Energy Layer - Screw Trident

Quote:[Hasbro Name], known in Japan as Screw Trident, is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System. It officially debuted with the release of the BG-08 Random Layer Collection Vol. 8 on December 13, 2017.

==Description==
Screw Trident is an Energy Layer that---like its predecessor, Trident---retains its imitation of a trident. This is meant to represent its Japanese namesake---a three-pronged spear known as Trishula in Hinduism. The rough shape of a trident is visible from an overhead view of the layer, resembling the original Trident. Unlike its predecessor, which had a rough, triangular shape, Screw Trident has a rough, hexagonal shape. The layer possesses 4 teeth of medium height, around that of the teeth on Drain Fafnir.

As part of the Switch-Strike/God Layer System, Screw Trident has a gimmick: The layer's center is the base for a rubber set of "legs," which allow the outer part of the layer to shift when hit, akin to the "Bound Defense" gimmick of Jerk and Guardian Kerbeus.

In theory, the layer would be able to absorb damage upon impact due to the rubber absorbing most of the impact. In reality, however, the layer takes the same amount of recoil as it would have, just as the gimmick is ineffective on Jerk and Guardian Kerbeus. Furthermore, the rough, hexagonal shape induces recoil, increasing burst risk and decreasing stamina. The shape overall is more rounded than the original Trident, and the layer is relatively heavy, around the weight of layers such as Galaxy Zeus. However, the layer itself---despite its stamina that is on par with layers like Deep Chaos---is quite vulnerable to bursting against either right or left spin opponents, especially due to the hooklike shapes of each shorter segment that separates each main "arm" of the layer. Furthermore, the aforementioned hexagonal shape---along with the bulkiness and weight distribution of the layer---make Screw Trident outclassed by top-tier stamina and defense layers. Deep Chaos, Drain Fafnir, and Maximum Garuda outclass Screw Trident in stamina, and those same layers, alongside other layers such as Alter Chronos, outclass Screw Trident for defense.*

==Overall==
While Screw Trident may have high stamina and decent weight, the layer's shape, weight distribution**, and price leave it outclassed by several other layers such as Drain Fafnir, Alter Chronos, and Deep Chaos. Even worse, those aforementioned layers retain more burst resistance and hold other advantages such as spin equalization, destabilization, and superior burst resistance. As such, Screw Trident is recommended for collection purposes only.***

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
  • BG-08 Random Layer Collection Vol. 8 (yellow and red-orange, translucent orange God Chip)
==Hasbro==
* Needs further testing...please help by testing... 
** I do not know if the weight distribution of sT necessarily hinders its performance, though I suspect it does make synergy with Discs much harder.
*** Not certain
Also, first draft! :D
(Dec. 17, 2017  5:04 PM)Dragunix Wrote:
Quote:[Hasbro Name], known in Japan as Screw Trident, is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the BG-08 Random Layer Collection Vol. 8 on [?]

==Description==
Screw Trident is an Energy Layer that---like its predecessor, Trident---retains its imitation of a trident. This is meant to represent its Japanese namesake---a three-pronged spear wielded by the god Neptune in Roman mythology. The rough shape of a trident is visible from an overhead view of the layer, resembling the original Trident. Unlike its predecessor, which had a rough, triangular shape, Screw Trident has a rough, hexagonal shape. As part of the Switch-Strike/God Layer System, Screw Trident has a gimmick: The layer's center is the base for a rubber set of "legs," which allow the outer part of the layer to shift when hit, akin to the "Bound Defense" gimmick of Jerk and Guardian Kerbeus.

In theory, the layer would be able to absorb damage upon impact due to the rubber absorbing most of the impact. In reality, however, the layer takes the same amount of recoil as it would have, just as the gimmick is ineffective on Jerk and Guardian Kerbeus. Furthermore, the rough, hexagonal shape induces recoil, increasing burst risk and decreasing stamina. However, the shape overall is more rounded than the original Trident, and the layer is reputed to have a decently heavy weight, around the weight of [?].

==Overall==

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
  • BG-08 Random Layer Collection Vol. 8 (yellow and red-orange, translucent red God Chip)
==Hasbro==
Needs information from testing and other information such as release date and weight. This is mainly based off of videos and other drafts, so please keep in mind that this is a base...not meant to be complete...

Also, first draft! Grin

Looks good.
It doesn't refer to Neptune's trident, but the trident of a Indian goddess ^^
What? I'm not disagreeing here, but could you find some evidence for that?
(Dec. 17, 2017  7:33 PM)Dragunix Wrote: What? I'm not disagreeing here, but could you find some evidence for that
Yes haha, I'm sorry, I don't have reference right now, but I read it on the WBO. PLus you can see it on the avatar. Wink
The original Trident is listed as the spear of Neptune so far...

https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Energy-...une?page=2

Are you refering to this?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=w...ulpk3AJYGb

But it could apply to both apparently?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trident
(Dec. 17, 2017  7:44 PM)Dragunix Wrote: The original Trident is listed as the spear of Neptune so far...

A majority of parts are either Greek or Christian Mythology, so its safe to assume it as Neptunes.
I'm searchiing the thread with all the avatars but I don't find it... Uncertain
(Dec. 17, 2017  7:44 PM)Dragunix Wrote: The original Trident is listed as the spear of Neptune so far...

Ok, hear me out. The Trishula (the hindu trident) resembles the one the avatar holds. Secondly, it is often associated with light and purity. Trident is yellow, so it also fits.
Wait so will the original Trident draft get changed as well?
"In Hindu legends and stories Shiva, a Hindu God who holds a trident in his hand, uses this sacred weapon to fight off negativity in the form of evil villains." Yes, this is Shiva who holds it ^^

(Dec. 17, 2017  8:40 PM)Dragunix Wrote: Wait so will the original Trident draft get changed as well?
I think so, I think that accuracy is important Wink
I changed it

Changed it

Wait hold up why is Hasbro's called treptune??

