Does anyone like emniem???

Poll: Which eminem stuff do you like best???

The old cool slim shady stuff or...
37.93%
The new overrated stuff.
62.07%
Total: 100% 29 vote(s)
(Oct. 24, 2010  11:53 PM)Thresher Wrote: It's funny to me that some people prefer his older music and call his new songs overrated. The only difference between Slim Shady and Eminem is the fact that Eminem is now much more mature. His new raps are serious, not just some attemp to cause controversy by criticizing celebrities.

Exactly! lol. But that's why I kinda like his older stuff better. His immaturity made me laugh. xD
(Oct. 24, 2010  11:36 PM)Typhlosionwolf Wrote: I love Eminem. My fav rapper. But I think his old stuff was way better. Slim Shady was epic. : S

That's what I keep saying!!!
Now follow me and do exactly what you see,
Don't you wanna grow up to be just like me???
i dont like him.i think he is a free mason.he changed his name to rain man.
I do not like him, because of his overly vulgar language.
To thresher, he got more mature after the Marshall Mathers LP. The Eminem Show was okay, I only liked nine out of the twenty songs on Encore, but everything after the Eminem show got progressively worse. I don't know a lot about Relapse, but I listened to the whole Recovery album, and I only could stand two out of the like 16 songs on it. Almost Famous was okay, I kinda liked You're Never Over, but that's it. All he is to me now is a sellout. He's more like pop-rap now. He sold out to be on hit radio. And seriously, Rihanna?!?! And now he's got a song with Nicki Minaj, who someone quoted to be "rap for teen girls who don't know what good rap is". I personally only listen to stuff before Encore, and I also listen to Cage and Aesop Rock. I find Cage and Aesop to be more poetic than most rap, which is what Eminem was for me. 97 Bonnie And Clyde was great. My favorite song by him is either Kim or Stan. I personally don't want to hear another album from Eminem. I think there's no turning back now, and he should just stick to D12.
I don't see what point you are trying to argue. Just because you don't like his new album doesn't mean he isn't more mature with his new raps. If you want to call hike a sell out for having a singer on ONE of his songs then 93% of famous rappers are sell outs. Also just because you found a quote defaming Nicki Minaj you believe it is true. Nicki Minaj has a LARGE number of fans that span cover a large demograpfhic outside of teenage girls. Anyone can make a statement to slander somebody and be quoted about it.
I like Eminem. But, couldn't we have discussed this in the favourite rapper thread?

I have to agree though, I don't really like rappng because of the language O.o
Plus there's more singing than just one track. He's a rapper, he needs to stop singing!!! It's not what he does. By the way, Cage and Aesop Rock, didn't sell out just to get radio play, they didn't alter their style like, overnight. And Cage has also accused Eminem of ripping off his style, and, he came before Eminem had even started rapping. And Aesop Rock, someone who uses some words I've never even heard used in a song before. He has some really poetic raps, and he's not a sellout. Now look, I don't hate eminem, I just don't want to hear more selling out. I honestly think that anyone who was a fan of eminem's old stuff, can not be a fan of Love The Way You Lie, or Not Afraid.
(Oct. 19, 2010  3:44 AM)Sam Wrote: Good rap/hip-hop: Buck 65, Aesop Rock, Sage Francis, Brother Ali, DJ Signify, Eyedea (R.I.P.)
take everyone out of that list, add in kid cudi and it's about right

spiritofdrago, you should check him out if you like cage (i love captain bumout btw, but i guess the hardcore cage fans prefer his older work), he and cage are really good friends. they made a song together for cudi's new album which i'm sure you've heard
I enjoy Cage, because he's good, and I find it more poetic than most rap. Captain Bumout was awesome, the music video was weird but cool. I like Hugs And Kisses, and I Never Knew You. I do like Aesop Rock, and I heard about him from my cousin. I only don't like, that I can't understand a word he's saying. I'll check out that Kid Cudi guy, and compare him to other guys I like including Cage.
oh cool, just dont listen to his most popular songs (day n nite, erase me, make her say), his label forces him to release those to make his albums more "mainstream" lol

1. Heart of a Lion
2. The Prayer
3. Do it Alone
4. Soundtrack 2 My Life
5. Heaven at Nite
6. Cudi Zone
7. Trapped in my mind
8. Man on the Moon
9. Mr. Rager
10. Pursuit of Happiness

that's his 10 best songs imo
(Jan. 09, 2011  1:13 PM)spiritofldrago Wrote: Plus there's more singing than just one track. He's a rapper, he needs to stop singing!!! It's not what he does. By the way, Cage and Aesop Rock, didn't sell out just to get radio play, they didn't alter their style like, overnight. And Cage has also accused Eminem of ripping off his style, and, he came before Eminem had even started rapping. And Aesop Rock, someone who uses some words I've never even heard used in a song before. He has some really poetic raps, and he's not a sellout. Now look, I don't hate eminem, I just don't want to hear more selling out. I honestly think that anyone who was a fan of eminem's old stuff, can not be a fan of Love The Way You Lie, or Not Afraid.

That's not even close to true. That's like saying no Eminem fan can like Beyblade. Eminem is proving he isn't a one trick pony, he's not selling out. BTW no style of rap is copywrited, so Aesop needs to shut up if he doesn't have proof of stolen LYRICS. Anyone can copy a style of rap, and I guarantee Eminem probably hasn't even heard of Aesop.
I like Both Eminem FTW my favorite song in 2004 or later was Smack that LOL.
I never said eminem was ripping off of Aesop, I said he might be ripping off of cage. Eminem is now just pop-rap. Now I listen to JJ Demon, Cage and Aesop Rock. Rappers who didn't sell out just to be on the pop radio station. He altered his style so much, that it doesn't even sound like him anymore. And for what?! Just to be on pop radio!!! So many artists alter their style just to be on pop radio. Everything got worse since Encore. I only liked 9 songs on Encore, and I'm not familiar with relapse, I hated Recovery. I only liked two songs, and even then that's a stretch.
emniem is awsome i have some of his song on my youytube channle
Alright, this thread sucks and has gone on for far too long.

I was leaving it alone in hopes that it would pick up and some decent conversation might actually start since there were glimmers of it throughout the thread, but I guess that isn't going to happen.