Nov

Double Standard

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1st
2nd
Tournament Results
FDR Park
1800 Pattison Ave
  Near the baseball diamonds, across the street from the skate park.
1:00 PM on 11/25/2017
Hosted by
  Wombat
Contact Host
Format
Metal Fight

Most official Metal Fight/Fusion gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
5 cash  or Free with Passport*

Free entry with Blader Passport

Support the WBO by purchasing a Blader Passport and get unlimited access to WBO tournaments and monthly giveaways of new releases!

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Weather permitting, we'll be back in FDR Park for a MFB Standard format tournament. This means that the tournament will be played in the BB-10 Stadium and using the Metal Fight Beyblades. If you prefer the solid, durable feel of metal or think that the metal series was better than the burst series, then this is the tournament for you! Make sure you read up on all the WBO Official Rules here!

Location: FDR Park, near the baseball diamonds and across the street from the skate park.
[Image: gi7WvaT.jpg]
(shoutout to Jimmyjazz39 for the map)

Participant List:
Yami
Wombat
TheGrimRipper13
Jimmyjazz39
Ardmore Bladers
Common Pickle
ultra destinus
BeyMasterLuke
KieraFaye
blitzflare
NuttyTriumph
kamalmahna
bladerpro
DEATHDRAGON
BeyMasterRocket
super spryzen
Uthmoney
Levi Jaystar
phantom blade
BeyBladeChamp3

If you can make it to the event, make sure you post here and click the blue "Join Tournament" button at the top of the page!

Prizes:
Variares 145WB
Shinobi Genbull 130W2D
Archer Phoenic 125B
Shinobi Saramanda SW145SD

Spryzen/Odax 2 Pack
Kerbeus K2
Horusood H2
God Valkyrie 2.Flugel
Holy Horusood .V.J
Obelisk Odin .T.X

Side Notes
Please be aware of your belongings: We'd advise users to please, please look after your stuff. While yes this is a Beyblade tournament and we're not suggesting that any of us would attempt to take each other's stuff it is still happening at a public venue where other people (who may not be so friendly) are going to be present as well. Of course, if you see a personal belonging lying around bring it up any of the judges so we can return it to the right person. Your co-operation is appreciated!

All players must arrive on-time: The tournament will begin promptly at 1:00 PM and is expected to run for about 2 hours, though if there is a large turnout it may take longer. Please plan accordingly. If you do not arrive at the scheduled start time, you risk being excluded from the tournament. The software we use to run our events–Challonge–does not allow us to add in extra participants once the tournament has started.

If you know in advance that you will be late, please post in this thread or contact someone at the event and depending on the circumstances we can perhaps still include you if we know you will arrive soon.

All questions about this tournament may be asked in this thread.

testing something

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Nov. 19, 2017  11:23 PM)KieraFaye Wrote:
(Nov. 19, 2017  10:56 PM)Ayane_2355 Wrote: I understand being nervous, but, everyone is super nice so don't worry about it! And, not everyone knows's each over, a couple of the people here also are having their first tournament experience. And, you can just watch, but, don't hesitate to join! If you have any more doubts feel free to PM me! I'm almost always available to help a person in need!

Thank you. How do private message someone on here? Or is it some other app entirely? I literally signed up minutes ago >> but yeah I could use some more answers and I don't want to spam up the forum.

I don't mind answering all your questions, so that's fine. Anyway, just click on my name and it will take you to my profile, where you can use the "Contact" button to message me.
(Nov. 19, 2017  10:39 PM)KieraFaye Wrote: Okay I'm super nervous about this since this is my first time even considering a tournament >< all of y'all seem to know each other already. Is it possible for one to come and just watch? I may participate but I'm still unsure since I don't have any customs and would probably just use an Earth Virgo or something. Plus I'm suuuper nervous so I dunno. I'd love it if someone could give me more information on this! Thanks in advance!

