Deltora Quest

Time for a revive of this thread.
I am ABSOLUTELY LOVING DQ right now. Up to The Maze of the Beast as of this Post (started on Thursday(I'm reading ALOT) The anime is okay, but sometimes they ABSOLUTELY do not follow the books (I though the Ak-Baba were supposed to be giant vultures, not DINOSAURS)
My favourite part so far (Click to View)
List of Guardians: (Click to View)
I loved the books. There is a anime? Where do you watch it? Can I have a link
It airs on The Hub in the United States. You can view episodes on their website (hubworld.com).
My sister and i luv the books, im up to the 3rd series, the only prob is i do not hav the books. And Chaos Blader is right.... The tv series does suck, its very inacurate, the last episode ( i think ) where they hav to save lief's parents.... Never in the book so yeah i agree
OK. So I finished the first Series.
My Favourite Part: (Click to View)
Ready to tackle series two. It WAS funny how every book was exactly 120 pages long.
why was there no dragons of deltora animie?!
just watched the anime from just before they beat rea and it was an ok show. i used to have the first book but i can't find it at the moment, it just disapeared. after seeing the show im going to try and get all the books, or at least borrow them from the libary and read them. so you could call me an upcoming deltora quest fan.
Watched the whole series on Abc3 last episode was yesterday but that was season 1 at the end all the gems of deltora get separated AGAIN but each one of the tribes pick one up and liefs dad says the gems have to be in order then his father faints
I'm glad I can help people to ignite their inner Deltoran Heart.
Right now I'm up to The Shadowlands (series 2, book 3) It was funny how easy they
OPEN AT YOUR OWN RISK (Click to View)
My friend tidal is reading Dragons Nest, the first book in the 3rd series. He reads about one per week, and I read about one per day.
i WAS WONDERING IF THERE IS AN ANIME FOR SEREIES 2 AND 3.
p.s wHAT nAITRAX SAID IS NOT TRUE. i HAD A BAD WEEK.
Qu: Who is the thread starter.
also another Qu. Is emily rodda going to make another series and if yes when will it come out.
(Aug. 28, 2011  1:06 AM)tidal Wrote: also another Qu. Is emily rodda going to make another series and if yes when will it come out.

Instead of double posting, it's better to edit your previous one.

Do you mean another DQ series, or just another series of books?
Oh hey. Missed this thread.

I love Deltora Quest. Unfortunately, my library doesn't have the 3rd book of Deltora Shadowlands in stock, but I've read and reread each book at least 5 times. Wonderful series. The puzzles were awesome, and the codes were pretty cool too.

The TV series is quite inaccurate and not that good, but like the Lightning Thief movie (hissss), it was good if you didn't know the story beforehand.

And I think he means another DQ series, Chaos Blad(d)er

Off-Topic P.S. (Click to View)
(Aug. 28, 2011  1:06 AM)tidal Wrote: also another Qu. Is emily rodda going to make another series and if yes when will it come out.

tidal, she has not confirmed anything about a new DQ.
Plus, I'm now up to Dragons Nest.
EDIT: Scratch that. ISLE OF THE DEAD
EDITEDIT: FINISHED SISTER OF THE SOUTH
Holy carp people actually like this again. The second series of books were my favorite. I dont really know why.,,
I read the first series of books and it is a great story , the cartoon sucked carp it was so inacurate but it was still fun to watch. I want to read the second and third series but I cannot find them anywhere and I am banned from the school library.
I started to read the dragons of deltora before the shadowlands one... I had no clue they were in order... so as soon as I finish re-reading the dragons, I will read the shadowmarch thingy.
Ah, Deltora Quest. I remember reading those books back in Primary School and didn't like them XD

Then I heard about the anime it was somewhat ok but not something I would watch often. However, I just hate the English dub because it is just so wrong...using American (or Canadian) accents on an anime based on a novel by an Australian author is just...wrong Chocked_2
Do you get angry about the accents (or lack thereof) in Beyblade? Heck, Rei's a Chinese character who speaks perfect Japanese and English with no noticeable accent.
(Sep. 04, 2011  2:41 PM)To Wrote: Do you get angry about the accents (or lack thereof) in Beyblade? Heck, Rei's a Chinese character who speaks perfect Japanese and English with no noticeable accent.
In the Japanese, not really, I love Rei's voice in the Japanese. English, I don't really care because I don't watch dubs anymore, unless they pronounce Japanese names wrong but that's in dubs that are highly faithful to the Japanese (Beyblade is not so much...). Gasp

It's only Deltora Quest because it's an Australian novel, it should have be dubbed by Australians.
Your logic is so bad.....it makes me want to cry.....It is a dub for the USA and Canada if they had a Australian dub they might have an Australian accent. AND its not like they live in Australia in the books....
Your logic is so bad.....it makes me want to cry.....It is a dub for the USA and Canada if they had a Australian dub they might have an Australian accent. AND its not like they live in Australia in the books....
(Sep. 02, 2011  12:16 PM)RustyXD Wrote: I read the first series of books and it is a great story , the cartoon sucked carp it was so inacurate but it was still fun to watch. I want to read the second and third series but I cannot find them anywhere and I am banned from the school library.

... Lolwut. Anubis, you might want to edit those extra posts. And I cannot find the complete shadowlands series anywhere! It's quite annoying, akin to waiting for Inheritance and Son of Neptune to come out.
(Sep. 06, 2011  2:37 AM)Æ›nubis Wrote: Your logic is so bad.....it makes me want to cry.....It is a dub for the USA and Canada if they had a Australian dub they might have an Australian accent. AND its not like they live in Australia in the books....
I had a small talk with some friends about this series in it's dub and they agree with me and they're Australian.
Even my little brother who loves watching the Deltora Quest anime English dub agrees with me :\

Well, why can't some of them have Australian accents instead of all of them with North American accents; many anime have used (forced) British/Australian accents in their dubs, why can Deltora quest have it. Uncertain
Just to keep it half and half. Using all North American accents just loses it's touch...IMHO. It makes it fell like it didn't come from Australia, instead makes people, who never have read the books not know it is an Australian children's novel by Australian Author Emily Roda.

I find it sad that you make fun of people about their logic. It's my opinion and I am free to express it Angry