ES as a defense bottom

i knw this has been stated b4 and has been turned down cuz it was just so darn stoopid. now with the release of 230, it seems it is able to destroy a top tier attack type.
that attack type is MF pegasus 145RF here are the results.
MF Gravity Perseus (right spin defense) 230ES VS. MF pegasus 145 RF
I used takara tomy standard stadium, beylauncher, and both beys were launched at the same time.
1. Gravity perseus by OS
2. Gravity perseus by OS
3. perseus by KO
4. perseus by OS
5.Pegasus by KO
6.Draw
7. Pegasus by OS
8. Perseus by OS
9.Draw
10. Pegasus. by KO
now that doesn't seem rite but i'm being completely honest!
MF-H earth bull 230ES VS. MF pegasus 145 RF
1.bull by ko
2. bull by Ko
3. bull by OS
4. pegasus KO
5.bull by OS
6.bull by OS
7.pegasus by KO
8.draw
9.pegasus by KO
10.bull.
These are more belivable cuz its bull, but its still pretty stange. With the release of EWD, im excited to see how it will work with this combo.
These results aren't much because 230 is still so dominant.
Hmm. I beleive CS works just as well Uncertain
(Dec. 16, 2010  11:39 PM)|Joe| Wrote: These results aren't much because 230 is still so dominant.
yeh i know thats why i said the release of it has made it so awesome
and to ^ yeh i agree but this is mostly to show that 230 is awesome and that ES CAN act as a defenser
CS is pretty beast when compared to WB, to be honest. ES Though..? Test it with GB and even C. (145's)
i will. and yeh haven't you noticed? lots of ppl have been posting this topic, but with no results.
i also wanna stress that this thread isnt wholly for the purpose of making a good kombo for ES. it is also becoz of the upcoming release EWD. if the defense on Es is ok, then we may be able to predict EWD's capabilities
i also MF-H did Bull c145 ES
1. Bull
2. bull
3. draw
4.pegasus
5.bull
6. pegasus
7.pegasus
8.draw
9. bull
10. bull
so not bad but not really good either. this shows how awesome 230 is
the results are nerfed due to the stadium used, and moreover, ES simply is not good enough to provide defensive capabilities... especially when it is too busy struggling with balance in the first place.
u do realize the stadium IS legal rite? it is balanced mode, and isnt it just a new type of balance stadium? unless im misunderstanding what "nerfed" means. and try it urself, it's better than one would think
The Attack Type Beystadium is still better for testing.

Try against a Lightning L Drago combination.
(Dec. 17, 2010  2:03 AM)lightninglibraX Wrote: u do realize the stadium IS legal rite? it is balanced mode, and isnt it just a new type of balance stadium? unless im misunderstanding what "nerfed" means. and try it urself, it's better than one would think

