Dranzer GT Article

Quote:Though, this versatility gives it a weakness, unfortunately.

get rid of this sentence. its unncisary.

Quote:Finally

seriosly? do not use such simplistic transitional words and phrases. the article is choppy at parts. it doesnt really flow.

Quote:majority of the plastic beyblades were right-spin, and upper attack needs to be in the same direction in order for it to work, as to why left spin upper attack is not a popular choice, and why left-spin upper attack Triangle Wing combos are not recommended. In the end, Triangle Wing has been outclassed

this is not very good. there are plently of beys in left spin and although most beys did come with right SGs, that isnt relevant to this article. if anything, left upper attavk and right upper attack are equals depending on the opponent, so do not say only use right spin. if you have left, use it if wanted. while opinions do not matter here, in my expierience, left upper attack does slightly better than right. i could be wrong though. in addition to diregarding my opinion, ommit all of yours as well. even if you didnt realize it, most begginer article writters tend to hode thier opinions inside of facts, wich later on leads to confusion. do your best to avoid this in the future.

i will only focus on the AR section for now. I will read more later
please forgive me if spelling errors are present. i am tired, sick, and using an almost dead itouch.
(Feb. 20, 2011  2:42 PM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote:
Quote:Though, this versatility gives it a weakness, unfortunately.

get rid of this sentence. its unncisary.

There's nothing actually wrong with it. I put it there to set the tone for the next paragraph.

Quote:Finally

seriosly? do not use such simplistic transitional words and phrases. the article is choppy at parts. it doesnt really flow.

It fitted where it needed to. It sounds okay to me.

Quote:majority of the plastic beyblades were right-spin, and upper attack needs to be in the same direction in order for it to work, as to why left spin upper attack is not a popular choice, and why left-spin upper attack Triangle Wing combos are not recommended. In the end, Triangle Wing has been outclassed

this is not very good. there are plently of beys in left spin and although most beys did come with right SGs, that isnt relevant to this article. if anything, left upper attavk and right upper attack are equals depending on the opponent, so do not say only use right spin. if you have left, use it if wanted. while opinions do not matter here, in my expierience, left upper attack does slightly better than right. i could be wrong though. in addition to diregarding my opinion, ommit all of yours as well. even if you didnt realize it, most begginer article writters tend to hode thier opinions inside of facts, wich later on leads to confusion. do your best to avoid this in the future.

i will only focus on the AR section for now. I will read more later
please forgive me if spelling errors are present. i am tired, sick, and using an almost dead itouch.

The Dragoon Series where the only Plastic Beyblades that where released with left-spin gears. And by the way, Left-Spin Upper Attack works better against Left-Spin combos than it does against Right Spin. And the only combos that are competitive in Left-Spin are Eight Spiker combos, and Zombie combos. Generally, your not gonna face many Left-Spin combos in tournaments. so Right-Spin would be the better option for Triangle Wing, yet, it is outclassed by Triple Tiger and Upper Dragoon, which have longer slopes.
uh plenty of left spin beys... There are only the 5 dragoons. Since no one uses left spin defence there's no point in using left spin upper since upper only works if both combos are in the same direction.
yes but its a bad transition. it seems out of place and un-wiki-like. Remove it. and "finnaly" almost sounds childlike

i wont argue about the left vs right, as those are completely valid truths, but still, alot of your article needs to be reworded.

on a more positive note, information wise, this is a very good article. the delivery couldd be better is what i am getting at
(Feb. 20, 2011  10:24 PM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: yes but its a bad transition. it seems out of place and un-wiki-like. Remove it. and "finnaly" almost sounds childlike

i wont argue about the left vs right, as those are completely valid truths, but still, alot of your article needs to be reworded.

on a more positive note, information wise, this is a very good article. the delivery couldd be better is what i am getting at

Okay, so just reword the 2nd paragraph of the AR section?
(Feb. 16, 2011  1:07 AM)Sequoia Wrote: Type: Attack
System: Engine Gear

AR: Triangle Wing
WD: 10-Balance
SG: Right Engine Gear (Reverse)
CEW: Metal Semi-Flat
BB: Final Clutch Base (Dranzer GT Version)

Attack Ring (AR): Triangle Wing

Triangle Wing is the prized part of this bey. Triangle Wing has 3 wings with slopes for upper attack. In the middle of these slopes, are triangles for smash. Though, Triangle Wing's contact points cause some recoil because of the triangles. However Triangle Wing features slopes on each side, thus lending itself to both left-spin Upper Attack and right-spin Upper Attack making it a versatile part. Though, this versatility gives it a weakness, unfortunately.

