System: 5-Layer/Magnacore
Type: Balance

released as a booster

Contents
1 Takara/Hasbro Difference
2 Attack Ring (AR): Cross Dranzer
2.1 Use in Upper Attack Combinations
3 Weight Disk (WD): Ten Balance
4 Spin Gear (SG): Neo Right SG (Metal Weight Version)
5 Support Part(SP): Cross Survival
5.1 Use in Zombie Combinations
6 Blade Base (BB): Customize Change
6.1 Use in Upgraded Dranzer V2 Combination
7 Other Versions
8 Gallery
9 Overall

Takara/Hasbro Difference
The first Hasbro versions of this Beyblade had a faulty clutch, rendering the Blade Base both ineffective and awkward.

Attack Ring (AR): Cross Dranzer
Weight: 6 grams
The AR of Dranzer V2 is completely symmetrical. It was designed in the shape of an oval with two wings in the shape of short right triangles with the letter 'V' incorporated between them on both sides of the AR, the two wings slope away from eachother. These slopes give the AR use in Upper Attack customizations.

Use in Upper Attack Combinations
The slopes on the wings of Dranzer V2's AR give it effective Upper Attack in both spin directions.

AR: Cross Dranzer (Dranzer V2)
WD: Wide Defense
SG: Neo-Right/Neo-Left SG (Heavy Metal Core) (Metal Driger)
BB: Storm Grip Base

This customization is useful for defeating both Survival and Balance type customizations.

Weight Disk (WD): Ten Balance
See Ten Balance

Spin Gear (SG): Neo Right SG (Metal Weight Core)
See Neo Right SG

Support Part(SP): Cross Survival
Weight: 3 grams
Cross Survival is extremely circular, with four small knobs equally spaced across the rim. It's shape lends itself well to Spin Stealing, and is one of the top SP choices in Zombie combinations

Use in Zombie Combinations

AR: Twin Horn (Gabriel)
WD: Wide Survivor
SG: Left SG (Bearing Version) (Wolborg)
BB: Customize Grip Base
SP: Cross Survival

This is a common and effective Zombie combination, and can defeat most combos in the opposite spin direction. It is however easily defeated by Attack Types and Spiral Change Base (Dranzer S) based combos.

Blade Base (BB): Customize Clutch Base
Weight: 6 grams
Customize Clutch Base is a very interesting part. It has a sharp tip that is exposed when first launched that retracts when the RPM's meet an unspecified threshold. When the sharp tip retracts, the Beyblade leaves Survival Mode and enters Attack Mode, moving aggresively in a flower pattern. Every Customize Clutch Base is unique in when it's tip retracts, though one can manipulate the BB through choice of Weight Disk and Spin Gear.

Use in Upgraded Dranzer V2 Combination
Customize Clutch Base can be manipulated to stay in Survival Mode longer, through the use of 10 Heavy and the Heavy Metal Core (Metal Driger) to favorably alter the time of retraction of the sharp tip.

AR: Cross Dranzer (Dranzer V2)
WD: 10 Heavy
SG: Neo-Right (Heavy Metal Core) (Metal Driger)
BB: Customize Clutch Base
SP: Cross Survival

Other Versions
Dranzer V2 - Fukubako Box 2003 Version (Red)

Overall
Dranzer V2 is a useful Beyblade, with a viable Attack Ring, vital Support Part, and curious Blade Base; Dranzer V2 is a deserved purchase for any blader, specifically Balance and Survival enthusiasts.
Beautiful man, beautiful. Just add some periods and stuff.
(Dec. 21, 2010  1:08 AM)Nonsense King Wrote: Beautiful man, beautiful. Just add some periods and stuff.

you could actually point the mistakes out instead of just saying they are there Speechless
Quote:released as a booster

Quote:Takara/Hasbro Difference
The first Hasbro versions of this Beyblade had a faulty clutch, rendering them inneffective and awkward.

Quote:Support Part(SP): Cross Survival
Cross Survival is extremely circular, with four small knobs equally spaced across the rim. It's shape lends itself well to Spin Stealing, and is one of the top SP choices in Zombie combinations

Quote:Overall
Dranzer V2 is an interesting Beyblade, with a viable Attack Ring, vital Support Part, and interesting Blade Base, Dranzer V2 is a deserved purchase for any blader, specifically Balance and Survival enthusiasts.

