[Draft]  Forge Disc - 12

Quote:==Description==
12, like other even numbered Core Discs, is symmetrical and elliptical in shape in order to facilitate a Frame. Each side features three protrusions with the center protrusion in each set featuring molding in the shape of a "12" and four holes in the center, akin to 6. While the aggressive design of the Disc may imply high Burst potential from Disc-to-Layer contact, due to the fact that most Burst Performance Tips are of the same height, such contact is rare. Furthermore, 12 is the lightest Disc at the time of writing, lighter than even Armed which severely hinders Attack, Defense and Stamina potential. While the light weight would create high Burst resistance, the heavy weight of the Switch-Strike/God Layer System and the Chou-Z Layer System makes the use of lightweight Discs for Burst resistance obsolete.

==Overall==
Due to its extremely light weight compared to many other Discs, 12 is outclassed for competitive use by all other Core Discs in all areas.

As such, 12 is recommended for collection purposes only.

==Trivia==
  • Due to how aggressive 12's shape is, there have been numerous cases of Layer damage from Disc-to-Layer contact

*Sigh

Really Takara Tomy?
I think the potential to damage other beys should be included within the writeup itself rather than put off as trivia. But I understand if it's thought more proof needs to be gathered first.

If it's decided to be moved out of trivia, I think the description should mention the potential to cause damage, and the overall section should recommend only using it with a frame that properly covers the points.
Well, maybe Kukulcan's tip would work best with it!
(Mar. 21, 2018  1:20 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: ==Description==
12, like other even numbered Core Discs, is symmetrical and elliptical in shape in order to facilitate a Frame. Each side features three protrusions with the center protrusion in each set featuring molding in the shape of a "12" and four holes in the center, akin to 6. While the aggressive design of the Disc may imply high Burst potential from Disc-to-Layer contact, due to the fact that most Burst Performance Tips are of the same height, such contact is rare. Furthermore, 12's design is so aggressive that there have been numerous cases of the Disc severly damaging Layers that collide with it. Finally, 12 is the lightest Disc at the time of writing, lighter than even Armed which severely hinders Attack, Defense and Stamina potential. While the light weight would create high Burst resistance, the heavy weight of the Switch-Strike/God Layer System and the Chou-Z Layer System makes the use of lightweight Discs for Burst resistance obsolete.

==Overall==
Due to its extremely light weight compared to many other Discs, 12 is outclassed for competitive use by all other Core Discs in all areas.

As such, 12 is recommended for collection purposes only.

==Trivia==
  • Due to 12's history of damaging Layers, tournament rules requires 12 to use Frames as a preventative measure.
Is there a thread where all of the weight of the discs are stated? I think there should be. I don't have a scale so I couldn't do it but I'd like to know all of the discs weights.
MonoDragon, any changes you noticed in the Hell Salamander video of disc 12? Any improvement?
(May. 23, 2018  4:06 PM)Suhasini Wrote: MonoDragon, any changes you noticed in the Hell Salamander video of disc 12? Any improvement?

There are no changes to it that I can see. Still has the way too sharp and thin blades
(May. 23, 2018  4:07 PM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(May. 23, 2018  4:06 PM)Suhasini Wrote: MonoDragon, any changes you noticed in the Hell Salamander video of disc 12? Any improvement?

There are no changes to it that I can see. Still has the way too sharp and thin blades
Oh that's bad.. But I guess when we can see it and test it then we can see some improvements?