-Kiera

You're definitely not the only person whose first tournament it would be, so don't worry! I actually don't recognize half of the usernames signed up for the event, haha. I've been to a whole bunch of WBO Tournaments, and they're a really friendly environment for both veteran players and newcomers alike. Don't worry about not having any customs either, I know I have a few I can let you borrow during the event, and I'm sure other people will too if you ask.

Since it seems to be pretty split between Burst and MFB prizes, I can bring a mix of both and just have have the placers choose what they want.
Thank you! I actually managed to mash up a few of mine and now have a pretty good defense type custom. Is it okay if I pm you? I'm trying to make friends with people beforehand so it's not super awkward for me when I get there.
I'm just gonna post this here so everyone who's attending sees it. I'm hoping to make friends online beforehand so I actually know some people at the tournament. If you're interested, please message me! It'd be a lot less awkward for me if I knew some of you, lol. I hope this doesn't count as spam or anything ;; I'm still unfamiliar with how these forums work.
Hello everyone! I'm new to this site but I'm a old school Blader. This seems really fun! Do you guys hold HMS tournaments or anything like that?
(Nov. 21, 2017  6:51 PM)Void Death Wrote: Hello everyone! I'm new to this site but I'm a old school Blader. This seems really fun! Do you guys hold HMS tournaments or anything like that?

Hello, and welcome to the WBO, Void Death! I hope you're able to go have fun at this tournament! And, the WBO does occasionally do HMS tournaments, but, with Beyblade Burst's rising popularity, I assume that mostly those happen now.
(Nov. 21, 2017  6:54 PM)Ayane_2355 Wrote:
(Nov. 21, 2017  6:51 PM)Void Death Wrote: Hello everyone! I'm new to this site but I'm a old school Blader. This seems really fun! Do you guys hold HMS tournaments or anything like that?

Hello, and welcome to the WBO, Void Death! I hope you're able to go have fun at this tournament! And, the WBO does occasionally do HMS tournaments, but, with Beyblade Burst's rising popularity, I assume that mostly those happen now.
Oh thats whats up! and i hope i can find the time to join this!. I actually picked up the Limited edition Dranzer and Dragoon burst. I heard they burst easy but I really just got them for nostalgia lol
(Nov. 21, 2017  6:56 PM)Void Death Wrote:
(Nov. 21, 2017  6:54 PM)Ayane_2355 Wrote: Hello, and welcome to the WBO, Void Death! I hope you're able to go have fun at this tournament! And, the WBO does occasionally do HMS tournaments, but, with Beyblade Burst's rising popularity, I assume that mostly those happen now.
Oh thats whats up! and i hope i can find the time to join this!. I actually picked up the Limited edition Dranzer and Dragoon burst. I heard they burst easy but I really just got them for nostalgia lol

I can understand that. I hope you have fun with your new beys! Feel free to PM me, if you have any questions!
(Nov. 21, 2017  1:31 PM)KieraFaye Wrote: I'm just gonna post this here so everyone who's attending sees it. I'm hoping to make friends online beforehand so I actually know some people at the tournament. If you're interested, please message me! It'd be a lot less awkward for me if I knew some of you, lol. I hope this doesn't count as spam or anything ;; I'm still unfamiliar with how these forums work.

Hello Kiera, I'm Void!. i'm new here myself. I'm hoping I can attend and meet some new friends myself. What kind of beys do you like using?.
(Nov. 21, 2017  7:33 PM)Void Death Wrote:
(Nov. 21, 2017  1:31 PM)KieraFaye Wrote: I'm just gonna post this here so everyone who's attending sees it. I'm hoping to make friends online beforehand so I actually know some people at the tournament. If you're interested, please message me! It'd be a lot less awkward for me if I knew some of you, lol. I hope this doesn't count as spam or anything ;; I'm still unfamiliar with how these forums work.

Hello Kiera, I'm Void!. i'm new here myself. I'm hoping I can attend and meet some new friends myself. What kind of beys do you like using?.

