| item number = A-117
| beyblade system = [[Engine Gear]]
| beyblade type = [[Balance]]
| starter or booster =
}}
__TOC__

== Attack Ring (AR): Triangle Wing ==
* '''Weight:''' 6.2 grams

Triangle Wing depicts three large phoenix wings, and heads. The wings provide excellent slopes for [[Upper Attack]], and, once the foe is lifted off the stadium floor, the heads provide the [[Smash Attack]] needed to knock them out of the stadium.
While its slopes are slightly shorter than those of [[Master Dragoon|Master Dragoon's]] Upper Dragoon, making it marginally less effective in right spin, its left spin slopes are longer, making it the best AR for left-spin [[Upper Attack]].

=== Use in [[Upper Attack]] Customization ===
While conventional [[Upper Attack]] customizations such as this one are more commonly used in right spin, due to their effectiveness being restricted against opposite-spin opponents, Triangle Wing's left-spin abilities make it an excellent choice against [[Zombie]] customizations, which usually use Left Spin.

* '''AR:''' Triangle Wing ([[Dranzer GT]])
* '''WD:''' [[Heavy Weight Disks|10 Heavy]]
* '''SG:''' [[Spin_Gear#V_and_V2_Series_Spin_Gears|Neo Left SG]] (Heavy Metal Core)
* '''BB:''' Storm Grip Base ([[Dragoon S]])
This combination may also be used effectively in Right Spin, however, [[Master Dragoon|Upper Dragoon]] is generally preferred.

=== Use [[Upper Attack]]/[[Spin Stealing]] Customization ===
Being the best Left-Spin Upper Attack AR makes Triangle Wing highly effective in a rather unorthodox Upper Attack/Spin Stealing combo, which, despite being in the opposite spin direction to most opponents, still exhibits powerful Upper Attack against them (arguably more powerful than it does against same-spin opponents), focusing less on creating large amounts of lift and instead on using smaller amounts of lift more efficiently, to score easier Knock Outs.
It also boasts decent ability to steal spin due to a free-spinning shaft, relatively circular shape, and good weight distribution. This, along with the destabilising properties of its [[Upper Attack]], allows it to succeed where many other attack combinations would fail. As such, combined with a good launch, it is an incredibly dangerous and versatile combination.
The combination is as follows:

* '''AR:''' Triangle Wing ([[Dranzer GT]])
* '''WD:''' [[Wide Defense]]
* '''SG:''' [[Spin_Gear#A_to_F_Series_Spin_Gears|Right SG (Free Shaft Version)]] ([[Dranzer S]])
* '''SG Shaft:''' Full Auto Clutch Shaft ([[Driger F]])
* '''BB:''' Defense Grip Base 2 ([[Wolborg 2]])

== Weight Disk (WD): 10-Balance ==
See [[Balance Weight Disks|10 Balance]]

== Spin Gear (SG): Right Engine Gear (Reverse)==
* '''Weight:''' 6.7 grams

The Reverse Engine Gear is a unique and interesting part. The gimmick of this engine gear is that it spins in the opposite direction to the beyblade, reversing its movement direction.
While this does allow for interesting movement patterns, and lucky knock outs, it comes at a large stamina cost, and due to the tall height of the Engine Gear and CEW, is not particularly useful competitively.

==Customize Engine Weight (CEW): Metal Semi-Flat ==
* '''Weight:''' 3.6 grams
The name of this part is quite misleading, Metal Semi-Flat is almost entirely flat, with only slight rounding at the edges, much like its predecessor, [[Spin_Gear#G_and_GT_Series_Spin_Gears|Right/Left EG (Metal Semi-Flat)]]. This allows for an aggressive movement pattern and decent [[Survival]]. It is one of the better CEW's, however, the tall height and lack of particularly useful bases mean this part, like many Engine Gear parts, is almost entirely outclassed by previous releases.

== Blade Base (BB): Final Clutch Base (Dranzer GT version) ==
* '''Weight:''' 7.5 grams

Dranzer GT's Final Clutch Base is unique in that it activates slightly earlier than other Final Clutch BB's, earning it the fan nickname "Middle Clutch". It does this by positioning the parts which activate the engine gear slightly closer, which means the engine gear is engaged at a higher RPM than normal. This is designed to allow the Reverse Engine Gear to kick in at an appropriate time, when it still has enough speed remaining to attack, while not having so much momentum that the Engine Gear merely causes stalling.
This said, like all Engine Gear bases, it is tall, bulky, and awkward, meaning that in a competitive situation, there is very little use for this part.

