Energy Layer: Spryzen S2/Storm Spriggan

Spryzen S2, known in Japan as Storm Spriggan, is an Energy Layer and a part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of Storm Spriggan Knuckle Unite on April 2, 2016.

Description

Weight: 8.8 grams

Spryzen S2 is a rather elliptical Energy Layer, and somewhat resembles its predecessor, Spryzen. This layer has two main contact points protruding from the under layer at the extremities of its oval, which are each followed by a similar-looking blade composed of the polycarbonate over layer and a square-shaped projection that also serves as a location for the screws. While such an aggressive design might indicate potential usefulness in Attack, the Energy Layer is made useless by its teeth, which are smaller than the teeth of the Caynox Energy Layer, which are reputed to perform poorly. As the teeth on Spryzen S2 are completely unfit to manage the rotational recoil the aggressive shape of the layer subjects them to during collisions, it bursts itself very easily and should not be considered for use in competitive play.

Products

TAKARA-TOMY

*B-35 Storm Spriggan Knuckle Unite
*B-49 02 Storm Spriggan Boost Yielding (Random Booster Vol. 3 Yaeger Yggdrasil Gravity Yielding)
*B-49 06 Storm Spriggan Limited Variable (Random Booster Vol. 3 Yaeger Yggdrasil Gravity Yielding)
*Storm Spriggan Knuckle Unite (Gunmetal Ver.)
*B-64 Storm Spriggan Boost Impact (Beyblade Super Custom Set Heavy Ver.)
*Storm Spriggan (WBBA Toys R Us Anniversary Layer)
*BG-04 Random Layer Collection 4

Hasbro

*B9488 Spryzen S2 Knuckle Unite
*B9498 Spryzen S2 Knuckle Unite (Epic Rivals Battle Set)
Here's my proposed revision:

Wombat Wrote:Spryzen S2 is a rather elliptical Energy Layer, and somewhat resembles its predecessor, Spryzen. This layer has two main contact points protruding from the under layer at the extremities of its oval, which are each followed by a similar-looking blade composed of the polycarbonate over layer and a square-shaped projection that also serves as a location for the screws. While such an aggressive design might indicate potential usefulness in Attack, the Energy Layer is made useless by its teeth, which are smaller than the teeth of the Caynox Energy Layer, which are reputed to perform poorly. As the teeth on Spryzen S2 are completely unfit to manage the rotational recoil the aggressive shape of the layer subjects them to during collisions, it bursts itself very easily and should not be considered for use in competitive play.

And here's my change report (still working on a system that can be both helpful to writers as well as proofreaders; tell me if it's useful for you):
[Image: s2_wombat_changereport1.jpg]

It might look worse than it actually is. Overall, most of the changes are only changing the case to alleviate the text (you don't need to capitalize terms that aren't official/dedicated/etc. designations, even if the terms you use make for an effective description) or rephrasing to a more neutral tone. The only flagrant (but comprehensible, and also humorous) mistake was the use of ovular, which relates to ovules and not ovals, which is already both an adjective and a noun. Ellipse (n.)/Elliptic (adj.)/Elliptical (adj.) can all be used as synonyms to oval.
Thanks for the edits, Nocto. It's a shame that Storm Spriggan isn't any good at stationery attack.

I think there's probably some grey area on whether a few of those terms should be considered official - I believe Basic Bey, Burst, and Teeth (though maybe it's Layer Teeth) are at least, but I'm less certain for over/under layer, and capitalizing burst (when referring to the event of a Beyblade separating) always feels wrong to me. I don't recall there ever being any formal announcement for official terminology for burst (or for any new series, for that matter) aside from how Hasbro's renaming scheme should be handled on the wiki, so I've just been going by what Kai-V or other similar users have been using since they almost exclusively use the official terms.
I wonder how Hasbro's system will change the Burst problem caused by weak teeth considering the fact that all Hasbro Burst Beyblades have the same slides their performance will be based more on their design than their teeth. When I can get my hands on some Hasbro versions I'll see if I can make some edits on performance between the Takara Tomy versions and Hasbro versions cause I really do think that Storm Spryzen will work better.
(Dec. 27, 2016  4:08 AM)Wombat Wrote: Thanks for the edits, Nocto. It's a shame that Storm Spriggan isn't any good at stationery attack.

