[Draft]  Ring - Variant

Variant (バリアント, Barianto) is a Ring released by Takara Tomy as part of the Burst System as well as the Superking Layer System. It debuted in Japan with the release of the B-169 Starter Variant Lucifer Mobius 2D on July 18th, 2020.
==Description==
Variant is a right spin ring that features twelve small points along the perimeter of the Ring. The points are angled downward in order to deflect attacks. Despite being designed for Defense, Variant is recoil heavy due to its shape; the twelve points stick outward too prominently. Furthermore, Variant's light weight creates low inertia, which combined with the high recoil design, makes it prone to Bursts. As a result, Variant's shape is ineffective for Attack Combinations, and its weight is ineffective for Defense and Stamina Combinations. Even with a double chassis, there are better options available.
==Overall==
Due to its extremely light weight compared to many Rings, as well as the poor contact points making it ineffective in Attack Combinations, and being too recoil heavy for other Combinations, Variant is outclassed for competitive use by all other Rings in all areas.

As such, Variant is meant for collection purposes only.
Nice! But beywiki usually doesn’t talk in terms of competitiveness.
(Oct. 07, 2021  8:48 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Nice! But beywiki usually doesn’t talk in terms of competitiveness.

They most often do, lol. The overall section of each part is just not in every complete bey, but if you look at the individual part pages, a lot of the point is to tell you which stuff is useful and which is not. That's how I see it, at least.
(Oct. 08, 2021  1:21 AM)Suzaku-X Wrote:
(Oct. 07, 2021  8:48 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Nice! But beywiki usually doesn’t talk in terms of competitiveness.

They most often do, lol. The overall section of each part is just not in every complete bey, but if you look at the individual part pages, a lot of the point is to tell you which stuff is useful and which is not. That's how I see it, at least.

Some pages even suggest possible combinations for a particular part that would use it most effectively, and how it fits into the meta in each format. 

(Oct. 07, 2021  2:29 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote: Despite being designed for Defense, Variant is recoil heavy due to its shape; the twelve points stick outward too prominently. 

I'm not sure that I agree with this. Variant's spikes are fairly stout and aren't so drastically exposed, and the spaces between them are fairly shallow. They're not the right shape to deliver the kind of hit that would cause significant recoil. I do agree that its weight - or lack thereof - gives it little to no resistance to knockback.