Digimon Virtual Pets/Digivices

Poll: Do you have a DigiMon virtual pet?

Yes
46.67%
No
53.33%
Total: 100% 15 vote(s)
(Sep. 12, 2012  1:18 AM)Hazel Wrote: Don't feel bad; my collection cost me thousands and is now worth more than triple what I originally paid for it. It took me two years to amass it, given exactly how rare many of the vintage V-Pets are nowadays(especially in any servicable condition). Many of the ones I enjoy most are newer(the Minis, Xros Mini, and the iC20X, specifically), so you're not entirely out of options.

Wow, do you realize how rich you'd be if you sold those? (Which you shouldn't sell them, V-Pets are 100% epic.)

I do know the current approximate value of my collection, selling at "reasonable" prices, yes.

And, it is the one collection I have that I will not ever part with willingly. It was the first collection I really avidly hunted for, and I have spent so much time running and enjoying all of these devices, they are simply a part of me.
Nice collection, and also, on the iC20X, do you pick your Digimon? I may not be able to afford a iC, but maybe a NEO.
I found a D-Power with five cards for $35 on eBay.
What color is it? Usually the cheap ones are bootlegs, I could make a guide to bootlegged D-Powers.
(Sep. 13, 2012  1:46 AM)KaiNet Wrote: What color is it? Usually the cheap ones are bootlegs, I could make a guide to bootlegged D-Powers.

It's Rika's blue D-Power.
(Sep. 13, 2012  1:47 AM)Akio314 Wrote:
(Sep. 13, 2012  1:46 AM)KaiNet Wrote: What color is it? Usually the cheap ones are bootlegs, I could make a guide to bootlegged D-Powers.

It's Takato's blue D-Power.

Takato never had a blue one. He only had red and gold. Is it blue camouflage?
Also, should I have the thread for digivices, too?
(Sep. 13, 2012  1:48 AM)KaiNet Wrote:
(Sep. 13, 2012  1:47 AM)Akio314 Wrote:

It's Takato's blue D-Power.

Takato never had a blue one. He only had red and gold. Is it blue camouflage?
Also, should I have the thread for digivices, too?

It's blue and silver, like Rika's D-Power.
Ah, OK. You found a great deal then.
(Sep. 13, 2012  1:51 AM)KaiNet Wrote: Ah, OK. You found a great deal then.

Ok, great. I think I might buy it. It also says "MADE IN CHINA. UNSCREW TO OPEN DOOR." on the back.
Wha??? Does it come with a box?
It looks fine, its a foreign version, which shouldn't matter much.
(Sep. 13, 2012  1:41 AM)Kaizermon Wrote: Nice collection, and also, on the iC20X, do you pick your Digimon? I may not be able to afford a iC, but maybe a NEO.

V-Pets do not allow you to directly choose anything - what you get depends entirely on which factors of development you provide. However, the iCs are considerably more lenient in this regard, and getting precisely what you want is actually very easy if you know how(though the same could be said of others, the method is less time consuming with the iC).

NEOs are Adventure Pets, like the Digivices, and not v-pets at all. You don't take care of a NEO, just play with it.

(Sep. 13, 2012  2:24 AM)Akio314 Wrote:
(Sep. 13, 2012  1:59 AM)KaiNet Wrote: Wha??? Does it come with a box?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/35-985-CL-Digimo...6rk%3D1%26

No Bandai logo, anywhere, not an official product. I am reasonably sure CL is a bootlegger logo, but cannot remember. Regardless, D-Powers/D-Arks are by far the most commonly bootlegged Digimon v-pets of any variety. Register here and use this thread: http://withthewill.net/index.php?topic=736.0 for future reference in purchasing Digimon electronics.

Digimon electronic bootlegs are so common, and in many cases so convincing, you will end up paying near-real item prices for an item that either will not work at all, or is a hack of the original with glitches abound. Collecting in this hobby takes a keen eye and a very careful study - far, far moreso than the obvious fakes in Beyblade.
Thanks, and I did sign up for With the Will, actually before your post. I'm waiting for the second e-mail from the administrator. I wasn't able to get a good look at Akio's digivice picture, so I wasn't able to determined it correctly.
Was just speaking to Hazel, and realised I probably have a V1 Digimon lying around somewhere that I bought in highschool for $2, as mine broke and then was stolen by someone who said they could repair it for me as a kid.

I should really find it and see if it still works. I always kept it in a draw with some other sentimental-value electronic stuff so it shouldn't have been thrown out... Would like to put it on my shelf or something, not up to handling a v pet any more.

EDIT: Hm, while I definitely bought a V1 at that price, mine having broken, I am more clearly recalling my V2. I also have a V3 Digivice which is probably around somewhere. They're all probably around somewhere, though I'm not sure where...
Cool! You're lucky, today the v-pets are around $50-100.
(Sep. 11, 2012  1:18 AM)Déjà vu Wrote: I got the app five minutes ago. Its begged for food three times, pooed four. Im getting POd at that dang blob. Its a freaking poo machine!

I just got the app, its really not that annoying unless its un-paused.
Hey I'm new I have a Xros Wars loader by Bandai and I am getting two bootleg digi-Ark digivice in mail (15-25 days Unhappy )
I watched some videos on youtube about the bootleg