22.22%
Tier 2 Stamina?
28.57%
Tier 1 Defense?
23.81%
Tier 2 Defense?
25.40%
Total: 100% 63 vote(s)
k, Earth belongs on Tier 1 Defense and stamina, or Tier 2 for both?

I can very well vouch that MF-H Earth Kerbecs BD145 RB will stand against even VariAres quite well, same goes when it goes against Blitz. Against Lightning, that combo should wreck havoc. Earth belongs in Tier 1 Defense and Stamina.

Combos that Earth will perform in:

Defense:
- MF-H Earth Kerbecs BD145 RB

Stamina:
- MF-L Earth Bull/Orion AD145 SD
- MF-L Earth Bull/Orion B: D
- MF-L Earth Bull/Orion 100 WD/D/SD

Anti-Meta Attack:
-MF-H Earth Kerbecs 100/CH120/BD145 RF

Tests away. Let's save the 'Earth' in terms of global and beyblades Grin
Okay, there is so not enough weight(too balanced as well) in earth for it to be useful as anti-meta... and I think it's time has surely past for tier status above 3... Phantom/Libra/Basalt/Bakushin/Hell/Scythe even Jade do a better job in defense, and pretty much the same list beat is in stamina as well...

you should post 20+ round tests for Earth BD145MB against all the top attackers if you think it should be Top Tier, then do comparisons with the other wheels mentioned plus BD145MB to see how earth stacks up... that is the only way you will convince people, and of course ask others to contribute as well.
I will try to test with BD145MB as a stamina combo as soon as I get home Grin
I will see how it stands agains LLD BD145RF
Earth is finished for defense IMO it has not placed in tournaments with CS , it cannot even mange a 40% win rate against the good attackers nowdays. So really what is the point in using it when there are way better options.

For stamina I say it is a decent wheel but it cannot beat Basalt , Scythe , Phantom and Hell. Overall it is not worth in tier 1 for anything Even if Earth BD145RB is good Scythe , Basalt Libra and Phantom on BD145RB will do so much better.
tru doing MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145 calm CS or MB vs Earth AD145 SD who wins? I get 100% win rates for Earth. Antimeta: try it first, dont talk, it decimated Blitz and VariAres when on RF, IIRC.

I dont have MB/RB but i have CS.

EDIT: If you want proof, the next tournament here (after Halloween Horror), I will be using Earth against Basalt +CS/RB/MB and an attack type against everything else. if i place. I made my point, Earth is good.
If you bank Basalt Earth gets KOed. Well have you tried stalling the attack wheel? I can get very good win rates with Gravity against Earth on RF , so I have tried it.

How would you know if you are versing a basalt CS/RB/MB? Testing would be nice to back up all your claims.
Earth is a very excellent Anti-Meta combo against attackers like Blitz and Vari Ares...i posted some tests in Vari Ares and Blitz discussion..(going to check)
MF-H Basalt 230 CS is spammed here in indo, i can very well guess what my opponents are using. and Destory24 just confirmed, his MF Basalt Kerbecs BD145 RF couldnt win against my earth combo i told him to make, and yeah, RF..... (he doesnt have CS)

Thanks Benjo
H8R testings on Earth as Anti-Meta and Defence
mine
you need more proof? H8R can be trusted IMO, my VariAres hasnt arrived yet (still) once i get it, will test ofc. Earth is viable. nuff said

and what did Basalt get may i ask? earth getting 17/20 is impressive ya know, similar to the Lightning L-Drago of defense. (from release till current still has competitive use)
Against Vari Ares..
(Sep. 15, 2011  9:31 PM)Benjohadi Wrote: all left spin used for Vari..
i decide to try anti meta combos on vari..XD

MF-H Vari Ares 85 LRF VS MF-H Earth BD145 RF
Vari : 8/20 (1 OS, 1 self KO, the rest KO)
Earth : 12/20 (4self KO, 5 KO, 3 OS)
Vari win % : 40%
Earth win % : 60%

MF-H Vari Ares BD145 LRF VS MF-H Earth GB145 RF
Vari : 5/20 (1 self KO, the rest KO)
Earth : 15/20 (1self KO, 8 KO, 5 OS)
Vari win % : 25%
Earth win % : 75%

MF-H Vari Ares BD145 LRF VS MF-H Earth BD145 RF
Vari : 10/20 ( 1 self KO, the rest KO)
Earth : 10/20 (1self KO, 4 KO, 5 OS)
Vari win % : 50%
Earth win % : 50%

MF-H Vari Ares 130 LRF VS MF-H Earth GB145 RF
Vari : 7/20 (1 OS, 6 KO)
Basalt : 13/20 (1self KO, 11 KO, 1 OS)
Vari win % : 35%
Earth win % : 65%
what more proof do ya need?! Benjo and H8R have proven that Earth is very good for BD145 RS and excellent for Anti-Meta against the attack trumps!

Basalt does worse than Earth

(Sep. 19, 2011  4:50 AM)Galaxy4ever Wrote: Alright here are my testing for the night.......This should finalize the whole Basalt spamming With BD145....

