Fabulous Caboodles Makeup Case Review (56k Warning)

Alright guys, I found these awesome makeup cases at Target. I think they were on sale, so look for them soon. They're in the cosmetics department, obviously. They come in various looks, such as leather black, a lace pattern, and a stripe pattern. They have various different internal finishes.

They are called the Caboodles Cosmetic Organizers. They have a site called Caboodles.com
[Image: DSC01596.jpg]
[Image: DSC01597.jpg]
[Image: DSC01607.jpg]

I have two different sizes. The cases lock with included keys. The larger, more expensive one is not as long as the smaller one. These come in even smaller sizes, too.

[Image: DSC01598.jpg]
[Image: DSC01599.jpg]

They open like this. You fold out the trays as shown, which reveal a large opening in the bottom. This opening can hold additional organizers, boxes, grip shooters, etc. As you can see, mine has a wonderful purple internal finish. Perfect for me!

[Image: DSC01600.jpg]

The larger one has little elastic bands on each side of the opening top, which can hold various things like winders and parts containers, or even a right spin shooter if you position the prongs so it closes properly.

[Image: DSC01605.jpg]
[Image: DSC01606.jpg]

The smaller one does not have these bands, but it is longer to accommodate a winder. You can easily make your own holder for a winder with some creativity and super glue. That's what I intend to do.

[Image: DSC01604.jpg]

The trays open out like this.

[Image: DSC01601.jpg]
[Image: DSC01608.jpg]
[Image: DSC01609.jpg]

The larger one has wider trays, but they are all the same depth. They can hold most Beyblades if they are placed in the tray upside down. My combination uses an SG Metalball and a short type bit chip, so that will give you an idea of how deep they are. Taller Beyblades can be stored in the upper trays, which allow you more clearance. You might want to be creative and construct something to keep those ones from shifting too much, though. Don't keep small parts in the upper trays because they do not close together like the two lower ones do. If you keep any very small parts such as bearings, I recommend keeping them in a small plastic bag or another container within the case.

The first thing I will advise you to do is not buy this if you're just planning to toss all of your Beyblades inside carelessly. This case is nice, and it's for a player who values their parts and wants to keep them clean and organized. You'll be better off with a shoebox or a cheaper fishing tackle case if you're careless. This case is sort of like what a nice handbag is to an army-navy store tote.

These cases are pricey, though. The large ones I have here are 40 dollars new. There are smaller ones that would work well for an HMS collection that are available for 25. I think this case is worth more like 30 dollars, so you might want to see if you can find something similar or wait until this one goes on sale! They're elegant looking and look nice in a room, they have a nice internal lining, and they appear to be durable enough. They are large enough to hold any tournament combo set, and possibly entire collections depending on how into it you are. It will not hold all of my plastic combinations and parts, but it will hold all of my HMS parts.
Be careful with how you organize things inside. Things will stay in their trays as long as they are not small enough to slip in-between the trays when you are carrying it. The trays may expand slightly if you allow it to tip over, releasing small objects like bearing shafts and maybe even spin gears. I have not tested this. The upper tray gives room for spills, so use it wisely to store larger items or glue additional walls to the trays to keep them from spilling.

I love them. Just don't abuse them. Be careful, keep them upright, and don't slam them around.

-Anubis
Very nice find. I wish I had one of these, I am desperately in need of a new case for my Beyblades.
(Aug. 25, 2008  1:43 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: gay

Don't hate me because I'm fabulous!
I totally thought this was a spam topic made by a bot when I first saw the thread title and I was about to go delete it, then I saw who posted it.

Clearly I was wrong. lol
That being said, I don't see how these make particularly good Beyblade cases ... this style of cosmetic case is common so it's nothing particularly noteworthy, there are no individual slots that will fit Beyblades and it doesn't look like it will hold very much.
(Aug. 25, 2008  2:27 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: That being said, I don't see how these make particularly good Beyblade cases ... this style of cosmetic case is common so it's nothing particularly noteworthy, there are no individual slots that will fit Beyblades and it doesn't look like it will hold very much.

Well, it isn't perfect, but it works just as well as a generic tackle box. And it looks nice. I wanted it, so I just thought maybe other people would too. They're actually pretty big.
(Aug. 25, 2008  2:31 AM)Anubis Wrote:
(Aug. 25, 2008  2:27 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: That being said, I don't see how these make particularly good Beyblade cases ... this style of cosmetic case is common so it's nothing particularly noteworthy, there are no individual slots that will fit Beyblades and it doesn't look like it will hold very much.

Well, it isn't perfect, but it works just as well as a generic tackle box. And it looks nice. I wanted it, so I just thought maybe other people would too. They're actually pretty big.

It's a bit too big for me. The compartments dwarf the parts. For someone like Brad who has so much this would be a great way to organize, but for a lot of us with only a certain amount it's actually overkill. I prefer my tackle box. Actually I need a new one it's a bit small. All my parts fit in it, but it's sorta tight. I'd like something just slightly larger. My tackle box only has 1 top piece to separate stuff. I'd like something with 2 layers and then the bottom if I could.

