Energy Layer- Valtryek/Valkyrie

Valtryek is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System and the Basic Layer System. It debuted in the DX starter B-01 Valkyrie Wing Accel and has been released multiple times since then. It is the first energy layer ever released.

==Description==
*Weight:

The Valtryek Energy Layer features a tri-wing design, with each wing sporting a set of two protruding contact points; a larger contact point for a heavy attack, and a smaller kite-shaped contact point for a smaller unexpected attack. The Valtryek Energy Layer is modelled after Odin's handmaidens from Norse mythology, known as Valkyries, and the wheel features a design to reflect this. The center of the wheel is designed after the Valkyries' helmet, with feathers protruding off of the helmet, and a V-shape between them.

The amazing teeth (on Valkyrie, the original release) and the extremely aggressive shape, make it one of the best, if not the best, energy layers for burst attack and burst defense in the metagame. The extremely tall teeth on Valtryek help it to provide burst finishes while avoiding its own recoil. These same teeth also suffer from severe wear issues. The teeth are not wider like dual layer teeth so they wear faster. This makes Valtryek only useful for a short amount of battles. It is still one of the most useful energy layers, however.

==Overall==
Because of Valtryek's aggressive contact points and strong teeth, it is one of the best energy layers in the metagame at the moment. But, due to the severe teeth wear, '''every blader should own multiple of these layers'''

==Products==

==Takara Tomy==
  • B-01 Valkyrie Wing Accel (Blue)
  • B-08 Valkyrie Wing Accel (Start Dash Set) (Translucent Blue)
  • B-13 Valkyrie Spread Survive (Red)
  • Valkyrie Wing Accel (Black Knight Ver.) (Black)
  • B-15 05 Valkyrie Central Fusion (Random Booster Vol. 1) (Purple)
  • B-18 Valkyrie Wing Accel (Vs. Play Set) (Red)
  • BG-01 Random Layer Collection Vol. 1 (White)
  • B-24 08 Valkyrie Oval Needle (Random Booster Vol. 2) (Yellow)
  • CoroCoro Limited Burst Layer (Gold)
  • Valkyrie Platina Ver. (Clear White)
==Hasbro==
Single Top Pack Valtryek Spread Survive
Dual Pack Valtryek Wing Accel
i guess i just wasted my time on this. there wasnt one on the WBO but its on beyblade wiki
but i honestly think the one on the wiki needs an update. nothing about teeth wear
copied and pasted from beywiki for some
Definitely, you elaborated from the current stub on Beywiki quite well. I just do not see why only the Overall section mentions the great triangular shape and how effective it is at bursting opponents hahah.
I just added one little part about it. if it needs more let me know
Anybody know the weight?
(Jan. 14, 2017  5:58 AM)Jimmyjazz39 Wrote: Valtryek is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System and the Basic Layer System. It debuted in the DX starter B-01 Valkyrie Wing Accel. 

==Description==

The Valtryek Energy Layer features a tri-wing design, with each wing sporting a set of two protruding contact points; a larger contact point and a smaller kite-shaped contact point. The centre of the Energy Layer depicts a Valkyries' helmet, with feathers protruding off of the helmet, and a V-shape between them. Odin's handmaidens from Norse mythology are known as Valkyries, and the Energy layer features a design to reflect this. 
Due to its aggressive shape Valtryek was one of the best layers for Attack Customization, excelling in burst attack while also having moderate KO attack. The Takara-Tomy of Valtryek features four teeth of tall length which allow it to withstand its own recoil. But with the release of the new God layer system, Valtryek is too light to be used competitively as it cannot compete with the new heavier layers such as Alter Chronus and Drain Fafnir.
==Overall==
Overall, Valtryek was one of the best Energy layers for Attack Customization. However with the release of God layer System, it is too light to be used competitively and should only be bought for collection purposes.

