Energy Layer - Jormuntor J2 (Draft)

Quote:Jormuntor J2 (known as Jail Jormungand in Japan) is part of the Burst System and is a Stamina-type Energy Layer that debuted as the Prize Layer of BG-03 Random Layer Collection Vol. 3 in July 2016, and was later released again in B-69 Booster Jail Jormungand I. Cy. in January 2017.

Description
Weight: 9g

J2 has a mostly circular shapes composed of two slopes with slight ridges and two small gaps/protrusions at the end of the slopes. The center part of the bey shows two serpents breathing fire. While this well-balanced and defensive-looking shape appears to be a good layer, a quick glance underneath shows that the layer has subpar-at-best teeth. This unfortunate fact makes J2 an ultimately useless layer.

The layer’s spirit is based on Jörmungandr, also known as the World Serpent, from Norse mythology. Jörmungandr was one of Loki’s three children, who grew so large it encompassed the earth and swallowed its tail.

Overall

While J2 has a optimal shape for defense, it’s poor teeth make it a very risky option for competitive play. It should only be picked up for collection purposes.

Releases
BG-03 Random Layer Collection Volume 3 (Purple-tinted Clear Layer)
B-69 Booster Jail Jormungand I. Cy.

Trivia
J2’s basis has ties to Fenrir, Odin, and Ragnarok, which also have Energy Layers in the Burst System based upon them.
first wiki draft, ayyyyyyy
Are there any edits that need to be made? (besides the obvious lack of a weight in the desc. haha)
Jail Jormungand weighs 9 Grams
(Jan. 02, 2017  5:42 PM)SUGOI-KONICHEWA Wrote: Jail Jormungand weighs 9 Grams

very thanks, sir
Essentially all we can say about it, sadly, so besides describing the teeth in more detail (the first one is stronger than the three others, I think?), this should be ready to be published, as long as the right template is used.
Quote:Jormuntor J2 (known as Jail Jormungand in Japan) is part of the Burst System and is a Stamina-type Energy Layer that debuted as the Prize Layer of BG-03 Random Layer Collection Vol. 3 in July 2016, and was later released again in B-69 Booster Jail Jormungand I. Cy. in January 2017.

==Description==
Weight: 9g
J2 has a mostly circular shape composed of two slopes with slight ridges and two small gaps/protrusions at the end of the slopes. The center part of the bey shows two serpents breathing fire. While this well-balanced and defensive-looking shape appears to be a good layer, a quick glance underneath shows that the layer only has one good tooth, with the rest being subpar at best. This unfortunate fact makes J2 an ultimately useless layer.

The layer’s spirit is based on Jörmungandr, also known as the World Serpent, from Norse mythology. Jörmungandr was one of Loki’s three children, who grew so large it encompassed the earth and swallowed its tail.

==Overall==
While J2 has a optimal shape for defense, it’s poor teeth make it a very risky option for competitive play. It should only be picked up for collection purposes.

==Products==

==Takara Tomy==
BG-03 Random Layer Collection Volume 3 (purple-tinted clear layer)
B-69 Jail Jormungand I. Cy.
CoroCoro Jail Jormungand I. Cy. Red Version

==Hasbro==

==Trivia==
J2’s basis has ties to Fenrir, Odin, and Ragnarok, which also have Energy Layers in the Burst System based upon them.

Is this better? @[Kai-V]
Oh, I just realised that you used the abbreviation "J2" way too much, but otherwise that looks great hah. Just leave maximum one "J2" and change the rest to "Jormuntor", I suppose.

Are you able to publish it?
Jormuntor J2
Looks good to me! I've gone ahead and published this draft. Thanks for getting this written up! Grin
J2 weighs 8.1 g
http://beyblade.wikia.com/wiki/Jormuntor...nity_Cycle
Is it normal? There are things written in double in this article... ^^
Also @[TraniacJ] I have heard the Hasbro one has crazy defense and is good against some attackers, can anyone confirm with tests?
(Oct. 31, 2017  2:04 AM)Suzaku-X Wrote: Also @[TraniacJ] I have heard the Hasbro one has crazy defense and is good against some attackers, can anyone confirm with tests?

barely anyone has j2 but from what ive seen it doesnt get burst by ANY hasbro stock bey
(Oct. 31, 2017  2:04 AM)Suzaku-X Wrote: Also @[TraniacJ] I have heard the Hasbro one has crazy defense and is good against some attackers, can anyone confirm with tests?

