Does Wind....Affect Stamina?

(Apr. 21, 2011  4:25 PM)Shika blade Wrote:
(Apr. 21, 2011  4:17 PM)Bluezee Wrote: Absolutely. In fact, Deikailo's black TT stadium MELTED in her car when the heat was left on. Her clear version however remained just fine. No damages or anything. IKMV can also vouch for the difference in material.

Also, we do not allow a lot of people around the stadiums in the East Coast tournaments. Most of us launch and swing our arms so by not letting a lot of people stand around, it reduces the risk of anyone getting hurt or becoming a problem. With that said, the air can easily get into the play area.

you do realise that black colours tend to absorb heat right?

Well, does that mean that Normal colours don't? I pretty much remember from my science, that Black absorbs heat Faster than white. I guess the clear MFB Stadium does melt abit. Anyways, this is Off topic Speechless

Kai-V.. Maybe we should discuss xD
(Apr. 21, 2011  4:37 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I will do some research on the black Attack Type BeyStadium, but can we close this topic soon because it is clear that wind affects battles ?

Personally, I feel that this thread should stay open. It could be used for testing because if we test tracks of the same height but with different protrusions to decrease air flow, we can come to a conclusion as to which variant of a part we should use based on our play environment. For example, Earth 145WD could be affected more while outside and lose more stamina than Earth DF145WD based on the wind around it because DF145, although the wings are small, could be cutting down on how much the wind is affecting its performance.
Not to mention Thermal's obvious air flow, which could greatly affect its performance.
(Apr. 21, 2011  4:42 PM)Bluezee Wrote: Personally, I feel that this thread should stay open. It could be used for testing because if we test tracks of the same height but with different protrusions to decrease air flow, we can come to a conclusion as to which variant of a part we should use based on our play environment. For example, Earth 145WD could be affected more and lose more stamina than Earth DF145WD based on the wind around it because DF145, although the wings are small, could be cutting down on how much the wind is affecting its performance.

What, do you have an anemometer ? Everybody's tests will differ anyway if they try to find a source of wind, because its speed is never really the same ...
(Apr. 21, 2011  4:46 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: Not to mention Thermal's obvious air flow, which could greatly affect its performance.

Well, I already said that in my previous post-

Why, I didn't know that.... Also, most of my tests show(bey used my friend's Earth Eagle 145WD, that only direct force of wind affects the performance of the bey. Normal wind in natural conditions will cause only a minute difference. Direct wind from a ceiling fan, especially while using thermal, does affect the results. I think that a tourney near the sea just might be too effective. You know, Sea Breeze...
I realize that, I was just adding/emphasizing that for Bluezee's post directly above mine.
I have read this whole thread and have found it highly instresting. I normally use the DF's if I am outside with lots of people around accomplimented by a heavy bey. It was just a theory I was working on but never had enough time to properly test.

Basically it was that if a heavy bey+DF means that the pressure from the bey pushes down the parts and with the outstanding weight the spin track will be pushed down by the pressure and therfore making the bey spin faster.

EDIT (Simplified): Gravity pushes on the edges of the Beyblade and DF145 will work like a fan
If the direction of winds are opposing to the direction of the Beyblade, then and only then will the it's spin hinder, Right ?

If so, What would happen if both, the winds and the Beyblade are spinning the same direction? Will it speed up ? I like this. I think I should (or anyone else) should test under a fan (Lets say it spins left) in Right and Left spin, that way we could prove this point right.

Also, Screw's slope is designed to channel the air up. I think this would be good?
(Apr. 21, 2011  4:58 PM)RAW Wrote: Basically it was that if a heavy bey+DF means that the pressure from the bey pushes down the parts and with the outstanding weight the spin track will be pushed down by the pressure and therfore making the bey spin faster.

That does not make sense ...
(Apr. 21, 2011  5:00 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Apr. 21, 2011  4:58 PM)RAW Wrote: Basically it was that if a heavy bey+DF means that the pressure from the bey pushes down the parts and with the outstanding weight the spin track will be pushed down by the pressure and therfore making the bey spin faster.