==Differences in the Hasbro version==
The Hasbro release of Valtryek features strong slopes which allow it to withstand its own recoil. However, due to mold variations some Valtryek layers provide a weak fit and are considerably easy to burst. Despite this, Valtryek is one of the best layers for Attack Customizations in Hasbro-only format but is overshadowed by layers like Xcalius and Roktavor, this combined with the mold variations of this layers makes it a welcome addition to a blader's collection rather than a must-have.
==Use in KO Attack Customization==
A good mould of Valtryek can be used in KO Attack set-up Valtryek Heavy/Gravity/Knuckle/Down Variable/Extreme. Although Extreme and Variable are preffered for layers excelling in KO attack like Xcalius,their high speed can provide powerful hits which combined with the aggressive shape of Valtryek can burst the opponent.The high speed of Variable/Extreme also increase the chances of an Over finish.While using a heavier disk like Heavy/Gravity might provide powerful hits,using a lighter disk like Down/Knuckle can reduce the risks of self bursting.
==Use in Mixed Attack Customization==
A good mould of Valtryek can be used in Mixed Attack set-up Valtryek Heavy/Gravity/Knuckle/Spread Accel/Zephyr. .Although this combo may not posses the same knock-out potential and high speed as Extreme/Variable variants,it is easier to control and the higher stamina of Accel/Zephyr provides more hits,increasing the chances of burst finish or outspin if it fails to KO the opponent.
==Use in Stationary Burst Attack Customization==
Due to having excellent Burst Attack,thanks to its aggressive shape Vatryek can be used on stationary attack set-up Valtryek Heavy/Down/Knuckle/Spread/Gravity Survive/Press/Defense/Needle.This combo can burst opponents as consistently as Accel/Zephyr/Extreme/Variable variants while having less chances of self-KOing than Accel/Zephyr/Extreme/Variable variants.
==Products List==
==Takara Tomy==
==Trivia==
-It is the first energy layer ever released.
-The teeth of Takara-Tomy release of Valtryek are extremely prone to wearing. The teeth become weak as the wear causing they layer to self burst alot.
updated the draft
add a differences in hasbro version? The slope system removes the wear problem and sense the evolution system hasn't released yet it still has some use.
(Nov. 17, 2017  2:10 PM)MWF Wrote: add a differences in hasbro version? The slope system removes the wear problem and sense the evolution system hasn't released yet it still has some use.

I need info about that when. I gather that i will make it
(Nov. 17, 2017  2:12 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Nov. 17, 2017  2:10 PM)MWF Wrote: add a differences in hasbro version? The slope system removes the wear problem and sense the evolution system hasn't released yet it still has some use.

I need info about that when. I gather that i will make it

ok. hasbro's valtryek is good but is affected by mold variation. It is a good layer for KO attack but my v layer is loose and is the second worse attack layer I have burst resistance wise only ahead of neptstrius. 

if anyone can state how tight their valtrek layer is so we can confirm if it is mold variation.

if that is the case then it would be good to add "due to hasbro's mold variation problem burst resistance may vary. This layer is a good addition to a blader's collection though multiple copies may be encouraged if your copy is loose."
(Nov. 17, 2017  3:04 PM)MWF Wrote:
(Nov. 17, 2017  2:12 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: I need info about that when. I gather that i will make it

ok. hasbro's valtryek is good but is affected by mold variation. It is a good layer for KO attack but my v layer is loose and is the second worse attack layer I have burst resistance wise only ahead of neptstrius. 

if anyone can state how tight their valtrek layer is so we can confirm if it is mold variation.

if that is the case then it would be good to add "due to hasbro's mold variation problem burst resistance may vary. This layer is a good addition to a blader's collection though multiple copies may be encouraged if your copy is loose."
Exactly. I wanna know how tight the best valtryek is and does the tightest one withstand its own recoil. And also i gotta check which products have bad moulds of V and which one have good ones
(Nov. 17, 2017  3:26 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Nov. 17, 2017  3:04 PM)MWF Wrote: ok. hasbro's valtryek is good but is affected by mold variation. It is a good layer for KO attack but my v layer is loose and is the second worse attack layer I have burst resistance wise only ahead of neptstrius. 