== Gallery ==
<gallery>

</gallery>

== Overall ==
[[Dranzer GT]] is an interesting release. Being one of the last few plastic Beyblades released, it is rather hard to find.
It has a unique gimmick, which was somewhat rare during the Engine Gear line; however, this does little to overcome the inherent limitations which apply to almost all Engine Gear Beyblades. That said, it has an excellent Attack Ring, which, although not a must-have, is still a very useful part for any competitive blader.
'''Dranzer GT is a worthwhile, if not necessary, purchase for competitive bladers, and an excellent purchase for collectors.'''

[[CategoryTongue_outlastic Beyblade]]
[[Category:Beyblade]]

Pictures : Dranzer GT

older version (Click to View)
now..this article is ready to go...thanks to th!nk who did major improvement of the article..
inb4 someone says "but opposite spin upper attack doesn't exist so being the best in left spin isn't useful".

I'm going to pre-emptively point out most zombies generally use left spin.

And then direct you to this discussion (which I suggest you read thoroughly, and if you are still not convinced, try the combo yourself): http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Building...#pid725682
Yes, it's a bit long, but there's a video of the combo Mc Frown is talking about linked somewhere in there and my mobile internet is too slow for me to find it. If you read the discussion you'll note I was relatively unconvinced until I put it together. I also used triangle wing on it to great effect.

In fact, the combo is below. (If you're just verifying opposite spin upper, you can sub in Upper Dragoon instead of triangle wing)

AR: Triangle Wing
BB: Wide Defense
SG: Left SG (Free Shaft Ver., Full Auto Clutch Shaft)
BB: Defense Grip Base 2

It's a great use of this AR, may warrant inclusion in this article, though admittedly there's not much testing on it. I'm just throwing it out there in case anyone wants to catch and run with it (because I know myself too well to promise to do it on my own, especially as I have some stuff going on IRL right now soooo).

Anyway, the actual article itself is pretty solid, though the somewhat awkward wording will need to be gone over by someone before it's anywhere near ready for the wiki.

That's all I really have to say at the moment, considering I'm falling asleep.
Oh, and the metal semi flat CEW is mentioned as having a little use on Dragoon GT's SG in that beys article. Though it's one of the articles I have certain misgivings about. Speechless
If the combo works very well..it would be beneficial as well to include it and make Zombie customization part...no??!??
as on CEW issue..i tried it on Dragoon GT..it somehow make a very nice/clean circle around the stadium (MFB attack stadium)...quite fast..but not as fast as Metal Grip... Uncertain
Nah, it's not a zombie. It's a somewhat unconventional upper attack combo, which can fall back on it's small spin-stealing abilities. It also uppers beys in opposite spin so it's kinda notable for that.

Hm, Odd, my metal grip is quite slow (to the point I use it defensively), and as much as I dislike the Dragoon GT article, I agree with it on that.

3-winged Pheonix?

When picturing that in my head, it is pretty awkward just flying.. Tongue_out
Is this true?
Hm, it's oddly worded. It is a three-winged AR, each wing separated by protrusions shaped like pheonix head, with the pair of slopes either side giving the impression of wings.

What I've written there not exactly smoothly worded either Tired
Haha..but your words sound better Th!nk..i think i will edit it for the time being using your words..XD
Here's my version from another thread:

Quote:Type: Attack
System: Engine Gear

WD: 10-Balance
SG: Right Engine Gear (Reverse)
CEW: Metal Semi-Flat
BB: Final Clutch Base (Dranzer GT Version)

Attack Ring (AR): Triangle Wing

Triangle Wing is the prized part of this bey. Triangle Wing has 3 wings with slopes for upper attack. In the middle of these slopes, are triangular claws for smash. However, they are not effective due to the recoil that is given off. However, the recoil is made up for Triangle Wing's slopes that are shaped on each side, thus lending itself to both left-spin Upper Attack and right-spin Upper Attack making it a versatile part. Though, this versatility gives it another weakness, unfortunately.

Triangle Wing has two slopes on each side thus making the upper attack evenly distributed as it sacrifices half of it's attack for it to work in both directions. And because of this, the slopes are not as long as other upper attack AR's, such as Upper Dragoon, as to why Upper Dragoon is generally chosen over it, even though Triangle Wing's upper is still effective. Like mentioned above, Upper Dragoon's contact points do not leave as much recoil as Triangle Wing, which is another reason Triangle Wing is not the main choice for upper attack. To conclude, majority of the plastic beyblades were right-spin, and upper attack needs to be in the same direction in order for it to work, as to why left spin upper attack is not a popular choice, and why the use of Triangle Wing in left spin for upper attack is not recommended. Zombie type beyblades are a popular left spin choice however, and despite its rather short slopes, it remains a very good counter when facing left spin choices.