I don't have it myself, and the only videos I've seen of it are uncustomized battles, and since those don't prove a whole lot in most cases, I have my doubts. To be fair though, I think it's likely to good since it's shape is basically the same as MWS Virgo and I've heard the lock is tight on it...
It comes in rbv7 with 6glaive nothing
(Jan. 17, 2017  2:47 PM)TrainiacJ Wrote:

==Description==
Weight: 9g
Jormuntor J2 is a circular Energy layer made for Stamina, it consists of two slopes with slight ridges and two small gaps/protrusions at the end of the slopes. The center part of the Energy layer features two serpents breathing fire to match the anime's rendition of the layer's beast Jörmungandr, a giant serpent from Norse mythology. While the Circular design and steep slopes may imply high Stamina/Defense and destabilizing potential, the Takara-Tomy release of Jormuntor J2 features four teeth, three of which are short in length while one is medium in length. This gives Jormuntor J2 poor burst defense, making it extremely prone to burst finishes. In addition to this, with the release of SwitchStrike System, Jormuntor J2 is simply too light to be competitively useful for any kind of Customizations.  

==Overall==
Despite having an optimal shape for Stamina/Defense Customizations, Jormuntor J2 is competitively useless due to its bad burst defense and bursts too much to be useful for any kind of Customizations. Due to this, Jormuntor J2 should only be bought for collection-purposes.

==Differences in the Hasbro Version==
The Hasbro release of Jormuntor J2 features very strong slopes, giving it greater burst resistance than its Takara-Tomy variant and allowing the layer to withstand its own recoil making it a fairly hard Energy layer to burst. The low recoil shape, high burst defense and outward weight distribution makes Jormuntor J2 arguably the one of the best layer in the Hasbro-Only format for Stamina Customizations. Due to these reasons, The Hasbro release of Jormuntor J2 is a must have for any competitive blader.

==Use in Stamina Customization==
J2 can be put to use in Stamina Customization Jormuntor J2 2/4/5/7/0 Glaive/Cross Orbit/Atomic/Bearing. The high Stamina of 2/4/5/7/0 Glaive/Cross synergizes with Jormuntor J2' own and Orbit/Atomic/Bearing further bolsters stamina through their low friction. This combination is capable of outspinning almost any other right-spin Stamina/Defense combination while also having better burst resistance than other Stamina-oriented  layers like Caynox C3 , making it a safe choice for competitive usage.
==Products-List==
==Takara Tomy==
BG-03 Random Layer Collection Volume 3 (purple-tinted clear layer)
B-69 Jail Jormungand I. Cy.
CoroCoro Jail Jormungand I. Cy. Red Version

==Trivia==
hows this? will add hasbro version later.
edit: added hasbro ver.
bump i think this can be published
(Jul. 06, 2018  7:15 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: bump i think this can be published

I just did
Why must you necro? Why?!
(Jul. 06, 2018  7:27 PM)BladerGem Wrote: Why must you necro? Why?!
because i want drafts of every old parts to be published and i dont think i should make a seperate thread for them. also bumping in to a thread less than 3 years old is ok

(Jul. 06, 2018  7:21 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Jul. 06, 2018  7:15 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: bump i think this can be published

I just did

thats not my version of the draft
(Jul. 06, 2018  7:29 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jul. 06, 2018  7:27 PM)BladerGem Wrote: Why must you necro? Why?!
because i want drafts of every old parts to be published and i dont think i should make a seperate thread for them. also bumping in to a thread less than 3 years old is ok

(Jul. 06, 2018  7:21 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: I just did

Well I just published something anyway. Wouldn’t jormuntor J2 be outclassed at this point though?
(Jul. 06, 2018  7:36 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Jul. 06, 2018  7:29 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: because i want drafts of every old parts to be published and i dont think i should make a seperate thread for them. also bumping in to a thread less than 3 years old is ok

Well I just published something anyway. Wouldn’t jormuntor J2 be outclassed at this point though?

hasbro j2 is still top tier for stamina. also are u alowed to publish stuff?
(Jul. 06, 2018  7:47 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jul. 06, 2018  7:36 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:

hasbro j2 is still top tier for stamina. also are u alowed to publish stuff?

Why wouldn’t I be?