Energy Layer - Winning Valkyrie

Quote:==Description==
Winning Valkyrie is an Attack Type Energy Layer, the center features a feathered, armored face facing forward, akin to its predecessor God Valkyrie, meant to represent the Layer's namesake; Odin's handmaidens of Norse mythology, albeit changed to match the anime's rendition; an armored knight. Like its predecessors, Winning Valkyrie features three large wings as the primary points of contact, granting the Layer high Knock-Out and Burst Attack Potential. As part of the Chou-Z Layer System, Winning Valkyrie features metal in its design; in this case, concentrated on the wings.

The placement of the metal improves Attack Potential by not only increasing weight but concentrating the weight to the area of impact. However, the wings of Winning Valkyrie are made at an obtuse angle, more so than its predecessors which hinders Attack Potential, though the metal placement can compensate. In addition to the Attack Potential, the placement of the metal also grants Winning Valkyrie high Outward-Weight-Distribution and thus high Stamina and movement speed.

The heavy weight of Winning Valkyrie and the obtuse angle of the wings grant Winning Valkyrie high Burst resistance which is further improved by the strong teeth of the Takara Tomy release.

Like other Chou-Z Layers, Winning Valkyrie can be improved with a Level Chip that fits underneath the Layer, improving it's balance and increasing it's weight(?)

==Overall==

Since the article skeleton is up, I'm not putting product lists

Obviously, don't believe anything about performance on this draft, we don't know anything about it yet

Edit: I might remove the "Special Prize" part
Honestly I’m starting to get how those obtuse wings on Valtryek V2, V3 and V4 seem to work. One of my opinions on the massive friction of the variable performance tip made by Valtryek V2 can be because of the intense downforce created by the wings themselves. The 2nd, 3rd and 4th gen burst Valtryeks have that feature that could massively change the way the performance tips work. For example, using a Valtryek V2 random forge disc Unite, it seems to stop Crux Boosting at a faster rate than normal, too fast because of the Downforce of Valtryek V2. That same thing could happen with Winning Valkyrie as well.

As for Winning Valkyrie, this DownForce inputted by Winning Valkryie’s Obtuse wings can rapidly increase how much force is being put down on itself, making it act as if it’s somewhat increased in weight and causing even more friction with the performance tip to the stadium floor.
Knowing this, it should make certain performance tips increase in traverse speed by avoiding skipping on the stadium and acting as if it was a gear rolling along a bigger gear piece. Combined with defense type performance tips, the weight and the downforce of Winning Valkyrie might prevent it from moving an inch when hit hard.

Knowing you, you’ve already known that, it’s just that no one’s really talked about Valkyrie’s downforce for a while.

I may also know that these wings have the opportunity to kick off walls at high speed in order to get to the opposing bey in the center or anywhere near.
(Apr. 04, 2018  1:55 PM)IronFace879 Wrote: Honestly I’m starting to get how those obtuse wings on Valtryek V2, V3 and V4 seem to work. One of my opinions on the massive friction of the variable performance tip made by Valtryek V2 can be because of the intense downforce created by the wings themselves. The 2nd, 3rd and 4th gen burst Valtryeks have that feature that could massively change the way the performance tips work. For example, using a Valtryek V2 random forge disc Unite, it seems to stop Crux Boosting at a faster rate than normal, too fast because of the Downforce of Valtryek V2. That same thing could happen with Winning Valkyrie as well.

As for Winning Valkyrie, this DownForce inputted by Winning Valkryie’s Obtuse wings can rapidly increase how much force is being put down on itself, making it act as if it’s somewhat increased in weight and causing even more friction with the performance tip to the stadium floor.
Knowing this, it should make certain performance tips increase in traverse speed by avoiding skipping on the stadium and acting as if it was a gear rolling along a bigger gear piece. Combined with defense type performance tips, the weight and the downforce of Winning Valkyrie might prevent it from moving an inch when hit hard.

Knowing you, you’ve already known that, it’s just that no one’s really talked about Valkyrie’s downforce for a while.

I may also know that these wings have the opportunity to kick off walls at high speed in order to get to the opposing bey in the center or anywhere near.

