Tier 2 Stamina?
28.57%
Tier 1 Defense?
23.81%
Tier 2 Defense?
25.40%
Total: 100% 63 vote(s)
(Oct. 28, 2011  12:54 PM)Blitz Unicorno Wrote:
(Oct. 28, 2011  12:46 PM)Kaiba Hiwatari Wrote: Oh, and attack generally beats stamina.

Earth Bull H145R2F is an anti-meta combo, not an attack combo.

IMO, anti-metas can be generalized as attack combos. They use an attack-oriented Track and/or Bottom, causing them to act like an attack type in battle.
(Oct. 28, 2011  12:49 PM)Arupaeo Wrote: You launched an R2F combo with sliding shoot in a balance stadium? Usually attackers immediately self-KO in that stadium unless you are launching at like 30-40%...

In terms of evaluating Earth's usefulness (and there are plenty of people who think it is still very useful) it would be helpful if you did parallel testing alongside Basalt, Scythe, and Phantom. For example, take all of the testing you've done on the earth combos in this thread, and then test them again - except instead of using Earth you use Basalt. Repeat for Scythe, and do the same for Phantom. Then you can compare the results side by side to see the impact the metal wheel has in isolation of all other factors.

IMO, this is a great idea!
Earth has been useful since the time it was released.
Just that there were parts which simply outranked its performance.
Also, the greater range and power of attack types has also left Earth in the underused category.
Overall, IMO- It is OK to test Earth out again, but I am certain the ones listed by Arupaeo for parallel testing will be WAY better.
shirish- That is surprising.... Lightning usually did not lose so badly to Earth. For some reason, I am 90% sure that your R²F is from the Hasbro Galaxy Pegy... Please let us know which R²F you are using.
Also, your attack types have no MFs... The recoil will cost them the match!
Earth is devastated in Defense as long as Basalt is on the list.
IIRC it was reinstated to Stamina with most of those combinations mentioned being present, except for B:D.
yep, especially for the AD145 SD combo, takes out Basalt easy peasy.

Phantom B: D (4 min mold) lost to my Earth ED145 RF, so easily. Earth can also take a better beating than Basalt vs VariAres
That doesn't make it better: Basalt's pure weight is better than Earth's minutely low recoil for Defense.
Earth is a great anti-meta wheel but I still think Basalt is better, for the reason just mentioned.

Plus, we don't even have an anti-meta section in the tier list, as much as I'd like more diversity.
(Oct. 28, 2011  3:47 PM)Izuma Inzori Wrote: yep, especially for the AD145 SD combo, takes out Basalt easy peasy.

Phantom B: D (4 min mold) lost to my Earth ED145 RF, so easily. Earth can also take a better beating than Basalt vs VariAres

4 min mold??? there haven't been mold variations of phantom... if you are referring to the stamp 'A1, A2, A3, A4' those are places in the individual mold... they have nothing to do with time in the mold...
There have been molds of B:D which is what he is referring to since it is mentioned directly after B:D, not Phantom, and the molds do affect spin-time.
Arupaeo - Well, even i thought at first that whether R2F is any good specifically in the balance stadium, but my R2F is now far from mint condition but is good enough for achieving good speeds with beyblades of any weight. And i admit i wasnt shooting the attack combo at 100%, but I wasnt shooting it at below 50% either. It must have been around 70-80%. Also I forgot to mention that I currently dont have a basalt, scythe or phantom (my fault :p). Thats why i am asking someone else to do it.
Janstarblast - My main observation was that Lightning made a majority of the contact with the BD145 track, which is a really good shock absorber. Also, whatever weight Earth has, combined with the grip of RS is what I believe made the defense combo handle Lightning that well. Also, you see most of the wins for the defense combo were outspins, and that means there wasnt much recoil-KOs for the attack combos (also this is R2F, and has more grip than RF, so that also lessens the recoil). Btw, yes you are right. I am using the Hasbro Galaxy peg's R2F. Why? Is there a difference between the Hasbro and TT versions ? If so, please tell me 'cause i dont know of any such difference...
Yes, the Hasbro R²F is known to have a random bar which makes it Tornado stall randomly. Which means, its bad for attackers.
I guessed it by the fact that you might be an Indian as your name is Indian. So, I thought you bought the Hasbro one. Tongue_out I do know that you might have bought your beys online so there was chance of you using TT beys, but still. Smile LOL!
No wonder most were OS. If R²F tornado stalls, then of course its gonna lose all its stamina soon enough!
(Oct. 28, 2011  5:17 AM)Izuma Inzori Wrote: Bad yes, try to KO it with an attack type, you will get thrown out IIRC from freeplay with Destroy24