Red = Punctuation/Spelling Error.
Quote:released as a booster

Quote:Takara/Hasbro Difference
The first Hasbro versions of this Beyblade had a faulty clutch, rendering them inneffective and awkward.

Quote:Support Part(SP): Cross Survival
Cross Survival is extremely circular, with four small knobs equally spaced across the rim. It's shape lends itself well to Spin Stealing, and is one of the top SP choices in Zombie combinations (period)

Dranzer V2 is an interesting Beyblade, with a viable Attack Ring, vital Support Part, and interesting Blade Base,Dranzer V2 is a deserved purchase for any blader, specifically Balance and Survival enthusiasts. (period)
Red = Punctuation/Spelling Error.

EDIT: Sorry, I just didn't really say it well. Or rather type it well.
Good article. Was hoping someone would do this article since everyone always says it's a good buy but I knew little about it's parts' uses.
really good article. my only complaint is the TT/Hasbro section. it needs to be a bit more in depth. its to brief and worded slightly akwardly.

otherwise, this draft is flawless =D
Great article, although could you substitute the second interesting for something else? Perhaps unique, etc?
(Dec. 22, 2010  5:55 PM)wolborgMS Wrote: can u please make an overall sentence such as every blader should own ...

it isn't a must have anymore more, and the overall section implies that it is a good blade to have...
As for 'Other Versions' was there not a Dranzer V2 Remote Control version? I do believe so since I had one of those as a kid..
I'm sort of hesitant to include that seeing as it's really not the same thing at all, it just has the same AR.
I'll see what Kei has to say.
Has the unique timings of each base been checked? Brad said he owned plenty of dzv2's, but he doesn't actually post very much nowadays...
Timings for what? It says when it reaches an unspecified RPM which you don't really need to know. Think this should be put up already.
(Jan. 17, 2011  10:39 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: Timings for what? It says when it reaches an unspecified RPM which you don't really need to know. Think this should be put up already.

I mean, seeing if it's different or not, but I think it should be put up too. All Frownie needs is the green light from Kei.
This is great. Post it.
And another one bites the dust *insert that music here*

Good Job Mcfrown lol
Edit:But one last thing Mcfrown

"This is a common and effective Zombie combination, and can defeat most combos in the opposite spin direction. It is however easily defeated by by Attack Types and Spiral Change Base (Dranzr S) based combos."
"
Say Bye to one by lol
(Jan. 19, 2011  6:34 AM)Kei Wrote: This is great. Post it.

brad would smack you.

Again I don't mean to be a carp by popping up every now and then just to say "THIS IS WRONG", but based off Brad's criteria for writing articles that he used on me, it would not go by him. I'm even sure you remember how strict he when it came to how in depth and correct he wanted the information. Maybe the WBO is past that level now that he's gone, but some of the information should be straightened out least. I do get that the wiki is done voluntarily and that it might be difficult to find writers, but if a page is to be done, make sure that it is done right. I'll be willing to check any plastic article that has a draft from now on. Here is where my constructive criticism comes in now.

AR
On your combo tests, is the Beyblade actually using Upper Attack to KO the other Beyblade? I'd guessing that the WD is doing most of the damage here based off of the other parts with it. This should be a note for future Wiki articles: If you're going to list a mediocre part and a use for it, you should mention that it is outclassed by other parts and list a least 1 example part. In this case, the article (AR/Overall section) needs mention of better ARs out there for Upper Attack.

I liked the mention of how it can be used in either direction, but remember, Upper only works against something of the same spin direction.

"This customization is useful for defeating both Survival and Balance type customizations."

The point of the combo should be for Upper if it's listed as an Upper Attack type, so this should mention how it's suppose to defeat them by KO through Upper Attack (if it actually does).

SP
I'd rearrange the wording. It works for Zombies because it's round with 4 knobs/projections on it. The projections are what allows it to steal spin. I'm not seeing any mention of Life After Death in the article either.

BB
I'd omit "aggressively." Otherwise it makes it sounds like it's a beast of an attack type when it really isn't.

I'm just not seeing how it's useful. All the information that I can obtain from that section is how it can go from survival to attack.

