FACE CONTEST: Design a BeyStadium!

(Apr. 03, 2009  1:17 AM)Evan Wrote: Uhhh well, I'm nowhere near done; but here's after about 30 minutes or so.

This is the first time I've ever used Illustrator, so honestly I have no idea what I'm doing.

[Image: 86713983.png]

The idea for the stadium is kind of a wave, like the slope on the outer area (where the tornado ridge is) starts at the same as the inner bowl (not the flat part) but rises up to where the beyblade angled downward. Then it drops like a wave. I have no idea if that made any sense, but it's hard to word it. I'll do more renders for my final submission.

*THIS IS NOT MY SUBMISSION - I'M JUST POSTING TO GET FEEDBACK*

I like this a lot; You've nailed the practicality as well as the creativity. I truly look forward to seeing the finished product. I really like the holders and especially the slope. It can seriously change up strategies.
Hahaha I still have no idea what I'm doing with this program.

How do you lay textures?
Ok this time I will guarantee to finish it up P:
Since I have Spring Break next week Ill finish it up in one day xD
Evan, I like your idea. One thing though, is the Tornado Ridge aligned with the wall?
Just wondering, because if it is, I can see it working like a proper ridge.
(Apr. 03, 2009  2:40 AM)shikamaru526 Wrote: Evan, I like your idea. One thing though, is the Tornado Ridge aligned with the wall?
Just wondering, because if it is, I can see it working like a proper ridge.

It's the same as TB, I just can't figure out how I'd draw that. The only difference is that the ridge follows the incline.
Alright, I can kind of image what you are trying to get at. Will be awaiting your final render. Grin
You did awesome Evan. Great idea with the storage area and tornado rides.
This is NOT my submission, I'm just posting for feedback, etc. I'm not sure if I'll use this or if I'll redraw it (or make a different stadium). But here's the Ultimate Tornado Stadium:
http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr24/...CN0347.jpg
http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr24/...CN0338.jpg
http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr24/...CN0338.jpg
It has a sloped outer ring area, a small flat surface dividing the sloped areas, and then the inner bowl with a survival area in the middle, if that makes sense. It is supposed to put more stress on being able to launch well and use launching techniques, because otherwise you will see little contact with the opponent and most likely lose. Sliding shoot should still be able to work over the flat and both sloped areas, atleast for a little while. It is slightly bigger than the Attack Beystadium, but smaller then Tornado Balance. The exits should compensate the size by being a little bigger than on the Attack Beystadium. There's no actual tornado ridge to it, so the title is somewhat misleading, I suppose. XD
Nice sketches Pichuscute. I think you're on the right track.
Awesome, thanks. =)
nice job Pichuscute! Look forward to the final draft.
Good job Pichu ^^ Looking good

Well, here's a new draft with color to show kinda how the slope is. If you look at the last diagram, then match the colors with the parts and you'll get a rough estimate of slope size and such.

[Image: 90735935.jpg]
I think you should erase the parts where the exits are instead of having them a different color ...
(Apr. 03, 2009  4:16 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I think you should erase the parts where the exits are instead of having them a different color ...

Thanks for the input, will do for the final draft ^^ I'll leave the exits clear, but have the outline to show the ridge part before the drop off
That looks really nice, and I agree with Brad. Maybe I should draw mine more like that.
Here is my design of the bey stadium, I could really only enter today as I have to get ready for my school camp.. and I'm sick of school so I thought this might take my sickness of my mind..
Stadium name: Electdome
Ramp http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk25/...an0002.jpg
The ramp is optional for the stadium, It can not be taken out of the stadium until the end of the beyblade battle, it's made of hard plastic.
Stadium
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk25/...n00022.jpg
The stadium is powerd by batterys obviously, the arrows represent which way that part of the stadium is going, this stadium can effect your game plan heavily.The stadium is made of hard plastic.
What is the exact purpose of the CD player? Is it supposed to affect the rotational speed, or did I miss the ball?
LOL CD player? that's a bit ridiculous and is actually going to hurt your chances. i like the rest of the idea though!
Lol, so you can listen to your faviourite music where ever you are beyblading! lol
I kinda regret it tho.. I thought it was a bit dull.
Shouldn't have added the CD player, otherwise the idea is kool. The ramps were a nice addition, too.
here is mine
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

I would have waited and remade my stadium if I had an idea that was already used. It just makes it seem like you copied otherwise, even though you may not have. =/
yeah but this is my only idea i had
(Apr. 03, 2009  5:27 AM)sousa98 Wrote: here is mine

I am starting to see a trend among many of these stadiums. I think we need move away from rotating sections in the beystadiums people.

WARNING: THIS IS NOT MY SUBMISSION
This beystadium has 4 parts. A center flat part for survival/defense, two attack parts (one of them is made of rubber), and another flat part made of plastic.