Energy Layer- Valtryek V2/Victory Valkyrie

Valtryek V2 is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System and the Dual Layer System. It debuted in the starter B-34 Victory Valkyrie Boost Variable and has been released multiple times since then. It is the second Dual Layer released.

==Description==

*Weight:?

Like it's predecessor Valtryek, Valtryek V2 has three wings which act as the major contact points and make this layer a great choice for attack customizations. The wings make Valtryek V2 excel at giving Over Finishes than Valtryek but the Layer falls behind its predecessor at giving Burst Finishes. Unlike Valtryek, Valtryek V2's teeth have less problems with wear due to them having greater width. The teeth are also very tall which allows the Layer to withstand its own recoil and avoid Burst Finishes making it a top-tier attack Layer. While it is still considered a top-tier layer, it is all around less effective than Valtryek and Xcalius.  

There are three mold variations Valtryek V2, the first mold had completely hollow wings which made it very fragile and prone to breaking, the second mold has added bars within the wings for reinforcement and the third mold adds a reinforced center ring along with the aforementioned bars within the wings. However despite these reinforcements the layer continues to suffer cases of breaks, it is advised to find a third generation mold and use caution when launching.

==Overall==
With Victory Valtryek's strong teeth and aggressive shape, this layer has become top-tier for attack customizations. Due to this layer being incredibly common, having multiple mold variations and having a history of breaks every blader should own several of these layers.

==Products==

===Takara Tomy===
B-34 Victory Valkyrie Boost Variable (Blue)
Victory Valkyrie Boost Variable (Fire Knight Ver.) (Red)
B-38 Victory Valkyrie Boost Variable (Beyblade Entry Set) (Translucent Dark Blue)
Victory Valkyrie Boost Variable (Kirin Green Ver.) (Green)
Victory Valkyrie Boost Variable (Tournament Prizes) (Gold, Silver, Bronze)
BG-03 Random Layer Collection Vol. 3 (Yellow)
Victory Valkyrie Boost Variable (Television Quiz Exclusive) (Black)
B-49 05 Victory Valkyrie Limited Unite (Random Booster Vol. 3) (Blood Red)
B-57 Victory Valkyrie Upper Quake (Triple Booster Set) (Black)
Victory Valkyrie (WBBA Toys R Us Anniversary Layer) (Charcoal Gray)
B-64 Victory Valkyrie Triple Unite (Beyblade Super Custom Set Heavy Ver.) (Translucent Purple)

==Hasbro==
Starter Valtryek V2
Valtryek V2 (Epic Rivals Set)
(Dec. 27, 2016  4:51 AM)Jimmyjazz39 Wrote: Valtryek V2 is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System and the Dual Layer System. It debuted in the starter B-34 Victory Valkyrie Boost Variable and has been released multiple times since then. It is the second Dual Layer released.

==Description==

Like it's predecessor Valtryek, Valtryek V2 has three wings which act as the major contact points and make this layer a great choice for attack customizations. The wings make Valtryek V2 excel at giving Over Finishes than Valtryek but the Layer falls behind its predecessor at giving Burst Finishes. Unlike Valtryek, Valtryek V2's teeth have less problems with wear due to them having greater width. The teeth are also very tall which allows the Layer to withstand its own recoil and avoid Burst Finishes making it a top-tier attack Layer.

There are three mold variations Valtryek V2, the first mold had completely hollow wings which made it very fragile and prone to breaking, the second mold has added bars within the wings for reinforcement and the third mold adds a reinforced center ring along with the aforementioned bars within the wings. However despite these reinforcements the layer continues to suffer cases of breaks, it is advised to find a third generation mold and use caution when launching.

==Overall==
With Victory Valtryek's strong teeth and aggressive shape, this layer has become top-tier for attack customizations. Due to this layer being incredibly common, having multiple mold variations and having a history of breaks every blader should own several of these layers.