MF-H Earth Kerbecs BD145 RS vs MF Lightning L-Drago CH120 (145) LRF
EK: 19/20 (15 OS 4 KO)
LLD: 1/20 (ultra lucky KO)

2 Draws
so? wanna still think Earth isnt Tier 1 Defense? seesh, even HellBD145RB does worse than it.

um Lightning combos are pretty outdated. Vari Ares or Blitz combos would probably take that out with not much trouble. Also no one in their right mind would use an RS defence combo in a tourney. Also Phantom and Scythe clearly outperform Earth in stamina by a significant margin so it really should be tier 1 since in the tiers they are all supposed to be of similar ability which is clearly not true if Earth is top tier for stamina. Also the poll is quite badly designed. It clearly belongs in both stamina and defence. You should have to pick between them. You're deluded if you think Earth belongs in tier 1 stamina or defence.
.. don't use CH145. Ever.
Not to mention you can just tornado stall since BD145RS blows.
(Oct. 28, 2011  4:48 PM)Dan Wrote: There have been molds of BGrin which is what he is referring to since it is mentioned directly after BGrin, not Phantom, and the molds do affect spin-time.

There are different molds of phantom. I read it in a UK tournament thread.
Perhaps there are, I didn't say there weren't.
Oh whoops, I meant to quote gibsonmac's post, since he said it.
There are 2 molds of Phantom IIRC, one is smooth and the other is rather spiked. the molds of B: D IIRC are A1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 correct me if i am wrong.

My B: D is off balance on Phantom but works like a charm on Earth, any reason why?
Would anyone like testing for MF Earth Bull BD145CS vs Variares H145/D125RF? It is the best I can do because my CH120 is broken.
In my opinion, I think the combo Earth Bull D125WD should be on the list because of it's stamina capabilities used to outspin many beys, one of them include Scythe Kronos BD145EDS. Not sure about defense though.
use D125 for the meantime, test against Basalt BD145 and Earth BD145, see the diffrence
I don't have 2 BD145s so I'll test Earth Bull D125WD against Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS.
I'll put the results up soon
(Oct. 29, 2011  1:56 AM)KiLL_SwiTcH Wrote: Would anyone like testing for MF Earth Bull BD145CS vs Variares H145/D125RF? It is the best I can do because my CH120 is broken.

Do you guys want this testing?
Eh, if Vari can get good win rates vs Basalt, I can kind of predict the outcome of Vari vs Earth. Then again, it's always good to give it the benefit of the doubt and test it. Smile
MFH Earth Bull BD145CS vs MF VariAres CH120RF
Earth 1-10
Vari 9-10

Earth 10%

MFH Earth Bull BD145CS vs MF Blitz Herculeo S130RF
Earth 0-10
Blitz 10-10

Earth 0%

MFH Earth Bull BD145CS vs MF LLD CH120RF
Earth 0-10
LLD 10-10

Earth 0%

MFH Earth Bull bd145CS vs MF Beat Lynx GB145RF
Earth 2-10
Beat 8-10

Earth 20%

Earth avg against the field >>> 15%
Doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Should I still do tests just to ensure Earth is no longer competitively viable?
Might as well put the 'final nail in the coffin'
sorry, I just pried one out.

MF-H Earth Kerbecs BD145 CS vs MF VariAres CH120 LRF
EK: 9/20 (All OS)
VA: 11/20 (All KO)

compared to Basalt

MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145 CS vs MF VariAres CH120 LRF
BK: 7/20 (1 KO 6 OS)
VA: 13/20 (All KOs)

I am shocked also, Earth can take hits better than Basalt.