Triangle Wing is the prized part of this bey. It has 3 symmetrical wings with slopes on each side allowing for efficient upper attack in both right-spin and left-spin. Between each wing are triangular claws that deliver smash attack, but produces recoil. The versatility of this AR doesn’t come without costs, however.

Triangle Wing has two slopes on each side thus making the upper evenly distributed as it sacrifices half of it's upper for it to work in both directions. And because of this, the slope is not as long as other upper attack AR's, such as Upper Dragoon, as to why Upper Dragoon is generally chosen over it. Like mentioned above, Upper Dragoon's contact points do not leave as much recoil as Triangle Wing which is another reason Triangle Wing is not used for upper attack. Finally, majority of the plastic beyblades were right-spin, and upper attack needs to be in the same direction in order for it to work, as to why left spin upper attack is not a popular choice, and why left-spin upper attack Triangle Wing combos are not recommended. In the end, Triangle Wing has been outclassed.

Triangle Wing’s main drawback is that by focusing on both right-spin and left-spin upper attack, it decreases its potential in any one direction. As such, the Upper Dragoon AR, whose contact points suffer less recoil and whose slopes provides more/better upper attack, is generally chosen over it. It should be noted that upper attack requires the beyblade to spin in the same direction as its opponent for it to work. As such, left-spin upper attack beys are rarely used due to the low amount of left-spin released blades. And so, the use of Triangle wing in left-spin is not recommended.

With all of this being said, Triangle Wing still can be used to success since its slopes are at least long enough to lift up the opposing bey up, and is a good replacement for Upper Dragoon when it is not available.

That being said, Triangle Wing remains one of the best upper attack AR of the plastic generation whether in right-spin or left-spin and makes for a good replacement for Upper Dragoon if the latter is not available.

Use in Attack Customization
WD: Ten Heavy
SG: Neo-Right SG/ Neo-Left SG
SG Core: Heavy Metal Core (Takara Metal Driger)
BB: Storm Grip Base (Dragoon S)

For the Upper Attack to work successfully, the slopes must reach below the opposing blade, which is why Storm Grip base is essential for this to work. Heavy Metal Core adds weight, thus bringing the bey towards the center multiple times.

Weight Disk (WD): Ten Balance

See Ten Balance

Spin Gear (SG): Right Engine Gear (Reverse)

This Engine Gear is a very unique and interesting part. It features the ability to Reverse it's movement direction, hence its name. The reverse gimmick is activated after the midpoint, or towards the end of the battle as the bey it is being used on will slow down to allow the gimmick to be performed. The Reverse Engine Gear can be useful, if lucky, but because it requires luck for the opposing bey to be in the right place at the right time, this takes away it's competitive use. Another problem with this gimmick is that, along with other engine gears, the performance is usually hindered, and the outcome is even worse with this gear.

This Engine Gear is an interesting part. Released only with Dranzer GT, the Reverse EG, when activated, starts spinning in the beyblade(right-spin)’s opposing direction(left-spin) reversing the movement pattern from CCW to CW for a few seconds. While an interesting gimmick, the Reverse EG requires perfect conditions/luck to be successful and will suffer from decreased Endurance/Stamina afterward.

Customizable Engine Weight (CEW): Metal Semi-Flat

Metal Semi-Flat offers a semi-aggressive movement pattern that is meant to combine attributes with attack and stamina as the metal will reduce the friction to allow for more spin time. However, since it is only able to be used with engine gear parts, it does not have any other use. Though, due to the lack of many useful parts within the Engine Gear system, Metal Semi-Flat is a top-tier part in the EG type-tier.

Metal Semi-Flat offers a semi-aggressive movement pattern that combines the attributes from attack and stamina coupled with enhanced Endurance from Metal. Since the EG system as a whole is rather lacking, this part is outclassed. It is still one of the best tip against other EG customs however.