Equipment
RS Testing....
RSF Testing
Testing is way different to a tournament situation and did you notice that basalt is on a CS? Which would mean if basalt is on an RF that results would be the same , there is also the fact of banking if you stall the attack combo against an anti-meta the results are completely different. MF Basalt Kerbecs BD145RF is bad...
Bad yes, try to KO it with an attack type, you will get thrown out IIRC from freeplay with Destroy24

MF-H Earth Kerbecs BD145 RS vs MF Lightning L-Drago CH120 (145) LRF
EK: 19/20 (15 OS 4 KO)
LLD: 1/20 (ultra lucky KO)

2 Draws
so? wanna still think Earth isnt Tier 1 Defense? seesh, even HellBD145RB does worse than it.
Hell is bad at defense give me 10 minutes and I will gets some tests up with that exact combo against an attack wheel with no metal face.
uhhhh, duh? Hell is worse yet BOTH are in Tier 2, compare HellBD145 to Earth BD145. Earth trumps way more. finito.
Yeah earth is better then hell , thunder is also better then hell.

I cannot test as I can't find my metal face but I played around with it with no MF-H on it RS seemed to be doing all the work not Earth so then I tried basalt on the exact same combo and it was way better same with Libra. But how on earth can you only get 1 KO against it? Are you sure you are banking correctly?
I can KO MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230 CS with Hell Cancer 90 RF, you doubt my skills with LRF/RF/R2F?
Here are my tests -
MFB Balance stadium
Beylauncher L/R
Attack custom launched second
No weak launches
Attack custom with sliding shoot
Earth mold 2
Earth Kerbecs BD145RS vs Gravity Perseus 100R2F (Left spin, counter mode)
Earth Kerbecs - 9 wins (7 os, 2 ko)
Gravity Perseus - 1 win (1 ko)
Win %= 90%

Earth Kerbecs BD145RS vs Lightning L-Drago 100R2F (Upper mode)
Earth kerbecs - 7 wins (7 os)
LLD - 3 wins (3 ko)
win %= 70%
As is evident from these tests, BD145, with the grip of RS, and weight of Earth, is a brilliant shock absorber. So, I think that Earth (at least in this combo against low attackers) is far from obsolete. I also have a Vulcan but its fake Unhappy . But if you want, i can test against that too.

Earth Kerbecs GB145RS vs Lightning L-Drago BD145R2F (upper mode)
Earth Kerbecs - 4 wins (4 os)
LLD. - 6 wins (5 ko, 1 os by the luckiest of margins)
Win %= 40%
This was bound to happen, as I removed the all important BD145 from the defense combo, so that certainly proves that Earth needs a BD145 to work well.
I was also readind Mc Frown's thread about H145. So I decided to test that too -
Earth Kerbecs BD145RS vs Lightning L-Drago H145R2F (Upper mode)
Earth Kerbecs - 5 wins (4 os, 1 ko)
LLD. - 5 wins (5 ko)
Win %= 50%
Not bad, is it ? This combo was dealing some really hard hits because each time the beys collided, it was track vs track and metal wheel vs metal wheel. So i think H145 IS an overlooked part.
Back to topic, Earth did a fairly good job of defending itself against various attackers, without a metal face (yes, WITHOUT). Also, tests coming up -
Earth combo vs LDrago Destroy
Earth combo vs right spin attackers
do 20 tests next time but still, thanks for the tests. just goes to show that Earth is tournament viable. unless Death will bring its destruction XD
How does this show it is tournament viable do you see any of those combos being used a tournaments? The last 2 might be used a bit but go pretty bad win rates.

You can KO it by not banking? As that is what you stated in the tiers list , anyway there are many factors that could happen were you could get a KO against Basalt 230CS its not really that hard to KO anyway.
Anyone talking anti-meta attack ?
Beylauncher L/R
MFB Balance stadium
No weak launches
Attack custom launched second
Attack custom with sliding shoot
Earth Bull H145R2F vs Hell Kerbecs BD145WD (boost mode)
Earth Bull. - 14 wins (1 os, 13 ko !!)
Hell Kerbecs - 6 wins ( 6 os)
Win %= 70%
My reaction was like "oh hello- where did this come from???" as this thing smashed around my best stamina combo. But still, I am not sure of its true capabilities because Kerbecs is getting replaced by more and more Scythes and Phantoms. And, as anyone can guess, some of the KOs were 'cause of Hell's recoil, but Earth combined with its track and fast moving bottom did most of the job.
Still, I request someone to do a Earth bull H145RF/ R2F vs the following -
Phantom orion B:D
Basalt Bull GB145/ BD145 CS/MB
Scythe bull 230D/WD
Please can someone do these tests ?
(BTW this Earth combo was just a result of me playing around with random customs. I dont make any claims that this IS a competitively viable custom.)
You shouldn't really be surprised it got that many KOs on it. Hell BD145WD has a carp ton of recoil.
Oh, and attack generally beats stamina.

Aaaanyway, I'll try to do some testing for Earth Kerbecs BD145RS when I get home from school.
You launched an R2F combo with sliding shoot in a balance stadium? Usually attackers immediately self-KO in that stadium unless you are launching at like 30-40%...

In terms of evaluating Earth's usefulness (and there are plenty of people who think it is still very useful) it would be helpful if you did parallel testing alongside Basalt, Scythe, and Phantom. For example, take all of the testing you've done on the earth combos in this thread, and then test them again - except instead of using Earth you use Basalt. Repeat for Scythe, and do the same for Phantom. Then you can compare the results side by side to see the impact the metal wheel has in isolation of all other factors.
(Oct. 28, 2011  12:46 PM)Kaiba Hiwatari Wrote: Oh, and attack generally beats stamina.

Earth Bull H145R2F is an anti-meta combo, not an attack combo.