FOR NEW YORKERS are you intrested in beyblade tournamets?

Ichida Wrote:You people realize you're violently arguing about the rules of a fan-run Beyblade tournament, right? It should be simple; plastic division and HMS division. Some people might not like that spread, but it's the easiest and allows for a more equally standardized level of play. Though I have to agree on banning Wolborg MS. Or at least its Running Core.

To be fair, you've argued just as fervently over video games.
please forgive me i was not clear with all the rules of the tournament

before a tournament starts you pick 3 Blades those 3 blades will be the ones you will you use the whole tournament. However if you loose and wish to pay for a re enter then you can change your blades around.

A match is best 2 out of 3 and when a new battle starts both players have the option to switch to another of the 3 selected blades.
Elmo Wrote:I think this tourney is only meant to be for the neighborhood. Keyblader and his buddies meet up at a shop and beyblade all day, after paying $8 to the storekeeper for being nice to them. Hoorah, hoorah. No HMS because Keyblader and his friends don't like it, no harm done. I doubt anyone outside of New York, and hardly anyone outside the neighborhood, will come to this small store to beyblade with stuck up plastic lovers.

Chocked

We are not stuck up! All bladers are welcome, but they will be divided into separate tournaments for fairness to unskilled players!
Only plastic-plastic, and HMS-HMS

Don't like it too bad! I'm sick of arguing with all of you!
keyblader007 Wrote:
Elmo Wrote:I think this tourney is only meant to be for the neighborhood. Keyblader and his buddies meet up at a shop and beyblade all day, after paying $8 to the storekeeper for being nice to them. Hoorah, hoorah. No HMS because Keyblader and his friends don't like it, no harm done. I doubt anyone outside of New York, and hardly anyone outside the neighborhood, will come to this small store to beyblade with stuck up plastic lovers.

Chocked

We are not stuck up! All bladers are welcome, but they will be divided into separate tournaments for fairness to unskilled players!
Only plastic-plastic, and HMS-HMS

Don't like it too bad! I'm sick of arguing with all of you!
Beyblade14 Wrote:You know there Maybe be Younger BeyBladers at the Tournament so they might cry when they lose to us. You know I am 14 year old and some of us are 17, 16 and 15 year olds.
Grow up G!

I'm done with this topic, point is we will have fun and you lose out, it's your problem not mine!
TheBlackBlade22 Wrote:please forgive me i was not clear with all the rules of the tournament

before a tournament starts you pick 3 Blades those 3 blades will be the ones you will you use the whole tournament. However if you loose and wish to pay for a re enter then you can change your blades around.

A match is best 2 out of 3 and when a new battle starts both players have the option to switch to another of the 3 selected blades.

Thanks for coming back and clearing this up in a SENSIBLE MANNER. I just wish that it wasn't so obviously dragging the money from these kid's pockets. It seems odd to me.
keyblader007 Wrote:Grow up G!

I'm done with this topic, point is we will have fun and you lose out, it's your problem not mine!

Yes, because robbing children of their money totally rocks!!!
Elmo Wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7BP5I3o26A

And we need to grow up

I LOL'd.

I'd like to see some other way to re-enter without paying.

In Pokemon TCG tournaments I went to, the losers of the first round were put in the B-bracket. I thought this was a good system. There's lots of ways to do it without money. I understand that the store wants to make money, but I've never paid more than $5 to enter a tournament. They're not losing any money by hosting it, so everything is pure profit for them.
Yeah, in some TCGs too, players who pay like $5 to enter also get a free booster pack so just having a fee for $5 should be good enough.
Elmo carp you!

Ok it was something fun and random what is wrong with that, it's not immature!

I guess you never watch comedies where adults act like idiots for fun!

You need to live a little!

It's not ripping people off intentionally, the place is small and busy so it is nice of them to offer a time space for us when it could easily be something more profitable!

Chocked
I know keyblader already replied to this but what u just said is a little screwed up. How are we stuck up cuz we like using plastic tops.

Back in the day when beyblade was o.d popular there were both Plastic and HMS tournaments cuz its only common sense that it is a slaughter when an HMS and a plastic blade battle. This is no differnt then back then. besides 99% of the time the plastic balde looses to an HMS.

Its like going in to a duel with a plastic sword agiansed the dude with the metal sword.

