Energy Layer: Acid Anubis/Anubion A2

Quote:Anubion A2, known in Japan as Acid Anubius, is an Energy Layer released as part of the Dual Layer System. It debuted with the release of the B-71 Booster Acid Anubis Yell Orbit on February 18th, 2017.

==Description==
Anubion A2 is a round and slim Energy layer design for defense. The center of the Layer depicts a jackal like its name sake, the Egyptian god of the afterlife Anubis.

Consisting of a colored, six segmented bottom layer and a clear, six pointed top layer, every segment of the bottom layer has four small protrusions and each gap between the segments is filled in with one of the points of the top layer.

Due to the round design of the Layer, Anubion A2 has little recoil and decent defensive properties and its weight distribution gives the Layer a strong Flywheel effect and stamina. Furthermore, the small bumps on Anubion A2 allows for some degree of destabilization akin to Doomscizor D2. However, Anubion A2's Burst resistance lags behind Wyvron and Neptune due to the Takara Tomy release's average teeth and lack of deflectional blades.

==Overall==
Anubion A2 is a great Layer for Stamina customizations, capable of outspinning commonly used Layers such as Odax, Neptune and Wyvron with its ability to destabilize the opponent and strong Flywheel Effect. While lagging behind in terms of Defensive properties compared to the aforementioned Layers, Anubion A2's ability to counter top-tier Defense and Stamina Layers makes it a must have for competitive bladers.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-71 Acid Anubis Yell Orbit (blue and gold)
==Hasbro==

I'd like to add a Combination but I don't know enough about it to make any calls, if someone can bring back the Testing Thread for Acid Anubis, that would be great.
(May. 02, 2017  6:32 PM)MonoDragon Wrote:
Quote:Anubion A2, known in Japan as Acid Anubius, is an Energy Layer released as part of the Dual Layer System. It debuted with the release of the B-71 Booster Acid Anubis Yell Orbit on February 18th, 2017.

==Description==
Anubion A2 is a round and slim Energy layer design for defense. The center of the Layer depicts a jackal like its name sake, the Egyptian god of the afterlife Anubis.

Consisting of a colored, six segmented bottom layer and a clear, six pointed top layer, every segment of the bottom layer has four small protrusions and each gap between the segments is filled in with one of the points of the top layer, which noticeably sticks up from the rest of the layer.

Due to the round design of the Layer, Anubion A2 has little recoil and great defensive properties in ideal conditions. However, this layer exhibits two major weaknesses, the teeth of the Takara Tomy release and the pointed top layer. When stable, Anubion A2's teeth can withstand the low recoil, but when knocked off balance, the large protrusions the clear layer creates will come into contact with the opposing Beyblade, the teeth of the Layer will then be unable to withstand the resulting recoil and Anubion A2 will become very likely to lose by Burst Finish. Thus when using this Energy Layer, it is critical to pair it with a Performance Tip with great stability.

Anubion A2 can perform as a semi-successful counter to Xcalius as the small protrusions will cause Xcalius to self-Burst. However, the most common result of such a match up is a draw by Burst.

==Overall==
While Anubion A2 can show some success in ideal conditions with is low recoil, due to the average teeth and recoil the top layer creates, Anubion A2 is outclassed my many other Energy Layers such as Dark Doomscizor and Wyvron. Furthermore, its potential as a counter against Xcalius is limited and niche. Thus this Energy Layer is recommended only for collection purposes only.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
==Hasbro==

Some small edits, I got Acid Anubis and Xcalibur recently and I've been getting Double Bursts after Double Bursts between them, even with different Disks.
Acid Anubis was actually used several times over the past weekend in the combo Acid Anubis Spread Revolve, people discovered it had more Stamina than Neptune (and possibly Odin, it OSed my Odin Heavy Defense two out of three times) and also had a chance of winning against Drain Fafnir combos. Due to the bad teeth however, it's probably not a very safe choice against Attack types, or anything with a more aggressive design than Neptune, Odin, or Drain Fafnir. I also wouldn't consider it a counter to Xcalibur if the battles mainly end in double bursts.

I still think the part about it bursting more when off-balance is just speculation, in the testing thread the only post that mentions this is your own, and NEET no Kami's observations about it working best with sharp tips and not with Orbit or Weight seem to indicate that the opposite is true.
(May. 30, 2017  7:57 PM)Wombat Wrote: I still think the part about it bursting more when off-balance is just speculation, in the testing thread the only post that mentions this is your own, and NEET no Kami's observations about it working best with sharp tips and not with Orbit or Weight seem to indicate that the opposite is true.

Hmm, I might try to test that, however I don't have a Takara Tomy Stadium and not many Takara Tomy Beyblades (yet, I have a Premia Set coming in the mail any day now), though I do have Hasbro. Would Hasbro work for this kind of test?

Basically I launch off balance on purpose and set up A2 against another defense type layer like K2 and see if it Bursts from that kind of contact.
(May. 31, 2017  1:33 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(May. 30, 2017  7:57 PM)Wombat Wrote: I still think the part about it bursting more when off-balance is just speculation, in the testing thread the only post that mentions this is your own, and NEET no Kami's observations about it working best with sharp tips and not with Orbit or Weight seem to indicate that the opposite is true.

Hmm, I might try to test that, however I don't have a Takara Tomy Stadium and not many Takara Tomy Beyblades (yet, I have a Premia Set coming in the mail any day now), though I do have Hasbro. Would Hasbro work for this kind of test?

