Do you hate going to the Dentist?

I cant imagine anyone other than a dentist waking up and thinking 'yay! Dentist time!'
Unless you have a fetish for metal instruments being put into your mouth.

I havent been to the dentists for about 8 years now. The last time I went to one was for a cavity filling (my only one) But at the time, I was petrified of needles and in major pain due to this really big hole in my tooth, so I decided to have them drill into it without any anasthetic, honestly didnt hurt one bit, until they hit the nerve in my tooth XD.

The worst part of it was the temporary filling they gave me (apparently they cant do proper fillings in a dental hospital? wtf) temporary filling consisted of some paper stuff coated in clover (not the butter XD) and the aftertaste it gave off everytime I ate was godawful
(Dec. 13, 2008  11:08 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: who the hell pulls teeth out just because new ones are coming in!?

My dentist apparently XD
He did the same thing to my mum, as well as put a black filling in her front tooth because it was cracked. eventhough theyre meant to put in white. Morons.
(Dec. 13, 2008  11:29 PM)May The Pirate Wrote:
(Dec. 13, 2008  11:08 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: who the hell pulls teeth out just because new ones are coming in!?

My dentist apparently XD
He did the same thing to my mum, as well as put a black filling in her front tooth because it was cracked. eventhough theyre meant to put in white. Morons.

I would be really worried about your dentist if he's trying to pull out teeth for no real good reason

Personally, I am not looking forward to my next dentist visit. All four wisdom teeth are finally coming in, and my aligned teeth that I got through 2 1/2 years of carp braces are becoming crooked again

I've only ever had two cavities, but they were caught so early and they were so minor that the drilling didn't require any numbing, and the actual drilling itself was painless.
(Dec. 13, 2008  11:40 PM)Grey Wrote: I got through 2 1/2 years of carp braces

Some people like braces. I think it's really odd but people in my class who had perfectly fine teeth are startnig to get braces so they can be totally perfect. I'm even starting to become self concious about my teeth and my teeth aren't crooked or anything - they're just not 'perfect'.
(Dec. 13, 2008  11:42 PM)yruahippo Wrote:

Some people like braces. I think it's really odd but people in my class who had perfectly fine teeth are startnig to get braces so they can be totally perfect. I'm even starting to become self concious about my teeth and my teeth aren't crooked or anything - they're just not 'perfect'.

Braces sucked

For the first year or so, my teeth ached every time I had them tightened, and for the entire duration of the 2 1/2 years, my breath smelled terribly no matter how well or often I brushed my teeth, and my lips and cheeks were torn up from the brackets.
(Dec. 13, 2008  11:45 PM)Grey Wrote:

Braces sucked

For the first year or so, my teeth ached every time I had them tightened, and for the entire duration of the 2 1/2 years, my breath smelled terribly no matter how well or often I brushed my teeth, and my lips and cheeks were torn up from the brackets.

Aww.....that sounds horrible. ;__; *hug*
(Dec. 13, 2008  11:40 PM)Grey Wrote:
(Dec. 13, 2008  11:29 PM)May The Pirate Wrote:

My dentist apparently XD

I would be really worried about your dentist if he's trying to pull out teeth for no real good reason

It's why I don't see him since I avoid him like the plague.
I personally just think he's too lazy to do any form of work so just goes "Out they go"
I had to live off mashed potato and soup for 2 months until my gums healed and hardened enough to be used ¬_¬
i don't mind the dentist as long as they don't want to take teeth out.
i've had that done a few times, the gas tasts and smells horrible ;_;
the first time i had to have the taken out i was around 9 so i was realy scared.
i ended up having to be pinned to the chair by other dentists and the gas mask being held to my face whilst i shook my head madly. ahhhh, good times? XD
(Dec. 14, 2008  6:06 PM)neek_alert Wrote: i don't mind the dentist as long as they don't want to take teeth out.
i've had that done a few times, the gas tasts and smells horrible ;_;
the first time i had to have the taken out i was around 9 so i was realy scared.
i ended up having to be pinned to the chair by other dentists and the gas mask being held to my face whilst i shook my head madly. ahhhh, good times? XD

Woah, they put you completely under? That sounds a little extreme for getting some teeth taken out.....D:
Grey be happy you are young and done with braces.

not that I dread them, I want them, my teeth need them. The day I can bite properly will be awsome.
I like going to the dentist. Its funny though, I said a few months ago how I got four or five fillings done in 2 weeks (not my fault, I brush, it was the crevices). I enjoyed it, as weird as it sounds.
its a part of overall health..
I hate that Hoover Thing that suckes into your mouth

i dated a girl with braces once, they were kinda cute
i had braces

kissing girls with them was an adventure
(Dec. 13, 2008  2:53 PM)Maz Wrote: I dont know why people are afraid of geting cavities drilled. They inject you with painkillers. Sure the needle might hurt for 2 seconds but after that youd be lucky to be able to drink out of a cup your mouth is so numb.

Dunno if it's just me but the painkillers never seem to work. I get injected a bazillion times because I can still feel it and then they drill me anyway and I feel that. It's not fun....
Dentist = The Devil
Same for my Orthodontist...maybe cause I take horrible care for my teeth...and the fact that I might have to get braces again cause my damn dog got a hold of my retainer 3 times and my mom won't pay to get a replacement anymore...I envy people who have those perfectly straight teeth >.>
STUPID DENTISTS

TRYING TO TAKE CARE OF OUR TEETH!!!
(Dec. 18, 2008  4:30 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: STUPID DENTISTS

These 'STUPID DENTISTS' are the reason my dad has all fake teeth >.>
(Dec. 18, 2008  4:33 AM)Krys Wrote:

yeah i'm sure they decided to pull out all of his perfectly healthy teeth and replace them with fake ones

and it's not like your dad could have said no or anything
(Dec. 18, 2008  4:35 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Dec. 18, 2008  4:33 AM)Krys Wrote:

yeah i'm sure they decided to pull out all of his perfectly healthy teeth and replace them with fake ones

and it's not like your dad could have said no or anything

They do it for the money >.> The more they do, the more cash they can rip off from us.
(Dec. 18, 2008  4:36 AM)Krys Wrote: They do it for the money >.> The more they do, the more cash they can rip off from us.

you're not forced to go through with it!
(Dec. 18, 2008  4:45 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Dec. 18, 2008  4:36 AM)Krys Wrote: They do it for the money >.> The more they do, the more cash they can rip off from us.

you're not forced to go through with it!

'bout time someone told my dad that =/
but they touch our teeth!!! Get the rights to take them out
(Dec. 18, 2008  8:58 PM)KidTala Wrote: but they touch our teeth!!! Get the rights to take them out

what
(Dec. 18, 2008  8:58 PM)KidTala Wrote: but they touch our teeth!!! Get the rights to take them out

-----
I mean, seriously now

If it's so so so painful to go to the dentist, you need to start taking better care of your teeth

I will sometimes slack a bit, and even then, it's only a minor irritation

also p.s., if a dentist is pulling out teeth just for the sake of pulling out teeth, then you shouldn't be seeing them anyway
I've also found out that dentists here wont touch Wisdom teeth anymore, whether theyre in agony or what unless you go private.
This is the part where I face palm and go "Why the carp do we pay national insurance, The NHS is SHITE!"
I mean Christ it's postcode lottery just to get certain treatments for deadly diseases/infections.