[Draft]  Performance Tip/Driver - Bearing

Quote:Bearing is a Performance Tip released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-98 Ultra Transformation Set on November 11, 2017.

==Description==
Bearing features a free spinning, low angled cone tip that is coated with PolyOxyMethylene (POM) plastic and supported by ball bearings, akin to a mix between Yielding and Bearing Drive from Metal Fight Beyblade.

The coating of POM plastic reduces friction between the stadium floor and the tip while the ball bearings reduces friction between the tip and the shaft, features that grant Bearing the highest Stamina potential in the game*. While the POM increases stamina throughout the battle, due to the ball bearings, when a Bearing combination is low on spin velocity and tips over on an angle, it will not roam but instead stay in one place due to the cone tip stopping and the Disk and Layer's spin acting as a gyroscope supported by the free spinning shaft. Furthermore, the low friction and free spinning aspects heavily bolster a combination's Burst resistance.

However, the POM tip creates a critical weakness, like Yielding, Bearing is liable to losses by Knock-Out due to the low friction between the tip and the stadium floor making any Bearing combination highly vulnerable to Attack combinations.

==Overall==

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-98 Ultra Transformation Set Deep Chaos 4Flow Bearing (translucent yellow, white POM)
==Hasbro==

DO NOT BELIEVE THE DESCRIPTION IS ACCURATE. I'm basing it off of Bearing Drive but who knows how the POM tip will change its performance. For all I know it could make it tip over at low spin velocities due to too little friction.

And I know the first sentence of the second paragraph can be taken as innuendo, stop giggling
Isn't it somewhat presumptous to write a draft for a part that hasn't been yet released?
(Nov. 10, 2017  11:03 PM)Shaady Wrote: Isn't it somewhat presumptous to write a draft for a part that hasn't been yet released?

Just making a base so that more information can be put in
(Nov. 10, 2017  11:03 PM)Shaady Wrote: Isn't it somewhat presumptous to write a draft for a part that hasn't been yet released?

I mean, might as well get over it rather than waiting anxiously. It'll be easy to change once people do testing and it'll be less work when you do change it. Most of the info rn is probably true but even if it isn't the sentence frames still remain
The tip isnt coated with pom.its made of pom.and that stopping and spinning at an angle thing also increases pressicision
(Nov. 11, 2017  11:48 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: The tip isnt coated with pom.its made of pom.and that stopping and spinning at an angle thing also increases pressicision

Mono said "DO NOT ASSUME THE DESCRIPTION TO BE ACCURATE", we won't know much more about Bearing until one of us gets it and tests it.
(Nov. 11, 2017  6:35 PM)Mage Wrote:
(Nov. 11, 2017  11:48 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: The tip isnt coated with pom.its made of pom.and that stopping and spinning at an angle thing also increases pressicision

Mono said "DO NOT ASSUME THE DESCRIPTION TO BE ACCURATE", we won't know much more about Bearing until one of us gets it and tests it.
This is a fact pom is material things are made out of it not coated with it. Also for that spinning at an angle thing i saw it on yt vids
(Nov. 11, 2017  8:21 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Nov. 11, 2017  6:35 PM)Mage Wrote: Mono said "DO NOT ASSUME THE DESCRIPTION TO BE ACCURATE", we won't know much more about Bearing until one of us gets it and tests it.
This is a fact pom is material things are made out of it not coated with it. Also for that spinning at an angle thing i saw it on yt vids

I do not disagree with the POM part but I do disagree on its precession. Sure, YT vids make it seem like it has worse precession but until we get a hold of it we shouldn't jump to conclusions
so would this likely be a "collection purpose only" piece? I'm curious to see how well this performs, if well at all...
i saw how bearing performs and its extremely good for LAD but the tip is so wide and with the bearing i dont think it can be knock out easily
I saw @[marutti] video I think, and it seemed kinda worse than B:D at wobbling upright on the tip, as B:D could stand up on the tip at the end, wheareas this just fell over at the last second. But stamina seems decent, probably from the bearing and POM. Hoping that this is at least a welcome addition, otherwise RIP my hype for this.
(Nov. 12, 2017  3:34 PM)Dragunix Wrote: I saw @[marutti] video I think, and it seemed kinda worse than BGrin at wobbling upright on the tip, as BGrin could stand up on the tip at the end, wheareas this just fell over at the last second. But stamina seems decent, probably from the bearing and POM. Hoping that this is at least a welcome addition, otherwise RIP my wallet if the set isn't good.

