Digital Scales

(Oct. 23, 2008  4:17 AM)Blue Wrote: Very good topic. I've looked around never bought one though. brad I like yours

You can also consider a triple beam balance scale. WARNING: BALLER expensive but ebay is you bff. imo these are by far the best. Calibration is simple. used in chemistry. LOL

I have but one nitpick.

Brad please change the OP to say mass instead of weight.

Even the more expensive ones only have .1g precision as far as I can see (I didn't look at all of them)... Hmm. I still recommend a digital pocket scale like mine or Brad's. Calibration is simple for these digital scales as well.
(Oct. 23, 2008  4:38 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: why

how is weight not accurate

mass doesn't change. mass is used in physics calculations related to energy etc. grams is a measurement unit of mass.

weight is a measurement of force applied by gravity. newtons and oz. lbs (imperial) are units that apply.
(Oct. 23, 2008  5:20 AM)Blue Wrote:
(Oct. 23, 2008  4:38 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: why

how is weight not accurate

mass doesn't change. mass is used in physics calculations related to energy etc. grams is a measurement unit of mass.

weight is a measurement of force applied by gravity. newtons and oz. lbs (imperial) are units that apply.

Yes, but I don't think anyone here plans on using their scale on any other planet but Earth so... weight is just as fixed as Mass. And seeing as how an object's weight is roughly proportionate to its mass, they can be used interchangeably. In fact...

Quote:"In commerce and in many other applications, weight means the same as mass as that term is used in physics."

"The original meaning of "weight," still in general use today, is equivalent to mass."

Serious
(Oct. 23, 2008  5:29 AM)Anubis Wrote: Oh christ

elaborate.

EDIT: Its just the way I learned it. I don't see mass as more complex.
Kinematics/mechanics use mass for calculations. w.e. I'll use mass.

Quote:The gram (often gramme in British English), (Greek/Latin root grámma); symbol g, is a unit of mass.
Wikipedia

This also proves your reasoning, but explains the differences in contexts that Im arguing.

edit2: didn't see your posts. I thought mass would be more to the point. Since we can take this game so serious..
Point being, the term "weight" is used for the sake of simplicty. There's no need to be politically correct about everything...

And uh... On a more related note, I should be picking up my digital scale sometime next week.
Blue, I'm not getting into semantics. For all practical applications, weight is appropriate. This is a Beyblade forum, not a physics forum.
(Oct. 23, 2008  5:45 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Blue, I'm not getting into semantics. For all practical applications, weight is appropriate. This is a Beyblade forum, not a physics forum.

Precisely.
(Oct. 23, 2008  5:38 AM)Blue Wrote:
(Oct. 23, 2008  5:29 AM)Anubis Wrote: Oh christ

elaborate.

Pretty much what Brad said
Anyway, one way to find a parts balance for the horizontal plane, you would rather rudimentarily have to balance the the part on a thin vertical edge.

Need time on your hands. don't think there would be much variation..
posting this here:

My Jiraiya Blade weighs 21.88gs and my Samurai Upper weighs 21.77gs. That's not much of a weight difference Wink