[Draft]  Metal Wheel - Jade

Quote:==Description==
Jade is a 4D Fusion Wheel designed for Defense that features four large counter-clockwise blades. As part of the 4D System, Jade is composed of two parts, a Metal Core and Metal Frame, which can be adjusted for two modes, "Endurance Mode" and "Defense Mode". Jade's Frame contains the Wheel's primary gimmick, four balls on tracks akin to the GB145 Track.

In Endurance Mode the four balls can move freely on the tracks and, in theory, would move outward due to centrifugal force to increase Outward-Weight-Distribution and Stamina Potential and would move inward when spin speeds drops to increase Centralized-Weight-Distribution and Defense potential. In Defense Mode, the metal balls are locked into the inner position to maintain the higher Centralized-Weight-Distribution throughout the battle. In practice however, the small size of and short distance traveled by the metal balls is too small to create a noticeable effect.

Furthermore, due to the design of the gimmick, Jade features numerous gaps in its perimeter that both creates recoil and makes the Wheel light compared to many other 4D Wheels, severely hindering Defense Potential.

==Overall==
Jade features an ineffective gimmick, a recoil producing design and comparatively light weight, making it outclassed by many other Wheels such as Duo or Death. While legal in the Limited Format, Jade is still outclassed by Wheels such as Earth.

As such, Jade is recommended for collection purposes only.
Shouldn't this be a must-have for Limited Format? Seeing as it is one of the heaviest wheels? I assume that Earth might be competetive, but there's no way that Earth beats Jade.
(Aug. 27, 2018  4:12 AM)jade_juper Wrote: Shouldn't this be a must-have for Limited Format? Seeing as it is one of the heaviest wheels? I assume that Earth might be competetive, but there's no way that Earth beats Jade.

Too much recoil, that's the problem. There's a reason you never see it on the winning combos list
(Aug. 27, 2018  4:39 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2018  4:12 AM)jade_juper Wrote: Shouldn't this be a must-have for Limited Format? Seeing as it is one of the heaviest wheels? I assume that Earth might be competetive, but there's no way that Earth beats Jade.

Too much recoil, that's the problem. There's a reason you never see it on the winning combos list

I see. Shouldn't the recoil be very manageable with say Jade Cancer GB145/ED145/S130 RS be a good combo? RS practically impossible to move, and with Jade in Stamina mode, the Spin time is bound to get a boost, no matter how slight.
(Aug. 27, 2018  4:58 AM)jade_juper Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2018  4:39 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Too much recoil, that's the problem. There's a reason you never see it on the winning combos list

I see. Shouldn't the recoil be very manageable with say Jade Cancer GB145/ED145/S130 RS be a good combo? RS practically impossible to move, and with Jade in Stamina mode, the Spin time is bound to get a boost, no matter how slight.

You might get some results on the Defense side, but the recoil also kills Stamina, and the gimmick completely fails to function. You're still much better off using Earth or even Burn
(Aug. 27, 2018  5:05 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2018  4:58 AM)jade_juper Wrote: I see. Shouldn't the recoil be very manageable with say Jade Cancer GB145/ED145/S130 RS be a good combo? RS practically impossible to move, and with Jade in Stamina mode, the Spin time is bound to get a boost, no matter how slight.

You might get some results on the Defense side, but the recoil also kills Stamina, and the gimmick completely fails to function. You're still much better off using Earth or even Burn

I suppose it has recoil, but really any wheel is impossible to move with the RS tip. Burn doesn't seem to do well, but I can't test Earth as it is painted.
(Aug. 27, 2018  5:08 AM)jade_juper Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2018  5:05 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: You might get some results on the Defense side, but the recoil also kills Stamina, and the gimmick completely fails to function. You're still much better off using Earth or even Burn

I suppose it has recoil, but really any wheel is impossible to move with the RS tip. Burn doesn't seem to do well, but I can't test Earth as it is painted.

The recoil will drain its stamina.
(Aug. 27, 2018  1:55 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2018  5:08 AM)jade_juper Wrote: I suppose it has recoil, but really any wheel is impossible to move with the RS tip. Burn doesn't seem to do well, but I can't test Earth as it is painted.