That's true, Spriggan isn't much of a writer. (I jest, I jest)

(Dec. 27, 2016  4:08 AM)Wombat Wrote: I think there's probably some grey area on whether a few of those terms should be considered official - I believe Basic Bey, Burst, and Teeth (though maybe it's Layer Teeth) are at least, but I'm less certain for over/under layer, and capitalizing burst (when referring to the event of a Beyblade separating) always feels wrong to me.  I don't recall there ever being any formal announcement for official terminology for burst (or for any new series, for that matter) aside from how Hasbro's renaming scheme should be handled on the wiki, so I've just been going by what Kai-V or other similar users have been using since they almost exclusively use the official terms.

Removing Basic Bey was entirely a decision based on me finding it an ugly phrase. I don't mind Basic Beyblade at all, it actually works well, but Basic Bey sounds incredibly cut short and harsh. It's just one of those pet peeves. If you use Burst as a noun, like Burst Finish, Burst System, a Burst, then you should capitalize, but I don't know of verbs being capitalized to be common, unless they're in a title (e.g. a book or article titled The Rock Giraffe Wore a Tuque).

There are rules for capitalization, but sometimes, like this time, it comes down to personal styles and preferences, and how the Wiki wants to handle it. You capitalize Layer and Energy Layer because they're official terms on the package, but also to contextualize their use as part of the terminology. It's a Layer, the top component of a Beyblade in the Burst System, as opposed to a "layer of chocolate icing" or more likely, a "layer of customization". Once that's established, it's down to the user or organization's own writing conventions as set by themselves or by the predominant usage (e.g. English tends to capitalize everything, while French does not).

Anyway, something something complicated subject something something a lot of diverging opinions. I would personally look at it the same way I look at a car: I'll capitalize the name of the car and the fancy terms they use to describe their technology, but I wouldn't capitalize things like wheels or engine or breaks. You know what these things are by virtue of knowing they're on a car, and that's why I, personally, would not capitalize teeth.

tl;dr Save yourself the trouble and don't read (it).
Code:
{{Part Infobox
|Image=LayerStormSpriggan.png
|Name=Spryzen S2
|PartType=Energy Layer
|Abbreviation=S2
|Weight=8.8 grams
|AttackStat=2
|DefenseStat=2
|StaminaStat=2
|WeightStat=2
|SpeedStat=1
|BurstStat=2
}}
'''Spryzen S2''', known in Japan as '''Storm Spriggan''', is an [[Energy Layer]] released as part of the [[Dual Layer System]]. It debuted with the release of [[Spryzen S2 Knuckle Unite]] on April 2nd, 2016.

==Description==
<onlyinclude>
Spryzen S2 is a rather elliptical Energy Layer, and somewhat resembles its predecessor, [[Energy Layer - Spryzen|Spryzen]]. This layer has two main contact points protruding from the under layer at the extremities of its oval, which are each followed by a similar-looking blade composed of the polycarbonate over layer and a square-shaped projection that also serves as a location for the screws. While such an aggressive design might indicate potential usefulness in Attack, the Energy Layer is made useless by its teeth, which are smaller than the teeth of the [[Energy Layer - Caynox|Caynox Energy Layer]], which are reputed to perform poorly. As the teeth on Spryzen S2 are completely unfit to manage the rotational recoil the aggressive shape of the layer subjects them to during collisions, it bursts itself very easily and should not be considered for use in competitive play.
</onlyinclude>
==Overall==
Despite it's aggressive design, Spyzen S2 suffers from having small teeth, causing it to incur [[Burst Finish|Burst Finishes]] too easily. As such, Spryzen S2 is not recommended for competitive play, and should purely be for collection purposes.
==Products==
<!--Complete this section in a list format.-->
===Takara Tomy===
*B-35 Starter [[Spryzen S2 Knuckle Unite]]
*B-49 [[Random Booster Vol. 3 Yaeger Yggdrasil .G.Y]] - 02: [[Spyrzen S2 Boost Yielding]]
*B-49 [[Random Booster Vol. 3 Yaeger Yggdrasil .G.Y]] - 06: [[Spryzen S2 Limited Variable]]
*B-00 Prize [[Spryzen S2 Knuckle Unite]] (Gunmetal Ver.)
*B-64 [[Beyblade Super Custom Set Heavy Ver.]] - [[Spryzen S2 Booster Impact]]
*B-00 Prize Layer - Spryzen S2 (Anniversary Ver.)
*BG-04 [[Random Layer Collection Vol. 4]]
===Hasbro===
*B9488 [[Spryzen S2 Knuckle Unite]]
*B9498 [[Epic Rivals Battle Set]] - [[Spryzen S2 Knuckle Unite]]
==Gallery==
===Takara Tomy===
<gallery position="center" widths="130">
</gallery>
===Hasbro===
<gallery position="center" widths="130">
</gallery>