Dude, the set comes with 3 great disks, 3 great Frames, a good staller Driver (Zephyr), ATOMIC and Drain Fafnir. The other Layers seem great as well. It will be worth your money even if one or two parts aren't good
I am fully aware of that, thank you

I was talking about Bearing only in terms of my hopes for it. Sorry
Oh god, Bearing is going to be a pain for judges
It rolls SO MUCH and it gets hard to tell when the layer is touching the stadium when the other bey is in the way
I hope that it doesn't make that much noise
(Nov. 13, 2017  1:36 AM)beyblader 5372 Wrote: I hope that it doesn't make that much noise

well it is a POM surface and on a bearing so unless the bearing is bad it would be quite quiet.
so far the info i have of bearing is that it bursts too easily(cuz it has a weak spring making it looser/less tight than other drivers) and is easy to destabbilize like yeilding meaning its useless for right spin stamina. it has the best pressicision out of all drivers its only useful combo is dF on Br which can outspin all other right spin defense and stamina but can be beaten by other dF variants and attack
Should we add gravity, I know that would probably make the bey the most unburst resistant bey of all time but if you added a layer like Odin or orichalcum (I’m just going off YouTube vids for orichalcum!) it should be fine. Supposing that it’s KO Defense is bad like in the the draft, gravity should fix it or at least make it better.

But it would still probably be destroyed by lS
(Dec. 20, 2017  1:59 PM)Maximum beys Wrote: Should we add gravity, I know that would probably make the bey the most unburst resistant bey of all time but if you added a layer like Odin or orichalcum (I’m just going off YouTube vids for orichalcum!) it should be fine. Supposing that it’s KO Defense is bad like in the the draft, gravity should fix it or at least make it better.

But it would still probably be destroyed by lS
Bearing's burst defense  is already very bad and using something gravity will cause the combo to burst too much to be useful. Orichalchum and shadow orichachulm do not have that good defense to compensate  for bearing's poor defense. So using either of them with bearing will result in a combo having very bad ko and burst defense. And if odin is used the combo would easily get destabilized by atomic based combos i guess but it should be tried.
(Nov. 10, 2017  10:24 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Bearing is a Performance Tip released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-98 Ultra Transformation Set on November 11, 2017.

==Description==
Bearing features a free spinning, low angled cone tip composed of PolyOxyMethylene (POM) plastic and supported by ball bearings, akin to a mix between Yielding and Bearing Drive from Metal Fight Beyblade.

The POM plastic reduces friction between the stadium floor and the tip while the ball bearings reduces friction between the tip and the shaft, features that grant Bearing the highest Stamina potential in the game. Furthermore the bearing supported free-spinning shaft resists roaming if a Bearing combination is off balance or low on spin, helping a combination remain in the center as much as possible.

However, Bearing features two critical weaknesses. The first is the poor Knock-Out resistance caused by the POM tip; since there is so little friction between the tip and stadium floor, Bearing combinations are highly susceptible to Knock-Outs. The second and the more important is the poor Burst resistance; while low friction and free-spinning tips normally increase a combination's Burst resistance, Bearing's spring lock is noticeable much weaker than any other Performance Tip at the time of writing, making Bearing combinations the easiest to Burst in the game.

==Use in Stamina/Spin-Equalization Combinations==
Bearing can be put to use in the Stamina/Spin-Equalization combination Drain Fafnir 0/2/4/5/7 Glaive/Cross Bearing. The high procession time and Stamina of Bearing further bolsters the inherent Stamina of Drain Fafnir and 0/2/4/5/7 Glaive/Cross while the Left-Spin nature of Drain Fafnir can compensate for Bearing's poor Burst resistance against Right Spin opponents while Bearing free-spinning tip bolsters Drain Fafnir's spin-equalization. However this combinations is highly susceptible against Left-Spin opponents such Nightmare Longinus

==Overall==
While Bearing has the highest Stamina potential in the game, its critically poor Knock-Out and Burst resistance makes it lag behind Revolve and Atomic for Stamina purposes. While it can be used with Drain Fafnir, its versatility is low. As such Bearing is recommended for collection purposes only.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-98 God Customize Set Deep Chaos 4Flow Bearing (translucent yellow, white POM)
==Hasbro==
In Leftburst's video, dF with 4G and Br. bursted against mG. Probably a fluke though.
Fafnir with bearing would work best with steal spinning. But still agree with the collection purpose part.
I watched some leftburst videos and in their unboxing of the set, if hard launched, it goes off balanced and moves in a somewhat semi-aggressive movement pattern so may you add that the rest looks fantastic as always
(Jan. 06, 2018  9:30 PM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Nov. 10, 2017  10:24 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Bearing is a Performance Tip released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-98 Ultra Transformation Set on November 11, 2017.

==Description==
Bearing features a free spinning, low angled cone tip composed of PolyOxyMethylene (POM) plastic and supported by ball bearings, akin to a mix between Yielding and Bearing Drive from Metal Fight Beyblade.

The POM plastic reduces friction between the stadium floor and the tip while the ball bearings reduces friction between the tip and the shaft, features that grant Bearing the highest Stamina potential in the game. Furthermore the bearing supported free-spinning shaft resists roaming if a Bearing combination is off balance or low on spin, helping a combination remain in the center as much as possible.