AR: 8 Spiker (Dragoon G)
WD: Wide Defense
SG: Left Engine Gear (Turbo)
BB: First Clutch Base (Dragoon G Version)

Blade Base (BB): Final Clutch Base (Dranzer GT Version)

Final Clutch Base (Dranzer GT Version) allows the Metal Semi-Flat Engine Gear to be activated towards the ending of the battle, and does not contain any other notable features as it is only compatible with certain beyblades, primarily engine gear types.

Overall

Dranzer GT was an interesting release. Being one of the last few plastic beyblades released before the start of the HMS beyblade system, Dranzer GT offered a pretty interesting gimmick, with that gimmick being the ability to change its movement direction in battle. However, as it was meant for gimmick purposes only, it is not competitively used since the gimmick hinders the beyblade's spin velocity and overall performance. Triangle Wing, the prized part of this bey, offers pretty exceptional upper attack. Though, it is slightly outclassed and should be used as an alternative for Upper Dragoon. With that being said, Dranzer GT would not hurt to have in one's collection.

Dranzer GT's main appeal is its Triangle Wing AR which offers considerable Upper Attack in both right-spin and left-spin direction. Another notable part is the Reverse Engine Gear which allows to change the beyblade's movement pattern in the middle of a match. While not incredibly useful, it is still an interesting gimmick to play with.
Your edits aren't really worded to well, and kind of contradict what you say. The article didn't really need a complete overhaul. It just needed a few editing in the 2nd paragraph of the AR.

It's an attack type? I thought most Dranzers were balance.....

Maybe I'm wrong here.......
(Feb. 21, 2011  1:49 AM)Sparta Wrote:

It's an attack type? I thought most Dranzers were balance.....

Maybe I'm wrong here.......

Most are, but just like Driger G, both where attack although their previous generation's beyblades were balance.

Triangle Wing is the prized part of this bey. (wings) Triangle Wing has 3 wings with slopes for upper attack. (claws) In the middle of these slopes, are triangular claws for smash. Though, Triangle Wing's contact points cause some recoil because of the claws. (wings) However Triangle Wing features slopes on each side, thus lending itself to both left-spin Upper Attack and right-spin Upper Attack making it a versatile part. Though, this versatility gives it a weakness, unfortunately. Group your information.

Triangle Wing has two slopes on each side thus making the upper attack evenly distributed (last sentence, first paragraph. It says you're gonna talk about it, no need to repeat yourself) as it sacrifices half of it's attack for it to work in both directions. And because of this, the slopes are not as long as other upper attack AR's, such as Upper Dragoon, as to why Upper Dragoon is generally chosen over it. Like As mentioned above, Upper Dragoon's contact points do not leave as much recoil as Triangle Wing, which is another reason Triangle Wing is not the main choice for upper attack. To conclude, majority of the plastic beyblades were right-spin, and upper attack needs to be in the same direction in order for it to work, as to why left spin upper attack is not a popular choice, and why the use of Triangle Wing in left spin for upper attack is not recommended. In the end, Triangle Wing remains outclassed.

With all of This/That being said, Triangle Wing still can be used to relative success since its slopes are at least long enough to lift up the opposing bey, and is generally a good replacement for Upper Dragoon when it is not available. Who talked about contradictions?

For the Upper Attack to work successfully, the slopes must reach below the opposing blade, which is why Storm Grip base is essential for this to work. Heavy Metal Core adds weight, thus bringing the bey towards the center multiple times.

See Ten Balance

This Engine Gear is a very unique and interesting part. It features the ability to Reverse it's movement direction, hence its name. The reverse gimmick is activated after the midpoint, or towards the end of the battle (Isn't that dependant of the blade base clutch?) as the bey it is being used on will slow down to allow the gimmick to be performed. The Reverse Engine Gear can be useful, if lucky, but because it requires luck for the opposing bey to be in the right place at the right time, this takes away it's competitive use. Another problem with this gimmick is that, along with other engine gears, the performance is usually hindered, and the outcome is even worse with this gear.

Metal Semi-Flat offers a semi-aggressive movement pattern that is meant to combine attributes with attack and stamina as the metal will reduce the friction to allow for more spin time. However, since it is only able to be used with engine gear parts, it does not have any other use. Though, due to the lack of many useful parts within the Engine Gear system, Metal Semi-Flat is a top-tier part in the EG type-tier.