The recoil will drain its stamina.

That makes sense. But what if it gets set in Stamina mode? Stamina mode has a lot more balance.
(Aug. 27, 2018  2:00 PM)jade_juper Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2018  1:55 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: The recoil will drain its stamina.

That makes sense. But what if it gets set in Stamina mode? Stamina mode has a lot more balance.

Stamina Mode has no effect, metal balls are too small
(Aug. 27, 2018  2:03 PM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2018  2:00 PM)jade_juper Wrote: That makes sense. But what if it gets set in Stamina mode? Stamina mode has a lot more balance.

Jade Cancer GB145RS managed to beat Flash Unicorno S130R2F almost everytime, and Flash is not even allowed in limited. I did the tests myself.
(Aug. 27, 2018  2:03 PM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2018  2:00 PM)jade_juper Wrote: That makes sense. But what if it gets set in Stamina mode? Stamina mode has a lot more balance.

How can Jade be outclassed by Earth? Jade's a 4D and Earth is a metal fusion wheel. No way that's possible, and I'll run the tests to prove it.
(Sep. 02, 2018  2:59 AM)jade_juper Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2018  2:03 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Stamina Mode has no effect, metal balls are too small

How can Jade be outclassed by Earth? Jade's a 4D and Earth is a metal fusion wheel. No way that's possible, and I'll run the tests to prove it.

There's a reason why you never see Jade in the Winning Combos list while Earth is a common sight. Earth's gaps are so small they're almost nonexistant and the thickness of the walls creates high Outward Weight Distribution which also creates high stamina. Relatively heavy weight in Limited, very low recoil and high stamina, that's why Earth outclasses Jade
(Sep. 02, 2018  3:17 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Sep. 02, 2018  2:59 AM)jade_juper Wrote: How can Jade be outclassed by Earth? Jade's a 4D and Earth is a metal fusion wheel. No way that's possible, and I'll run the tests to prove it.

There's a reason why you never see Jade in the Winning Combos list while Earth is a common sight. Earth's gaps are so small they're almost nonexistant and the thickness of the walls creates high Outward Weight Distribution which also creates high stamina. Relatively heavy weight in Limited, very low recoil and high stamina, that's why Earth outclasses Jade

I'll test it again nonetheless.
(Sep. 02, 2018  3:37 AM)jade_juper Wrote:
(Sep. 02, 2018  3:17 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: There's a reason why you never see Jade in the Winning Combos list while Earth is a common sight. Earth's gaps are so small they're almost nonexistant and the thickness of the walls creates high Outward Weight Distribution which also creates high stamina. Relatively heavy weight in Limited, very low recoil and high stamina, that's why Earth outclasses Jade

I'll test it again nonetheless.
another thing to consider is that Earth is 30-33 grams whereas Jade is 39.15 grams (according to the wikia) so the weight difference is not that large.
Alright! So I finished up with the testing.

Flash Unicorno 85 R2F Vs MF-H Jade Cancer GB145RS

0-5 in favour of Jade Cancer GB145RS.

Flash Unicorno 85 R2F Vs MF-H Earth Cancer GB145RS

1-4 in favour of Earth Cancer GB145RS.

As you can tell, Jade performed better. It is worth noting that I put Jade in stamina mode. All humanly controllable variables were controlled. I market the place where I and my fellow tester sat with tape, made a way to make sure that both of us launched from the same height, used the same launchers for Earth and Jade Cancer GB145RS and for Flash Unicorno 85R2F, the same ripcords too. All windows were closed and anything such as a fan was turned off.

I imagine that's fairly conclusive proof that Jade is slightly better than Earth.
(Sep. 02, 2018  9:53 AM)jade_juper Wrote: Alright! So I finished up with the testing.

As you can tell, Jade performed better. It is worth noting that I put Jade in stamina mode. All humanly controllable variables were controlled. I market the place where I and my fellow tester sat with tape, made a way to make sure that both of us launched from the same height, used the same launchers for Earth and Jade Cancer GB145RS and for Flash Unicorno 85R2F, the same ripcords too. All windows were closed and anything such as a fan was turned off.