Use in Attack Customization

This combo is effective against left spin blades, as it's speed and grip brings out Triangle Wing's attack.

WD: Ten Heavy
SG: Neo-Right SG/ Neo-Left SG
SG Core: Heavy Metal Core (Takara Metal Driger)
BB: Storm Grip Base (Dragoon S)

For the Upper Attack to work successfully, the slopes must reach below the opposing blade, which is why Storm Grip base is essential for this to work. Heavy Metal Core adds weight, thus bringing the bey towards the center multiple times.

Weight Disk (WD): Ten Balance

See Ten Balance

Spin Gear (SG): Right Engine Gear (Reverse)

This Engine Gear is a very unique and interesting part. It features the ability to Reverse it's movement direction, hence its name. The reverse gimmick is activated after the midpoint, or towards the end of the battle as the bey it is being used on will slow down to allow the gimmick to be performed. The Reverse Engine Gear can be useful, if lucky, but because it requires luck for the opposing bey to be in the right place at the right time, this takes away it's competitive use. Another problem with this gimmick is that, along with other engine gears, the performance is usually hindered after the special effect.

Customizable Engine Weight (CEW): Metal Semi-Flat

Metal Semi-Flat offers a semi-aggressive movement pattern that is meant to combine attributes with attack and stamina as the metal will reduce the friction to allow for more spin time. However, since it is only able to be used with engine gear parts, it does not have any other use. Though, due to the lack of many useful parts within the Engine Gear system, Metal Semi-Flat is a very useful part in the EG type-tier.

Use in Attack Customization

AR: 8 Spiker (Dragoon G)
WD: Wide Defense
SG: Left Engine Gear (Turbo)
BB: First Clutch Base (Dragoon G Version)
CEW: Metal Semi-Flat

Blade Base (BB): Final Clutch Base (Dranzer GT Version)

Final Clutch Base (Dranzer GT Version) allows the Metal Semi-Flat Engine Gear to be activated towards the ending of the battle, and does not contain any other notable features as it is only compatible with certain beyblades, primarily engine gear types.

Overall

Dranzer GT was an interesting release. Being one of the last few plastic beyblades released before the start of the HMS beyblade system, Dranzer GT offered a pretty interesting gimmick, with that gimmick being the ability to change its movement direction in battle. However, as it was meant for gimmick purposes only, it is not competitively used since the gimmick hinders the beyblade's spin velocity and overall performance. Triangle Wing, the prized part of this bey, offers pretty exceptional upper attack. Though, it is slightly outclassed and should be used as an alternative for Upper Dragoon. With that being said, Dranzer GT would not hurt to have in one's collection.

Feel free to correct me on any mistakes on the Engine Gear section. Oh yeah, sorry if this post wasn't needed. With the new rule, I thought it would be better if I could just post it here, instead of bumping an old thread for the sake of comparing.

On the Attack Ring section, I added some stuff about how Dranzer GT's attack ring can be effective. I will most likely need improvement on it though.
Guys, it is Middle Clutch, not final clutch. Good job By the way.
I think the overall bit should be edited slightly since it really isn't essential considering Upper Dragon is around the same in terms of upper and a lot easier to get. It's nice to have but I wouldn't say essential.
Upper dragon is better with pure upper in right spin, in left DGT is better and has smash aswell since the wings are slightly more exposed...
First combo in that draft is certainly not just effective against left spin beys. I actually find it more effective against right-spin beys. It also has rather good stamina due to the free spinning/bearing SG and the use of wide defense as a weight disk. This gives it an edge over other attack combinations in terms of stamina, even those on metal flat 2, as it is able to outspin certain defence customs that other attackers would struggle with.

I also prefer triangle wing to Upper Dragoon, not just because it's in left spin (Mc Frown finds Upper Dragoon works better in left spin than right, actually), but because it adds some smash to the combo, which is useful given that the combination's weight distribution and speed give it good potential for smash.
Big quote for you,th!nk Smile

I also suggest a combo with the SG Grip Change Base - Attack Ver. (Uriel 2), reading the Thread it seems that no one has mentioned this BB (maybe i'm wrong because i've read it very fast,cause i'm working on my thesis for an exam x'D).
But it need more tests,because thanks to this BB you have the possibility to add SPs,but at the moment i don't have any idea about SPs that can work good with the Triangle Wing,sorry!
Yes, its extremely fast, but its better not to recommend it.
The BB breaks very easily. Smile
I considered that too, actually, but there's only really one three-sided SP and that's Survivor Ring, which doesn't do anything offensively in left spin (it barely has any attack power in right spin, either).

