Energy Layer: Dark Deathscyther/Doomscizor D2

(May. 27, 2017  10:18 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(May. 27, 2017  8:29 AM)mj9 Wrote: The Hasbro version is outclass ed by unicrest, yegdrion and kerbeus.
Oh too bad it looked pretty cool.btw has anyone tested hasbro D2 as a staller?

I'm not sure but I assume it will be outclassed by those same layers
Two of my D2 layers broke at the exact same position, so I'm wondering if the detail about the transparent part of the layer being extremely fragile and breaking constantly would be useful.
(May. 27, 2017  4:34 PM)Bastillon Wrote: Two of my D2 layers broke at the exact same position, so I'm wondering if the detail about the transparent part of the layer being extremely fragile and breaking constantly would be useful.

I dunno, knowing where it breaks won't stop it from breaking
(May. 01, 2017  8:32 PM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Apr. 14, 2017  3:33 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Doomscizor D2, known as Dark Deathscyther in Japan, is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of Doomscizor D2 Force Jaggy on April 29, 2016

==Description==
Doomscizor D2, like its predecessor Doomscizor, is an Attack Type Layer that features four smooth sided, compact blades. Two of the blades are made of colored plastic with a sloped design that allow for small amounts of Upper Attack and Destabilization, the other two are made of transparent plastic and are not sloped, meant for Smash Attack. Despite being advertised as an Attack Type Layer, Doomscizor D2 does not perform well in Attack type combinations but excels in both Stamina and Defense combinations due to its incredibly round design. Because the blades are so compact the protrusions are incredibly shallow and create little recoil, that along with the layer's strong teeth makes it very resistant to Bursts and Knock-Outs. In comparison to its predecessor, Doomscizor D2's flywheel effect is not as great as Doomscizor, but it is still comparable and unlike Doomscizor, this Layer's teeth will not wear down with use.

However, Doomscizor D2 has a history of breaking and no mold variations have been released to solve that problem. It is recommended to have multiple copies of this layer and to be prepared to replace it.

==Use in Stamina Combinations==
Doomscizor D2 can be put to use in Stationary Stamina combinations such as Doomscizor D2 Spread/Gravity/Knuckle Revolve/Orbit. Due to Revolve's high procession time and Orbit's free rotating nature, the combinations are able to withstand hits without major stamina loss. In addition the wide ring around Revolve and Orbit's ball shaped tip give the combos great defensive properties as well.

In Mobile Stamina Customizations Doomscizor D2 is capable of outspinning opponents by avoiding contact with them like in combinations like Doomscizor D2 Spread/Gravity/Knuckle Accel/Zephyr.

==Overall==
Overall Doomscizor D2 is a top-tier and commonly available Energy Layer for Stamina combinations and has become a key part in the Burst metagame. However, because of this Layer's history of breaks every blader should own multiple copies of this Layer.

==Differences in the Hasbro Version==
In the Hasbro release of Doomscizor D2, the slopes of the Layer are very weak making it very burst prone and the flywheel effect is significantly reduced making it outclassed Stamina wise by other Layers such as Kerbeus and Yegdrion. Due to these changes, unlike the Takara Tomy release, the Hasbro release of Doomscizor D2 has poor performance in Attack, Defense and Stamina, thus making it suitable only for collection purposes.

==Products==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-42 Dark Deathscyther Force Jaggy (black)
  • B-61 Dark Deathscyther Jerk Orbit (Random Booster Vol 4) (translucent blue)
  • B-61 Dark Deathscyther Vertical Orbit (Random Booster Vol 4) (translucent yellow)
  • BG-05 Random Layer Collection Vol. 5 (translucent red)
  • Dark Deathscyther Triple Blow (Bloody Red ver.) (Lawson Lottery Big 4) (red and white)
  • Dark Deathscyther (Mirage Clear Ver.) (Lawson Lottery Big 4) (clear)
==Hasbro==
  • B____ Doomscizor D2 Force Jaggy (Black)
  • B____ Doomscizor D2 Force Jaggy (Maroon)
  • B____ Doomscizor D2 and Unicrest U2 Dual Pack - Doomscizor D2 Force Jaggy (Dark Green)
Okay, from the results of the Hasbro Burst RARELY Onto the Scene tournament and comments by 1234Beyblade and Kei, I've added a "Differences in the Hasbro Version" section.
Now I just need the numbers for the Hasbro releases of D2.

What do you guys think?

Edit: Hmm, if Dark Deathscyther does end up banned, I should probably change the Overall section to: "Overall Doomscizor D2 was a top-tier and commonly available Energy Layer for Stamina combinations and had become a key part in the Burst metagame up until being banned. Despite the ban however, because of this Layer's strong performance and history of breaks every blader should own multiple copies of this Layer."

(May. 13, 2017  11:59 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: One last update on the Overall section due to the recent ban on this part

i heard D2 has bad solo spin time then why do the suggested combos include stallers using this layer.
Where did you hear that? D2 stamina combos were dominating the metagame to the point of being banned.
(May. 30, 2017  1:14 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Where did you hear that? D2 stamina combos were dominating the metagame to the point of being banned.

someone in the blaze ragnarok testing thread told me that D2 had bad solo spin time but due to its slopes and small prostutions it chiped stamina of its opponent and win by os.also i know D2 stamina combnos were dominant but i dont think they were stallers.A layer with bad solo spin cant be good as a staller.
Bump, I really think this can be published but I have to get official confirmation
Bump, I really think this can be published but I have to get official confirmation
Wait, I'm not sure if the quote is old but Dark Deathsycther did have a different mold that tried to fix the problem. It was some littLe bars and thicker plastic in the blades on the aggressive side from RBV4.
(Jun. 17, 2017  7:59 PM)Mage Wrote: Wait, I'm not sure if the quote is old but Dark Deathsycther did have a different mold that tried to fix the problem. It was some littLe bars and thicker plastic in the blades on the aggressive side from RBV4.

