Energy Layer - Galaxy Zeus

Quote:[Hasbro Name], known as Galaxy Zeus, is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-90 3 on 3 Booster Set

==Description==
Galaxy Zeus is a Stamina Type Energy Layer that features four large blades, producing an overall rounded square design. As part of the Switch-Strike/God Layer System, Galaxy Zeus features a gimmick; Galaxy Zeus features four metal balls on tracks, like its predecessor Zeutron Z2's two.

In theory the metal balls would move outward due to centrifugal force and increase Outward Weight Distribution, Stamina and Stability. In practice, due to the increased number and thus weight of the balls and how much closer the tracks are to the edge of the Layer compared to its predecessor, Galaxy Zeus' gimmick works as intended, giving combinations long spin times.

While the Japanese release of Galaxy Zeus has teeth of only average length and a recoil inducing square shape akin to Wyvron W2, the Layer's metal balls and large blades gives the Layer a high weight of 12.8 grams which heavily bolsters its Burst resistance. As a result, Galaxy Zeus has great Defense and Attack potential along with its Stamina, making it a top-tier Layer for Balance combinations.

==Use in Balance Combinations==
Galaxy Zeus can be put to use in the Balance combination (MGC) Galaxy Zeus 2/4/5/7 Cross/Glaive Atomic/Orbit. The free-spinning ball of Atomic/Orbit bolsters the Stamina and Burst resistance of the Layer, the heavy weight of 2/4/5/7 further bolsters Stamina and aids in Knock-Out resistance while the other parts can compensate for the Burst risk or using heavy Disks and Cross/Glaive adds Life-After-Death, giving the combination greater chances of outspinning the opponent. This combination is capable of outspinning Attack and Defense combinations with its Stamina and Burst/Knock-Out resistance and can potentially Burst combinations with its recoil inducing square shape.

==Overall==
With Galaxy Zeus' heavy weight, high Stamina and potential Burst Attack, it has become a top-tier Layer for Balance combinations. However, like other "Jack of all Trades" parts, Galaxy Zeus does not perform as consistently as a dedicated Attack, Defense or Stamina Layer such as Legend Spriggan/Sieg Xcalibur, Alter Chronos/Drain Fafnir or Guardian Kerbeus respectively. Despite this, the consistency Galaxy Zeus does have makes it a must-have for competitive bladers.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-90 Galaxy Zeus 4Meteor Planet (3 on 3 Booster Set)
==Hasbro==

Basically, kinda risky but it can go up against any combo with good chances of success.
How well would knuckle work on it? It should help the burst resistance and gZ could provide the weight for the Beyblade.
(Nov. 03, 2017  12:59 AM)dt1000 Wrote: How well would knuckle work on it? It should help the burst resistance and gZ could provide the weight for the Beyblade.

With the heavy Sieg Xcalibur in play, I think that would be a bit of a risk
(Nov. 03, 2017  1:00 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Nov. 03, 2017  12:59 AM)dt1000 Wrote: How well would knuckle work on it? It should help the burst resistance and gZ could provide the weight for the Beyblade.

With the heavy Sieg Xcalibur in play, I think that would be a bit of a risk

Oh. Could someone try it?

knuckle will reduce gZ attack power and lad and will make it easy to ko so its not good with knuckle.
(Nov. 03, 2017  12:43 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: In theory the metal balls would move outward. In practice Galaxy Zeus' gimmick works as intended.

Is this the first time a god gimmick works as intended?
(Nov. 03, 2017  8:46 AM)Limetka Wrote:
(Nov. 03, 2017  12:43 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: In theory the metal balls would move outward. In practice Galaxy Zeus' gimmick works as intended.

Is this the first time a god gimmick works as intended?
No gks gimmick works, sX works, lS works just to name a few
(Nov. 03, 2017  9:24 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Nov. 03, 2017  8:46 AM)Limetka Wrote: Is this the first time a god gimmick works as intended?
No gks gimmick works, sX works, lS works just to name a few
Gk's bound defence doesn't work!
Wait why would the MGC reduce stamina? I thought they helped increase that factor of beys? Please inform me, as I don't have experience with MGCs.
(Nov. 04, 2017  11:33 PM)Dragunix Wrote: Wait why would the MGC reduce stamina? I thought  they helped increase that factor of beys? Please inform me, as I don't have experience with  MGCs.

Decreases Outward Weight Distribution. It's why metal face bolts aren't commonly used in metal fight stamina combinations
Oh ok

Thank you
this is a pretty dumb question, but is gZ still any use in the current meta? I know pretty much all other competitive choices outclass it, but I'm kinda scared that it got power creeped that quickly...

again, this isn't a very smart question...
(Jan. 23, 2018  4:56 AM)Dragunix Wrote: this is a pretty dumb question, but is gZ still any use in the current meta? I know pretty much all other competitive choices outclass it, but I'm kinda scared that it got power creeped that quickly...

again, this isn't a very smart question...