I don't think downforce has to do with anything about the Valkyrie line's performance. The only part that comes to mind that has any affect on performance due to downforce was w145 and that was only because of the sheer number and size of the blades which the Valkyrie line hardly compares to

I think the obtuse angle is meant to mitigate the recoil and prevent self bursts like what Legend Spriggan's left spin mode shows while also keeping acceptable Knock-Out and Burst attack potential
Sure the obtuse wings angle down and supposedly create an airflow that creates downforce, but the force of the airflow itself is minimal. Air current of that scale would barely do anything to affect performance, the bey itself is too heavy to be affected by it.
 Your observations may have been affected by the balance of your combos. Balance can affect performance a lot depending on the combo. 
Your statement on wV is quite... iffy. "Winning Valkryie’s Obtuse wings can rapidly increase how much force is being put down on itself, making it act as if it’s somewhat increased in weight". Well, it has metal on it and is double the weight of gV, so of course it's heavier and has more force pushing against the stadium.
(Mar. 17, 2018  5:22 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: ==Description==
Winning Valkyrie is an Attack Type Energy Layer, the center features a feathered, armored face facing forward, akin to its predecessor God Valkyrie, meant to represent the Layer's namesake; Odin's handmaidens of Norse mythology, albeit changed to match the anime's rendition; an armored knight. Like its predecessors, Winning Valkyrie features three large wings as the primary points of contact, granting the Layer high Knock-Out and Burst Attack Potential. As part of the Chou-Z Layer System, Winning Valkyrie features metal in its design; in this case, concentrated on the wings.

The inclusion of metal improves Attack Potential by increasing the weight of the Layer, granting higher inertia that increases both Knock-Out and Burst Attack as well as increasing the Layer's Burst resistance as the high inertia resists teeth skipping, a property that compliments the tall teeth of the Japanese release of Winning Valkyrie. The Layer's Attack potential is further improved as the metal is placed near the point of impact and the outward placement also creates high Stamina and movement speed on mobile Tips. Due to these factors and the shape of the blades, Winning Valkyrie performs well in Attack combinations. However, the wings of Winning Valkyrie are made at an obtuse angle, more so than its predecessors which severely hinders recoil.

Like many other Super-Z Layers, Winning Valkyrie is unbalanced which increases Burst risk, is liable to break Banking Patterns and drains Stamina. However, these issues can be solved with the use of a Level Chip that fits underneath the Layer(?)

==Overall==
While Winning Valkyrie is one of the heaviest Layers at the time of writing, the reduced recoil from the Layer's obtuse wings prevents it from becoming top-tier.

However, the recoil that it does have as well as the high Burst resistance from the heavy weight makes Winning Valkyrie a welcome addition to any blader's collection.

Again, don't think of this as accurate by any means. Not yet
(Apr. 04, 2018  10:21 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Again, don't think of this as accurate by any means. Not yet

Except for testing with wV, what else could improve the accuracy of this??
i'll buy a winning valkyrie and see how it does against any beys i have and then you'll have sufficient info to write about(P.S i don't have a lot of beyblades)
I think something I'd edit for this and other new parts is that the official Japanese-chosen English rendition of 超Z is "Cho-Z". B-107 says "Beyblade Cho-Z Battle Set", and so I think that should be considered the official spelling.

Chou-Z is more faithful to literal rendering of the pronounced characters (ちょう), but it looks like Takara-Tomy went with what is more visually appealing in English.
until i manage to buy one of these, i'd like to know how good it is for attack.  is it good enough to be commonly used? or will it be outclassed soon?

(Apr. 04, 2018  10:21 PM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Mar. 17, 2018  5:22 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: ==Description==

The inclusion of metal improves Attack Potential by increasing the weight of the Layer, granting higher inertia that increases both Knock-Out and Burst Attack as well as increasing the Layer's Burst resistance as the high inertia resists teeth skipping, a property that compliments the tall teeth of the Japanese release of Winning Valkyrie. The Layer's Attack potential is further improved as the metal is placed near the point of impact and the outward placement also creates high Stamina and movement speed on mobile Tips. Due to these factors and the shape of the blades, Winning Valkyrie performs well in Attack combinations. However, the wings of Winning Valkyrie are made at an obtuse angle, more so than its predecessors which severely hinders recoil.

Like many other Super-Z Layers, Winning Valkyrie is unbalanced which increases Burst risk, is liable to break Banking Patterns and drains Stamina. However, these issues can be solved with the use of a Level Chip that fits underneath the Layer(?)

==Overall==
While Winning Valkyrie is one of the heaviest Layers at the time of writing, the reduced recoil from the Layer's obtuse wings prevents it from becoming top-tier.

However, the recoil that it does have as well as the high Burst resistance from the heavy weight makes Winning Valkyrie a welcome addition to any blader's collection.