That's probably the main reason Upper Tiger is my main choice on SP-enabled attackers, seeing as Upper Attack SP are basically the best Attack SP and the two work perfectly together. (*Note: I share Mc Frown's dislike of Fin Tectors.)

Also, seeing as there's no word on whether my method to use the tip in another base is legal, I'd be wary of using that, and as Jan said, the original is far too fragile (and I've only seen it recommended as a "High Power, High Breakage" Alternative to some combo's, not as a main one.)
(Nov. 15, 2011  12:50 PM)Benjohadi Wrote: Dranzer GT (Gigus Turbo/Gigs Turbo)

TAKARA released this beyblade as a booster pack together with other Gt's series with item code A-117. Hasbro also released this beyblade as a starter pack with the same characteristics and no changes made.

1.0 Attack Ring (AR): Triangle Wing

Triangle Wing depicts a three winged phoenix . It is a three-winged AR, each wing separated by protrusions shaped like a pheonix head, with a pair of slopes either side giving the impression of wings. The AR is the most precious part of Dranzer GT, because the wings with upper slope on its AR provide a great upper attack in both right spin and left spin (however very favoured in left spin). This AR is mainly used in Upper Attack customization. Triangle Wing is considered Top Tier for Upper Attack AR in its era and has high competitive value. This AR also known to have some use in Spin-Steal Customization as well.

1.1 Use in Upper Attack customization

WD: 10-Heavy
SG: Neo-Left SG(HMC)
BB: SG Metal Flat Base (Gaia Dragoon V Version)

SG: Neo Right SG (Metal Weight Version)
SP: Cross Survivor
BB: SG Grip Change Base

SG: Left Engine Gear (Turbo)
BB: First Clutch Base (Dragoon G Version)

Use in Spin-Steal Customization

2.0 Weight Disk (WD): 10-Balance

See 10-Balance

3.0 Spin Gear (SG/EG): Right Engine Gear (Reverse)

This Engine Gear appear to be one of the best gimmicks ever released in G series beyblades. While equiped with Final Clutch BB, this Engine Gear will release a very strong kick in anti-clockwise motion when the RPM is low, which enables the beyblade equiped with this Engine Gear to move in reverse motion behaviour. However, the strong anti-clockwise burst from the Engine Gear results in major loss in RPM. Thus, this Engine Gear cannot be used competitively seing that it results in a very great loss of RPM.

4.0 Final Clutch Base (Dranzer GT Version)

Like the other Final Clutch BB, this BB allows the EG to release while the RPM is low. Like the other Final Clutch BB too, this BB has an issue where the EG sometimes does not release. This might be due to its complex mechanism of the clutch system. In addition, this BB is a very tall BB that can be lifted up easily by any lower Upper Attack Combos beyblades. Thus, this BB does not has high value in the competitive game

5.0 CEW: Metal Semi-Flat
The Metal Semi-Flat CEW is not very useful for an Attacker as it has no grip while it has no agressive behaviour that suits with any Attacker. However, this CEW is the only CEW that works perfect with its original EG,that is Right Engine Gear (Reverse), which enable the "reverse" motion when the EG kicks in.
This CEW known to have some use while used with Left Engine (Turbo)

6.0 Gallery

7.0 Overall

Dranzer GT is a very pretty, rare and useful beyblade competitively . The unique/pretty design of its AR makes it very attractive to the eyes of collectors while the upper slope in the wings of the AR makes it very essential to an attacker blader. The very interesting gimmick produced by it's EG is also a valuable asset of Dranzer GT. Every blader/collector should own at least one of this beyblade. However,this beyblade will be quite costly in this era due to its limited production and its rarity.
Discuss to improve this draft...
might sounded awkward (my first beyblade related article) and i made this when i just wake up from evening nap..

