FACE CONTEST: Design a BeyStadium!

(Apr. 02, 2009  8:50 PM)Giga Wrote: Ugh I knew this would happen. Pretty much the exits of the beystadium have walls behind them, which are pulled up by string as the match progresses. So the exits turn into walls, get it?

not really no

perhaps you should've spent more time on it considering you have two weeks left :\
I know but like I said I wanted it out of the way. What don't you get?
(Apr. 02, 2009  9:03 PM)Giga Wrote: I know but like I said I wanted it out of the way. What don't you get?

Then why enter at all? :\

Anyway, what pulls the walls up?
Erm... I think string releases if you press a button? :\
(Apr. 02, 2009  8:37 AM)Synesthesia Wrote: Being staff owns soooooo hard...............

but not right now Unhappy

Two contests that I'm out of Unhappy

But wow, 4 entries already?
I better do this before my school camp Pinching_eyes_2 I will start soon..But I'm going to take my time aswell
(Apr. 03, 2009  12:14 AM)BladeBee Wrote: Well Here is Mine,I am not that good at Drawing Or Computer Drawing

http://img9.imageshack.us/my.php?image=entrym.png

You have two weeks...

People take your time; this isn't a raceChief - Sigh ...
http://s726.photobucket.com/albums/ww266...2430PM.jpg

This is my entry. I tried to go for simplicity so that the battles would last longer( and therefore be more enjoyable =P).
(Apr. 03, 2009  12:22 AM)jsc Wrote: http://s726.photobucket.com/albums/ww266...2430PM.jpg

This is my entry. I tried to go for simplicity so that the battles would last longer( and therefore be more enjoyable =P).

Isent that the stadium Kai and Max Battled in During Season 1 in the tournament where the winners formed a team.
I'm on this one ^^ I just got Illustrator, so I'm gonna learn how to use it with this
Yea, it looks alot like it..
did you guys forget the "plausible" part
It seems that few people have gone with physics and plausibility, when it comes to creating their stadium designs.
Although some designs have been pretty amazing, and they would be amazing to battle in, they are completely improbable.
Lets keep it to designs that could actually be replicated for a target audience that have a price range that isn't within the $100+ market.
Sorry, I've probably over stepped my mark here since I'm not in a moderator position.
I just want the best results possible to come from this competition.
No dieddead, you're completely on the mark. Your stadium is about as "technical" as it should get. Some of this is just absurd.
(Apr. 03, 2009  12:40 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: No dieddead, you're completely on the mark. Your stadium is about as "technical" as it should get. Some of this is just absurd.
Call me DD (D.D.) ^ ^ Thanks, I was hoping to go for something plausible.
I like diedead`s a lot and would definately buy it ^^ . But for Crimson, would the impact on something like rubber (not sure how hard it is) kill the blade?
Seriously guys, we are looking for a stadium that you could go to a Toys R Us, buy for a reasonable sum of money and use without having to undergo any arduous assembly/setup process. When you create your entries try and make sure they fit this criteria.
(Apr. 03, 2009  12:59 AM)Hero Wrote: I like diedead`s a lot and would definately buy it ^^ . But for Crimson, would the impact on something like rubber (not sure how hard it is) kill the blade?

It wouldn't necessarily 'kill' they beyblade, but it would definitely result in a massive reduction of RPM.
Uhhh well, I'm nowhere near done; but here's after about 30 minutes or so.

This is the first time I've ever used Illustrator, so honestly I have no idea what I'm doing.

[Image: 86713983.png]

The idea for the stadium is kind of a wave, like the slope on the outer area (where the tornado ridge is) starts at the same as the inner bowl (not the flat part) but rises up to where the beyblade angled downward. Then it drops like a wave. I have no idea if that made any sense, but it's hard to word it. I'll do more renders for my final submission.

*THIS IS NOT MY SUBMISSION - I'M JUST POSTING TO GET FEEDBACK*
Lol i thought i`d be the only person with a storage place XD . I do like the overrall setup, too. It might just be me, but its sort of hard to read.
(Apr. 03, 2009  1:26 AM)Hero Wrote: Lol i thought i`d be the only person with a storage place XD . I do like the overrall setup, too. It might just be me, but its sort of hard to read.

I just did a quick MS Paint overlay lol

The way I see it, the steep incline back out of the bowl could be useful for smashers
that's actually pretty cool man
(Apr. 03, 2009  1:37 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: that's actually pretty cool man

I agree. Looking forward to seeing the final version. Sounds like you have a pretty nice idea.