Again, don't think of this as accurate by any means. Not yet

by the way, the reason why TT decided to reduce the recoil is because if they follow the old valkyrie build pattern, then Winning valkyrie will break it's opponents thanks to the high recoil. so to counteract that, they brought it's wings down a bit
After messing around with my 3d printed level chip, Ive noticed that it improves wV's stamina, stabilty, and KO ability greatly. Idk if this helps/belongs in this thread
(May. 20, 2018  6:13 PM)K1D Wrote: After messing around with my 3d printed level chip, Ive noticed that it improves wV's stamina, stabilty, and KO ability greatly. Idk if this helps/belongs in this thread

Without an official Level Chip, I don't know if I can put that in.
(Apr. 04, 2018  10:21 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: ==Description==

The inclusion of metal makes Winning Valkyrie heavier than most God/Switch-Strike Layers and improves Attack Potential by increasing the weight of the Layer, granting higher inertia that increases both Knock-Out and Burst Attack as well as increasing the Layer's Burst resistance as the high inertia resists teeth skipping, a property that compliments the tall teeth of the Japanese release of Winning Valkyrie. Due to these factors and the shape of the blades, Winning Valkyrie performs well in Attack combinations. However, the wings of Winning Valkyrie are made at an obtuse angle, more so than its predecessors which severely hinders recoil.

==Overall==
While Winning Valkyrie is one of the heavier Layers at the time of writing, the reduced recoil from the Layer's obtuse wings prevents it from becoming top-tier.

Can someone do actual testing with a customized Winning Valkyrie? Is 0Bump Xtreme vs MGC Alter Chronos/Galaxy Zeus 0Cross Orbit too much to ask for?
(May. 24, 2018  4:09 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:

The inclusion of metal makes Winning Valkyrie heavier than most God/Switch-Strike Layers and improves Attack Potential by increasing the weight of the Layer, granting higher inertia that increases both Knock-Out and Burst Attack as well as increasing the Layer's Burst resistance as the high inertia resists teeth skipping, a property that compliments the tall teeth of the Japanese release of Winning Valkyrie. Due to these factors and the shape of the blades, Winning Valkyrie performs well in Attack combinations. However, the wings of Winning Valkyrie are made at an obtuse angle, more so than its predecessors which severely hinders recoil.

==Overall==
While Winning Valkyrie is one of the heavier Layers at the time of writing, the reduced recoil from the Layer's obtuse wings prevents it from becoming top-tier.

Can someone do actual testing with a customized Winning Valkyrie? Is 0Bump Xtreme vs MGC Alter Chronos/Galaxy Zeus 0Cross Orbit too much to ask for?

Yes it is (ノ>ω<)ノ
(May. 25, 2018  8:29 PM)Valkyriology Wrote:
(May. 24, 2018  4:09 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Can someone do actual testing with a customized Winning Valkyrie? Is 0Bump Xtreme vs MGC Alter Chronos/Galaxy Zeus 0Cross Orbit too much to ask for?

Yes it is (ノ>ω<)ノ

*savage*
Srsly tho me and my friend can make the wV combo. But not the other ones
(May. 24, 2018  4:09 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:

==Overall==

I can actually do this! I'll get back to you when I have a video up.
(May. 24, 2018  4:09 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: ==Description==

The inclusion of metal makes Winning Valkyrie heavier than most God/Switch-Strike Layers and improves Attack Potential by increasing the weight of the Layer, granting higher inertia that increases both Knock-Out and Burst Attack as well as increasing the Layer's Burst resistance as the high inertia resists teeth skipping, a property that compliments the tall teeth of the Japanese release of Winning Valkyrie. Due to these factors and the shape of the blades, Winning Valkyrie performs well in Attack combinations. However, the wings of Winning Valkyrie are made at an obtuse angle, more so than its predecessors which hinders recoil, though the weight of the Layer can compensate.

Like many other Super-Z Layers, Winning Valkyrie is unbalanced which increases Burst risk, is liable to break Banking Patterns and drains Stamina. However, these issues can be solved with the use of a Level Chip that fits underneath the Layer

==Use in Attack Combinations==
Winning Valkyrie can be put to use in the Attack Combination Winning Valkyrie 0/2/4/5/7 Bump/Meteor Xtreme/Jolt. The heavy weight of 0/2/4/5/7 Bump/Meteor and the high speed of Xtreme/Jolt bolsters Winning Valkyrie's Burst potential while the Layer's strong teeth and weight can compensate for the increased Burst risk. Furthermore, Xtreme/Jolt's high friction resists banking pattern loss from Winning Valkyrie's unbalanced nature.

==Overall==
Despite the obtuse angle of the wings, Winning Valkyrie's heavy weight and strong teeth make the Layer equal to Sieg Xcalibur and Z Achilles in Attack Combinations.

As such, if one cannot obtain Sieg Xcalibur or Z Achilles, Winning Valkyrie is a must have. However if one already does possess the aforementioned Layers, then Winning Valkyrie is a welcome addition instead.