==Products==

===Takara Tomy===
B-38 Victory Valkyrie Boost Variable (Beyblade Entry Set) (Translucent Dark Blue)
B-64 Victory Valkyrie Triple Unite (Beyblade Super Custom Set Heavy Ver.) (Translucent Purple)
I made some grammatical changes and added some more information about the mold variations. Tell me what you think
I just want to add the B-38 is not translucent. I own both and they are both solid colored, the B-38 one is just darker.
(Dec. 27, 2016  9:13 AM)ToxicAtom Wrote: I just want to add the B-38 is not translucent. I own both and they are both solid colored, the B-38 one is just darker.

i copied and pasted that so i honestly i had no idea
(Dec. 27, 2016  8:05 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: I made some grammatical changes and added some more information about the mold variations. Tell me what you think

thank you it looks so much better
I just think that while Victory Valkyrie is technically top-tier, it is also a lot less effective than Valkyrie, hence why so few people even consider it over Valkyrie and Xcalibur for tournaments. It is not even a case of Kaiser Kerbeus versus Wyvern: Victory Valkyrie simply is not reliable most of the time. Something should be noted in that regard.
hows it look now?
(Dec. 27, 2016  4:51 AM)Jimmyjazz39 Wrote: Valtryek V2 is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System and the Dual Layer System. It debuted in the starter B-34 Victory Valkyrie Boost Variable and has been released multiple times since then. It is the second Dual Layer released.

==Description==

Like it's predecessor Valtryek, Valtryek V2 has three wings which act as the major contact points and make this layer a great choice for attack customizations. The wings make Valtryek V2 excel at giving Over Finishes but the Layer falls behind its predecessor Valtryek at giving Burst Finishes. Unlike Valtryek, Valtryek V2's teeth have less problems with wear due to them having greater width. The teeth are also very tall which allows the Layer to withstand its own recoil and avoid Burst Finishes making it a top-tier attack Layer. While it is still considered a top-tier layer, it is all around less effective than Valtryek and Xcalius.  

There are three mold variations of Valtryek V2, the first mold had completely hollow wings which made it very fragile and prone to breaking, the second mold has added bars within the wings for reinforcement and the third mold adds a reinforced center ring along with the aforementioned bars within the wings. However despite these reinforcements the layer continues to suffer cases of breaks, it is advised to find a third generation mold and use caution when launching.

==Overall==
With Victory Valtryek's strong teeth and aggressive shape, this layer has become top-tier for attack customizations and is a great alternative to Valtryek and Xcalius if the latter two are not available. Due to this layer being incredibly common, having multiple mold variations and having a history of breaks every blader should own several of these layers.

==Products==

===Takara Tomy===

==Hasbro==
Starter Valtryek V2
Some more grammatical fixes, the mistakes I found were all ones I made previously. My bad!

Alao added a little bit more to the Overall.

We really need to find the weights of all the mold variations, the reinforcements would make the later generations heavier and more effective.
Quote:Valtryek V2 is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System and the Dual Layer System. It debuted in the starter B-34 Victory Valkyrie Boost Variable and has been released multiple times since then. It is the second Dual Layer released.

==Description==

*Weight: 8.9 grams

Like its predecessor Valtryek, Valtryek V2 has three upward slanted wings which act as the major contact points and make this layer a great choice for attack customizations. The wings make Valtryek V2 excel at knocking out opponents but the Layer falls behind its predecessor Valtryek at giving Burst Finishes. Unlike Valkyrie in the Japanese release, Valtryek V2 (Victory Valkyrie, the original release)'s teeth have no problem with wear due to them having greater width, following the model introduced with Xcalibur. The teeth are also very tall which allows the Layer to withstand its own recoil and avoid Burst Finishes making it a top-tier attack Layer. While it is still considered a top-tier Energy Layer, it is all around less effective than Valtryek and Xcalius, since KOs are rarer in the Burst metagame and that Valtryek V2 is unreliable in tournaments.  

