FACE CONTEST: Design a BeyStadium!

Did you think I was going to let you rest!? You want another chance at a Face, don't you!? Let's get to it then!

This challenge will have you designing your very own BeyStadium. I'm interested to see how this happens! A BeyStadium is much easier to draw, but can you come up with something so great that it stirs our hearts!?

The winners will get their choice of:
How mysterious! I wonder what could be inside of them?

And yes, that's right, winners. Not one, but two people will win Face Boosters! How cool!

When we're grading your entries, we'll be considering a few things.
  • Artistry: Obviously, someone who hand draws their BeyStadium for several hours is going to be taken more seriously than someone who quickly puts something together in MS Paint. That being said, we understand that not everyone has the same artistic ability. Effort is what's important!
  • Originality: A plain circle with three exits isn't really going to do it. Be creative! Try to think of what would make the battle more exciting without making it uneven!
  • Plausibility: A solid platinum stadium with rotating walls that hovers over water isn't very realistic. Design something that might actually see production someday!

And now for the rules:
  • Limit one entry per person! Your first entry will be the only one that's considered, so work hard on it!
  • The WBO Committee isn't eligible. Sorry Khel!
  • You have until 11:59 PM April 15 in whatever timezone you live in to do it. Any entries after that will be disqualified!
  • Post your entries in this thread! (You can also talk about the contest, ideas, or whatever in this thread as well!) However, you cannot post drafts of your entry and ask for feedback!

What do you mean some of this post looks familiar?
(Apr. 02, 2009  7:27 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: The WBO Committee isn't eligible. Sorry Khel!

God Damn it! Pinching_eyes_2

Oh well look forward to some interesting designs for this one. I fully expect to be blown away by you all so.....no pressure.
Being staff owns soooooo hard...............

but not right now Unhappy
I might draw up something for this for fun. I have some really cool ideas.
This is infinitely harder than drawing a beyblade. I don’t even know where I’d start. Lucky I got the other contest. XD
Yeah, this is much harder, because the stadium itself is easy to draw, but it's hard to get some cool ideas...
(Apr. 02, 2009  8:37 AM)Synesthesia Wrote: Being staff owns soooooo hard...............

but not right now Unhappy

But we wouldn't change it for the world eh Synesthesia?

If I got time I will probably sketch something for fun. I have an idea, but no clues on how to execute it in a feasible manner.
(Apr. 02, 2009  7:27 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
  • Plausibility: A solid platinum stadium with rotating walls that hovers over water isn't very realistic. Design something that might actually see production someday!

Hahaha, that would be the best thing ever
(Apr. 02, 2009  7:27 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [*]Plausibility: A solid platinum stadium with rotating walls that hovers over water isn't very realistic. Design something that might actually see production someday!

Damn, that was totally my idea. Tongue_out_wink
Ok, been working on this for a good chunk of today when I should have been doing university work XP
Rising Tide Stadium
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/3649/picture7h.png
p.s. the stadiums function is 'set' by a judge pressing down the pegs, releasing on 2 before announcing "Go Shoot! Or Let It Rip Respectively", so technically it's 31 seconds before the pegs rise.
There would have been more options for the timer, 1 being that you could set it to random, meaning the pegs could come up at any time between 20 and 80 seconds, and 2, the timer can be turned off so it can just be used as a normal stadium, but I submitted this a little too early.
Wow, an entry already? How the hell did you manage to think of anything? My brain is so blank. XD I like that idea though. And the colours. Grin
(Apr. 02, 2009  4:49 PM)Rocky Wrote: Wow, an entry already? How the hell did you manage to think of anything? My brain is so blank. XD I like that idea though. And the colours. Grin
I've had 7 cans of relentless today. This was the 10th idea, this is just the only one that makes any sense, well the others made sense when I made them, but I don't think you'd like em, since, I had another idea I liked, but um.
Yeah, it'd need sparks, and gas canisters, and it has fire.
So, yeah. This one Grin
My production is underway!
(Apr. 02, 2009  4:34 PM)dieddead46 Wrote: Ok, been working on this for a good chunk of today when I should have been doing university work XP
Rising Tide Stadium

Holy carp this is cool Grin Also very well drawn. I feel like there should be fewer pins though, it seems like this stadium would result in too many tie games.
(Apr. 02, 2009  5:17 PM)Minion Wrote: Holy carp this is cool Grin Also very well drawn. I feel like there should be fewer pins though, it seems like this stadium would result in too many tie games.

Felt it needed that many to prevent any chances of Libra based combos somehow avoiding the pins while other combos got peg smacked.
Yes, peg smacked is the technical term.
(Apr. 02, 2009  4:34 PM)dieddead46 Wrote: Ok, been working on this for a good chunk of today when I should have been doing university work XP
Rising Tide Stadium
p.s. the stadiums function is 'set' by a judge pressing down the pegs, releasing on 2 before announcing "Go Shoot! Or Let It Rip Respectively", so technically it's 31 seconds before the pegs rise.

Christ man that was fast! Good job tough. Tongue_out
(Apr. 02, 2009  6:09 PM)Khel Wrote: Christ man that was fast! Good job tough. Tongue_out

Comes from being a graphic designer ^ ^ And y'know, insane amounts of caffeine.
Although I think I'll crash fairly soon.. Not so good.
Ill submit this design. It might not be the best but...I'm very busy - so:

http://i41.tinypic.com/1zbq543.jpg

It was too big for IMG codes
http://s568.photobucket.com/albums/ss127...m1copy.jpg
My design. Needed to post before I start over XD, called The Blocker (subject to change when I think of a better name)
I really liked my idea, so I decided I may as well do a first-day-entry. As that way, I don't have to worry about not getting it done. Tongue_out
Crimson's Entry : Beystadium Rebound Spike Type
Beystadium - Rebound Spike Type
Full zoomed out drawing
"Rubber Bumper Wall" Closeup - Coloured
Rebound Spike Stadium, Cross View - Coloured

Idea is to have a stadium where nowhere is 'safe', high speed attackers risk being shot out, defense/stamina types have rough ground to spin on.
Think of the walls as Round Shell MS's that are spring loaded and attached to the walls Tongue_out_wink
I really like dieddead's idea. Would solve our problems with Libra if we still have any. Crimson's rubber bumpers are cool too. I'm having a really hard time thinking of something.
Nice Designs people, but no need to rush there are still like 2 weeks.
(Apr. 02, 2009  6:26 PM)Giga Wrote: http://s568.photobucket.com/albums/ss127/Gigawbo/?action=view¤t=stadium1copy.jpg
My design. Needed to post before I start over XD, called The Blocker (subject to change when I think of a better name)

i honestly don't understand what i'm looking at, you should've taken more time

also guys, don't overthink it ... you can do a lot of cool stuff just with different slopes and shapes without resorting to "gimmicks"

not saying this is the best way, but if it's clever enough ...
Mine is for safety XD, Plus the metal wall repels at magnetic objects (tip of beyblades) and stops it from hitting the wall, unless hit really hard Pinching_eyes_2
Ugh I knew this would happen. Pretty much the exits of the beystadium have walls behind them, which are pulled up by string as the match progresses. So the exits turn into walls, get it?