E3 2010

Anything that lets my hold out my empty hands out in gun like positions, before pulling my index figure to actually shoot something on screen is progress in personal opinion.

You do kind of have to consider, what if this isn't just a gimmick?
50 years ago, one joystick, one button.
Evolution has happened through gaming, and it seems that everyone's jumping on to the band wagon of this being the next step :\
(Jun. 12, 2010  12:48 PM)theflightyellz Wrote: Anything that lets my hold out my empty hands out in gun like positions, before pulling my index figure to actually shoot something on screen is progress in personal opinion.

Evolution has happened through gaming, and it seems that everyone's jumping on to the band wagon of this being the next step :\

I completely agree with you flight.
The next step is 3D. More interactive ways of gaming.
And Roan, Bioshock isn't the only 'original' game out there.
(Jun. 12, 2010  1:26 PM)mezz Wrote:
(Jun. 12, 2010  12:48 PM)theflightyellz Wrote: Anything that lets my hold out my empty hands out in gun like positions, before pulling my index figure to actually shoot something on screen is progress in personal opinion.

I completely agree with you flight.
The next step is 3D. More interactive ways of gaming.
And Roan, Bioshock isn't the only 'original' game out there.

I will give up gaming if it becomes 3d across the board.

I agree with Roan about the motion controll. It's just not that interesting to FPS casual gamers.
theflightyellz Wrote:Anything that lets my hold out my empty hands out in gun like positions, before pulling my index figure to actually shoot something on screen is progress in personal opinion.

Evolution has happened through gaming, and it seems that everyone's jumping on to the band wagon of this being the next step

I'm not arguing whether or not it's progress, I'm really just not interested in it at all. Seems like in a post-Wii world, everyone is, as you said yourself, "jumping on the bandwagon", and I really doubt their motivation is because it's "the next big step" -- it's much more likely they want a share of the ridiculous amount of cash Nintendo is raking in from its "new" audience.

I just don't care about motion control. Natal might be the thing to change my mind, and I will admit that of all the current projects in the pipeline it is definitely the most interesting, I just don't see it being a practical way to play the kind of games that I like to play. Will it create new kinds of games and genres? Most likely, but until I see those things I can't really get excited for it.

(Jun. 12, 2010  1:26 PM)mezz Wrote: And Roan, Bioshock isn't the only 'original' game out there.

When did I say that it was? I more meant that when BioShock was first being shown/teased, I was in a similar "gaming slump" to the one I am now. That game got me excited and interested in gaming again. I'm waiting for another game that unique and interesting to come along and catch my eye.
(Jun. 12, 2010  6:13 PM)Roan Wrote:
theflightyellz Wrote:Anything that lets my hold out my empty hands out in gun like positions, before pulling my index figure to actually shoot something on screen is progress in personal opinion.

Evolution has happened through gaming, and it seems that everyone's jumping on to the band wagon of this being the next step

I'm not arguing whether or not it's progress, I'm really just not interested in it at all. Seems like in a post-Wii world, everyone is, as you said yourself, "jumping on the bandwagon", and I really doubt their motivation is because it's "the next big step" -- it's much more likely they want a share of the ridiculous amount of cash Nintendo is raking in from its "new" audience.

I just don't care about motion control. Natal might be the thing to change my mind, and I will admit that of all the current projects in the pipeline it is definitely the most interesting, I just don't see it being a practical way to play the kind of games that I like to play. Will it create new kinds of games and genres? Most likely, but until I see those things I can't really get excited for it.

(Jun. 12, 2010  1:26 PM)mezz Wrote: And Roan, Bioshock isn't the only 'original' game out there.

When did I say that it was? I more meant that when BioShock was first being shown/teased, I was in a similar "gaming slump" to the one I am now. That game got me excited and interested in gaming again. I'm waiting for another game that unique and interesting to come along and catch my eye.