==Trivia==

==References==
{{reflist}}

{{Burst System Parts}}

@[Wombat] - Looking great, I've gone ahead and written an overall and published this live.

Thanks for your hard work guys!
===Hasbro version===
Like all other hasbro layers this layer is also made of softer plastic due to which stamina is lowered. Despite this the hasbro ver of spryzen S2 exhibits excellent performance in attack department. The tight slopes and aggressive elliptical shape of hasbro spryzen S2 makes it accel in giving over finishes but the shape also gives it average burst attack. It is considered on-par if not better than hasbro release of valtryek V2.Due to having moderate burst attack hasbro spryzen S2 cant be used on a stationary driver but it shines on a mixed attack set up.Where it can burst or OS the opponent if it cant KO it in the first place.Alternatively hasbro S2 can be used in a KO attack set-up due to its good KO attack potential.
===Use in mixed attack customization===
Hasbro spryzen S2 can be used in mixed attack customization hasbro S2 Heavy/Down/Knuckle/Gravity  Accel/Zephyr.This combo focuses on burst or OS an opponent  if it cant KO it in the first place.
===Use in KO attack customizaion===
Hasbro S2 can be used in KO attack setup Hasbro S2 Heavy/Knuckle/Gravity/Down Variable/Extreme.Altho S2 does not contain as much KO attack potential as Xcalius but its better stamina can allow for more hits incresing chances of winning by burst finish if it cant KO the opponent.
Need more suggestions  for combos. Also feel free to edit or tell me if somethings wrong with this draft.This draft is heavily based on Wombat's testing.Thanks to him i got an idea about the performance of hasbro S2.@Wombat see this pls.
(Jul. 28, 2017  5:22 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: ===Hasbro version===
Like all other hasbro layers this layer is also made of softer plastic due to which stamina is lowered. Despite this the hasbro ver of spryzen S2 exhibits excellent performance in attack department. The tight slopes and aggressive elliptical shape of hasbro spryzen S2 makes it accel in giving over finishes but the shape also gives it average burst attack. It is considered on-par if not better than hasbro release of valtryek V2.Due to having moderate burst attack hasbro spryzen S2 cant be used on a stationary driver but it shines on a mixed attack set up.Where it can burst or OS the opponent if it cant KO it in the first place.Alternatively hasbro S2 can be used in a KO attack set-up due to its good KO attack potential.
Hasbro spryzen S2 can be used in mixed attack customization hasbro S2 Heavy/Down/Knuckle/Gravity  Accel/Zephyr.This combo focuses on burst or OS an opponent  if it cant KO it in the first place.
Hasbro S2 can be used in KO attack setup Hasbro S2 Heavy/Knuckle/Gravity/Down Variable/Extreme.Altho S2 does not contain as much KO attack potential as Xcalius but its better stamina can allow for more hits incresing chances of winning by burst finish if it cant KO the opponent.
Need more suggestions  for combos. Also feel free to edit or tell me if somethings wrong with this draft.This draft is heavily based on Wombat's testing.Thanks to him i got an idea about the performance of hasbro S2.@Wombat see this pls.