Mainly metal fight. Well, only metal fight actually. I've never been interested in anything else.
(Nov. 21, 2017  6:51 PM)Void Death Wrote: Hello everyone! I'm new to this site but I'm a old school Blader. This seems really fun! Do you guys hold HMS tournaments or anything like that?

hi void, and welcome to the WBO! im ultra destinus and yes there are plastic and hms tournaments here
im sorry but i just cant make it something came up that day
ayyy looks like the temperature is gonna be in the mid-50s. not bad for the end of Nov. can’t wait to see you all there
(Nov. 22, 2017  2:28 AM)ultra destinus Wrote:

hi void, and welcome to the WBO! im ultra destinus and yes there are plastic and hms tournaments here
Thanks and thats good to know! I have a Black Dranzer HMS and Driger HMS i really want to use again!
(Nov. 23, 2017  1:14 AM)Neptrius Wrote: im sorry but i just cant make it something came up that day

Ahh, that's too bad. I've gone and removed you from the list in the OP, as well updated it with prizes! Kind of a mixed bag between MFB and Burst, as well as TT vs Hasbro.

Void Death We do host Plastics and HMS tournaments occasionally, usually during the summer. This tournament is MFB (which is sort of old school now I guess, with Burst out now),  so you won't be able to use any of your HMS Beyblades, but I have a few combos you can borrow and a bunch of spare parts (both MFB and Burst) for sale if you do end up wanting to play. :)

EDIT: If any of yall have either a BB-10 (or a Burst Standard Stadium), I would appreciate if you brought it for the event. I have 2 stadiums that I'll be bringing, but if the tournament ends up getting as many participants as that number says, we'll probably need a few more to keep things running smoothly.
(Nov. 24, 2017  5:38 AM)Wombat Wrote:
(Nov. 23, 2017  1:14 AM)Neptrius Wrote: im sorry but i just cant make it something came up that day

Ahh, that's too bad. I've gone and removed you from the list in the OP, as well updated it with prizes! Kind of a mixed bag between MFB and Burst, as well as TT vs Hasbro.

Void Death We do host Plastics and HMS tournaments occasionally, usually during the summer. This tournament is MFB (which is sort of old school now I guess, with Burst out now),  so you won't be able to use any of your HMS Beyblades, but I have a few combos you can borrow and a bunch of spare parts (both MFB and Burst) for sale if you do end up wanting to play. Smile

EDIT: If any of yall have either a BB-10 (or a Burst Standard Stadium), I would appreciate if you brought it for the event. I have 2 stadiums that I'll be bringing, but if the tournament ends up getting as many participants as that number says, we'll probably need a few more to keep things running smoothly.
got u fam lol
New to tournaments, excited to be there tomorrow!
I'm New so can you go easy on me. JK

How old are you guys
What makes a light launcher illegal for tournament use?
(Nov. 25, 2017  3:59 AM)ultra destinus Wrote: What makes a light launcher illegal for tournament use?

What do you mean? Light Launchers are legal for tournament use, as long as they're for MFB and are made by a legal brand.
hi! im new to the wbo!

(Nov. 25, 2017  6:37 AM)Wombat Wrote:
(Nov. 25, 2017  3:59 AM)ultra destinus Wrote: What makes a light launcher illegal for tournament use?

What do you mean? Light Launchers are legal for tournament use, as long as they're for MFB and are made by a legal brand.

i mean if its broken.

(Nov. 25, 2017  2:13 PM)super spryzen Wrote: hi! im new to the wbo!

hi super spryzen! im ultra destinus and welcome to the WBO!
(Nov. 25, 2017  2:15 PM)ultra destinus Wrote:
(Nov. 25, 2017  6:37 AM)Wombat Wrote: What do you mean? Light Launchers are legal for tournament use, as long as they're for MFB and are made by a legal brand.

i mean if its broken.

i’m pretty sure the only thing allowed is broken handles
(Nov. 25, 2017  2:13 PM)super spryzen Wrote: hi! im new to the wbo!

Hello, and welcome to the WBO, Super Spryzen! I hope you and everyone else have fun, at this tournament!
might be up to 15 min late

edit:u guys can start without me if u want. ill judge when i get there