Ok, Anyway Natal + Move will be bullsh#t
mezz you are seriously one of the worst posters when it comes to gaming

you make all these opinionated posts with nothing to substantiate your views

i seriously don't want this to descend into a ridiculous flame war.
Ok, Anyway Natal + Move will be bullsh#t
[/quote]
mezz you have no basis for that statment you have neither so how can you be so quick to judge
and why did you evade the profanity filter
(Jun. 13, 2010  1:59 PM)mezz Wrote: Ok, Anyway Natal + Move will be bullsh#t
mezz you have no basis for that statment you have neither so how can you be so quick to judge
[/quote]

Sorry, but I share the same thoughts of a lot of gamers. And my opinion shouldn't affect you personally because Its MY opinion. I'm being so quick to judge because, Natal will have lighting problems and Move will just not sell.
but depending on what television your using if your using lets say a sony bravia 1080p television i highly doubt
it will have lighting problems with you having no evidence to support your claims im dubious of your statement that move will not sell im not going to argue with you seing as your apparently the wbo s compendium of gaming knowledge
(Jun. 13, 2010  2:16 PM)NOVA Wrote: but depending on what television your using if your using lets say a sony bravia 1080p television i highly doubt
it will have lighting problems with you having no evidence to support your claims im dubious of your statement that move will not sell im not going to argue with you seing as your apparently the wbo s compendium of gaming knowledge

1. When did I say i'm the compendium of gaming knowledge for WBO?
2. TV make's don't make a difference, since its the actualy NATAL which captures the motion not the tv. So you could have a SAMSUNG 1080P LED TV and It would still have problems, I didn't say "IT WILL HAVE LIGHTING PROBLEMS ALL THE TIME" I said It will have lighting problems. Sorry, but I was still laughing at the comment about the Sony TV XD.
And as for evidence I read it on Kotaku, A while a go. You know..Kotaku..the gaming blog? And I can't be bothered to find the link.
but its the tv that displays the motion
so the lighting will depend on the tv you use
(Jun. 13, 2010  1:45 PM)♥ Wrote: mezz you are seriously one of the worst posters when it comes to gaming

you make all these opinionated posts with nothing to substantiate your views

i seriously don't want this to descend into a ridiculous flame war.

What can I say? I get bored.
(Jun. 13, 2010  2:26 PM)NOVA Wrote: but its the tv that displays the motion
?
By lighting problems I mean:
You having to get the right light for it to sense your movements.
You clearly do not understand how It works do you?
"room in 3D even with poor lighting ensuring fun even in the evening. "
xbox natal
your serously boring me with lack of care and attention to what you post and i would like some one to close this because this has been decending into thread hell for 12 hours
(Jun. 13, 2010  2:34 PM)NOVA Wrote: "room in 3D even with poor lighting ensuring fun even in the evening. "
xbox natal
your serously boring me with lack of care and attention to what you post and i would like some one to close this because this has been decending into thread hell for 12 hours

xD But thats a qoute from Microsoft isn't it?
They will tell you anything for money, like any other company.
Nintendo,Sony..etc
(Jun. 13, 2010  2:35 PM)mezz Wrote:
(Jun. 13, 2010  2:34 PM)NOVA Wrote: "room in 3D even with poor lighting ensuring fun even in the evening. "
xbox natal

xD But thats a qoute from Microsoft isn't it?
They will tell you anything for money, like any other company.
Nintendo,Sony..etc
its actually from gamespot uk
this is thankfully my last post here
Honestly, I'm eageringly anticipating the announcement, and then release of the Wii HiFi...

No.
I'm curious to see what the 3DS will look like. But buying it.....hunh..
Anyone here gonna buy the 3DS? Or thinking about it?
I know I plan on making my purchasing decisions of a product that no one has seen the physical representation of, or any games that would be on the platform.
(Jun. 13, 2010  8:40 PM)To Wrote: I know I plan on making my purchasing decisions of a product that no one has seen the physical representation of, or any games that would be on the platform.
I know but like thinking about it..
I'm especially excited for Halo Reach info, but I'll check everything out. In E3 there's always amazing info on everything.
Apparently Microsoft Italy has released ads featuring a redesigned Xbox 360, and it's ugly, weird angles and it doesn't look much smaller, or slimmer. This is why Sony is the only one who does the Slim revisions in the console space...

[Image: schermata20100614a00341.png]

Natal renamed to Kinect.
I dunno I kinda like it.

Honestly if they manage to reduce that goddamn power brick's size, it's an improvement.
Is that real/confirmed, To? Looks kinda slick, tbh. Hope to see a white version, maybe.