[Draft]  Layer Base - Slash

Quote:Description===
Slash is a somewhat triangularly pointed Gachi Base? similar to its predecessors Victory Valkyrie, Winning Valkyrie, and God Valkyrie. At each point, there is an upward slanted wing that excel at KOing opponents. Unlike its predecessors, Slash is a part of the Gachi Layer System? which means that it has to be paired with a Gachi Chip and a Layer Weight.

I saw that MonoDragon made some early drafts, so why not. Also, the Gachi Chip is the only official name in this draft
(Mar. 13, 2019  9:14 PM)Dt20000 Wrote: ==Description===
Slash is an Attack Type Layer Base(?) with a perimeter made up of three upward slanting wings which act as the primary points of recoil, akin to the Valkyrie line of Layers. The angle of Slash's wings is nearly identical to that of Victory Valkyrie's, granting Slash high Knock-Out and Burst Attack potential so long as the Base is paired with a Gatinko Chip(?) with strong teeth capable of withstanding the recoil and a Layer Weight/Gachi Chip(?) of suitable weight.

==Use in Attack Combinations==
Slash can be used in the Attack Combination Slash Valkyrie/Dragon 00/10/0 Bump/Turn/Meteor Xtreme'/Hunter'/Jolt' 天/烈/斬. The heavy weight of the 天/烈/斬 Weight and 00/10/0 Bump/Turn/Meteor Disk and Frame and the high speed of Xtreme'/Hunter'/Jolt' bolsters the Attack potential of Slash while the strong spring of Xtreme'/Hunter'/Jolt' compensates for the low number of teeth of the Valkyrie Gatinko Chip(?) or the somewhat short teeth of the Dragon Gatinko Chip(?).

NOTHING IN THIS DRAFT IS CONFIRMED. TAKE IT WITH A GRAIN OF SALT AND A LOT OF SKEPTICISM
(Mar. 14, 2019  3:43 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Dt20000==Description===
Slash is an Attack Type Layer Base with a perimeter made up of three upward slanting wings which act as the primary points of contact, akin to the Valkyrie line of Layers. Like other Attack Bases, Valkyrie exposes more of a GaTinko Chip's teeth, maximizing Burst resistance.

The angle of Slash's wings is nearly identical to that of Victory Valkyrie, granting Slash high Knock-Out and Burst Attack potential, capable of Bursting most Right Spin Defense and Stamina combinations and Knocking Out most Left Spin Defense and Stamina combinations at the time of writing. However, the wings also create high recoil, almost requiring the use of GaTinko Chips with strong teeth, such as Valkyrie or Dragon, and rubber Drivers with strong springs, such as Xtreme'. Furthermore, even with Srivers with strong springs, Slash's high recoil makes combinations using the Base prone to Burst against other Attack combinations.

Slash can be used in the Attack Combination Slash Valkyrie/Dragon 00/10/0/Zenith/Blitz Bump/Turn/Meteor Xtreme'/Hunter'/Jolt' 烈/斬. The heavy weight of the 烈/斬 Weight and 00/10/0 Bump/Turn/Meteor Disk and Frame or Zenith/Blitz Disc and the high speed of Xtreme'/Hunter'/Jolt' bolsters the Attack potential of Slash while the strong spring of Xtreme'/Hunter'/Jolt' compensates for the low number of teeth of the Valkyrie Chip or the shorter teeth of the Dragon Chip.

==Overall==
Slash is one of the best parts for Attack Combinations at the time of writing, outclassing Cho-Z Valkyrie and Cho-Z Achilles in Knock-Out and Burst Attack potential, especially in Opposite Spin match-ups. However, Slash's high recoil and lack of a "Cho-Z Awakening" gimmick also makes Slash combinations prone to self Knock-Outs and Bursts, especially against other Attack Type opponents, almost requiring the use of rubber Dash Drivers, lowering combo versatility.

Despite this, Slash is still a must have for competitive Bladers.

Pretty much the best GT Beyblade you can get currently
~~
(Apr. 08, 2019  4:34 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Mar. 14, 2019  3:43 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Dt20000==Description===
~~ Slash is an Attack Type Layer Base with a perimeter made up of three upward slanting wings which act as the primary points of contact, akin to the Valkyrie line of Layers. Like other Attack Bases, Valkyrie exposes more of a Gatinko Chip's teeth, maximizing Burst resistance.

