Digimon

that davis guy was my favorite when i was a kid

Unhappy

and the world needs more quintin flyn

just because of his mgs voicework lololol

we've managed to avoid drowning!
Woot! Go Flynn! *has KHII box signed by Flynn*

Daisuke? I think he was the first ever-persistent protagonist I discovered. Him, Takeru, and Hikari practically formed their own romance sitcom.
Ichida Wrote:Woot! Go Flynn! *has KHII box signed by Flynn*

GIVE ME YOUR GAME!
Ichida Wrote:Of course Tamers was the best, but I really think they could have had way more strategic options with the Card Slash system than we saw put to use. Shuichon, Kenta, and Hirokazu getting partners seemed like nothing more than gratitude for being comic relief the first half of the season. I liked the fact that the hero of countless Japanese Digimon games, Akiyama Ryo, actually played an active part in the last saga ...

1. Using more Card Slash options would've been nifty but contributed very little to the show.

2. Takato's school friends were SO important and I can't believe you missed their significance. They were what grounded Takato as a normal kid and the relationship between them was fantastic.

3. Ryo wrecked that Goddamn show. He was too perfect, and the way Ruki fell for him was stupid as hell.

http://www.konaka.com/alice6/tamers/

Read ALL OF THIS.
yeah i meant daisuke.

i still like his haircut and clothing for some reason...

the reason i like ryo is that he connected the older seasons, which is my personal favorite universe, so i like that it is somewhat connected to it.

ryo's role was supposed to be the perfect one, he's a typical anime character who suited his role okay.

i loved that digimon he had though.

also, i demand a sequal series. because of the cliffhanger, and no, the movie does not count.
I love Digimon. o___O This is the second year I've marathoned all of Tamers at the end of summer. By far the best season of them all.
Watched the 1st, 2nd season and Tamers. Haven't watched Frontier yet and just watched 1 episode of Savers lol I liked Tamers a lot too, though the 1st and 2nd seasons come pretty close. I've heard people who thought Tamers was too boring.
Frontier did only one good thing. They showed off the rest of the "digimental" evolutions. Although their personalities were kinda corrupted. Sagitarimon being the evil leader of a gang of Centarumon? I mean eww...
King of Darkness Wrote:Watched the 1st, 2nd season and Tamers. Haven't watched Frontier yet and just watched 1 episode of Savers lol I liked Tamers a lot too, though the 1st and 2nd seasons come pretty close. I've heard people who thought Tamers was too boring.

Tamers was directed by a director who usually does adult anime drama (see: Serial Experiments Lain), so it didn't really connect with a lot of people.
I noticed the 5th season (Digimon Data Squad?) has started airing. I watched part of one episode and it seemed...weird. I wouldn't mind watching if I could start at the beginning to see how the story goes. They actually have digimon partners again so it may not be bad.
Mr. Toto Wrote:I liked Wendigomon. He was scary.

Doesn't it turn into Cherubimon or w/e?
Yeah, even though they called him "Kokomon" the entire movie, which was just his Fresh / In-Training form.
They did it in the Japanese movie too. I liked the English version better because the music wasn't lame.
Yeah, seriously. And I think there were a couple of scenes cut from the English version, but who's surprised about that, honestly?

What I don't like most of all is how they just clumped three Digimon OVAs together and then turned it into a full-fledged "movie." <.<;
There was over 30 minutes of footage cut from the English version.
Sorry for the bump, but who do you guys think is better? WarGreymon or MetalGarurumon?
Fleetscut Wrote:
Elmo Wrote:BEELZEMON LOVE????????????????????

I haven't actually seen anything past the 4th season, to be honest, I thought they got out of hand when they kept adding on so many more seasons, with NEW characters every time.

But the Agumon in Data Squad looks amazing Chocked.

actually past season 2 the shows really have nothing to do with the previous one(from what ive seen). its just their way of keeping the series alive without having to put it through a ton of renames

Actually, the first three seasons along with I think it is two or three games for the wonder swan are all connected. There is a lot of backstory that is missed out on. It all has to do with Ryo Akiyama. This whole backstory has lead me to believe Frontier and Savers are just alternate realities of the digimon universe.
G Wrote:Sorry for the bump, but who do you guys think is better? WarGreymon or MetalGarurumon?

what a joke, war greymon
EXACTLY! My friends were just talking about it and I said WarGreymon and they just went "asdasfasdf!!!!!!11111111".
G Wrote:EXACTLY! My friends were just talking about it and I said WarGreymon and they just went "asdasfasdf!!!!!!11111111".

Metal Garurumon shoots missiles.

War Greymon makes a small sun and tosses it at the enemy.
Carina Wrote:Tamers fans will get a kick out of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3hsdevGgwU

X3

awwwww