Energy Layer - Hazard Kerbeus

Quote:==Description==
Hazard Kerbeus is a Defense Type Energy Layer with two large blades and features three dog heads down the center, meant to represent the Layer's namesake, the mythological three headed hound Cerberus. As part of the Super Z Layer System, Hazard Kerbeus features metal in its design; in this case, the two blades are lined with metal in the shape of chains. The inclusion of metal makes Hazard Kerbeus heavier than most God/Switch-Strike Layers.

Hazard Kerbeus also features a gimmick; the two blades are capable of bending inwards to create "Bound Defense", akin to Jerk, Screw Trident and the Layer's predecessor Guardian Kerbeus. Unlike its predecessor however, Hazard Kerbeus uses soft, bendable plastic with much greater flexibility, allowing the Layer's gimmick to function as intended.

Hazard Kerbeus features teeth of medium length, akin to Kaiser Kerbeus.
According to Marutti the bound gimmick uses a spring (presumably similar to the ratchet that's inside a launcher, rather than flexible plastic.
I’m hyped for this one. Hopefully, the gimmick works sufficiently.
It's also 18.23 grams according to this.

[Image: 2cd8rd2.png]
I don't think the Gimmick will be effective at all. Centrifugal force will get in the way and render the gimmick useless until it reaches low spin speed, then it will have some sort of performance, but it will still be a toilet at defense.
(Jun. 26, 2018  12:09 AM)Hellibleri Wrote: I’m hyped for this one. Hopefully, the gimmick works sufficiently.

I don't think so... There will be a centrifugal force acting on the bey plus it springs back way to less to make the difference. I was so hoping this would be the best Kerbeus by far and as of now, I don't think my prayers have payed-off...
(Jun. 26, 2018  6:58 AM)ThePheonix Wrote:
(Jun. 26, 2018  12:09 AM)Hellibleri Wrote: I’m hyped for this one. Hopefully, the gimmick works sufficiently.

I don't think so... There will be a centrifugal force acting on the bey plus it springs back way to less to make the difference. I was so hoping this would be the best Kerbeus by far and as of now, I don't think my prayers have payed-off...

But... I just said that.
(Jun. 26, 2018  11:32 AM)ultra destinus Wrote:
(Jun. 26, 2018  6:58 AM)ThePheonix Wrote: I don't think so... There will be a centrifugal force acting on the bey plus it springs back way to less to make the difference. I was so hoping this would be the best Kerbeus by far and as of now, I don't think my prayers have payed-off...

But... I just said that.

Yeah sorry I was trying to tag you but there was a glitch... Yeah, credit to destinus...
i wonder how soft the bound defense is. if it is too springy, KO risk might be high. but if it is soft it might be interesting on the right driver. either way i love defense types and this looks like another nice release.
[Image: 192i45.jpg]

To confirm the layer is spring based. The metal spring is poked into the plastic, something a bit like the mechanism used in Kerbecs blade blast or the launcher ratchets.
(Jun. 25, 2018  10:33 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: ==Description==
Hazard Kerbeus is a Defense Type Energy Layer with two large blades and features three dog heads down the center, meant to represent the Layer's namesake, the mythological three headed hound Cerberus. As part of the Super Z Layer System, Hazard Kerbeus features metal in its design; in this case, the two blades are lined with metal in the shape of chains. The inclusion of metal makes Hazard Kerbeus heavier than most God/Switch-Strike Layers.

Hazard Kerbeus also features a gimmick; the two blades are capable of bending inwards to create "Bound Defense", akin to D, Screw Trident and the Layer's predecessor Guardian Kerbeus. Unlike its predecessor however, Hazard Kerbeus uses springs with much greater flexibility, allowing the Layer's gimmick to function as intended.

Hazard Kerbeus features teeth of medium length, akin to Kaiser Kerbeus.
With the metal all on the outside of the layer like that how is the OWD?
(Jun. 26, 2018  6:49 PM)Flame-Byxis Wrote: With the metal all on the outside of the layer like that how is the OWD?

I just got my hands on this energy layer and I must say that it's high OWD is actually a benefit. 

It helps hK with:

1) Reducing recoil with its gimmick

And 

2) Allowing to to make strong destabilizing hits with the right driver.