The angle of Slash's wings is nearly identical to that of Victory Valkyrie, granting Slash high Knock-Out and Burst Attack potential, capable of Bursting most Right Spin Defense and Stamina combinations and Knocking Out most Left Spin Defense and Stamina combinations at the time of writing. However, the wings also create high recoil, almost requiring the use of GaTinko Chips with strong teeth, such as Valkyrie or Dragon, and rubber Drivers with strong springs, such as Xtreme'. Furthermore, even with Drivers with strong springs, Slash's high recoil makes combinations using the Base prone to Burst against other Attack combinations. 

Slash's wings are completely hollow, making the layer base very lightweight. Due to this, it makes bursting it very easy, making chips with strong teeth and dash drivers a must.

Slash can be used in the Attack Combination Slash Valkyrie/Dragon 00/10/0/Zenith/Blitz Bump/Turn/Meteor Xtreme'/Hunter'/Jolt' 烈/斬. The heavy weight of the 烈/斬 Weight and 00/10/0 Bump/Turn/Meteor Disk and Frame or Zenith/Blitz Disc and the high speed of Xtreme'/Hunter'/Jolt' bolsters the Attack potential of Slash while the strong spring of Xtreme'/Hunter'/Jolt' compensates for the low number of teeth of the Valkyrie Chip or the shorter teeth of the Dragon Chip.

==Overall==
Despite the high recoil and attack potential, Slash's low weight creating low burst resistance and due to Slash being outclassed by other layer bases like Judgement and Zwei.

Due to this, Slash is recommended for collection purposes only. ~~

Ignore the update
(Aug. 21, 2019  12:26 AM)Guzmada Wrote: Decided to try to update this

Slash is actually very competitive, as long as you have a Goku or Diabolos weight so it can survive it’s own recoil.
(Aug. 21, 2019  12:32 AM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2019  12:26 AM)Guzmada Wrote: Decided to try to update this

Slash is actually very competitive, as long as you have a Goku or Diabolos weight so it can survive it’s own recoil.

I wasnt aware goku was able to actually be heavy enough to make up for the weight. Diabolos though i knew but figured it was just too outclassed to bother with since ive never actually seen slash used. I guess i was mistaken
(Aug. 21, 2019  12:34 AM)Guzmada Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2019  12:32 AM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote: Slash is actually very competitive, as long as you have a Goku or Diabolos weight so it can survive it’s own recoil.

I wasnt aware goku was able to actually be heavy enough to make up for the weight. Diabolos though i knew but figured it was just too outclassed to bother with since ive never actually seen slash used. I guess i was mistaken

Goku is 11.30/40 grams, so combine with the weight of a decently heavy GT chip, it would weigh about 14.40-50 grams, enough to survive its own recoil.
(Aug. 21, 2019  12:38 AM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2019  12:34 AM)Guzmada Wrote: I wasnt aware goku was able to actually be heavy enough to make up for the weight. Diabolos though i knew but figured it was just too outclassed to bother with since ive never actually seen slash used. I guess i was mistaken

Goku is 11.30/40 grams, so combine with the weight of a decently heavy GT chip, it would weigh about 14.40-50 grams, enough to survive its own recoil.

Noted. I dont own one so i didnt knwo how much it weighed. Ill Delete my changes then
I dont think it deserves a "must have" status, even if it somewhat works with Diaboros or Goku (which is extremely difficult to get in the first place).
(Aug. 21, 2019  2:40 AM)eigerblade Wrote: I dont think it deserves a "must have" status, even if it somewhat works with Diaboros or Goku (which is extremely difficult to get in the first place).

But as it always happens, we are bound to get the Goku weight eventually. Same with the Gen weight which was over $50 to becoming an easy access from the Triple booster.
(Aug. 21, 2019  9:28 AM)DragonicMeister Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2019  2:40 AM)eigerblade Wrote: I dont think it deserves a "must have" status, even if it somewhat works with Diaboros or Goku (which is extremely difficult to get in the first place).

But as it always happens, we are bound to get the Goku weight eventually. Same with the Gen weight which was over $50 to becoming an easy access from the Triple booster.

Even if Goku is easily accessible, it just makes Slash Valkyrie acceptable performance-wise. I don't see how it is a must have for competitive blader when other attack layers outperform it without needing a part to compensate its weakness.

I say its still for collection only, and at most as a "welcome addition" level.
i like slash even tho its not great it has decent attack and something about the way it sound it make you think the hits are so big even tho there not