Expermentation w/ Clear wheels

I was doing an exhibition match at a store today,and a guest asked me if it mattered which of the Clear Wheels was on which metal wheel.I told him he could switch them if he wanted,but I didn't really know if it made a difference.

Boy,was I wrong.

Let's take a look.

The two Beyblades in this equation are Storm Pegasis 100RF and Flame Sagittario C145S.Now,switching the Clear wheels seems to do nothing...at first.

The Bey with the Sagittario clear wheel seemed to have some added Force Smash,and the Bey with the Pegasis CW seemed to have a little more defense.

I can't really draw any conclusions from this,but I do have a hypothesis:While metal wheels are a good foundation,it takes a clear wheel to draw out their power in different ways.
I doubt this in many ways, clear wheels rarely made contact to create any visible differences. Besides clear wheels only differ slightly in weight and wind resistance anyway.
These are pretty vague findings, you didn't tell us how the win/loss ratio was affected, or spin time, or anything like that ...
Also how the hell does a clear wheel affect force smash when it's on top of the metal wheel
i'm expecting this to be an effect mostly from the clear wheels' weight difference
They'll affect the performance in many ways. Some metal wheels allow the clear wheel to contact the opponent. Also, their shape will affect their balance and aerodynamic efficiency.
(Jul. 26, 2009  5:27 AM)Aftermath Wrote: They'll affect the performance in many ways. Some metal wheels allow the clear wheel to contact the opponent. Also, their shape will affect their balance and aerodynamic efficiency.

so far, only lightning and ldrago combo provides chance for clear wheel to contact another blade (unless one is flying)

i was wondering whether or not to speak of the aerodynamics... its would seem rather complicated
(Jul. 26, 2009  8:34 PM)Zero328 Wrote: so far, only lightning and ldrago combo provides chance for clear wheel to contact another blade (unless one is flying)

What if one Beyblade is lower than the other? :\
i've put some to comparison, IF someone used a normal 145 track or possibly a DF145 (which i haven't got) then a 90F/WF/(probably)HF will have the roof of the wheel come in contact with another blade, but as far as I'm aware, that isn't really likely to happen seeing as noone uses the plain 145 in ranked battles and 90/100/105 is more often used with RF, which is higher than the other bottoms.

just for the record, probably nothing could get under an escolpio unless its escolpio 145RF, even then i'm not sure...

EDIT: i was using virgo with the 145 and rock leone with 90.

PS - i guess if either is tilted, its highly possibly that they'll still hit regardless to what I just said above
DF145 is very commonly used by Stamina combos.
90 is hard to lsy hands on tho, and if someone managed to get 90, they probs would have managed to get RF (for no particular reason, i myself havent bothered...).

It would also depend on how low the wheel, compared to escolpio which i mentioned (it seems to be the wheel that goes the lowest) and in fact all my other wheels asides from Quetz, Virgo doesn't go that low at all, if Libra, the most popular defensive wheel, is as think as pegasis (bb-01, not the clear wheel pegasis) then it should go a bit lower than virgo, but I expect Flame to be about the same as Virgo.

The same goes for the the wheel of the lower track blade, i tested rock and quetz. It the tall blade would not have got pass wheels like pegasis (I believe it should be the same story for Storm)

but as mentioned above, once tilted, none of this matters, I just looked again, it would seem wider looking wheels like Virgo can reach pass the WD145 and scrape the side of clear wheels on Rock
rock also leaves clear wheels the most exposed, so on low combos such as Rock Aquario100FS, the aquario clear wheel gets hit alot because rock doesnt cover the clear wheel that much at all...

but ive also found differences in combos just by switching the clear wheels around...

also... the aquario clear wheel enables Rock Aquario100FS to hold its ground much better when put up against LibraC145WB, and VirgoD125B. even tho rock has alot of recoil, when used with Aquario, its not affected as nearly as often or as much.

but when used with the Pegasis and Wolf Clear wheels, the recoils are much stronger and Rock Pegasis/Wolf100FS gets KOd often because of it.
100 vs. any 145, the 100's clear wheel can make contact, won't affect matchups much though. And quite a few people have 90, and tons have rf.
^no i know what ur saying, what im trying to get at is that the clear wheels brings out different attributes in the metal wheels, making them perform differently.
Oh that post wasn't directed towards you, you just happened to post while I was typing mine XD
If the difference between two copies of the same mold of the same part (Virgo Wheel) can lead to a one minute difference in spin time, I refuse to believe the impact of Clear Wheels is entirely negligible.
lol, never said it was negligible, only decided not to mention the aerodynamics + contact on my first post in this thread because i knew i didnt have much i could explain about it... the ridges on the top would affect not only the spin but the path the blade goes as far as i would guess, as for contact, i already said, since the blades tilt in the stadium, contact, regardless of what i saw when i was mucking around in my boredom, would be inevitable. it is easily foresee-able that clear wheels like aries, when hit on the sides, will have more effect than others like leone