Also this might be a bit girly for some people. I mean it's nice enough nice leather and all, but yeah a bit feminine..
What happened to your Kid Draciel D:
(Aug. 25, 2008  3:07 AM)G Wrote: What happened to your Kid Draciel D:

It is painted, but it has sustained damage over time through battles.

And yeah, I know it's kind of feminine. I guess. Only because of the print on the inside, I think... And the fact that it's a makeup box. I'm not insisting you buy it, I just thought it was cool. So I posted a review because I want to contribute.

Also, remember, they're available in smaller sizes. Another thing to note is that I have kind of a unique interest, and I'm a little bit feminine, myself. So MLEH!

Oh, wow. I just found out that it comes with an offer for a free engraved name plate. You have to pay shipping (2.50), but oh well. I think I'm gonna do it. x3
Hey I think this is a good write up but I wouldn't rock it.
For me the lining was too much LOL

If they were Aluminium I'd consider it. Seen any of those dope high tech looking aluminum cases?
(Aug. 25, 2008  6:06 AM)Blue Wrote: Hey I think this is a good write up but I wouldn't rock it.
For me the lining was too much LOL

If they were Aluminium I'd consider it. Seen any of those dope high tech looking aluminum cases?

I actually have one of those Vaultz CD cases. I hacked all of the CD hardware out and put foam in there for Beyblades. It looks really nice. :3

I'm in the process of attaching winder straps to the inner walls of the makeup case.
[Image: DSC01611.jpg]
I completed the winder straps. They are made from leather. The winder straps on the other side will be for G-Winders. I think the new winders will fit in these current straps.

[Image: DSC01612.jpg]
A quick custom key for the lock with a bit of leather and wire.
You mentioned to me that this case cost $40 ... which is a terrible deal.
(Aug. 25, 2008  8:55 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: You mentioned to me that this case cost $40 ... which is a terrible deal.

It isn't the best deal, but I don't think it's terrible. It really is nice. If you can get one cheaper, go for it. I just really, really like it, personally.

The smaller ones are 25 dollars. I think those ones are somewhat worth it for someone who wants to hold their HMS. In fact, I really honestly recommend that one.
It's a no-name synthetic leather and polyester make-up case.
(Aug. 25, 2008  9:11 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: It's a no-name synthetic leather and polyester make-up case.

And if it was a designer true leather case, it would cost at least 120 dollars. You get what you pay for...
i think it would be pretty cool.i mean, the designs, well you know, but besides that, they are fine, i would just paint over it and trick it out a bit..but even so, i have somethin else so this would just be somethin temporary..interesting find, thanks for the contribution
(Aug. 25, 2008  9:14 AM)Anubis Wrote:
(Aug. 25, 2008  9:11 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: It's a no-name synthetic leather and polyester make-up case.

And if it was a designer true leather case, it would cost at least 120 dollars. You get what you pay for...

My point is that it's silly to use something like this for Beyblades. :\
(Aug. 25, 2008  6:36 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Aug. 25, 2008  9:14 AM)Anubis Wrote:

My point is that it's silly to use something like this for Beyblades. :\

How is it silly? It would really help someone organize they're Beyblades. While most of us may not like the look of the inside, it still has a lot of space and is useful.
Somebody pissed in Brad's corn flakes.

I think this would be great for taking your beyblade stuff around. I always had to throw mine in a small cardboard box I had lying around.
(Aug. 25, 2008  9:15 PM)SexyMichael Wrote: Somebody pissed in Brad's corn flakes.

:\ omg someone thinks this is a bad idea heaven forfend!!

This is just a cosmetics case, there's nothing special or noteworthy about it. It has no advantages over any other cosmetics case, and certainly none over practical organizers.

I don't see why this was necessary is all!

Michael, if you were taking your Beyblades around in a cardboard box, you could've gotten an actual organization case, or even a BAG ...

I can't believe people are reading this and acting like it had never occurred to them to put their Beyblades in things.
(Aug. 25, 2008  10:48 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Aug. 25, 2008  9:15 PM)SexyMichael Wrote: Somebody pissed in Brad's corn flakes.

:\ omg someone thinks this is a bad idea heaven forfend!!

This is just a cosmetics case, there's nothing special or noteworthy about it. It has no advantages over any other cosmetics case, and certainly none over practical organizers.

Michael, if you were taking your Beyblades around in a cardboard box, you could've gotten an actual organization case, or even a BAG ...

I can't believe people are reading this and acting like it had never occurred to them to put their Beyblades in things.

I still don't really understand why you're so opposed to the thing xD

It's just a nicer looking alternative to a tackle box. It isn't perfect, it isn't super duper amazing for Beyblades, it isn't the zenith of organizational technology. It just looks nice. And I don't see why it's silly to use it for Beyblades. It works rather well.

Honestly one of the things I really like about this is how the trays fold out, so it sort of spreads everything out in front of me.

I have a feeling someone's gonna make fun of me if I show up at an AN tournament with this box!~ x3
(Aug. 25, 2008  10:48 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: :\ omg someone thinks this is a bad idea heaven forfend!!

I don't see how using this case would be a bad idea.

Anubis isn't trying to say that it is the best case of all time or whatever, he just wanted to show us this case that he found, which looks like it could be very useful for storing and organizing Beyblades. And, it is a nice case. It's not really cheap or anything, so that is why he posted about it.