Thanks for writing the Hasbro part. Sorry I forgot about this @[Rebel Blader], I've been working 8+ hours a day for the past week and a half. If you don't mind, I'll clean up the grammar/spelling/capitalization and rephrase it a bit, and it should be in good shape for Beywiki:

Quote:Like all other Hasbro Energy Layers, Spryzen S2 is made of a softer plastic that causes it to have lower Stamina than its TAKARA-TOMY counterpart. However, despite this, the steep slopes of Spryzen S2 make it much less likely to burst than Storm Spriggan, meaning that it can take full advantage of its aggressive, elliptical shape to exhibit excellent performance in the Attack department, excelling in giving Over Finishes while also having moderate Burst Attack. While Spryzen S2 can be used on stationary Burst Attack setups such as Spryzen S2 Heavy/Armed Survive or rubber-tipped KO Attack setups like Spryzen S2 Gravity/Knuckle Variable/Xtreme with some success, it is outclassed by Roktavor and Valkyrie for Burst Attack and Xcalibur, Lost Longinus, and Victory Valkyrie for KO Attack. However, due to Spryzen S2's relative proficiency in both types of Attack, it shines in a Mixed Attack combo, outperforming Valtyrek and Beast Behemoth in similar setups.

===Use in Attack Customization===
Spryzen S2 can be best put to use in the Mixed Attack custom Spryzen S2 Gravity/Heavy/Knuckle Accel/Zephyr. While this combo may not possess the same knockout potential as variants using Xtreme or Variable, it is easier to control and can be launched at a higher RPM with significantly less risk of self-bursting or self-KOing. In addition, the higher Stamina and lower friction of Accel and Zephyr give this combo more opportunities to burst its opponent with high RPM hits. As with all Hasbro combos, it is recommended to prioritize using a Forge Disc that causes the combo to fit tightly together over normally recommended Forge Discs.

Not quite sure how to word that last part about using a tight Forge Disc... what I want to communicate is basically "use whatever Forge Disc that makes the combo as tight as possible while also not sucking".
(Aug. 20, 2017  5:30 AM)Wombat Wrote:
(Jul. 28, 2017  5:22 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: ===Hasbro version===

Thanks for writing the Hasbro part. Sorry I forgot about this @[Rebel Blader], I've been working 8+ hours a day for the past week and a half. If you don't mind, I'll clean up the grammar/spelling/capitalization and rephrase it a bit, and it should be in good shape for Beywiki:

Quote:Like all other Hasbro Energy Layers, Spryzen S2 is made of a softer plastic that causes it to have lower Stamina than its TAKARA-TOMY counterpart. However, despite this, the steep slopes of Spryzen S2 make it much less likely to burst than Storm Spriggan, meaning that it can take full advantage of its aggressive, elliptical shape to exhibit excellent performance in the Attack department, excelling in giving Over Finishes while also having moderate Burst Attack. While Spryzen S2 can be used on stationary Burst Attack setups such as Spryzen S2 Heavy/Armed Survive or rubber-tipped KO Attack setups like Spryzen S2 Gravity/Knuckle Variable/Xtreme with some success, it is outclassed by Roktavor and Valkyrie for Burst Attack and Xcalibur, Lost Longinus, and Victory Valkyrie for KO Attack. However, due to Spryzen S2's relative proficiency in both types of Attack, it shines in a Mixed Attack combo, outperforming Valtyrek and Beast Behemoth in similar setups.

===Use in Attack Customization===
Spryzen S2 can be best put to use in the Mixed Attack custom Spryzen S2 Gravity/Heavy/Knuckle Accel/Zephyr. While this combo may not possess the same knockout potential as variants using Xtreme or Variable, it is easier to control and can be launched at a higher RPM with significantly less risk of self-bursting or self-KOing. In addition, the higher Stamina and lower friction of Accel and Zephyr give this combo more opportunities to burst its opponent with high RPM hits. As with all Hasbro combos, it is recommended to prioritize using a Forge Disc that causes the combo to fit tightly together over normally recommended Forge Discs.

Not quite sure how to word that last part about using a tight Forge Disc... what I want to communicate is basically "use whatever Forge Disc that makes the combo as tight as possible while also not sucking".

thanks for checking.u made the draft really better.i would say hasbro s2 heavy/knuckle/armed/down survive would be better for stationary attack and s2 heavy/gravity/knuckle/down variable /extreme would better for ko attack and finally s2 gravity/heavy/down/ knuckle accel / zephyr for mixed attack since we need to mention all disc options that work well.