[Draft]  Forge Disc - 8'

Quote:==Description==
8', like other even numbered Core Discs, is symmetrical and elliptical in shape in order to facilitate a Disc Frame. Unlike its predecressor 8, 8' is much lighter. Because of that, 8' is good in attack combinations, or if you want to use this in defense or stamina combinations, you need add disc frame to disc.  Each side is 4 blades, on which these is "dog bones".

Can anyone help to make this better?
(Mar. 01, 2019  7:00 PM)ks123 Wrote:
Quote:==Description==
8', like other even numbered Core Discs, is symmetrical and elliptical in shape in order to facilitate a Disc Frame. Unlike its predecressor 8, 8' is much lighter. Because of that, 8' is good in attack combinations, or if you want to use this in defense or stamina combinations, you need add disc frame to disc.  Each side is 4 blades, on which these is "dog bones".

Can anyone help to make this better?

I know it’s wider, so it has higher OWD. However, I thought heavier discs were better for attack types?
(Mar. 01, 2019  7:11 PM)Armor Wrote:
(Mar. 01, 2019  7:00 PM)ks123 Wrote: Can anyone help to make this better?

I know it’s wider, so it has higher OWD. However, I thought heavier discs were better for attack types?
What you mean OWD? And in attack combos is lighter disks better because beyblade can move faster.
(Mar. 04, 2019  2:50 PM)ks123 Wrote:
(Mar. 01, 2019  7:11 PM)Armor Wrote: I know it’s wider, so it has higher OWD. However, I thought heavier discs were better for attack types?
What you mean OWD? And in attack combos is lighter disks better because beyblade can move faster.

OWD is the outward weight distribution. Discs with higher OWD are typically just better. Also, in Beyblade Burst, attack types have to be heavy so they can actually damage an opponent.
(Mar. 04, 2019  2:50 PM)ks123 Wrote:
(Mar. 01, 2019  7:11 PM)Armor Wrote: I know it’s wider, so it has higher OWD. However, I thought heavier discs were better for attack types?

It honestly depends on the layer. Some need more weight and some need more speed. 8' is good for attack, not because of its weight, but because of its OWD (outward weight distribution). The OWD increases RPMs, making the bey faster.
(Sep. 04, 2018  7:20 PM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: ==Description==
8', like other even numbered Core Discs, is symmetrical and elliptical in shape in order to facilitate a Frame. Like its predecessor 8, each side features four protrusions, each molded into the shape of an "8". Each of the lower loops of the "8"s features gaps which takes weight away from the center and the upper loops protrude further away than 8, creating high Outward Weight Distribution and subsequent Flywheel Effect, features theoretically perfect for Stamina. However, 8' is lighter than its predecessor which reduces the benefits of its design.

==Overall==
While meant to be an improvement, because 8' is lighter than its predecessor, it is overall less useful than 8.

As such, 8' is recommended for collection purposes only.

this one is from my thread, and was edited by Mono, with my name still on there. But credit goes to mono
(Mar. 04, 2019  3:16 PM)bladekid Wrote:
(Mar. 04, 2019  2:50 PM)ks123 Wrote: What you mean OWD? And in attack combos is lighter disks better because beyblade can move faster.

It honestly depends on the layer. Some need more weight and some need more speed. 8' is good for attack, not because of its weight, but because of its OWD (outward weight distribution). The OWD increases RPMs, making the bey faster.

I thought CWD/IWD was supposed to do that? OWD increases stamina, while IWD supposedly increases spin velocity.
(Mar. 05, 2019  1:41 AM)Armor Wrote:
(Mar. 04, 2019  3:16 PM)bladekid Wrote: It honestly depends on the layer. Some need more weight and some need more speed. 8' is good for attack, not because of its weight, but because of its OWD (outward weight distribution). The OWD increases RPMs, making the bey faster.

I thought CWD/IWD was supposed to do that? OWD increases stamina, while IWD supposedly increases spin velocity.
No, its actually the opposite. OWD creates higher centrifugal force, increasing the speed.
(Mar. 04, 2019  3:27 PM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2018  7:20 PM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: ==Description==
8', like other even numbered Core Discs, is symmetrical and elliptical in shape in order to facilitate a Frame. Like its predecessor 8, each side features four protrusions, each molded into the shape of an "8". Each of the lower loops of the "8"s features gaps which takes weight away from the center and the upper loops protrude further away than 8, creating high Outward Weight Distribution and subsequent Flywheel Effect, features theoretically perfect for Stamina. However, 8' is lighter than its predecessor which reduces the benefits of its design.

==Overall==
While meant to be an improvement, because 8' is lighter than its predecessor, it is overall less useful than 8.

As such, 8' is recommended for collection purposes only.

this one is from my thread, and was edited by Mono, with my name still on there. But credit goes to mono
This is perfect
(Mar. 04, 2019  3:16 PM)bladekid Wrote:
(Mar. 04, 2019  2:50 PM)ks123 Wrote: What you mean OWD? And in attack combos is lighter disks better because beyblade can move faster.

Technically, CWD/IWD does this
(Mar. 05, 2019  2:06 PM)Dt20000 Wrote:
(Mar. 04, 2019  3:16 PM)bladekid Wrote: It honestly depends on the layer. Some need more weight and some need more speed. 8' is good for attack, not because of its weight, but because of its OWD (outward weight distribution). The OWD increases RPMs, making the bey faster.

Technically, CWD/IWD does this

No, it does the opposite, that's why 8 is one of the best attack disks. CWD decreases centrifugal force and velocity, but increases KO defence and I think burst defence.
Just because 8’ is lighter, it isn’t worse. It has a LOT more OWD and Burst Resistance than 8
(Jun. 19, 2019  10:13 PM)TheBladingCow Wrote: Just because 8’ is lighter, it isn’t worse. It has a LOT more OWD and Burst Resistance than 8

No 8’ is worse. 8 has pretty decent OWD and little burst Resistance. 8’ has a LOT of OWD and virtually no Burst Resistance.