However, Bearing features three critical weaknesses. The first is the poor Knock-Out resistance caused by the POM tip; since there is so little friction between the tip and stadium floor, Bearing combinations are highly susceptible to Knock-Outs. The second and the more important is the poor Burst resistance; while low friction and free-spinning tips normally increase a combination's Burst resistance, Bearing's spring lock is noticeable much weaker than any other Performance Tip at the time of writing, making Bearing combinations the easiest to Burst in the game.
Lastly,  the tip of Bearing has a sharper angle than Performance Tips such as Revolve, making it very prone to destabilization in same spin matchups. 

==Use in Stamina/Spin-Equalization Combinations==
Bearing can be put to use in the Stamina/Spin-Equalization combination Level chip Hell Salamander 0/10/5/7 Glaive/Cross/Bump Bearing. The high procession time and Stamina of Bearing further bolsters the inherent Stamina of Hell Salamander and 0/2/4/5/7 Glaive/Cross while the Left-Spin nature of Hell Salamander can compensate for Bearing's poor Burst resistance against Right Spin opponents while Bearing free-spinning tip bolsters Hell Salamander's spin-equalization. However this combinations is highly susceptible against Left-Spin opponents such Bloody Longinus.

==Use in Spin-Equalizing Customization==
Bearing can be put to use in Spin Equalizing Customization Spryzen Requiem S3 0/7/10 Bump/Lift Bearing. The high burst resistance and dual spin nature of Spryzen Requiem S3 compensates for the low burst resistance of Bearing whereas the strong Spin-Equalizing properties  of Spryzen Reqiem S3 due to its rubber coated contact points are further bolstered by the high prescession and free spinning nature of Bearing. The heavy weight of 0/7/10 Lift/Bump lower the center of gravity of the combo allowing it to stay upright at very low spin velocities thus making it almost unbeatable  by spin finishes in opposite-spin matchups.  However,  this Customization is weak against same spin opponents.

==Use in Stamina Customization==
Bearing can be put to use in Level Chip Archer Hercules 7/0/10 Bump/Glaive/Cross Bearing. The high burst resistance of Archer Hercules  compensates for the low burst resistance of Bearing while the free spinning and low friction of Bearing bolster the high stamina of Archer Hercules. This Customization is highly successful against left spin opponents and Customization who lack high destabilization properties.

==Overall==
While Bearing has the highest Stamina potential in the game, its critically poor Knock-Out, poor resistance against destabilization  and Burst resistance makes it lag behind Revolve and Atomic for Stamina purposes. However due to the fact that Bearing  features the highest precession in the game, it is an essential  part of Spin-Equalization Customizations, making it a Must-Have for any Competitive blader. 

==Differences in Hasbro Version==
The Hasbro release of Bearing lacks the POM coating and instead uses normal plastic in place. Furthermore, the Hasbro release of Bearing features a tight spring, making it one of the hardest Performance Tips of burst. This makes Hasbro release of Bearing one of the best Performance Tips for Stamina,  Spin- Equalizing  and Balance Customizations alongside Hasbro release of Atomic.  Due to its wide range of uses the Hasbro Release of Bearing is a Must-Have for any Competitive  blader.

==Use in Stamina Customization==
Bearing can be put to use in Stamina Customization Caynox C3 7 Bearing. The high stamina of Caynox C3 combined with High outward weight distribution of 7 disk and the low friction of Bearing,  allows this Customization to outspin most of the popular Defense and Stamina Customizations while the spring loaded  gimmick of Caynox C3 layer helps prevent destabilization. The round shape of Caynox C3 and the high precession of Bearing allows this Customization  to beat mist of the opposite  spin opponents however this Customization  is highlh vulnerable  to Attack types. 

==Use in Spin-Equalizing Customization==
Bearing can be put to use in Spin Equalizing Customization Fafnir F3 0/7/5/2/4 Glaive/Cross  Bearing. The strong burst resistance of Fafnir F3 is further bolstered by Bearing where as Spin-Equalizing potential  of Fafnir F3 is further bolstered by the free-spining nature And high precession of Bearing. These features allow this Customization to outspin almost all opposite spin opponents if it is unable to burst them. 

==Use in Balance Customization==
Bearing can be put to use in Balance Customization Noctemis N3 2/4/5/0/7 Glaive/Cross Bearing. The high Stamina and strong burst resistance  of Noctemis N3 is bolstered  by the low friction  and tight spring of Bearing. Thanks to the aggressive shape of Noctemis N3 this Customization is capable of bursting Customization which may be able to outspin it in same spin while the high precession of Bearing allows this Customization to beat majority of opposite spin opponents, making this Customization a very safe choice for competitive  play. 

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-98 God Customize Set Deep Chaos 4Flow Bearing (translucent yellow, white POM)
==Hasbro==
Updated