Discuss your yu-gi-oh decks here.

(Jun. 25, 2009  6:33 PM)Dreamborn Wrote: I'll agree with you on toon decks, they really did a bad job at creating them.

Some of the newer decks however do need more than 40 cards, I know tournament worthy gadget decks run 45 cards, and Lightsworn (the monster theme with each of them having the effect of discarding X cards from the top of your deck during the end phase) run 45 aswell.

It's usually good to stick to 40 if you lack any milling effects or draw power.

Current deck i'm making at the moment is Synchro cat, and am currently looking to trade for as much gladiator beast stuff as i can.

Gadgets definitely can get away with running more than 40 cards simply because they need to avoid drawing extra copies of Gadgets. The Lightsworn theme pretty much revolves around milling to the point they can actually deck themselves out if the player doesn't know what he/her is doing. Other than Lightsworn and 5th Gadget, or whatever they call it now, not much else really comes to mind when breaking the 40 limit.

How consistent are Syncro Cat builds?
(Jun. 25, 2009  6:33 PM)Dreamborn Wrote: I'll agree with you on toon decks, they really did a bad job at creating them.

Some of the newer decks however do need more than 40 cards, I know tournament worthy gadget decks run 45 cards, and Lightsworn (the monster theme with each of them having the effect of discarding X cards from the top of your deck during the end phase) run 45 aswell.

It's usually good to stick to 40 if you lack any milling effects or draw power.

Current deck i'm making at the moment is Synchro cat, and am currently looking to trade for as much gladiator beast stuff as i can.

I have a bit of Glad stuff, lemme look. You got any caster stuff?
(Jun. 25, 2009  9:27 PM)Synesthesia Wrote: How consistent are Syncro Cat builds?

From what i've tested and the decklists i've seen, they are scarily consistent.

So long as your opening hand consists of

summon priest (summoner monk in english Pinching_eyes )
Cold wave
random spell.

it sets up a quick control play, diminishing the opponents board combined with the 1 auto discard of X-saber airbellum it puts the opponent in quite a pinch.

I do my best to keep to 40 cards, though there are some decks (like hopeless dragon) where I cant simply cut a card out to smooth it down to 40.

Fragbait : what caster stuff do you need?
I'm looking for just a few things, but I'll consider any offer related to casters.

I'm really looking for Tempest Magician and Secret Village of the Spellcasters. Magician's Valkyria would be good too.
[Image: copy3ofvlcsnap414800.gif]

This is a message board about spinning tops. I don't take kindly to your 2D flat land monster cards.

Seriously, when I last played in tournaments I used a deck built around Insect Barrier and DNA Surgery, which was years ago.
(Jun. 28, 2009  1:23 AM)To Wrote: [Image: copy3ofvlcsnap414800.gif]

This is a message board about spinning tops. I don't take kindly to your 2D flat land monster cards.

Seriously, when I last played in tournaments I used a deck built around Insect Barrier and DNA Surgery, which was years ago.

Epic.

Insect Barrier is a great combo, but replace DNA with Parasite Pesticide and you have one of the very few comboes from the anime that actually works.
I have that card Weevil used (Parasite Pesticide I guess). But I was always fearful I might forget to get the card back from the other person, so I never put it in my deck.
(Jun. 28, 2009  1:28 AM)To Wrote: I have that card Weevil used (Parasite Pesticide I guess). But I was always fearful I might forget to get the card back from the other person, so I never put it in my deck.

Sleeve it when they take it.
I kept all my cards in sleeves, lmao. I'm just an absent minded person at times.
(Jun. 28, 2009  1:32 AM)To Wrote: I kept all my cards in sleeves, lmao. I'm just an absent minded person at times.

I don't know where all my sleeves went....they disappeared on me.
Probably going to end up building a Blackwing Control deck soon if I ever get the chance to test it. Supposedly it's really fast, and can OTK at just about any point in the game.

The Syncros are what's going to be the problem getting. I just need to get a Dark Armed Dragon, a third Solemn, and I'll pretty much have the main deck in the bag.
Good stuff. What variation will you be going for, Synth?
(Jun. 28, 2009  2:10 AM)fragbait Wrote: Good stuff. What variation will you be going for, Synth?

(Jun. 28, 2009  1:54 AM)Synesthesia Wrote: Probably going to end up building a Blackwing Control deck soon if I ever get the chance to test it.