I think he is trying to say that gravity pushes on the edges of the Beyblade and DF145 will work like a fan? (I hate when people type in a way that's hard to understand... :\)
(Apr. 21, 2011  5:03 PM)Bey-Heart Wrote:
(Apr. 21, 2011  5:00 PM)Kai-V Wrote:

I think he is trying to say that gravity pushes on the edges of the Beyblade and DF145 will work like a fan? (I hate when people type in a way that's hard to understand... :\)

nope, I think he means that high pressure is exerted towards the ground. Firstly because of the beys weight, and secondly because of the wind being forced down... Yes, it does not make sense....
Bey-Heart Wrote:I think he is trying to say that gravity pushes on the edges of the Beyblade and DF145 will work like a fan? (I hate when people type in a way that's hard to understand... :\)

That is what I meant. Sorry for misunderstanding, make it more clear next time.
If there is a lot of friction from being pushed so much into the ground, then it will not spin faster or more, as far as I know ... That is how it makes no sense.

Also, from now on, specify what angle your 'wind' has. It makes a huge difference everytime, because a wind from above does not help, etc.
(Apr. 21, 2011  5:10 PM)Kai-V Wrote: If there is a lot of friction from being pushed so much into the ground, then it will not spin faster or more, as far as I know ... That is how it makes no sense.

Also, from now on, specify what angle your 'wind' has. It makes a huge difference everytime, because a wind from above does not help, etc.

Yes Sir *Solute* EDIT: Sorry forgot, YES MAAM!

It doesn't need to make sense, it is a theory. (I know that didn't make sense either).

Doesn't the friction give the beyblade more power when two beyblade collide. That is what I tend to see. However the weight could result into the opposing Bey being knocked back etc.
I was wondering if someone could test the wind effect during a storm.....
Well...

!. I don't think there will be a storm anytime soon.

2. I don't think people will play Beyblade in a storm.

3. It will effect it dramatically, nuff said.
(Apr. 21, 2011  5:15 PM)RAW Wrote: Yes Sir *Solute* EDIT: Sorry forgot, YES MAAM!

It doesn't need to make sense, it is a theory. (I know that didn't make sense either).

Doesn't the friction give the beyblade more power when two beyblade collide. That is what I tend to see. However the weight could result into the opposing Bey being knocked back etc.

When it is a flat Bottom and that you want to have powerful attacks and hope to defeat the opponent quickly with those, then yes, friction is good, but it is totally different when you are seeking for stamina ...
I kinda know that.... I meant a rainy and windy day...
Hmmm... LW105 and DF105 would force the air down on a right-spinning bey. Perhaps that will increase its Stamina?
If i only have A lot of beys,then i can test this theory.its always windy here,and did someone already tested this to other top tier stamina wheels?it seems that we are just focusing on thermal....
We can also consider LW105 then....
(Apr. 21, 2011  5:22 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: We can also consider LW105 then....

Ah, I meant LW105, not W105. 105's not good at Stamina, so I can't say if those 2 tracks would help.
(Apr. 21, 2011  5:17 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Apr. 21, 2011  5:15 PM)RAW Wrote: Yes Sir *Solute* EDIT: Sorry forgot, YES MAAM!

When it is a flat Bottom and that you want to have powerful attacks and hope to defeat the opponent quickly with those, then yes, friction is good, but it is totally different when you are seeking for stamina ...

Sorry, keep thinking about some of my combo's over stamina. Like MF-1 Basalt Wolf DF145 XF, It is quite good when performed with a sliding shoot.
(Apr. 21, 2011  5:25 PM)RAW Wrote:
(Apr. 21, 2011  5:17 PM)Kai-V Wrote:

Sorry, keep thinking about some of my combo's over stamina. Like MF-1 Basalt Wolf DF145 XF, It is quite good when performed with a sliding shoot.

There is no "MF-1". We just call it MF.
(Apr. 21, 2011  4:25 PM)Shika blade Wrote: you do realise that black colours tend to absorb heat right?

that is incorrect, black adsorbs light, and when light is adsorbed it turns into heat.

i will do solo spin tests with 145 and DF145 in a room with no fan and one with a fan on later if i feel better (i am sick)