There are three minor mold variations of Valtryek V2: the first mold had completely hollow wings which made it very fragile and prone to breaking; the second mold, introduced with the Rich Green Version, has added bars within the wings for reinforcement; the third mold consists of a reinforced center ring along with the aforementioned bars within the wings. However, despite these reinforcements, this Dual Layer continues to suffer cases of breaks. It is advised to find a third generation mold and use caution when launching.

==Overall==
With Victory Valtryek's strong teeth and aggressive shape, this Energy Layer has become top-tier for attack customizations and is a great alternative to Valtryek and Xcalius if the latter two are not available. Due to this part being incredibly common, having multiple mold variations and having a history of breaks, '''every blader should own several of these layers'''.

==Products==

===Takara Tomy===
B-34 Victory Valkyrie Boost Variable (Blue)
Victory Valkyrie Boost Variable (Fire Knight Ver.) (Red)
B-38 Victory Valkyrie Boost Variable (Beyblade Entry Set) (Translucent Dark Blue)
Victory Valkyrie Boost Variable (Kirin Rich Green Ver.) (Green)
Victory Valkyrie Boost Variable (Tournament Prizes) (Gold, Silver, Bronze)
Victory Valkyrie Boost Variable (Television Quiz Exclusive) (Black)
B-49 05 Victory Valkyrie Limited Unite (Random Booster Vol. 3) (Blood Red)
B-57 Victory Valkyrie Upper Quake (Triple Booster Set) (Black)
Victory Valkyrie (WBBA Toys R Us Anniversary Layer) (Charcoal Gray)
B-64 Victory Valkyrie Triple Unite (Beyblade Super Custom Set Heavy Ver.) (Translucent Purple)

==Hasbro==
Starter Valtryek V2

I made several corrections, both in terms of grammar and in terms of content. Let me know what you think, but otherwise this could be ready for publication. 

The section about the teeth really made me uncomfortable, because Valtryek and Valtryek V2 have no teeth... Valkyrie and Victory Valkyrie do.
(Jan. 01, 2017  6:46 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I made several corrections, both in terms of grammar and in terms of content. Let me know what you think, but otherwise this could be ready for publication. 

The section about the teeth really made me uncomfortable, because Valtryek and Valtryek V2 have no teeth... Valkyrie and Victory Valkyrie do.

it looks great and i see your point about the teeth. i will try to make my next draft better. im not very good at writing these lol
(Dec. 27, 2016  8:05 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:

==Description==

Like it's predecessor Valtryek, Valtryek V2 has three wings which act as the major contact points and make this layer a great choice for attack customizations. The wings make Valtryek V2 excel at giving Over Finishes than Valtryek but the Layer falls behind its predecessor at giving Burst Finishes. Unlike Valtryek, Valtryek V2's teeth have less problems with wear due to them having greater width. The teeth are also very tall which allows the Layer to withstand its own recoil and avoid Burst Finishes making it a top-tier attack Layer.

==Overall==
With Victory Valtryek's strong teeth and aggressive shape, this layer has become top-tier for attack customizations. Due to this layer being incredibly common, having multiple mold variations and having a history of breaks every blader should own several of these layers.

==Products==

===Takara Tomy===
I made some grammatical changes and added some more information about the mold variations. Tell me what you think

Another thing that I just realized, the hasbro layer has a fifth burst meter that goes past the traditional lantern patterned burst system. It also breaks less often due to different materials.
(Jan. 01, 2017  6:46 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
Quote:Valtryek V2 is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System and the Dual Layer System. It debuted in the starter B-34 Victory Valkyrie Boost Variable and has been released multiple times since then. It is the second Dual Layer released.

==Description==

*Weight: 8.9 grams

Like its predecessor Valtryek, Valtryek V2 has three upward slanted wings which act as the major contact points and make this layer a great choice for attack customizations. The wings make Valtryek V2 excel at knocking out opponents but the Layer falls behind its predecessor Valtryek at giving Burst Finishes. Unlike Valkyrie in the Japanese release, Valtryek V2 (Victory Valkyrie, the original release)'s teeth have no problem with wear due to them having greater width, following the model introduced with Xcalibur. The teeth are also very tall which allows the Layer to withstand its own recoil and avoid Burst Finishes making it a top-tier attack Layer. While it is still considered a top-tier Energy Layer, it is all around less effective than Valtryek and Xcalius, since KOs are rarer in the Burst metagame and that Valtryek V2 is unreliable in tournaments.  