of course I understand... after all I can read the rules... (I'm not saying you can't theres just been an overly huge amount of random threads/posts today sorry if I come across as harsh). I was juts saying the "standard" for testing is an attack stadium as of right now.
OHHH ok lol i guess i didnt understand the word nerfed. :p. and yeh i knw its just i cant get one rite now. ok what ldrago combo? CH120RF? or 90RF?
(Dec. 17, 2010  2:24 AM)lightninglibraX Wrote: OHHH ok lol i guess i didnt understand the word nerfed. :p. and yeh i knw its just i cant get one rite now. ok what ldrago combo? CH120RF? or 90RF?
Lightning L Drago is cool on all levels. Although, probably CH120RF, or 100RF.
lol cool? heh alrite ill do 100RF, since i dont like CH120
EDIT: i probly wont be able to do these tests until late tomoz. unfortunately i have to go to a funeral b4 skool, attend skool, then be swarmed by weekend HW. so gimme some time. (not that u were waiting)
ok here is da results!
lightning l-drago 100RF VS MF-H Earth Bull GB145ES
1.L-drago
2.bull
3. bull
4. bull
5.l-drago by OS
6.bull
7. L-drago
8.L-drago
9.bull
10.bull
11. bull
12.bull
13. L-drago
14.L-drago
15.bull
16.L-drago
17.bull
18.L-drago
19.Bull
20.Bull
So it still seem to be doing well, but this combo seems to be doing better than pegasus. Also one thing i noticed was that bull had trouble balancing itself after an attack, so it lost spin. thats why one of l-drago's wins was by out spin. so hopefully EWD will be able to fill that flaw
By nerfed he means it is gonna perform better than it would in attack stadium so I doubt these results show much.
yeh yeh true, but this still shows that it works well in a balance stadium which is legal in WBO tournaments, meaning it could happen
Yes but the attack stadium is best and another thing is that in all the tournaments i've ever been to the attack stadium was the only one used....
(Dec. 24, 2010  8:50 PM)lightninglibraX Wrote: ok here is da results!
metal face lightning l-drago 100RF VS MF-H Earth Bull GB145ES
1.L-drago
2.bull
3. bull
4. bull
5.l-drago by OS
6.bull
7. L-drago
8.L-drago
9.bull
10.bull
11. bull
12.bull
13. L-drago
14.L-drago
15.bull
16.L-drago
17.bull
18.L-drago
19.Bull
20.Bull
So it still seem to be doing well, but this combo seems to be doing better than pegasus. Also one thing i noticed was that bull had trouble balancing itself after an attack, so it lost spin. thats why one of l-drago's wins was by out spin. so hopefully EWD will be able to fill that flaw

i have seen a lot of tests and i don´t think that´s possible(STANDARD IS PREETY MUCH THE SAME).. try with CH120.. can you test with CH120 please?
i dont think any1 thought it was possible and sure ill try it with CH120. gimme a few minutes
oh i just noticed this. i forgot to put a metal face on the ldrago combo.
S series tips can do alright for defense, except against LL Drago.
At least as far as I can tell.
Done some testing in an attack stadium

MF Pegasis 145RF vs MF Earth Aquario GB145ES

Earth Aquario: 30%
Pegasis: 70%

MF Lightning L Drago 100RF vs MF Earth Aquario GB145

Earth Aquario: 10%
Lightning L Drago: 80%
1 Draw

Seeing these I got the idea that it isn't great against top tier combos so I tried it out against a decent attack combo:

MF Earth Aquario GB145ES vs MF Rock Bull 100RF

Earth Aquario: 40%
Rock Bull: 50%
1 Draw

Overall I think it does have some minimal Defence ability. I'm gonna put it on my tier list in defence at tier 3.
I honestly think this proves nothing. Its sad really. ES has absolutely no competative uses. Yes we can get it up to a a 40% win rate but that is because we have other top tier parts to over compensate for it. We could do the same for S

Its a shame though. I really like the gimmick of ES...

What about M145ES? Would that do anything?

I just had an appifiny. Try L Gravity Peruses ___ ES agianst MF Pegasis 145 RF
Um it's still top tier cause funnily enough it attack the metal wheel which is where a blade needs to be attacked. There's no problem just cause it's the only top tier combo which uses a high track. The only reason the others aren't is cause they perform better on a lower track. Some people have said it works well on 85 so the 145 part may change.

On topic: I don't think this proves nothing. In my tiers list I am trying to see what parts have uses and this is news to me that this and other s parts have use. I disagree with the second thing you said. I think it has use but it's not great. Also your appifiny(Pretty sure it's not spelt that way) means nothing for a few reasons:

1) Gravity isn't good defence so that will drag the results down
2) How exactly will putting it in left spin help??
3) Why track do you want to use? The track makes a lot of difference.

Anyway if I had Gravity Perseus I would test it but I don't.
A good defense or stamina track. How bout GB145?

I ask b/c I have the same theory for this as i do for ed145-spin stealing. If gravity peruses GBGB145 ES in L spin was facing a r spin bey, that MAY create a spin stealing effect. I asked for Peruses only b/c it can switch between L and R spin. So if your oppenent is a L spin bey, use R spin. And vic versa
That's ok. Btw thanks for the pegasis help