@[FlyingWaffle] did testing for me with Winning Valkyrie, Z Achilles and Sieg Xcalibur on 0Bump Xtreme vs Alter Chronos 0Cross Atomic (Thank You Again). The results were the same for all of them (40-60 in Alter Chronos' favor)
I see a confusion. Two threads, two different meanings. Z achilles is a welcome addition if one already has winning Valkyrie or Sieg Xcalibur and Winning Valkyrie is a welcome addition if one already has Z Achilles or Sieg Xcalibur. I am in confusion right now like an endless loop.
(Jun. 01, 2018  4:56 PM)IronFace879 Wrote: I see a confusion. Two threads, two different meanings. Z achilles is a welcome addition if one already has winning Valkyrie or Sieg Xcalibur and Winning Valkyrie is a welcome addition if one already has Z Achilles or Sieg Xcalibur. I am in confusion right now like an endless loop.

If you have one of the three, you don't need the others
I am being told, that if I already possess one of the two metal layers, that other layer becomes a welcome addition? Oops, sorry didn’t see your comment there.
(Jun. 01, 2018  4:07 PM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(May. 24, 2018  4:09 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: ==Description==

The inclusion of metal makes Winning Valkyrie heavier than most God/Switch-Strike Layers and improves Attack Potential by increasing the weight of the Layer, granting higher inertia that increases both Knock-Out and Burst Attack as well as increasing the Layer's Burst resistance as the high inertia resists teeth skipping, a property that compliments the tall teeth of the Japanese release of Winning Valkyrie. Due to these factors and the shape of the blades, Winning Valkyrie performs well in Attack combinations. However, the wings of Winning Valkyrie are made at an obtuse angle, more so than its predecessors which hinders recoil, though the weight of the Layer can compensate.

Like many other Super-Z Layers, Winning Valkyrie is unbalanced which increases Burst risk, is liable to break Banking Patterns and drains Stamina. However, these issues can be solved with the use of a Level Chip that fits underneath the Layer

==Use in Attack Combinations==
Winning Valkyrie can be put to use in the Attack Combination Winning Valkyrie 0/2/4/5/7 Bump/Meteor Xtreme/Jolt. The heavy weight of 0/2/4/5/7 Bump/Meteor and the high speed of Xtreme/Jolt bolsters Winning Valkyrie's Burst potential while the Layer's strong teeth and weight can compensate for the increased Burst risk. Furthermore, Xtreme/Jolt's high friction resists banking pattern loss from Winning Valkyrie's unbalanced nature.

==Overall==
Despite the obtuse angle of the wings, Winning Valkyrie's heavy weight and strong teeth make the Layer equal to Sieg Xcalibur and Z Achilles in Attack Combinations.

As such, if one cannot obtain Sieg Xcalibur or Z Achilles, Winning Valkyrie is a must have. However if one already does possess the aforementioned Layers, then Winning Valkyrie is a welcome addition instead.

@[FlyingWaffle] did testing for me with Winning Valkyrie, Z Achilles and Sieg Xcalibur on 0Bump Xtreme vs Alter Chronos 0Cross Atomic (Thank You Again). The results were the same for all of them (40-60 in Alter Chronos' favor)
Would you or would you not suggest using Wv.0.Ds
(Jun. 01, 2018  5:53 PM)Crimson Chin Wrote:
(Jun. 01, 2018  4:07 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: @[FlyingWaffle] did testing for me with Winning Valkyrie, Z Achilles and Sieg Xcalibur on 0Bump Xtreme vs Alter Chronos 0Cross Atomic (Thank You Again). The results were the same for all of them (40-60 in Alter Chronos' favor)

I think that combo's fine
(Jun. 01, 2018  5:54 PM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Jun. 01, 2018  5:53 PM)Crimson Chin Wrote: Would you or would you not suggest using Wv.0.Ds

I think that combo's fine
Yeah, that's a great combo but, could be better with 7 and maybe some frame...
(Jun. 01, 2018  6:19 PM)ThePheonix Wrote:
(Jun. 01, 2018  5:54 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: I think that combo's fine

Like meteor
(Jun. 01, 2018  6:19 PM)ThePheonix Wrote:
(Jun. 01, 2018  5:54 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: I think that combo's fine

wV 7 Star/Meteor Destroy/Xtreme/Jolt/Trans
(Jun. 01, 2018  5:53 PM)Crimson Chin Wrote:
(Jun. 01, 2018  4:07 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: @[FlyingWaffle] did testing for me with Winning Valkyrie, Z Achilles and Sieg Xcalibur on 0Bump Xtreme vs Alter Chronos 0Cross Atomic (Thank You Again). The results were the same for all of them (40-60 in Alter Chronos' favor)

Theoretically a good combo, but for some reason I've personally had trouble with Wv and Destroy. Not sure why, but Wv just doesn't seem to perform as well with Destroy as sX zA. Though I think overall Wv has had slightly better performance with other tips (not really enough to matter, honestly). People have been saying that 7 might be better than 0, but honestly it depends on what you're against.