Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here.

(Jun. 24, 2009  6:19 PM)Raikage Wrote: Here's my deck:

Monsters (Total: 30)

Magic/Spells (Total: 12)

Traps (Total: 14)

Total Cards: 56

Well, heres the issues I see with the deck.

1) Too many cards. While 40 is preferable you can get away with 50. However, your deck is an opening hand bigger, which means you won't get to the actual deck until after turn 1. I suggest side decking out 15 cards and dropping 1
2) What's the goal of the deck? Beat down?

-------------------------------------------
My deck:

Barrage of the Spellcasters
Count: 18/27

Monsters:
Dark Magician x 3
Sorcerer of Dark Magic x 2
Skilled Dark Magician x 2
Apprentice Magician x 2
Dark Magician Girl x 1
Gravekeeper's Spy x 1
Gravekeeper's Curse x 1
Mythical Beast Cerberus x 1
Dark Eradicator Warlock x 1
Chaos Comman Magician x 1
Magician of Black Chaos x 1
Magical Marionette x 1
Frequency Magician x 1

Spells:
Dark Magic Attack x 2
Unity x 1
Sebek's Blessing x 1
Mage Power x 1
Mystical Space Typhoon x 1
Swords of Revealing Light x 1
Magical Mallet x 1
Mausoleum of the Emperor x 1
Reload x 1
Lightning Vortex x 1
Mystic Box x 1
Black Pendant x 1
Shield Crush x 1
Dark Magic Curtain x 1
Magical Dimension x 1
Serial Spell x 1
Black Magic Ritual x 1

Traps:
Pitch Black Power Stone x 1
Spellbinding Circle x 1
Magic Cylinder x 1
Chain Destruction x 1
Ultimate Offering x 1
Legacy of Yata-Garasu x 1
Jar of Greed x 1
Shadow Spell x 1
Covering Fire x 1

This decks goal is to maximize my chances of quickly summoning the DM, then using him to get some of my more powerful monsters and effects, such as SDM and Dark Magic Attack.

Some things I feel I should explain:
The Gravekeepers: Quick 2 tributes and 500 damage
Jar of Greed and Legacy: Card advantage. Quickly draw my DM summoners
Power Stone: Counters for various effects
Pendant: +500 atk and 500 LP when destroyed!
Mallet and Reload: Card Advantage
Marionette: In case summoning DM seems unlikely, I use Marionette as my backup. 1 counter every time a spell hits the boards, remove two counters to kill something. Counters give +200, no limit.

Some things I can improve on:
Spell recycle, monster recycle, speed, size of deck. Very little defensive options, strictly an Offensive deck.

Comments?
Nice. Pretty unique too Grin
(Jun. 24, 2009  8:39 PM)Giga Wrote: Nice. Pretty unique too Grin

Thank you! I never expected I would run casters one day but I happened upon the Spellcaster theme deck and I haven't really lost since. This deck is a heavily customized version of the original Caster theme.
i used to love yu-gi-oh but i don't care for it anymore i still have my deck but i think i'm about to sell it
(Jun. 24, 2009  8:46 PM)Th3Jok3r Wrote: i used to love yu-gi-oh but i don't care for it anymore i still have my deck but i think i'm about to sell it

Care to post it?
(Jun. 24, 2009  8:47 PM)fragbait Wrote: Care to post it?
what the pictures of all the cards?
(Jun. 24, 2009  8:50 PM)Th3Jok3r Wrote: what the pictures of all the cards?

