Energy Layer: Draciel S (Burst)

Quote:Draciel S is an Energy Layer released as part of Beyblade's 15th Anniversary for the Burst System. It debuted with the release of Random Booster Vol. 5 Gigant Gaia Quarter Fusion.

==Description==
The Energy Layer Draciel S is an adaptation of the Cross Spike Attack Ring and Draciel Bit Chip from the Original Plastic Generation meant for the Burst System. As such is features an overall square/diamond shape with four projected turtle heads with flat spikes which act as the main contact points with an image of the Bit Beast Draciel in the center. The only differences between the Energy Layer and original Attack Ring is that the four turtle heads are more compact making the Layer somewhat smaller than the Attack Ring and the "Bit Chip" is non-removable. Draciel S features teeth comparable to those on the Takara Tomy release of Valtryek V2.

Despite the tall teeth, they cannot make up for the poor design of Draciel S. While the four turtle heads may give off the impression of high recoil, they act more like brakes, slowing the Beyblade down and in some cases causing it to Burst itself. That being said this Layer has shown some success in Attack combinations but overall is a risky and mediocre choice.

==Overall==
While some success has been shown with using Draciel S as an Attack type Layer, it's performance is very inconsistent and poor compared to other Layers such as Valtryek and Xcalius. Overall this Layer should only be bought for collection purposes.

==Products==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-67 Draciel S Central Press (Random Booster Vol. 5) (green)
I say for collection purposes but let's be honest, Draciel is probably a lot of people's least favorite Beyblade of the original four because of poor Attack Ring design
I do not remember seeing anybody really test Draciel S Burst Ver....
(Apr. 13, 2017  2:27 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I do not remember seeing anybody really test Draciel S Burst Ver....

Hmm, true. This was probably too early.
I was basing most of this off of LeoBurst's videos with him trying Draciel S as an Attack Type and it did have some success there. There are also videos from BBG and ZYeYo that had it kind just fall apart from a bunch of light contacts.
But LeoBurst also considers Driger S basically a top-tier Attack Layer, while nobody would use it in a tournament. There definitely needs to be more than one reliable source and tournament experience.
(Apr. 13, 2017  2:44 AM)Kai-V Wrote: But LeoBurst also considers Driger S basically a top-tier Attack Layer, while nobody would use it in a tournament. There definitely needs to be more than one reliable source and tournament experience.

That's all true. Should I close this down and wait for a testing thread?
I do not know, perhaps this will spur people to actually do the tests...
Draciel s weighs 7.3g
(Apr. 13, 2017  2:16 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Draciel Shield is an Energy Layer released as part of Beyblade's 15th Anniversary for the Burst System. It debuted with the release of Random Booster Vol. 5 Gigant Gaia Quarter Fusion.

==Description==
The Energy Layer Draciel Shield is an adaptation of the Cross Spike Attack Ring and Draciel Bit Chip from the Original Plastic Generation meant for the Burst System. As such is features an overall square/diamond shape with four projected turtle heads with flat spikes which act as the main contact points with an image of the Bit Beast Draciel in the center. The only differences between the Energy Layer and original Attack Ring is that the four turtle heads are more compact making the Layer somewhat smaller than the Attack Ring and the "Bit Chip" is non-removable. Draciel Shield features teeth comparable to those of the Takara Tomy Victory Valkyrie.

The pointed design of the Layer makes Draciel Shield ill-suited for Defense or Stamina combinations and instead function akin to a four pointed Xcalius. While this may imply high Attack potential, Draciel Shield is crippled by its hollow construction which makes it one of the lightest Layers in the game. The light weight creates low inertia, which when coupled with the high recoil design, leaves the teeth incapable of compensating and thus Draciel Shield is highly prone to Bursts.

==Overall==
Due to the light weight and recoil heavy design, Draciel Shield is too Burst prone to be competitive and as such is recommended for collection purposes 

==Products==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-67 Draciel S Central Press (Random Booster Vol. 5) (green)
I say for collection purposes but let's be honest, Draciel is probably a lot of people's least favorite Beyblade of the original four because of poor Attack Ring design
If you did the rubber band mod and made this bey unburstable it would be a attack monster
There is a translucent blue version of this layer in one of the random boosters if I a correct.
(Feb. 11, 2018  9:20 PM)MWF Wrote: There is a translucent blue version of this layer in one of the random boosters if I a correct.

That's already on the wiki