There are three minor mold variations of Valtryek V2: the first mold had completely hollow wings which made it very fragile and prone to breaking; the second mold, introduced with the Rich Green Version, has added bars within the wings for reinforcement; the third mold consists of a reinforced center ring along with the aforementioned bars within the wings. However, despite these reinforcements, this Dual Layer continues to suffer cases of breaks. It is advised to find a third generation mold and to be prepared to replace it.

==Overall==
With Victory Valtryek's strong teeth and aggressive shape, this Energy Layer has become top-tier for attack customizations and is a great alternative to Valtryek and Xcalius if the latter two are not available. Due to this part being incredibly common, having multiple mold variations and having a history of breaks, '''every blader should own several of these layers'''.

==Differences in the Hasbro Version==
In the Hasbro release of Valtryek V2, there are two primary differences.
The first is that the three wings are shaped somewhat differently. Unlike the Takara Tomy version, where the contact points of the wings are straight at an obtuse angle, the wings of the Hasbro version curve inwards to create a hook like shape and the angle is steeper. This means that the point of contact is better shaped for Smash Attack as the point of contact is smaller at the end of the hook and the force of impact is less likely to be deflected.
The second is the plastic used. While the Hasbro version has completely hollow wings and no center reinforcement like the Takara Tomy version, the plastic used in the Hasbro version is softer, making it much more durable.

Overall, the well shaped contact points of Valtryek V2 make it a top-tier Energy Layer for attack customizations, while still outclassed by Energy Layers such as Roktavor, it makes an excellent alternative. Thus, this layer is a must have for competitive bladers.

==Products==

===Takara Tomy===
B-34 Victory Valkyrie Boost Variable (Blue)
Victory Valkyrie Boost Variable (Fire Knight Ver.) (Red)
B-38 Victory Valkyrie Boost Variable (Beyblade Entry Set) (Translucent Dark Blue)
Victory Valkyrie Boost Variable (Kirin Rich Green Ver.) (Green)
Victory Valkyrie Boost Variable (Tournament Prizes) (Gold, Silver, Bronze)
Victory Valkyrie Boost Variable (Television Quiz Exclusive) (Black)
B-49 05 Victory Valkyrie Limited Unite (Random Booster Vol. 3) (Blood Red)
B-57 Victory Valkyrie Upper Quake (Triple Booster Set) (Black)
Victory Valkyrie (WBBA Toys R Us Anniversary Layer) (Charcoal Gray)
B-64 Victory Valkyrie Triple Unite (Beyblade Super Custom Set Heavy Ver.) (Translucent Purple)

==Hasbro==
Starter Valtryek V2

Added a Hasbro section and changed "launch with caution" to "be prepared to replace it"
(May. 12, 2017  3:19 PM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Jan. 01, 2017  6:46 AM)Kai-V Wrote: There are three minor mold variations of Valtryek V2: the first mold had completely hollow wings which made it very fragile and prone to breaking; the second mold, introduced with the Rich Green Version, has added bars within the wings for reinforcement. However, despite these reinforcements, this Dual Layer continued to suffer cases of breaks. The third, most current mold, introduced in the B-64 Beyblade Super Remodeling Set Heavy Ver., also includes a reinforced center ring along with the aforementioned bars within the wings, which not only addresses most of the breakage issues but also causes the part to weigh about half a gram more than its first mold variation. It is advised to find a third generation mold because of this increased weight and durability, though the first and second versions will suffice if one is prepared to replace them.