Exactly. I wanna know how tight the best valtryek is and does the tightest one withstand its own recoil. And also i gotta check which products have bad moulds of V and which one have good ones

This is the problem with hasbro layers and drivers. with layers they are either good or lose depending on the mold. lets use S2, the S2 I got from the epic rivals set thing bursted too often for use in strong attack combos while the S2 from the ripfire s2 set was slightly tighter allowing for the layers power to be used.

drivers on the other hand benefit from mold variations. they are either good or tight. for example I have two needle drivers and on xcalius one is normal and wouldn't be useful on an attack layer. the other one well, can be compared to the burst resistance of mG on an A mold god chip.

so to summarize, when it comes to hasbro layers and drivers multiple copies are encouraged if your copy is loose or average in tightness.

added  hasbro section
(Nov. 17, 2017  3:44 PM)MWF Wrote:
(Nov. 17, 2017  3:26 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: Exactly. I wanna know how tight the best valtryek is and does the tightest one withstand its own recoil. And also i gotta check which products have bad moulds of V and which one have good ones

This is the problem with hasbro layers and drivers. with layers they are either good or lose depending on the mold. lets use S2, the S2 I got from the epic rivals set thing bursted too often for use in strong attack combos while the S2 from the ripfire s2 set was slightly tighter allowing for the layers power to be used.

drivers on the other hand benefit from mold variations. they are either good or tight. for example I have two needle drivers and on xcalius one is normal and wouldn't be useful on an attack layer. the other one well, can be compared to the burst resistance of mG on an A mold god chip.

so to summarize, when it comes to hasbro layers and drivers multiple copies are encouraged if your copy is loose or average in tightness.

That doesn' bode well... Not really fair as someone could end up exceedingly too hard to burst..
(Nov. 19, 2017  4:06 PM)Bersilus Wrote:
(Nov. 17, 2017  3:44 PM)MWF Wrote: This is the problem with hasbro layers and drivers. with layers they are either good or lose depending on the mold. lets use S2, the S2 I got from the epic rivals set thing bursted too often for use in strong attack combos while the S2 from the ripfire s2 set was slightly tighter allowing for the layers power to be used.

That doesn' bode well... Not really fair as someone could end up exceedingly too hard to burst..

From what I found mold variation effects defense type drivers the most. And only few layers benefit. For example a great mold of needle only reaches mG a mold tightness on xscalius from what I found. It is tight on U2 but still has a burst risk and it gives a weak mold of D2 about normal mold resistance.
bump
(Nov. 17, 2017  9:54 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: Valtryek is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System and the Basic Layer System. It debuted in the DX starter B-01 Valkyrie Wing Accel. 

==Description==
The Valtryek Energy Layer features a tri-wing design, with each wing sporting a set of two protruding contact points; a larger contact point and a smaller kite-shaped contact point. The centre of the Energy Layer depicts an armored face, with feathers protruding off of the helmet, and a V-shape between them to represent this Layer's Japanese namesake, Odin's handmaidens from Norse mythology known as Valkyries.

Due to its aggressive shape and the angles of the points of contact, Valtryek was one of the best layers for Attack Customization, excelling in both Burst and Knock-Out Attack. The Takara-Tomy release of Valkyrie features four teeth of tall length which allow it to withstand its own recoil, however, like other pre-Xcalibur Layers, the teeth of Valkyrie wear down with use and the Layer must be replaced with heavy use.

==Use in Attack Combinations==
Valkyrie can be put to use in the Attack Combination Valkyrie Heavy/Gravity Xtreme. Valkyrie's strong Burst and Knock-Out Attack potential is bolstered by Heavy/Gravity's weight and Xtreme's speed while Gravity's greater Outward-Weight-Distribution increases the speed of Xtreme. Valkyrie's unworn teeth are capable of withstanding the increased Burst risk of heavy Discs and high friction Tips.

==Overall==
Overall, Valkyrie was one of the best Energy layers for Attack Combinations and remained as the best Attack Layer until the release of the Switch-Strike/God Layer System where it then became too light to remain competitive.

As such, Valkyrie is now recommended for collection purposes only.

==Differences in the Hasbro version==
The Hasbro release of Valtryek is visually unchanged from its Takara Tomy counterpart, however the slopes of Valtryek are weaker than a mint Valkyrie's teeth, instead creating a performance akin to a moderately worn Valkyrie. As such, Valtyrek is outclassed by, though still comparable to, Roktavor and Xcalius. However, with the release of the Switch-Strike/God Layer System, this Layer is too light to remain competitive.

As such, Valtryek is recommended for collection purposes only.

==Products List==
==Takara Tomy==
==Trivia==

Removed the padding. Since Valkyrie is heavily outclassed at this point, I don't think recommended combos are needed anymore