Do you have pictures? I'd like to see
(Jun. 17, 2017  8:01 PM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Jun. 17, 2017  7:59 PM)Mage Wrote: Wait, I'm not sure if the quote is old but Dark Deathsycther did have a different mold that tried to fix the problem. It was some littLe bars and thicker plastic in the blades on the aggressive side from RBV4.

Do you have pictures? I'd like to see

If he's talking about the breakage problem, I have seen RBV4 D2 break. JoJo's broke in a battle with a Roktavor combo.
(Jun. 17, 2017  8:03 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote:
(Jun. 17, 2017  8:01 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Do you have pictures? I'd like to see

If he's talking about the breakage problem, I have seen RBV4 D2 break. JoJo's broke in a battle with a Roktavor combo.

But if what Mage said was true, I'd like to at least put "There has been one mold variation in an attempt to fix this issue where the plastic was made thicker and reinforced with bars. However this did not solve the breakage problem, it is recommended to find a second generation Layer and to be prepared to replace it"
(Jun. 17, 2017  8:06 PM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Jun. 17, 2017  8:03 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote: If he's talking about the breakage problem, I have seen RBV4 D2 break. JoJo's broke in a battle with a Roktavor combo.

But if what Mage said was true, I'd like to at least put "There has been one mold variation in an attempt to fix this issue where the plastic was made thicker and reinforced with bars. However this did not solve the breakage problem, it is recommended to find a second generation Layer and to be prepared to replace it"

That should work perfectly. Smile
D2(TT) weighs 7g.the original black one non reinforced.
(May. 01, 2017  8:32 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Doomscizor D2, known as Dark Deathscyther in Japan, is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of Doomscizor D2 Force Jaggy on April 29, 2016

==Description==
Doomscizor D2, like its predecessor Doomscizor, is an Attack Type Layer that features four smooth sided, compact blades. Two of the blades are made of colored plastic with a sloped design that allow for small amounts of Upper Attack and Destabilization, the other two are made of transparent plastic and are not sloped, meant for Burst Attack. Despite being advertised as an Attack Type Layer, Doomscizor D2 does not perform well in Attack type combinations but excels in both Stamina and Defense combinations due to its incredibly round design. Because the blades are so compact the protrusions are incredibly shallow and create little recoil, that along with the layer's strong teeth makes it very resistant to Bursts and Knock-Outs. In comparison to its predecessor, Doomscizor D2's flywheel effect is not as great as Doomscizor, but it is still comparable and unlike Doomscizor, this Layer's teeth will not wear down with use.

However, Doomscizor D2 has a history of breaking. There is one mold variation in an attempt to fix this issue where the plastic was made thicker and reinforced with bars. However this did not solve the breakage problem, it is recommended to find a second generation Layer and to be prepared to replace it

==Use in Stamina Combinations==
Doomscizor D2 can be put to use in Stationary Stamina combinations such as Doomscizor D2 Spread/Gravity/Knuckle Revolve/Orbit. Due to Revolve's high procession time and Orbit's free rotating nature, the combinations are able to withstand hits without major stamina loss. In addition the wide ring around Revolve and Orbit's ball shaped tip give the combos great defensive properties as well.

In Mobile Stamina Customizations Doomscizor D2 is capable of outspinning opponents by avoiding contact with them like in combinations like Doomscizor D2 Spread/Gravity/Knuckle Accel/Zephyr.

==Overall==
Overall Doomscizor D2 was a top-tier and commonly available Energy Layer for Stamina combinations and was a key part in the Burst metagame to the point of previously being banned. However, with the release of the much heavier Evolution/God Layers such as Alter Chronos and Maximum Garuda, Doomscizor D2's comparatively light weight makes it far less useful in the current metagame. As such, Doomscizor D2 is not a must have but a welcome addition to any blader's collection.

==Differences in the Hasbro Version==
In the Hasbro release of Doomscizor D2, the slopes of the Layer are very weak making it very burst prone and the flywheel effect is significantly reduced making it outclassed Stamina wise by other Layers such as Kerbeus and Yegdrion. Due to these changes, unlike the Takara Tomy release, the Hasbro release of Doomscizor D2 has poor performance in Attack, Defense and Stamina, thus making it suitable only for collection purposes.

==Products==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-42 Dark Deathscyther Force Jaggy (black)
  • B-61 Dark Deathscyther Jerk Orbit (Random Booster Vol 4) (translucent blue)
  • B-61 Dark Deathscyther Vertical Orbit (Random Booster Vol 4) (translucent yellow)
  • BG-05 Random Layer Collection Vol. 5 (translucent red)
  • Dark Deathscyther Triple Blow (Bloody Red ver.) (Lawson Lottery Big 4) (red and white)
  • Dark Deathscyther (Mirage Clear Ver.) (Lawson Lottery Big 4) (clear)
==Hasbro==
  • B____ Doomscizor D2 Force Jaggy (Black)
  • B____ Doomscizor D2 Force Jaggy (Maroon)
  • B____ Doomscizor D2 and Unicrest U2 Dual Pack - Doomscizor D2 Force Jaggy (Dark Green)

One last edit now that it's been unbanned
have u checked the latest testing of hasbro d2 it did pretty well in them
(Sep. 23, 2017  10:19 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: have u checked the latest testing of hasbro d2 it did pretty well in them

Still not top tier compared to other stuff
(Sep. 24, 2017  12:43 AM)mj9 Wrote:
(Sep. 23, 2017  10:19 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: have u checked the latest testing of hasbro d2 it did pretty well in them

Still not top tier compared to other stuff

But decent enough to be used as an alternative