God no, a list.
(Jun. 24, 2009  8:53 PM)fragbait Wrote: God no, a list.
ok
Red-Eyes B. Chick
Red Eyes B. Dragon
Elemental Hero Sparkman
Cocoon of Evolution
Black Pendant x2
Burst Breath
Bad Reaction to Simochi x2
Hiro's Shadow Scout
Gust
Element Soldier
Black Illusion Ritual
Fissure
Battle Ox
The All-Seeing White Tiger
Thunder of Ruler
Ultimate Offering
Castle Walls
Array of Revealing Light
Dream Clown
Monster Egg
Man-Eater Bug
Dian Keto the Cure Master
Celtic Guardian
Toon World
Gather Your Mind
Doma the Angel of Silence
Trap Hole
Burning Beast
The Puppet Magic of Dark Ruler
Poison of the Old man
Remove Trap
Aqua Madoor
Dark Hole
Ninjitsu Art of Decoy
Enervating Mist
Rush Recklessly
Infinite Dimissal
Watapon
Enchanted Javelin
Horus' Servant
Howling InsectMystical Space Typhoon
Hane-Hane
Ring of Magnetism
Spirit of Flames
Huge Revolution
De-Spell
Dimension Jar
Gradius's Option
The Graveyard in the Fourth Dimension
Dark mimic LV1
Muka Muka
Major Riot
Level Up!
Heavy Slump
Bubble Crash
Majic Jammer
Soul Release
Monster Reborn
Limiter Removal
I just threw a deck together for fun last night with some of the better cards I have laying around:

Monsters: 20
Light and Darkness Dragon x2
Dark Nephthys x2
Caius the Shadow Monarch x2
Jinzo (might replace for a second Raiza)
Raiza the Storm Monarch
Breaker the Magical Warrior
Morphing Jar
Treeborn Frog
Sangan
Card Trooper
Gravekeeper's Spy x2
D.D. Crow x2
Snipe Hunter
Spirit Reaper
Spell Striker

Spells: 11
Heavy Storm
Allure of Darkness x2
Trade-In x2
Brain Control
Smashing Ground
Mystical Space Typhoon
Monster Reborn
Foolish Burial

Traps: 9
Solemn Judgment x2
Bottomless Trap Holex3
Mirror Force
Torrential Tribute
Trap Dustshoot
Mind Crush

Basic idea is to keep the tempo of the game at a slower pace using various monster removal tools until I can take control via Light and Darkness Dragon or Monarchs.

There's a decent amount of tribute fodder for LaDD, Monarchs, and Jinzo. Dark Nephthys is there to fuel the Trade-In/Allure of Darkness draw engine, and because of it's dual use as S/T removal and a 2400 atk beat stick.

Basically everything else is S/T/M removal, general disruption, and defense. I'd like to think most of the cards here serve multiple purposes, and aren't hugely situational.

I need new cards. This deck is basically something salvaged from atleast two formats ago, and would probably get annihilated by current aggro decks, and all burn decks.
(Jun. 24, 2009  8:22 PM)fragbait Wrote: Well, heres the issues I see with the deck.

1) Too many cards. While 40 is preferable you can get away with 50. However, your deck is an opening hand bigger, which means you won't get to the actual deck until after turn 1. I suggest side decking out 15 cards and dropping 1
2) What's the goal of the deck? Beat down?

1) I've actually been considering taking a few cards out. Mostly because the reason I lost last time I played was because of the same reason you stated. I didn't get the actual deck until after my first turn.

2) Pretty much. My deck is built to counter my cousin's deck, since he's really the only person I duel against. :\
i run a BW/Lockdown. I love it since i can make them do nothing as a swarm them.
(Jun. 24, 2009  10:50 PM)kool-kid9980 Wrote: i run a BW/Lockdown. I love it since i can make them do nothing as a swarm them.

I don't know anything about Black Wings' effects currently, but apparently they are the Top Tier 1 deck currently. Control/OTK variants seem to be the most popular builds.
(Jun. 21, 2009  7:05 PM)Giga Wrote: CBs do not work without Rainbow Dragon.

if u mean me then i got one. READ
(Jun. 24, 2009  9:00 PM)Th3Jok3r Wrote: Deck was here

Please post in the same format as we did. The list you posted was ugly.
If anyone is interested, I'll duel someone on AIM or something. Honor duel because my Webcam is attached to my screen and can't point down.
Monsters(24)
Red-Eyes B. Chick
Red Eyes B. Dragon
Elemental Hero Sparkman
Cocoon of Evolution
Hiro's Shadow Scout
Element Soldier
Battle Ox
The All-Seeing White Tiger
Monster Egg
Man-Eater Bug
Celtic Guardian
Dream Clown
Doma the Angel of Silence
Burning Beast
Aqua Madoor
Watapon
Horus' Servant
Howling Insect
Hane-Hane
Spirit of Flames
Dimension Jar
Gradius's Option
Dark mimic LV1
Muka Muka