Basically I launch off balance on purpose and set up A2 against another defense type layer like K2 and see if it Bursts from that kind of contact.

I think Hasbro would work fine for the test.

The way you plan on testing this sounds good, but what's kind of an issue with something like this is that it's more of a qualitative observation of the Beyblade's performance and not exactly easy to quantify. That doesn't mean it can't be proven though, it just needs to be observed by multiple people.
(May. 02, 2017  6:32 PM)MonoDragon Wrote:

==Description==

Consisting of a colored, six segmented bottom layer and a clear, six pointed top layer, every segment of the bottom layer has four small protrusions and each gap between the segments is filled in with one of the points of the top layer.

Due to the round design of the Layer, Anubion A2 has little recoil and decent defensive properties and its weight distribution gives the Layer a strong Flywheel effect and stamina. Furthermore, the small bumps on Anubion A2 allows for some degree of destabilization akin to Doomscizor D2. However, Anubion A2's Burst resistance lags behind Wyvron and Neptune due to the Takara Tomy release's average teeth and lack of deflectional blades.

==Overall==
Anubion A2 is a great Layer for Stamina customizations, capable of outspinning commonly used Layers such as Odax, Neptune and Wyvron with its ability to destabilize the opponent and strong Flywheel Effect. While lagging behind in terms of Defensive properties compared to the aforementioned Layers, Anubion A2's ability to counter top-tier Defense and Stamina Layers makes it a must have for competitive bladers.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
==Hasbro==

I'd like to add a Combination but I don't know enough about it to make any calls, if someone can bring back the Testing Thread for Acid Anubis, that would be great.

REH! Edited instead of replied.
for combos i think A2 spread revolve would be good 1234beyblade used it against wyvern in one of his videos also A2 gravity trans is placed in tournament winning combos.
I tested A2.S.R a while ago, too, and it's really good. Smile
(Jun. 17, 2017  10:26 PM)TL14 Wrote: I tested A2.S.R a while ago, too, and it's really good. :)

can u try it on yeilding?cuz yeilding provides good stamina and also awsome burst defense.
(Jun. 18, 2017  1:28 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jun. 17, 2017  10:26 PM)TL14 Wrote: I tested A2.S.R a while ago, too, and it's really good. Smile

can u try it on yeilding?cuz yeilding provides good stamina and also awsome burst defense.

Revolve has better stamina than yielding
(Jun. 18, 2017  1:47 AM)mj9 Wrote:
(Jun. 18, 2017  1:28 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: can u try it on yeilding?cuz yeilding provides good stamina and also awsome burst defense.

Revolve has better stamina than yielding

but yeilding has better burst defense which this layer needs.
(Jun. 18, 2017  3:10 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jun. 18, 2017  1:47 AM)mj9 Wrote: Revolve has better stamina than yielding

but yeilding has better burst defense which this layer needs.

The difference is only minimal because sharp tips usually only have a small point which they make contact with the stadium floor. Even when the Bey is on it's side the Revolve still has the upper hand because it can roll on it's ring while Yielding makes direct contact. In addition to that Yieldings tip starts to get loose over time because some layers are unbalanced and vibrate while spinning. This makes the bey with the wobbly Yielding lose stamina which can cost one the match.
(Jun. 18, 2017  3:37 PM)TL14 Wrote:
(Jun. 18, 2017  3:10 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: but yeilding has better burst defense which this layer needs.

The difference is only minimal because sharp tips usually only have a small point which they make contact with the stadium floor. Even when the Bey is on it's side the Revolve still has the upper hand because it can roll on it's ring while Yielding makes direct contact. In addition to that Yieldings tip starts to get loose over time because some layers are unbalanced and vibrate while spinning. This makes the bey with the wobbly Yielding lose stamina which can cost one the match.

oh ok i didnt knew that yeilding gets lose.does this happen to every yeilding or is this some mold difference .back on topic has anyone tested A2 as a staller?
(Jun. 18, 2017  4:08 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jun. 18, 2017  3:37 PM)TL14 Wrote: The difference is only minimal because sharp tips usually only have a small point which they make contact with the stadium floor. Even when the Bey is on it's side the Revolve still has the upper hand because it can roll on it's ring while Yielding makes direct contact. In addition to that Yieldings tip starts to get loose over time because some layers are unbalanced and vibrate while spinning. This makes the bey with the wobbly Yielding lose stamina which can cost one the match.

oh ok i didnt knew that yeilding gets lose.does this happen to every yeilding or is this some mold difference .back on topic has anyone tested A2 as a staller?

It happens with every Yielding when you use it with Xeno Xcalibur for example.
A2 weighs 8.7g(The purple one from RB7)
(May. 02, 2017  6:32 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Anubion A2, known in Japan as Acid Anubis, is an Energy Layer released as part of the Dual Layer System. It debuted with the release of the B-71 Booster Acid Anubis Yell Orbit on February 18th, 2017.

==Description==

==Overall==
Anubion A2 is a great Layer for Stamina customizations, capable of outspinning commonly used Layers such as Odax, Neptune and Wyvron with its ability to destabilize the opponent and strong Flywheel Effect. However, with its weak Burst resistance and the release of the much heavier Evolution Layers such as Guardian Kerbeus and Maximum Garuda, Anubion A2 has become outclassed. As such, this part is for collection purposes only.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-87 Acid Anubis 8Vortex Loop (Random Booster Vol. 7) (purple and blue)
==Hasbro==

Oh Acid Anubis, your glory days were too short