Energy Layer: Dranzer S (Burst)

Quote:Dranzer S is an Energy Layer released as part of Beyblade's 15th Anniversary for the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the Limited Release Booster Dranzer S Spread Trans.

==Description==
The Energy Layer Dranzer S is an adaptation of the Double Wing Attack Ring and Dranzer Bit Chip from the original Plastic Generation meant for the Burst System. As such it features an overall elliptical shape with two bird heads and wings on either side which act as the main points of contact creating an aggresive, recoil heavy shape and an image of the Bit Beast Dranzer in the center. The only differences between the Energy Layer and the original Attack Ring is that the Layer is much thicker overall, the wings are more compact making the Layer somewhat smaller and the "Bit Chip" is non-removable. Dranzer S features teeth comparable to those on the Takara Tomy release of Nepstrius N2, however this leads to the downfall of this Energy Layer.

Similarly to Spryzen S2, the teeth of Dranzer S are unable to withstand the recoil that comes with the aggressive shape causing it to Burst itself very easily.

==Overall==
Due to Dranzer S' highly aggressive shape but short teeth, this Layer causes self Burst Finishes far too easily. As such it should never be considered for competitive use and should only be bought for collection purposes.

==Products==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-00 Dranzer S Spread Trans (blue)
Such a shame this Layer isn't good at all
Definitely a shame, but I would really place all the blame of its poor performance on the teeth alone. It is somewhat as circular as Deathscyther, so neither are very aggressive shapes in reality, therefore the only killer aspect is the teeth.
(Apr. 13, 2017  2:47 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Definitely a shame, but I would really place all the blame of its poor performance on the teeth alone. It is somewhat as circular as Deathscyther, so neither are very aggressive shapes in reality, therefore the only killer aspect is the teeth.

Wait really? Cause from all the images that I've seen it's REALLY elliptical with the Spread Disk (that's admittedly quite wide) sticking out from the sides that don't have the wings. And we already know from the Flash Fusion Wheel and the Manta Diver Attack Ring that elliptical shapes have insane levels of recoil.
Well I mean yes, it is not a circle, I did not express myself well hah. I just meant that there were no protrusions, from the sections that do exist. It is true that, looking at Flash again, that Metal Wheel does look to have even less protrusions than Dranzer S though hah. I cannot try Dranzer S right now, but from what I remember seeing, it just seemed to be less about recoil and aggression than just getting knocked at and skipping teeth, no?
(Apr. 13, 2017  3:10 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Well I mean yes, it is not a circle, I did not express myself well hah. I just meant that there were no protrusions, from the sections that do exist. It is true that, looking at Flash again, that Metal Wheel does look to have even less protrusions than Dranzer S though hah. I cannot try Dranzer S right now, but from what I remember seeing, it just seemed to be less about recoil and aggression than just getting knocked at and skipping teeth, no?

I think that recoil is just being eaten and absorbed by the teeth skipping. Something has be from the Layer's design and not just the teeth cause I've seen videos of it going up against Wild Wyvern, Storm Spriggan and Rising Ragnaruk, Beyblades with even worse teeth and still losing by Burst finish.
Bump, I need to know, does this Layer have recoil or is it purely the teeth's fault that it's so bad?
(Apr. 30, 2017  1:22 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Bump, I need to know, does this Layer have recoil or is it purely the teeth's fault that it's so bad?

The teeth cannot withstand the recoil it produces
(Apr. 30, 2017  1:22 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Bump, I need to know, does this Layer have recoil or is it purely the teeth's fault that it's so bad?

Check Mitsu's Dranzer S thread. While the teeth are decent/good, the attack points are so large that it cannot handle the massive recoil with it's given teeth, which makes it bad. Nothing can really fix this, and it's not viable for anything because of this weakness
(Apr. 30, 2017  3:43 AM)Hato Wrote: Check Mitsu's Dranzer S thread. While the teeth are decent/good, the attack points are so large that it cannot handle the massive recoil with it's given teeth, which makes it bad. Nothing can really fix this, and it's not viable for anything because of this weakness

Yeah, the reason I wanted confirmation is because Kai-V thought that the teeth alone were to blame while I thought that is was a combination of the teeth and shape.

So @[Kai-V], think this article is good enough to post?
Alright, as long as the relation between the teeth and the shape is clear, go ahead. Thank you for your work on it.
Again I don't really know how to format it and such, can someone do that for me? Sorry for the trouble
It looks good. Mission accomplished, hah. Could you just add the URL of the thread about Dranzer S so that it links to something more specific than the home page?
(May. 01, 2017  1:15 AM)Kai-V Wrote: It looks good. Mission accomplished, hah. Could you just add the URL of the thread about Dranzer S so that it links to something more specific than the home page?

Hmm, I can't seem to find that option in the part infobox, I've also checked other pages and they all lead to the home page as well. Should I just put the link in the references?
Dranzer s weighs 6.3g