Do you think -> Drift(s) / Bearing(s) Should Be Banned?

Simple question, just curious what the community thinks? Should every form of Drift and Bearing, should be banned? If not how do you think a rule change could stop the spam of LAD drivers in the burst meta?
Bearing seems okay, Bearing variants seem to dominate the meta in any format they're allowed in tho. I don't have enough experience with Drift to tell how strong it is by itself but a strong LAD driver should probably exist even if it ends up being meta-defining - think Snorlax in RBY Pokemon or I guess Flame 230 in MFB, they're omnipresent but allow for counter-play. Plus Drift isn't too hard to get your hands on right now, which should be something people take into account, especially for limited formats.

I think people should do more unranked experiments with lower LAD ceilings to allow for more driver/combo variety, which seems to be what WBO is working towards with the new format proposals. Maybe play around with certain drivers having their dash versions banned, see if burst attack makes a comeback? Just spitballing here.
Ehhh... nah. To counter them just launch your beyblade really hard so you have the advantage
(Apr. 09, 2023  8:34 AM)DragonBeyblade! Wrote: Ehhh... nah. To counter them just launch your beyblade really hard so you have the advantage

If it was really as easy as "just launch harder" then I don't think some of the top WBO members would be advocating for the (optional, at the very least) removal of BDr in Standard...
(Apr. 09, 2023  9:47 AM)BladerGem Wrote:
(Apr. 09, 2023  8:34 AM)DragonBeyblade! Wrote: Ehhh... nah. To counter them just launch your beyblade really hard so you have the advantage

If it was really as easy as "just launch harder" then I don't think some of the top WBO members would be advocating for the (optional, at the very least) removal of BDr in Standard...
Drift and bearing are LAD defensive drivers. If one were to launch a attack bey hard, It would knock the drift/bearing out of balance giving you the upper hand in the battle, decreasing their stamina and increasing yours by launching harder, therefore giving you a advantage.. If, perhaps, I would launch a defensive bey hard, it would first knock the drift/bearing out of the middle, taking its place and stopping the bey from regaining the center, again, decreasing its stamina and increasing yours, giving you the advantage. For stamina it would simply outlast the bey (depending on various factors.)

So simply 'launching the bey harder does infact give you a advantage.
Idk why I spent so long writing this but if you think my explaining was pretty good then drop a like to the post please.
(Apr. 09, 2023  3:39 PM)DragonBeyblade! Wrote:
(Apr. 09, 2023  9:47 AM)BladerGem Wrote: If it was really as easy as "just launch harder" then I don't think some of the top WBO members would be advocating for the (optional, at the very least) removal of BDr in Standard...
Drift and bearing are LAD defensive drivers. If one were to launch a attack bey hard, It would knock the drift/bearing out of balance giving you the upper hand in the battle, decreasing their stamina and increasing yours by launching harder, therefore giving you a advantage.. If, perhaps, I would launch a defensive bey hard, it would first knock the drift/bearing out of the middle, taking its place and stopping the bey from regaining the center, again, decreasing its stamina and increasing yours, giving you the advantage. For stamina it would simply outlast the bey (depending on various factors.)

Idk why I spent so long writing this but if you think my explaining was pretty good then drop a like to the post please.

I don't think I have enough words to explain how wildly incorrect everything in this post is.
I definitely think Bearing Drift should be put on a banned list as it just dominates the meta. Anyone that can't get it has 0 hope of making it in our local events, and all the matches have turned into who rip their stamina type harder with better balance. Plus with the variance in effectiveness on different bearing drifts, mirror matchups can turn into guarantied wins. I haven't been enjoying the competitive side since this part was introduced.
(Apr. 09, 2023  3:39 PM)DragonBeyblade! Wrote:
(Apr. 09, 2023  9:47 AM)BladerGem Wrote: If it was really as easy as "just launch harder" then I don't think some of the top WBO members would be advocating for the (optional, at the very least) removal of BDr in Standard...

As Th!nk said, many things about this are wrong, so I'll just point them out.

1. Dr and Br are stamina drivers. And although Drift was originally released on a defense combo, it can be repurposed as one. Also its mainly the variants that are the problem.
2. A hard launch with an attack bey won't do anything but make it uncontrollable and self-ko.
3. Bearing and Drift have wide circular bases. Unless the combo is top-heavy or outclassed in weight, it will maintain it's balance.
4. For an attack bey to be useful in this situation, it would have to flower pattern, which makes it continuously go from inside and outside the center(also attack types don't stay in the center). Defense types are made to counter this. Attack types relativity have less stamina than the other 3 types. 
5. Gaining the center does not magically give a bey more stamina, it helps preserve stamina because there's no extra movement.
6. An attack type winning against a defense type via spin finish without something special happening is completely illogical

Put all of these together and you'll understand why what you wrote makes no sense.