Going to run it with Solemn Judgment x3, Giant Trunade, and whatever else allows me to keep the backfield clear without slowing the deck down.
(Jun. 28, 2009  3:28 AM)Synesthesia Wrote: Going to run it with Solemn Judgment x3, Giant Trunade, and whatever else allows me to keep the backfield clear without slowing the deck down.

I saw the blackwing part, but there's always different ways to go about it. As you know you only need certain cards for sure and the rest can be up to you based on how you wanna run it. I'm not blind Wink
Idk, I'm just going to load up on stuff that makes sense. Not planning on doing anything special; Just as long as I can press for major damage with minimal risk.

Probably going to run a couple of these:

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Icarus_Attack
Nice. Make sure you don't forget your staples though.
I stopped Yu-Gi-Oh but recently I saw a 2008 Holiday Collectors tin, and I bought it for an unknown reason. $50
So I guess I play again
Monsters:

Red Dragon Archfiend
Gladiator Beast Equeste X2
Telekenetic Shocker X2
Doctor Cranium (You'll see why I use crappy Psychics)
Gonogo
The Immortal Bushi
Jutte Fighter
Gemini Lancer
Kunoichi
Psychic Snail
Swordstalker
Handcuffs Dragon
Cannon Soldier MK-2
Turbo Booster
Twin Shield Defender
Twin Barrel Dragon
Herald Of Orange Light
Oyster Meister
Gora Turtle(FAKE) I use because it's one of my best

Spell Cards:

Gladiator Beast's Battle Archfiend Shield
Telekenetic Charging Cell
Unleash Your Power!
Creature Swap
Kishido Spirit
Domino Effect
Junk Barrage
Ribbon Of Rebirth
Dark Hole(Fake)

Trap Cards
Eradicator Epidemic Virus
Psychic Rejunevation(BEST CARD I OWN!!!)
Telepathic Power (Also Best Card I own!!)
Gladiator Lash
Summon Limit
Graceful Revival
Intercept
Limit Reverse
All-Out Attacks
Fish Depth Charge
Knack(Fake)
Waboku(Fake)
Spiritual Wind Art-Miyabi(Fake)l
5 Fakes altogether, I take them out for tournament battles

Oh yeah, Do you guys know what our cards actually do? Or do you just like the names??
Damn it theres a dark hole, I want a real version of that!

How can you use it if it's fake ...? It's the same as using fake parts in Beyblade. It isn't acceptable.
(Jun. 28, 2009  5:42 AM)MS-Ash Wrote: I stopped Yu-Gi-Oh but recently I saw a 2008 Holiday Collectors tin, and I bought it for an unknown reason. $50
So I guess I play again
Monsters:

Red Dragon Archfiend
Gladiator Beast Equeste X2
Telekenetic Shocker X2
Doctor Cranium (You'll see why I use crappy Psychics)
Gonogo
The Immortal Bushi
Jutte Fighter
Gemini Lancer
Kunoichi
Psychic Snail
Swordstalker
Handcuffs Dragon
Cannon Soldier MK-2
Turbo Booster
Twin Shield Defender
Twin Barrel Dragon
Herald Of Orange Light
Oyster Meister

Spell Cards:

Gladiator Beast's Battle Archfiend Shield
Telekenetic Charging Cell
Unleash Your Power!
Creature Swap
Kishido Spirit
Domino Effect
Junk Barrage
Ribbon Of Rebirth
Dark Hole(Fake)

Trap Cards
Eradicator Epidemic Virus
Psychic Rejunevation(BEST CARD I OWN!!!)
Telepathic Power (Also Best Card I own!!)
Gladiator Lash
Summon Limit
Graceful Revival
Intercept
Limit Reverse
All-Out Attacks
Fish Depth Charge
Knack(Fake)
Waboku(Fake)
Spiritual Wind Art-Miyabi(Fake)l
5 Fakes altogether, I take them out for tournament battles

Oh yeah, Do you guys know what our cards actually do? Or do you just like the names??

Any comments?
Dude, you only posted it like an hour ago ... and I doubt many people are too impressed by your fake cards.
It's funny because you can get the real versions of those cards for like $.05.

Based off of what I remembered, the deck doesn't seem that good. It has a bunch of splashed cards and it looks like it has too many cards in it.
Your a very negative person Brad, it's just a god damn fake.
What, the world's going to end if I use it??
(Jun. 28, 2009  7:03 AM)MS-Ash Wrote: Your a very negative person Brad, it's just a god damn fake.
What, the world's going to end if I use it??

No, but nobody worth a damn will play against you. Why not just print out a picture of Crush Card Virus and stick it in your deck? It's seriously the exact same thing as using a fake card.