Final Clutch Base (Dranzer GT Version) allows the Metal Semi-Flat Engine Gear to be activated towards the ending of the battle, and does not contain any other notable features as it is only compatible with certain beyblades, primarily engine gear types.

Overall

Dranzer GT was an interesting release. Being one of the last few plastic beyblades released before the start of the HMS beyblade system, Dranzer GT offered a pretty interesting gimmick, with that gimmick being the ability to change its movement direction in battle. However, as it was meant for gimmick purposes only, it is not competitively used since the gimmick hinders the beyblade's spin velocity and overall performance. Triangle Wing, the prized part of this bey, offers pretty exceptional upper attack. Though, it is slightly outclassed (Is it outclassed, slightly outclassed, good or exceptional?) and should be used as an alternative for Upper Dragoon. With that being said, Dranzer GT would not hurt to have in one's collection.

I still think mine is overall better.

Triangle Wing is the prized part of this bey. (wings) Triangle Wing has 3 wings with slopes for upper attack. (claws) In the middle of these slopes, are triangular claws for smash. Though, Triangle Wing's contact points cause some recoil because of the claws. (wings) However Triangle Wing features slopes on each side, thus lending itself to both left-spin Upper Attack and right-spin Upper Attack making it a versatile part. Though, this versatility gives it a weakness, unfortunately. Group your information.(It's fine.)

Triangle Wing has two slopes on each side thus making the upper attack evenly distributed (last sentence, first paragraph. It says you're gonna talk about it, no need to repeat yourself)(Gee, note that this sentence features a lot of stuff, and the last sentence of that paragraph is meant to set the tone for the following one. Plus, I didn't really repeat my self at all.) as it sacrifices half of it's attack for it to work in both directions. And because of this, the slopes are not as long as other upper attack AR's, such as Upper Dragoon, as to why Upper Dragoon is generally chosen over it. Like As (Like seems like a better word (Irony LOL))mentioned above, Upper Dragoon's contact points do not leave as much recoil as Triangle Wing, which is another reason Triangle Wing is not the main choice for upper attack. To conclude, majority of the plastic beyblades were right-spin, and upper attack needs to be in the same direction in order for it to work, as to why left spin upper attack is not a popular choice, and why the use of Triangle Wing in left spin for upper attack is not recommended. In the end, Triangle Wing remains outclassed.

With all of This/That(It sounds awkward thanks to you) being said, Triangle Wing still can be used to relative success since its slopes are at least long enough to lift up the opposing bey, and is generally a good replacement for Upper Dragoon when it is not available. Who talked about contradictions? This is not a contradiction. It is outclassed, which is why it should be used for replacement purposes.

See Ten Balance

This Engine Gear is a very unique and interesting part. It features the ability to Reverse it's movement direction, hence its name. The reverse gimmick is activated after the midpoint, or towards the end of the battle (Isn't that dependant of the blade base clutch?) as the bey it is being used on will slow down to allow the gimmick to be performed. The Reverse Engine Gear can be useful, if lucky, but because it requires luck for the opposing bey to be in the right place at the right time, this takes away it's competitive use. Another problem with this gimmick is that, along with other engine gears, the performance is usually hindered, and the outcome is even worse with this gear.

Final Clutch Base (Dranzer GT Version) allows the Metal Semi-Flat Engine Gear to be activated towards the end of the battle, and does not contain any other notable features as it is only compatible with certain beyblades, primarily engine gear types.

Overall

Dranzer GT was an interesting release. Being one of the last few plastic beyblades released before the start of the HMS beyblade system, Dranzer GT offered a pretty interesting gimmick, with that gimmick (It is fine to leave it in there) being the ability to change its movement direction in battle. However, as it was meant for gimmick purposes only, it is not competitively used since the gimmick hinders the beyblade's spin velocity and overall performance. Triangle Wing, the prized part of this bey, offers pretty exceptional upper attack. Though, it is slightly outclassed (Is it outclassed, slightly outclassed, good or exceptional?)(It can offer exceptional attack yet still be outclassed.) and should be used as an alternative for Upper Dragoon. With that being said, Dranzer GT would not hurt to have in one's collection.