I've tested this with Hazard Kerbeus 7 Glaive Bearing against Hell Salamander 7 Bump Atomic.

Hazard Kerbeus has won every single round I've tested.

Hopes this helps.
(Jul. 04, 2018  12:01 AM)LazerBeamz Wrote:
(Jun. 26, 2018  6:49 PM)Flame-Byxis Wrote: With the metal all on the outside of the layer like that how is the OWD?

I just got my hands on this energy layer and I must say that it's high OWD is actually a benefit. 

It helps hK with:

And 

I've tested this with Hazard Kerbeus 7 Glaive Bearing against Hell Salamander 7 Bump Atomic.

Hopes this helps.

against hS 7b At. holy carp every single round hK won? big potential boys
(Jul. 04, 2018  12:01 AM)LazerBeamz Wrote:

It helps hK with:

And 

Hopes this helps.

Very interesting, but have you tried both with the same disk driver setup?
(Jul. 04, 2018  1:20 AM)Jinbee Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2018  12:01 AM)LazerBeamz Wrote: I just got my hands on this energy layer and I must say that it's high OWD is actually a benefit. 

It helps hK with:

And 

Hopes this helps.

Very interesting, but have you tried both with the same disk driver setup?

Unfortunately not. Don't have enough parts.
looks like this one guy found some mold differences in his three versions of the layer (go to 2:45 mark):

(Jul. 04, 2018  1:55 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote: looks like this one guy found some mold differences in his three versions of the layer (go to 2:45 mark):

Great. The god chip mold variations are officially back... BTW there is a Lot of difference...

(Jun. 26, 2018  6:40 PM)Jinbee Wrote: [Image: 192i45.jpg]

To confirm the layer is spring based. The metal spring is poked into the plastic, something a bit like the mechanism used in Kerbecs blade blast or the launcher ratchets.

So this image has a A7 mold hK...
Well that's just wonderful, more mold differences? And given my luck. I'll get the bad one.

How different are these variations performance wise?
Hazard Kerbeus' official combo is hK.7.At according to the newest corocoro Cho-Z guide book that came out today. [img][Image: Screenshot_20180705-111358.png][/img] [Image: nrvfkc0kx] (I'm on my phone right now so I'm not sure if you'll be able to see the photo of it, but if it doesn't show you can see it in marutti's video on YouTube of the Cho z invulnerability guide book
(Jul. 05, 2018  4:34 PM)Bey_$avage Wrote: Hazard Kerbeus' official combo is hK.7.At according to the newest corocoro Cho-Z guide book that came out today. [img][Image: Screenshot_20180705-111358.png][/img] [Image: nrvfkc0kx] (I'm on my phone right now so I'm not sure if you'll be able to see the photo of it, but if it doesn't show you can see it in marutti's video on YouTube of the Cho z invulnerability guide book

That's not an official combo, that's a recommended combo I believe.

EDIT: After a second glance, I'm not so sure if I'm right. But hey, 7B.At was the combo I was going to use for hK anyway.
hK definitely likes At above all other drivers
(Jul. 05, 2018  4:35 PM)Jinbee Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2018  4:34 PM)Bey_$avage Wrote: Hazard Kerbeus' official combo is hK.7.At according to the newest corocoro Cho-Z guide book that came out today. [img][Image: Screenshot_20180705-111358.png][/img] [Image: nrvfkc0kx] (I'm on my phone right now so I'm not sure if you'll be able to see the photo of it, but if it doesn't show you can see it in marutti's video on YouTube of the Cho z invulnerability guide book

That's not an official combo, that's a recommended combo I believe.

EDIT: After a second glance, I'm not so sure if I'm right. But hey, 7B.At was the combo I was going to use for hK anyway.

All the other combos it showed in that section were the officials as well, so I believe that .7.At is confirmed,I should have my hK within a week & I'm excited to test it out with it's stock combo
I have the guide. Both the disc and driver have a little red circle that reads "おすすめパーツ!" (which you can see for yourself in the image higher up), which means basically "recommended part" or "suggested part".

Jisho and Google Translate, if you wish to see.

(Note: There aren't separate singular and plural nouns in Japanese. Like 1 fish, 2 fish, 3 fish....)