Different kind of creation, Your Catalyst

www.yourcatalyst.tk

That is (partly) my creation. Tell me what you think and if we have any potential!
Listening to the first song on the page (I think it's Leverage), I get the feeling that you're going at different speeds xP

Anyway, it sounds fine. It's not bad, but it doesn't really stand out from the countless other bands out there either.

Just curious, what drums and cymbals are you using?
WOW you hit the nail on the head! Thats what i was going to say, It doesn't standout too much id give it a B+! Joyful_3

So i take it your a drummer Composer of Requiems well so am i!
Joyful_3
I'm usin' a set of Ziljian ZBTs but my crash is a thin style Sabian B8!

Thanks for at least listenin to the stuff guys Smile All feedback is appreciated!
Ziljian ZBTs are good you should try Ziljian ZBT PLUS they have an awesome sound to them, do you use a splash or a china and do you use double bass?
Mounted up I have my Sabian thin crash and I have my old Ziljian ZBT crash but the thing is so thin (it came free with my ride and hi-hates) that it makes an amazing splash/trash cymbal. I love it. Yeah I use a double kick (pdw, my single kick snapped) but I'm not the best with it. I can really get a single kick going though.

What are you guys playing on? I love being a drum nerd Tongue_out.
Ludwig drum kit its sweet but i need to buy new cymbals and stand and a double bass peddle to be complete! Joyful_3
Nice nice. How long have you been drummin? I posted a picture of my kit in the "recent purchases thread". It should be on the second to newest page. it's uber nice.
3 years,
but don't think I'm not good people were amazed after 1 month of me playing.
Three years is quite a chunk of time. I guess I was just graced with rhythm. I tried picking up guitar and I could never play complex stuff that well. I can play bass ok. I can't really sing. But drumming...I've been drumming about a year now of serious drumming and trying to learn the craft.

I don't play super complex things. I enjoy playing more just heavy rock kind of stuff.
Thats good you found you center the place where your happy playing what you play and the way you play it!Joyful_3
jasonresno Wrote:Mounted up I have my Sabian thin crash and I have my old Ziljian ZBT crash but the thing is so thin (it came free with my ride and hi-hates) that it makes an amazing splash/trash cymbal. I love it. Yeah I use a double kick (pdw, my single kick snapped) but I'm not the best with it. I can really get a single kick going though.

What are you guys playing on? I love being a drum nerd Tongue_out.

PDW? I've only heard of PDP and DW?

How are your ZBTs? I've heard that they fluctuate a lot, some are really good but some are horrible.

Anyway, I'll post pictures of my kit when my new hi-hat arrives. I don't know how long delivery will take for this one since I'm ordering from a different source.

There's many other drummers on this forum. I believe Alice drums, although she doesn't say much about it, and Katashi also drums.

Edit:

[Image: th_0765ec4e.jpg]

I went ahead to take pics and sound, though.

Drums
Pearl "Target" drumset:
10x8 Mounted tom, Remo CS clear
12x10 Mounted tom, Remo CS clear
14x12 Floor tom, Remo CS clear
22x16 Bass, stock heads

Snare drum
Tama "Warlord series" Valkyrie snare, Evans G1 coated batter, Evans Hazy300 snareside, tama hi-carbon snappy
(used in this recording)

Pearl Philharmonic one-piece maple concert snare, Remo clear ambassador batter, Remo clear diplomat snareside. Using trio strainer with snappy, thin cable and heavy cable.
(On the shelf behind drumset, until I can get a new snare stand this weekend)

Cymbals (going clockwise)
Zildjian ZXT Hi-hat 14"
Sabian Duo Splash 12"
Zildjian Hybrid China 19"
Paiste Visions Crash 18"
Sabian Fierce Ride 21"

Hardware
Stock Pearl hardware from drumset, Ludwig hi-hat stand, 2x Tama boom stand
Tama Iron Cobra flexiglide double pedal

Others
Two cowbells (I mounted one on top of my hihat in this recording. Will be getting a proper cowbell mount this weekend)
Tambourine

I should be replacing my hi-hat soon. Ordered a pair of Saluda hi-hats, waiting for them to arrive.
Very cool rig. I'll check out your recording when I get home.

Here is the set I'm currently jamming on:

[Image: 226873.jpg]
-Photo courtesy of musiciansfriend.com

My cymbal set up is:

Hi-Hats: Ziljian ZBT
"Splash" Cymbal: Ziljian ZBT thin crash
--This almost "junk" crash works excellent as a splash.
Ride: Ziljian ZBT Thin Ride.
--Works great. The bell is very light and high but at the same time you can thrash on it to get a crash level out of it.
Crash Symbal: Sabian B8 thin Crash
--Best purchase I've made in a long time. Only 60 dollars and it sounds gorgeous.

I'm using Remo heads with a lower end PDP double bass pedal. I'm using mostly tama hardware I brought over from the old set I used to use.

Anywhoot I'd love to get a video of myself just jamming to put on here.

Thanks for the replies guys!

When I said "pdw" that was a goof on my part. My drums are Pacific Drums made by DW so I just put it all together.

At first I really hated by ZBT purchase. Everything seemed a bit too bright. But after playing around a bit my ride and hi-hats really do sound gorgeous for the low price I bought them for (220.00 online for hi-hats and the ride. They threw in an extra "crash" cymbal)

After playing for a bit the only complaint I have is for the crash the set came with. It is unusable for what I believe they made it for. A rock drummer like myself can't rely on it as a cymbal to set up heavy beats on. It's just too annoying sounding. Too bright and too trashy. However after getting my B8 and using it as just a splash, I couldn't have asked for more.
Composer of Requiems Wrote:There's many other drummers on this forum. I believe Alice drums, although she doesn't say much about it, and Katashi also drums.

I used to drum when I was in Jazz Band in high school, but since I don't have a set of my own at home to use I've gotten a little rusty.

These days the most drumming I get in is while playing Rock Band. LOL

I've wanted a set forever its just I have no where to put one and my parents won't allow it. (Too noisy, etc.)
If you really did want to start drumming again you could look into an electric set (decent ones run around a grand) or you could even get dampeners. My friend has this excellent set of noise killing pads. They are rubber and they can be placed on all your toms cymbals and bass drum. So you can play but the sound won't even be heard ten feet away. They are about 50 bucks a set, I could pull a link up if that was something you'd ever be interested in.
jasonresno Wrote:If you really did want to start drumming again you could look into an electric set (decent ones run around a grand) or you could even get dampeners. My friend has this excellent set of noise killing pads. They are rubber and they can be placed on all your toms cymbals and bass drum. So you can play but the sound won't even be heard ten feet away. They are about 50 bucks a set, I could pull a link up if that was something you'd ever be interested in.

But those pads take the fun out of drumming =P

To me, the feel of electronic sets are horrible. Also, the thud of the rubber pads is quite audible, apparently. Unless you set up your electronic drumkit on a properly damped stage, the vibrations will pass straight through the floor to anyone below.

You might want to note that there's a difference between electric and electronic. Where the sound comes from a module within the system, it'll be "electronic". Electric is used for things like electric guitar or electric violin, which picks up the strings vibration and convert it directly to a sound signal.

I'm currently working on some R&D to develop more realistic artificial drums at a local university. Hopefully it works out fine.