or whatever but it's not something I like seeing.
(Oct. 17, 2008  5:18 AM)jasonresno Wrote: I like both but Family Guy has really hit the fan this season. I didn't mind the occasional jab at Christianity (I am a Christian, like it or not) but now every episode thus far has had central and strong anti-christianity messages. Call me thin skinned or whatever but it's not something I like seeing.

as an atheist i find them hilarious soooo
(Oct. 17, 2008  5:18 AM)jasonresno Wrote: I like both but Family Guy has really hit the fan this season. I didn't mind the occasional jab at Christianity (I am a Christian, like it or not) but now every episode thus far has had central and strong anti-christianity messages. Call me thin skinned or whatever but it's not something I like seeing.
Im a Christian too and i still say Family Guy owns Tongue_out
(Oct. 17, 2008  5:28 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:

as an atheist i find them hilarious soooo

So you found that entire bit about Jesus Christ and Peter using his name when he ended up in jail to be funny? It was cute, but come on..

Jesus Christ... Look at you..
(Oct. 04, 2008  8:21 PM)darkbladerx200 Wrote: simspons old was good but new is carp i think family guy is ok not to grate bout i like about the same as simpsons but then south park owns em all hands down south park is the boss of the 3.

same, i love south park alot!
Every race,culture, or religion gets made fun of in these shows. It's not something to fight over. I'm jewish and I found the weinstein episode funny. Also, when southpark brought in kyles cousin XD
No I never minded it. Because Family Guy didn't hold back on ANYONE. Now it seems a bit too targeted and narrow minded.
(Oct. 17, 2008  10:27 PM)B Wrote: targeted on who?

people who are easily offended by anything relating to them

surprise
XD yeah, it's not like there is no such thing as "not watching the show"
(Oct. 18, 2008  5:05 AM)B Wrote: XD yeah, it's not like there is no such thing as "not watching the show"

LOLOLOL!!! UR SO FUNNY!!11!!!

There's a difference between being a sharp-pushing the limit television show that takes no prisoners an holds no bars and a show that bullies. I'd prefer the former over the latter.

New family guy isn't smart enough to be offensive but it is bad enough.