==Overall==

The first is that the three wings are shaped somewhat differently. Unlike the Takara Tomy version, where the contact points of the wings are straight at an obtuse angle, the wings of the Hasbro version curve inwards to create a hook like shape and the angle is steeper. This change in shape means the Hasbro version of Energy Layer enjoys an increase in Burst Attack, as the point of contact is more likely to catch the protrusions of opposing Energy Layers.
The second is the plastic used. While the Hasbro version has completely hollow wings like the Takara Tomy first mold, it features the center reinforcement ring of the Takara Tomy third mold, and the plastic used is softer, making it much more durable.

Added a Hasbro section and changed "launch with caution" to "be prepared to replace it"

Changed a few things about the mold variations, IIRC there's only ever been one recorded mold 3 break since the set was released. Also, the Hasbro version does have the center ring that the TT mold 3 does, unless you meant something else by "center reinforcement".

I also changed some of the things about the Hasbro version - as far as I know, none of the Layers in Burst so far are actually capable of Smash Attack (except for maybe L2, but I'm doubtful), so that should probably be removed. However, the recessed edges of the Hasbro V2 do cause it to burst opponents more often than the TT version, at least in my experience. I've also found it to be a lot slower and lose speed more quickly than the TT V2, but that might just be because I've only been able to use it on Variable and not Xtreme.
add some combos like V2 K/H/G/  X/A/Z for TT and V2 H/K/G/T    V/X/A/Z. also V2 weighs 9 g
So which is the most resistant Hasbro version?
(May. 12, 2017  3:19 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Valtryek V2, known in Japan as Victory Valkyrie, is an Energy layer released as part of the Burst System.

==Description==
Like its predecessor Valtryek, Valtryek V2 has three upward slanted wings that excel at knocking out opponents but the Layer falls behind its predecessor Valtryek at giving Burst Finishes. Unlike the Japanese Valkyrie's teeth, the teeth of Victory Valkyrie have no problem with wear due to them having greater width, following the model introduced with Xcalibur. The teeth are also very tall which allows the Layer to withstand its own recoil and avoid Burst Finishes which made this Layer an excellent choice for Attack combinations.

There are three minor mold variations of Victory Valkyrie: the first mold had completely hollow wings which made it very fragile and prone to breaking; the second mold, introduced with the Rich Green Version, has added bars within the wings for reinforcement. However, despite these reinforcements, this Layer continued to suffer cases of breaks. The third, most recent mold, introduced in the B-64 Beyblade Super Remodeling Set Heavy Ver., includes a reinforced center ring along with the aforementioned bars within the wings, which not only addresses most of the breakage issues but also causes the part to weigh about half a gram more than its first mold variation. It is advised to find a third generation mold because of this increased weight and durability, though the first and second versions will suffice if one is prepared to replace them.

==Overall==
With Victory Valkyrie's strong teeth and aggressive shape, this Energy Layer was once a top tier part for Attack combinations and made a great alternative to Valkyrie and Xcalibur if they were not available. However, with the release of the Switch-Strike/God Layer System, Victory Valkyrie is simply too light to remain competitive in the current metagame. As such, Victory Valkyrie is now recommended for collection purposes only.

The first is that the three wings are shaped somewhat differently. Unlike the Takara Tomy version, where the contact points of the wings are straight at an obtuse angle, the wings of the Hasbro version curve inwards to create a hook like shape and the angle is steeper. This change in shape means the Hasbro version of Energy Layer enjoys an increase in Burst Attack, as the point of contact is more likely to catch the protrusions of opposing Energy Layers.
The second is the plastic used. While the Hasbro version has completely hollow wings like the Takara Tomy first mold, it features the center reinforcement ring of the Takara Tomy third mold, and the plastic used is softer, making it much more durable.

Overall, the well shaped contact points of Valtryek V2 made it a top tier Energy Layer for Attack combinations if Layers such as Roktavor were unavailable. However, with the release of the Hasbro Switch-Strike Layers, Valtryek V2 has become too light to remain competitive in the current metagame. As such Valtryek V2 is also recommended for collection purposes only.

Made some edits. With the Hasbro Legend Spriggan out, a lot of old Layers are gonna be outclassed (seriously, that thing doesn't even have slopes, it's 180 degrees flat)