Spell's and Trap's(38)
Black Pendant x2
Burst Breath
Bad Reaction to Simochi x2
Gust
Black Illusion Ritual
Fissure
Thunder of Ruler
Ultimate Offering
Castle Walls
Array of Revealing Light
Dian Keto the Cure Master
Toon World
Gather Your Mind
Trap Hole
The Puppet Magic of Dark Ruler
Poison of the Old man
Remove Trap
Dark Hole
Ninjitsu Art of Decoy
Enervating Mist
Rush Recklessly
Infinite Dimissal
Enchanted Javelin
Mystical Space Typhoon
Ring of Magnetism
Huge Revolution
De-Spell
The Graveyard in the Fourth Dimension
Major Riot
Level Up!
Heavy Slump
Bubble Crash
Majic Jammer
Soul Release
Monster Reborn
Limiter Removal
is that better?
Thanks, now commentary.

1) TOO. BIG. 62 cards? Unless your deck is heavy into draw power it's not acceptable. And even then.
2) There are USELESS cards in this deck. Toon World? Pay 1000 life for....NOTHING! Graveyard in the 4th Dimension? WTF. Level up? I see one LV monster and there's nothing for it to upgrade to. I could go on...

Honestly, you should scrap that deck and start over. There is really nothing I like there.
(Jun. 25, 2009  1:30 AM)fragbait Wrote: Thanks, now commentary.

1) TOO. BIG. 62 cards? Unless your deck is heavy into draw power it's not acceptable. And even then.
2) There are USELESS cards in this deck. Toon World? Pay 1000 life for....NOTHING! Graveyard in the 4th Dimension? WTF. Level up? I see one LV monster and there's nothing for it to upgrade to. I could go on...

Honestly, you should scrap that deck and start over. There is really nothing I like there.
well i said i was getting rid of it before i don't even play anymore so ya i guess
(Jun. 25, 2009  1:33 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [Image: ToonWorldDB1-EN-C.jpg]

lol what

It litteraly is useless on it's own. It's only used in Toon decks, because it's required to summon toon monsters.
(Jun. 25, 2009  1:30 AM)fragbait Wrote: 1) TOO. BIG. 62 cards? Unless your deck is heavy into draw power it's not acceptable. And even then.

Anyone using more than 40 cards is pushing their luck; Anymore than 42, and you're just crazy.

Also, toon decks are all awful, sadly Unhappy
(Jun. 25, 2009  2:27 AM)Synesthesia Wrote: Anyone using more than 40 cards is pushing their luck; Anymore than 42, and you're just crazy.

Most of the time you don't want more than 40, but I suppose a Deck thinner or draw engine would be some way you would get away with it. I won't let my deck go over 50 myself.
(Jun. 25, 2009  2:29 AM)fragbait Wrote: Most of the time you don't want more than 40, but I suppose a Deck thinner or draw engine would be some way you would get away with it. I won't let my deck go over 50 myself.

Even with deck thinners and a decent draw engine it isn't a good idea to break forty if you can avoid it.
(Jun. 25, 2009  2:55 AM)Synesthesia Wrote: Even with deck thinners and a decent draw engine it isn't a good idea to break forty if you can avoid it.

I wasn't debating it.
(Jun. 23, 2009  8:11 PM)Beyunit-DL Wrote: My mate at school has a dragon deck to day i saw him make blues eyes black dragon and he won on his second go!!!
i mean blue eyes white dragon lol sorry.
And btw this is beyunit im on kidtala's by mistake time to get off of it.
(Jun. 25, 2009  2:27 AM)Synesthesia Wrote: Anyone using more than 40 cards is pushing their luck; Anymore than 42, and you're just crazy.

I'll agree with you on toon decks, they really did a bad job at creating them.

Some of the newer decks however do need more than 40 cards, I know tournament worthy gadget decks run 45 cards, and Lightsworn (the monster theme with each of them having the effect of discarding X cards from the top of your deck during the end phase) run 45 aswell.

It's usually good to stick to 40 if you lack any milling effects or draw power.

Current deck i'm making at the moment is Synchro cat, and am currently looking to trade for as much gladiator beast stuff as i can.