Let me ask you who is going to win?
TheBlackBlade22 Wrote:

Chocked
I know keyblader already replied to this but what u just said is a little screwed up. How are we stuck up cuz we like using plastic tops.

Back in the day when beyblade was o.d popular there were both Plastic and HMS tournaments cuz its only common sense that it is a slaughter when an HMS and a plastic blade battle. This is no differnt then back then. besides 99% of the time the plastic balde looses to an HMS.

Its like going in to a duel with a plastic sword agiansed the dude with the metal sword.

Let me ask you who is going to win?

I really don't want to answer, but I will anyways. The guy with the metal sword obviously, but it's the other swordie's fault for trying to fight with a plastic sword in the first place. That pretty much was a review of where were trying to get at.
Again, where in NY is this going to be? I think I might want to go and compete.
Tamer Brad Wrote:I LOL'd.

In Pokemon TCG tournaments I went to, the losers of the first round were put in the B-bracket. I thought this was a good system. There's lots of ways to do it without money. I understand that the store wants to make money, but I've never paid more than $5 to enter a tournament. They're not losing any money by hosting it, so everything is pure profit for them.

JUST LIKE HOW TENNIS TOURNEYS WORK. OMG! ^^

There is the main bracket. Win the first match, move on. Lose the second match, you're done. If you lost the first match, you're put into a consolation bracket and the winner receives a consolation prize (similar to third place).

God, I love how good systems are present everywhere.

Also, you're not that open minded, are you, Keyblader?

I didn't mean it when I said stuck up, I apologize. The way Keyblader is acting makes him act like a stuck up, immature kid, but I didn't mean to apply this to everyone in the tourney.
Spinster Wrote:Again, where in NY is this going to be? I think I might want to go and compete.

Brooklyn maybe?
Spinster Wrote:Again, where in NY is this going to be? I think I might want to go and compete.

Remember, no HMS allowed!
Isn't it MORE unfair to ask people to pay to re-enter? What if a kid only has five dollars?
G Wrote:

Remember, no HMS allowed!
So what if there is no HMS allowed use plastic blades then. If you want to show some skills and call yourselves bladers that have a good clean fight

Plastic vs. Plastic
Metal Vs Metal

and lay off on keyblader u guys are o.ding on him he is just trying to help me out so we can all enjoy a fun compitition.
Elmo Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:I LOL'd.

JUST LIKE HOW TENNIS TOURNEYS WORK. OMG! ^^

There is the main bracket. Win the first match, move on. Lose the second match, you're done. If you lost the first match, you're put into a consolation bracket and the winner receives a consolation prize (similar to third place).

God, I love how good systems are present everywhere.

Also, you're not that open minded, are you, Keyblader?

I didn't mean it when I said stuck up, I apologize. The way Keyblader is acting makes him act like a stuck up, immature kid, but I didn't mean to apply this to everyone in the tourney.

Fine I'm sorry for cursing you out Elmo, but you shouldn't take shots at people with unrelated things, doing a random video doesn't make it immature! Still I got out of hand too I'm sorry!
Quote:If you want to show some skills and call yourselves bladers that have a good clean fight

Please don't post ridiculousness like this, it's not even half-true.
Tamer Brad Wrote:
Quote:If you want to show some skills and call yourselves bladers that have a good clean fight

you did not even quote my whole post and its true a 4 year old with and HMS can dystroy a skilled player with a plastic blade your one of the best you should know that.
TheBlackBlade22 Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:

you did not even quote my whole post and its true a 4 year old with and HMS can dystroy a skilled player with a plastic blade your one of the best you should know that.

Um, I didn't quote your whole post because I was responding to a single part.

And that 4 year old is smarter than that skilled player if the skilled player wasn't smart enough to use an HMS against an HMS.
TheBlackBlade22 Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:

Actually, not really. I find that the 4 year olds tend to screw up their launch really badly.
Tamer Brad Wrote:
TheBlackBlade22 Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:

Um, I didn't quote your whole post because I was responding to a single part.

And that 4 year old is smarter than that skilled player if the skilled player wasn't smart enough to use an HMS against an HMS.
Dont judge smarts just because a kid did not play HMS with another HMS.

And besides what is the big deal with a plastic tournament?

and like i said back in the day there were both plastic and HMS tournys this is a plastic tourny.