I imagine that's fairly conclusive proof that Jade is slightly better than Earth.

I would still use earth nonetheless
(Sep. 02, 2018  1:19 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Sep. 02, 2018  9:53 AM)jade_juper Wrote: Alright! So I finished up with the testing.

I would still use earth nonetheless

I think that earth is only preferable as you can find it easier than Jade. Even without the usefullness of Jade in the limited format, S130, RB and Jupiter are good parts. S130 is amazing for attack, RB for defense and Jupiter for stamina. I'd say they should be must have beyblades.
Can Jade Jupiter be made a "must-have due to all parts of it being competetive. The Jupiter energy ring can aid in stamina, while the S130 boosts attack and RB can provide amazing defensive capabilities. Jade has no use in regular format, however it is one of the best choices for defense wheels in the Limited category. "
(Sep. 04, 2018  12:57 AM)jade_juper Wrote: Can Jade Jupiter be made a "must-have due to all parts of it being competetive. The Jupiter energy ring can aid in stamina, while the S130 boosts attack and RB can provide amazing defensive capabilities. Jade has no use in regular format, however it is one of the best choices for defense wheels in the Limited category. "

This article focuses solely on Jade only, not Jade Jupiter as a whole.
(Sep. 04, 2018  1:17 AM)Jinbee Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2018  12:57 AM)jade_juper Wrote: Can Jade Jupiter be made a "must-have due to all parts of it being competetive. The Jupiter energy ring can aid in stamina, while the S130 boosts attack and RB can provide amazing defensive capabilities. Jade has no use in regular format, however it is one of the best choices for defense wheels in the Limited category. "

This article focuses solely on Jade only, not Jade Jupiter as a whole.

True, but I say that that should be Jade Jupiter as a whole's description
(Sep. 04, 2018  1:37 AM)jade_juper Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2018  1:17 AM)Jinbee Wrote: This article focuses solely on Jade only, not Jade Jupiter as a whole.

True, but I say that that should be Jade Jupiter as a whole's description

They don't do overall descriptions for whole beys now, that's pretty much the entire reason why each part is getting rewritten with their own overall section, similar to the Burst parts and how they're making an article page for each part. They're doing it here too.
(Sep. 04, 2018  1:53 AM)Jinbee Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2018  1:37 AM)jade_juper Wrote: True, but I say that that should be Jade Jupiter as a whole's description

They don't do overall descriptions for whole beys now, that's pretty much the entire reason why each part is getting rewritten with their own overall section, similar to the Burst parts and how they're making an article page for each part. They're doing it here too.

Oh. Well even in that Case, Jade should be a must have. It's quite useful, I tested it and it beats Earth.
(Sep. 04, 2018  1:59 AM)jade_juper Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2018  1:53 AM)Jinbee Wrote: They don't do overall descriptions for whole beys now, that's pretty much the entire reason why each part is getting rewritten with their own overall section, similar to the Burst parts and how they're making an article page for each part. They're doing it here too.

Oh. Well even in that Case, Jade should be a must have. It's quite useful, I tested it and it beats Earth.

Unless I either:
1. See Jade on the Winning Combos List
2. Get confirmation from a Metal Fight Limited regular competitor

I'm not putting that in
(Sep. 04, 2018  2:12 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2018  1:59 AM)jade_juper Wrote: Oh. Well even in that Case, Jade should be a must have. It's quite useful, I tested it and it beats Earth.

Unless I either:

I'm not putting that in

So My tests are invalid? If so, why?

Jade has a bad reputation, nobody wants to use it because of that. This reputation is undeserved however, and should be changed. Also, Jade is very difficult to acquire.
(Sep. 04, 2018  2:22 AM)jade_juper Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2018  2:12 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Unless I either:

I'm not putting that in

So My tests are invalid? If so, why?

Jade has a bad reputation, nobody wants to use it because of that. This reputation is undeserved however, and should be changed. Also, Jade is very difficult to acquire.

Because 5 rounds is too little testing (20 rounds is typical), the part has been out for years so testing for it has already been done and it's very obvious you have a heavy bias in favor of the part so I'm wary about things you say about it