I have good success with Galaxy Zeus against Legend Spriggan and Sieg Xcalibur. But it needs to be tested against Twin Nemesis and Spriggan Requiem.
(Nov. 03, 2017  12:43 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
Quote:[Hasbro Name], known as Galaxy Zeus, is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-90 3 on 3 Booster Set

==Description==
Galaxy Zeus is a Stamina Type Energy Layer that features four large blades, producing an overall rounded square design. As part of the Switch-Strike/God Layer System, Galaxy Zeus features a gimmick; Galaxy Zeus features four metal balls on tracks, like its predecessor Zeutron Z2's two.

In theory the metal balls would move outward due to centrifugal force and increase Outward Weight Distribution, Stamina and Stability. In practice, due to the increased number and thus weight of the balls and how much closer the tracks are to the edge of the Layer compared to its predecessor, Galaxy Zeus' gimmick works as intended, giving combinations long spin times.

While the Japanese release of Galaxy Zeus has teeth of only average length and a recoil inducing square shape akin to Wyvron W2, the Layer's metal balls and large blades gives the Layer a high weight of 12.8 grams which heavily bolsters its Burst resistance. As a result, Galaxy Zeus has great Defense and Attack potential along with its Stamina, making it a top-tier Layer for Balance combinations.

==Use in Balance Combinations==
Galaxy Zeus can be put to use in the Balance combination (MGC) Galaxy Zeus 2/4/5/7 Cross/Glaive Atomic/Orbit. The free-spinning ball of Atomic/Orbit bolsters the Stamina and Burst resistance of the Layer, the heavy weight of 2/4/5/7 further bolsters Stamina and aids in Knock-Out resistance while the other parts can compensate for the Burst risk or using heavy Disks and Cross/Glaive adds Life-After-Death, giving the combination greater chances of outspinning the opponent. This combination is capable of outspinning Attack and Defense combinations with its Stamina and Burst/Knock-Out resistance and can potentially Burst combinations with its recoil inducing square shape.

==Overall==
With Galaxy Zeus' heavy weight, high Stamina and potential Burst Attack, it has become a top-tier Layer for Balance combinations. However, like other "Jack of all Trades" parts, Galaxy Zeus does not perform as consistently as a dedicated Attack, Defense or Stamina Layer such as Legend Spriggan/Sieg Xcalibur, Alter Chronos/Drain Fafnir or Guardian Kerbeus respectively. Despite this, the consistency Galaxy Zeus does have makes it a must-have for competitive bladers.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-90 Galaxy Zeus 4Meteor Planet (3 on 3 Booster Set)
==Hasbro==

Basically, kinda risky but it can go up against any combo with good chances of success.

Does Galaxy Zeus have any use on hold since in the thread it's mentions that gZ has potential burst attack so can it do good on attack combos utilizing hold such as Galaxy Zeus 0/2/4/7/8 Vortex/Star/Meteor/Bump/Glaive/Cross Hold?

or does it simply do good at just balance type combos
(Jan. 24, 2018  1:39 AM)mrvitobeygeek2 Wrote:
(Nov. 03, 2017  12:43 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Basically, kinda risky but it can go up against any combo with good chances of success.

Does Galaxy Zeus have any use on hold since in the thread it's mentions that gZ has potential burst attack so can it do good on attack combos utilizing hold such as Galaxy Zeus 0/2/4/7/8 Vortex/Star/Meteor/Bump/Glaive/Cross Hold?

Its teeth are just too weak to be used for pure Attack. The Burst attack it does have is enough to Burst Stamina Combinations with weak teeth but that's it
(Jan. 24, 2018  1:43 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Jan. 24, 2018  1:39 AM)mrvitobeygeek2 Wrote: Does Galaxy Zeus have any use on hold since in the thread it's mentions that gZ has potential burst attack so can it do good on attack combos utilizing hold such as Galaxy Zeus 0/2/4/7/8 Vortex/Star/Meteor/Bump/Glaive/Cross Hold?

Its teeth are just too weak to be used for pure Attack. The Burst attack it does have is enough to Burst Stamina Combinations with weak teeth but that's it
it makes sense since even though it has decent burst resistance, it would just burst to often if used with high speed tips, and the overall section states that it does not perform as consistently as other layers so that would basically be the reason it is good at balance customs only

(Jan. 24, 2018  1:43 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Jan. 24, 2018  1:39 AM)mrvitobeygeek2 Wrote: Does Galaxy Zeus have any use on hold since in the thread it's mentions that gZ has potential burst attack so can it do good on attack combos utilizing hold such as Galaxy Zeus 0/2/4/7/8 Vortex/Star/Meteor/Bump/Glaive/Cross Hold?

it makes sense since even though it has decent burst resistance, it would just burst to often if used with high speed tips, and the overall section states that it does not perform as consistently as other layers so that would basically be the reason it is good at balance customs only

sorry bout the double post my chromebook just randomly did that
would this be good on trans so you can switch from stanima to attack?
I think destroy can be added to that recommended combo too because gZ is quite good on it