If it isn't Roman? Just wondering, since there has to be a good reason...

When was the release date for RLC Vol. 8?
https://i.imgur.com/t87GI4o.jpg You can see Shiva on its avatar.
Hasbro make a lot of mistakes... Like renaming every (almost) Beyblades Wink
but a release date???
(Dec. 17, 2017  10:38 PM)Dragunix Wrote: I changed it

Changed it

Wait hold up why is Hasbro's called treptune??

If it isn't Roman? Just wondering, since there has to be a good reason...

When was the release date for RLC Vol. 8?

Hasbro's is, its based off of Neptune's. The avatar for Hasbro's is based off of Neptune.
It doesn't look like Shiva...I'll keep it for now until someone can for sure confirm
https://youtu.be/aLOd27i0RLc

Not the best source, but apparently it outspun stock mG using Yell Nothing...

Ik stock mG is not as good as customized, but I thought those two awful parts would bring it down a lot more than they seemed to do...

If flügel>nothing...ok...even 8 outclasses yell...even with Yell's LAD...ummm...can someone please find a better source?
seems almost like the beys are getting worse and worse
Ik...and no new gimmicks either...

Btw, do you have any info on sT?
(Dec. 17, 2017  5:04 PM)Dragunix Wrote:
Quote:[Hasbro Name], known in Japan as Screw Trident, is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System. It officially debuted with the release of the BG-08 Random Layer Collection Vol. 8 on December 13, 2017.

==Description==
Screw Trident is an Energy Layer that---like its predecessor, Trident---retains its imitation of a trident. This is meant to represent its Japanese namesake---a three-pronged spear known as Trishula in Hinduism. The rough shape of a trident is visible from an overhead view of the layer, resembling the original Trident. Unlike its predecessor, which had a rough, triangular shape, Screw Trident has a rough, hexagonal shape. The layer also possesses four teeth of medium height, similar to Drain Fafnir. As part of the Switch-Strike/God Layer System, Screw Trident has a gimmick: The layer's center is the base for a rubber set of "legs," which allow the outer part of the layer to shift when hit, akin to the "Bound Defense" gimmick of Jerk and Guardian Kerbeus.

In theory, the layer would be able to absorb damage upon impact due to the rubber absorbing most of the impact. In reality, however, the layer takes the same amount of recoil as it would have, just as the gimmick is ineffective on Jerk and Guardian Kerbeus. Furthermore, the rough, hexagonal shape induces recoil, increasing burst risk and decreasing stamina. However, the shape overall is more rounded than the original Trident, and the layer is decently heavy, around the weight of Galaxy Zeus.

In practice, the layer's gimmick is ineffective and might even increase burst risk. Furthermore, the notches in between each major arm create points of recoil, increasing burst risk even further. However, the weight of the rubber provides stamina that can match layers like Deep Chaos when part of a proper combination.

==Overall==

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
  • BG-08 Random Layer Collection Vol. 8 (yellow and red-orange, translucent red God Chip)
==Hasbro==
Needs information from testing and other information such as release date and weight. This is mainly based off of videos and other drafts, so please keep in mind that this is a base...not meant to be complete...and definitely not completely accurate. All and any help is appreciated...

Also, first draft! Grin
screw Trident feels like a worse dC IMO...less destab., the shape hinders both stamina and burst resistance, yet the teeth are like dF and the stamina can kinda compete with dC...
screw trident overall updated.
How good is the burst resistance? Give a bey that has around the same. And what's the stamina level at? Give another bey that has around the same.
for teeth only, maybe around drain with an A4 Mould??

It can keep up with dF_At. and dC._.R pretty well on 7G.O

The problem IMO is the shape, it just has a bit of recoil at the wrong angles for the gimmick to cushion it enough. Even with an A4 mould it isn't tight enough.

I may do more tests with A1 to see if there's any notable difference.

and yes, I have a sT...there is a testing thread I made
(Dec. 28, 2017  5:47 AM)Dragunix Wrote: [Hasbro Name], known in Japan as Screw Trident, is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System. It officially debuted with the release of the BG-08 Random Layer Collection Vol. 8 on December 13, 2017.

==Description==
Screw Trident is an Energy Layer that is a Stamina Type Energy Layer with trident motifs meant to represent its Japanese namesake; Trishula, a three pronged spear in Hinduism. Like its predecessor Treptune, Screw Trident features three large blades to create an overall triangular shape. As part of the Switch-Strike/God Layer System, Screw Trident features gimmicks; the center and blades of the Layer are connected by rubber so create “Bound Defense” akin to Jerk.

In theory, the rubber would allow the blades would shift under impact and absorb shock to reduce recoil. In practice however, due to how hard the rubber is, the gimmick fails to function. This issue is exacerbated by the triangular shape of the Layer which creates high recoil and Burst Risk which the four medium teeth of the Japanese release are unable to compensate for.

Despite the high Burst risk however, Screw Trident performs well in pure Stamina combinations as its weight distribution creates spin times near or equal to Deep Chaos, albeit without Destabilization potential.

==Overall==
Despite the recoil, ineffective gimmick and high Burst risk, Screw Trident’s high Stamina makes for an excellent alternative to Deep Chaos if the latter is unavailable.

As such, Screw Trident is a must have for bladers if one does not have Deep Chaos and a welcome addition if one does.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
==Hasbro==