If you're going to talk about an "Upgraded Dranzer V2" combo, you should really elaborate on it. Ask yourself questions so you can think more about it like: Why would adding weight to it so it can stay in endurance mode longer an advantage? Why would going to attack mode at the end, if it is even, advantageous? What purpose does the Beyblade serve overall? How well does the BB actually compare to other survival type BBs? Dig deeper into it if it's a listed combo. I know it can only go so far, but there is more to just putting down a combo because it's using parts from the Beyblade.

Overall
The only part worth getting it for is just the SP alone really.

The last comment I will make is that the diction needs to be worked on. Some of the words used seem to either be redundant or just over exaggerates things.
Ahaha, I'm actually glad you came by! I was admittedly a bit unsure about some of the information in the article because I have very little in-depth experience with Plastics myself, but I gave McFrown the benefit of the doubt because he does seem to be knowledgeable about Plastics. I wanted to get a second opinion, but there really isn't many people around with the same type of knowledge that you have anymore.

I'll admit now, in retrospect, that I probably shouldn't have approved this article. It's a good start, I think, but it evidently needs a lot of work, all of which you have pointed out quite well.

As for your comment about the AR, I knew beforehand that Cross Dranzer had never been widely used for Upper Attack, so in my mind I did question the fact that he was suggesting it for Upper Attack customizations. I'm not sure why I didn't mention to him that he should say it is outclassed ... I mean, it's something we always do for the MFB articles.
(Jan. 21, 2011  4:35 AM)G Wrote: AR
On your combo tests, is the Beyblade actually using Upper Attack to KO the other Beyblade? I'd guessing that the WD is doing most of the damage here based off of the other parts with it.
The WD is doing 0 damage, it's more of a Destabilizer than a Knock-out-er, so SG Flat even works well/better as a replacement part. The only thing it'll pop out is 10B Bistool. And I know what WD Attack is like.

Quote:I liked the mention of how it can be used in either direction, but remember, Upper only works against something of the same spin direction.
This is untrue. I know it's on Beywiki but a lot of personal experience tells me otherwise.

Quote:The point of the combo should be for Upper if it's listed as an Upper Attack type, so this should mention how it's suppose to defeat them by KO through Upper Attack (if it actually does).
Upper Attack can be Upper Attack with a goal other than knocking out the opponent.

Quote:SP
I'd rearrange the wording. It works for Zombies because it's round with 4 knobs/projections on it. The projections are what allows it to steal spin. I'm not seeing any mention of Life After Death in the article either.
It sucks at LAD, the knobs ruin it. If you want LAD go for Defense Ring.
But I can brush up the wording.

Quote:BB
I'd omit "aggressively." Otherwise it makes it sounds like it's a beast of an attack type when it really isn't.

I'm just not seeing how it's useful. All the information that I can obtain from that section is how it can go from survival to attack.
I'm going for the denotation of aggressive over the bey community connotation.

Quote:If you're going to talk about an "Upgraded Dranzer V2" combo, you should really elaborate on it. Ask yourself questions so you can think more about it like: Why would adding weight to it so it can stay in endurance mode longer an advantage? Why would going to attack mode at the end, if it is even, advantageous? What purpose does the Beyblade serve overall? How well does the BB actually compare to other survival type BBs? Dig deeper into it if it's a listed combo. I know it can only go so far, but there is more to just putting down a combo because it's using parts from the Beyblade.
I understand full well how it works, but I can elaborate. It's not exactly fantastic so I didn't really think it was worth expounding.

The only part worth getting it for is just the SP alone really.
The SP is the only real 'competitive' part, but I think the AR and BB warrant experimentation. And I'd prefer to mention the majority of the parts in the overALL.

Quote:The last comment I will make is that the diction needs to be worked on. Some of the words used seem to either be redundant or just over exaggerates things.
I'll look that over, but I'm not too keen on delving into more convoluted descriptors, seeing as the majority of users are children.

Thanks for the critique, I'll fix some of that up.

EDIT: looking over, my thoughts:
Polished up a few sections, specifically the BB.
Personally I think my overall is apt.
My writing/diction seems alright, unlike some older articles (with faulty physics to boot).
Upper Attack: No offense, but reading through older threads I don't think any of you really understood rotational velocity at all. Almost every physics related topic I've seen in the past is fairly innacurate.