Dye my hair: Yes or no?

(Sep. 09, 2008  11:09 PM)Surfingpikachao Wrote: Do what you like, it's your choice.

I've heard people advise that it can come out the wrong colour and seen it a couple of times but as long as you stick with proper dyes or get a barber/hairdresser to do it you should be fine. A word of warning, live XXL colour comes out really fast (lasted about 2 weeks with permanent and looked darker for about 2 months but not at all black like it was meant to be. I have brown hair.)

Lasted longer than what it did in mine XD!!!

Never dye your hair with any pigment of red and try to dye over it.
I bleached over my hair without knowing that red pigment stayed in it and instead of going blonde, it went ginger, roots that hadn;t been dyed went White though, was awesome., Luckily it was only for a few hours because I was dyeing my hair blue XD
I tried dyeing black over when I used to have that carp Red/black stuff in my hair, you could still see shimmers of red for months Pinching_eyes
It's gone from a colour I like to something I want to stab
You can dye over red just fine if you use actual dye and not punky colourful dyes.
(Sep. 12, 2008  7:49 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: You can dye over red just fine if you use actual dye and not punky colourful dyes.

It was uhm..permanent, when I dyed my hair black It was with permanent stuff, not the punky stuff and the red still got through.
Bleach is a carp to get over red whichever way you look, even my hairdresser said that. It goes ginger unless you bleach it twice, my hair was snapping with one bleach, so I didn't want to risk a second.
I've had red hair and dyed over it no problem. So, um. Speechless
(Sep. 12, 2008  9:44 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I've had red hair and dyed over it no problem. So, um. Speechless

My hair doesn't really take to pigments too well except for red and if I bleach it (Which I want to kill my hairdresser for because I told her to only bleach my roots and she bleached the whole part of my hair over again which makes it weaker, not to mention her assistant doesn't listen when I say "DON'T COMB MY FKN HAIR FROM THE TOP WHEN IT'S TANGLED AND WET!!" since you're meant to go from the bottom in that situation, basically treat it like a wig. So that weakened it evenmore and made me go "argh")

So it would make sense that I can't dye over red XD
*takes deep breath* Rant over XD
(Sep. 12, 2008  10:33 PM)bugturtles Wrote: sucks to be you

Nah, I've learned that it's safer to bleach my own hair from now on.
I'm thinking of doing my hair black tomorrow. Not sure though yet. =]

I was gonna have green streaks too but school only permits "natural colours". Ugh. One year 'til college then I'll have some fun xD
(Sep. 13, 2008  5:50 PM)Surfingpikachao Wrote: I'm thinking of doing my hair black tomorrow. Not sure though yet. =]

I was gonna have green streaks too but school only permits "natural colours". Ugh. One year 'til college then I'll have some fun xD

Green is perfectly natural, it's the colour of grass isn't it?
^ threw that excuse at a teacher in my high school about a year ago XD they weren't impressed, but I got to keep the colour.
(Sep. 16, 2008  8:35 PM)Gekiryu Wrote:
(Sep. 13, 2008  5:50 PM)Surfingpikachao Wrote: I'm thinking of doing my hair black tomorrow. Not sure though yet. =]

this is an absolutely moronic thing to say Speechless
(Sep. 16, 2008  8:35 PM)Gekiryu Wrote: Green is perfectly natural, it's the colour of grass isn't it?
^ threw that excuse at a teacher in my high school about a year ago XD they weren't impressed, but I got to keep the colour.

Smithicide
(Sep. 16, 2008  8:49 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Sep. 16, 2008  8:35 PM)Gekiryu Wrote:

this is an absolutely moronic thing to say Speechless

My head of year found it amusing, though he's easily amused, shame about the deputy head whom I said it to though.

I don't take anything seriously if you can make a simple comeback like that for it.
(Sep. 16, 2008  9:12 PM)Gekiryu Wrote: Here we go again *rolls eyes*

:downswords:
(Sep. 16, 2008  9:12 PM)Gekiryu Wrote: Here we go again *rolls eyes*

Words
(Sep. 08, 2008  4:20 AM)Rockblade2012 Wrote: do it!!!!!!!!!!
Exactly what i was gonna say! lol
i think red is a natural color?

i want to at least highlight or streak some dark red into my hair, but i have to persuade my parents

someone give me tips on how to do so
(Sep. 16, 2008  10:59 PM)bugturtles Wrote: i think red is a natural color?

i want to at least highlight or streak some dark red into my hair, but i have to persuade my parents

someone give me tips on how to do so

"MY SEXY BODY I DO WHAT I WANT"
"you let me have my hair done, then i'll do the washing up for a week"
then don't do it there sorted lol.

OR just come home with it done 1 day then what can they do??? lol
^ he's asian, so they'd probably kill him
Hmm my ideas are not a good idea then ... lol
"you get all A on test! no less!"

"if you don't, i kill you! you not my son!"
I'd be screwed if my dad was like that Confused

Edit: opps went kinda off topic lol