Made some edits.
Umm, honestly I really prefer beyphilosopher's draft here. Sorry Benjo :c
I've got to agree.
If I have some time in this busy work week of mine, I'll edit BP's and incorporate what you've written, Ben-Ben, into his.
(Nov. 19, 2011  6:16 PM)Phoenix Inferno Wrote: Guys, it is Middle Clutch, not final clutch. Good job By the way.

its obviously final clutch bro...middle clutch never exist.. Tongue_out

yeah.i kinda like beyphilosoher's one more..it is explained better than my awkward strange words..XD
The structure I recall from my dranzer GT is identical to Draciel G's final clutch base, and the parts list on beywiki lists it as final clutch. While I vaguely recall something somewhere calling it "middle clutch", that was likely an error, and I hesitate to mention it in case it becomes grounds for an unnecessary argument.

Maybe there was some error somewhere, seeing as "final" clutch isn't actually designed to activate at the end of the battle, but more when the beyblade takes a strong enough impact for the tabs to retract and activate the engine gear. This may have caused some confusion as to the activation time and naming.
(Nov. 19, 2011  5:56 PM)BeyPhilosopher Wrote: Attack Ring (AR): Triangle Wing

Triangle Wing depicts 3 phoenix's wings with slopes for upper attack which is the prized part of this bey. 3 triangular heads are built in the middle of the wings for smash but, not effective due to the recoil produced. However, the recoil produced made itself good for both left-spin Upper Attack and right-spin Upper Attack, making it a versatile part.

Unfortunately, each one of the Triangle Wing has two slopes making the AR suitable for both right and left spin, but it caused the upper attack evenly distributed as it sacrifices half of it's attack. Due to this, the slopes are shorter than other upper attack AR's, i.e. Upper Dragoon (making Upper Dragoon more preferable for Upper Attack where it also suffer les recoil than Triangle Wing).

In conclusion, Upper Attacks only works for the beyblades in same spin direction where most plastics are right spin which is a reason Left Spin Upper Attack are less popular. Therefore, the usage of Triangle Wing for Left Spin Upper Attack is not recommended. However, despite its rather short slopes, it remains a very good counter when facing left spin choices and with correct customization, it can be used in Zombie customization.
Edited a bit..if it sound ok..but i dont know..slightly shorter..
and Th!nk's zombie combo can go in ?!?!

Dranzer GT's BB is just a modified Dranzer G's BB with different design and same clutch system mechanism with same arrangement.
(Nov. 21, 2011  1:49 PM)Benjohadi Wrote:
(Nov. 19, 2011  5:56 PM)BeyPhilosopher Wrote: Attack Ring (AR): Triangle Wing

Triangle Wing depicts 3 phoenix's wings with slopes for upper attack which is the prized part of this bey. 3 triangular heads are built in the middle of the wings for smash but, not effective due to the recoil produced. However, the recoil produced made itself good for both left-spin Upper Attack and right-spin Upper Attack, making it a versatile part.

Unfortunately, each one of the Triangle Wing has two slopes making the AR suitable for both right and left spin, but it caused the upper attack evenly distributed as it sacrifices half of it's attack. Due to this, the slopes are shorter than other upper attack AR's, i.e. Upper Dragoon (making Upper Dragoon more preferable for Upper Attack where it also suffer les recoil than Triangle Wing).

In conclusion, Upper Attacks only works for the beyblades in same spin direction where most plastics are right spin which is a reason Left Spin Upper Attack are less popular. Therefore, the usage of Triangle Wing for Left Spin Upper Attack is not recommended. However, despite its rather short slopes, it remains a very good counter when facing left spin choices and with correct customization, it can be used in Zombie customization.
Edited a bit..if it sound ok..but i dont know..slightly shorter..
and Th!nk's zombie combo can go in ?!?!

Dranzer GT's BB is just a modified Dranzer G's BB with different design and same clutch system mechanism with same arrangement.

No!! I said, it is middle clutch, not final clutch. Th!nkWink and I are right. Besides the edit sounds professional, good!
I dont want to argue much about it..Middle clutch..i never heard about it actually...but the arrangement of the mechanism is just the same as other Final Clutch BB actually..but i noticed..my Dranzer GT's clips are a bit more loose than Dranzer G's BB..but i'm not sure whether it is because of usage or is it "Middle Clutch"
but i'm very sure Kei listed this as Final Clutch BB in Parts List thread...
can Mods/Committe confirm this..
Phoenix, th!nk said it was final clutch. Middle clutch was apparently an error, but he's not positive. Read his post over again. For example, the entire first paragraph. Serious

So, you're pretty much the only one advocating this 'middle clutch' here. I may have gotten into Beyblade only during HMS and then took a 4 year hiatus, but from what I recall when I had plastics there was never a middle clutch.