Disc Contact Combos

I have seen a lot of traditional combos around at the moment and yet there are some which don't quite seem to make it to the top finishes. like dangerous belial II karma wave' perfect gear or tempest solomon nexus-s quattro 1s. these combos are designed to contact the disc with opponents layer to prevent burst and increase attack/defense. I am thinking of making the first one (dangerous belial) and I would like some feedback on anyone who has seen/tried out these combos.
(Nov. 22, 2021  10:20 PM)AstralFafnir Wrote: I have seen a lot of traditional combos around at the moment and yet there are some which don't quite seem to make it to the top finishes. like dangerous belial II karma wave' perfect gear or tempest solomon nexus-s quattro 1s. these combos are designed to contact the disc with opponents layer to prevent burst and increase attack/defense. I am thinking of making the first one (dangerous belial) and I would like some feedback on anyone who has seen/tried out these combos.

Disc contact is rare and effectively, in testing, useless... You could use it on maybe hxt+ combo but it wouldn't make a difference as disc contact doesn't do anything and if its tall which you will try to do for a disc contact combo it would get wobbly and unbalanced. Preventing bursts when bursts don't happen is as well over doing it
(Nov. 23, 2021  4:03 AM)Beybladedb Wrote:
(Nov. 22, 2021  10:20 PM)AstralFafnir Wrote: I have seen a lot of traditional combos around at the moment and yet there are some which don't quite seem to make it to the top finishes. like dangerous belial II karma wave' perfect gear or tempest solomon nexus-s quattro 1s. these combos are designed to contact the disc with opponents layer to prevent burst and increase attack/defense. I am thinking of making the first one (dangerous belial) and I would like some feedback on anyone who has seen/tried out these combos.

Disc contact is rare and effectively, in testing, useless... You could use it on maybe hxt+ combo but it wouldn't make a difference as disc contact doesn't do anything and if its tall which you will try to do for a disc contact combo it would get wobbly and unbalanced. Preventing bursts when bursts don't happen is as well over doing it

good point, still a karma-based l-gear build would be epic if it worked. quattro is better on belial than solomon for attack mode but high xtend+' is better for solomon. oh well 😐

side note: why does the dash for hxt+' go before the plus? it did for zone'+z and xceed'+x
(Nov. 23, 2021  7:11 AM)AstralFafnir Wrote:
(Nov. 23, 2021  4:03 AM)Beybladedb Wrote: Disc contact is rare and effectively, in testing, useless... You could use it on maybe hxt+ combo but it wouldn't make a difference as disc contact doesn't do anything and if its tall which you will try to do for a disc contact combo it would get wobbly and unbalanced. Preventing bursts when bursts don't happen is as well over doing it

good point, still a karma-based l-gear build would be epic if it worked. quattro is better on belial than solomon for attack mode but high xtend+' is better for solomon. oh well 😐

side note: why does the dash for hxt+' go before the plus? it did for zone'+z and xceed'+x

because the z and x are attachments and you put them on xceed' which is a driver without the chip and same with zone' which is just a driver. Also the chips are easily removable for z and x but on extend plus you need the tool so its like its part of the driver.
The only place this has really worked is with Paradox, which can kinda reset teeth a little sometimes, or alternatively actually make a pretty scary attack setup with minimal self burst concerns were it legal in Burst Limited (using a small layer and x'). The rest mostly don't do much, and even paradox is fairly minor. I've done Karma.Quattro combos designed to make disk to layer contact - I did achieve that, but they weren't terribly good.