Deception tactics in tournaments

Poll: Do you think deception is important in tournaments?

Yes
55.84%
Sorta/ Yes and No
28.57%
No
11.69%
Not sure/Undecided
3.90%
Total: 100% 154 vote(s)
Ah, I know I'm bump/necroing one of my old threads, but seeing how there have been multiple tournaments recently, has anyone managed to win with deception in general? Doesn't have to be these tactics, just what you did. I heard some tales of it, so that's why I'm asking.
basically yes, but not fully i got 4th using only hell kerbecs, but at one point i got someone to think i was going to use mf meteo l drago lw105 wd, as they saw me talking about using it and me putting the beylauncher l and meteo in my pocket, i stalled till we turned our backs, made it sound like i was putting the beylauncher L (when it was me just putting my normal beylauncher), he clicked his bey i clicked my bey, and then showed him mine, lol

he started to worry and i won Joyful_2 yes it was my hell kerbecs, only bey needed
I think the easiest tactic is to show around your bey and use it and people you battle and have read this thread will fall for it
On BeyDays , Ancient BeyBattles , all people showed the combo to each other and didn't change it !
There was no deception tactic or anything ... And they were suprised when I changed my combo !
Now , we have this thread , now imagine how many people have seen some of the deception tactics .
So we're creating and discussing some deceptions tactics but some people manage to create an anti-body to this deceptions tactics once they read this thread !
So the best deception tactic is just ...
(Apr. 24, 2011  6:23 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: Ah, I know I'm bump/necroing one of my old threads, but seeing how there have been multiple tournaments recently, has anyone managed to win with deception in general? Doesn't have to be these tactics, just what you did. I heard some tales of it, so that's why I'm asking.
Hmm...I'm not sure how accurate this story is from both perspectives, but here it goes:

In the most recent Brooklyn tournament, it was the final battle of double elimination, Bluezee against me. I kept shouting for Bluezee to use Lightning Tank and attached a Basalt BD145CS to my left launcher. This does not count as attaching because it's in the wrong spin direction. Finally, we went into stalling clause. I knew Bluezee would not pick an attacker because he was holding L Drago Destroy BD145MF in his hand so I had to choose a stamina combo. He was using Libra 90WD (I think) through-out the tournament so I knew he thought that I would think he was going to use that. Bluezee never uses 230 so he must have thought that I would never think he'd use that because I think he thinks that is a cheap win, but I know he will use it if it means winning. He and I both know that a surefire win against a BD145CS combo is a 230. So I used Gravity Perseus TH170EWD to spin steal from a 230 or otherwise grind against it. I was originally going to use Basalt, but I knew Bluezee is too clever to use a staple combo - he was going to put a different wheel on his 230. That's why I chose Perseus to change spin direction.

We turn around and he's got a Gravity Perseus 230CS. I end up winning 3-2.

A deception tactic within a deception tactic...
It's a dream within a dream within a dream within a Taco Bell. XD Inception! But nice. Honestly though, if you go too far into these, you can overanalyze and screw over your battle plan though. So I guess caution is advised. And wow, I didn't even realize this thread got bumped till this morning. >_>
In my tourney Diwali beyblast...when I was about to face my sister I took a MLDCH120XF in my hand and asked her what she'd be using...she said she wont tell me...then she removed the CS from Hell Cancer BD145(Boost) CS and replaced it with WD....because she knew that spin stealing on XF doesnt work against strong stamina and I knew that she'd think that I am going to use MLD against her....so I switched to Variares 85 RF when she attached the Hell Cancer WD to the launcher and I won easily...
You could have knocked Hell Cancer BD145WD out relatively easily with MF Meteo LDrago CH120XF, but good choice nonetheless.
(Oct. 29, 2011  6:18 PM)Dan Wrote: You could have knocked Hell Cancer BD145WD out relatively easily with MF Meteo LDrago CH120XF, but good choice nonetheless.

TBH, I wouldn't trust that combo, hah
I'd rather go with the one he chose.
But, what do I know?
I personally would of pulled out a Basalt WD or the combo you stated.

I've been seeing a lot of deception at the moment in Melbourne.
People pretending to connect the bey to the launcher upside down. Smile
So they just twist the launcher then and don't attach right? Then the blader who used it could just choose what he wanted to specifically counter the bey.
@ Bey Bash, a lot of people underestimated Blitz Inzori and Rioge Inzori, so they went easy on them and they both got 3-0s and 3-1s, he even beat the former champ 3-0, everyone was screaming in shock, I just luv my bros Grin and I tried a few deception tactics, I was everywhere teaching attack type control and using them myself, but for the battles I switched (not all of the time) to a Basalt Anti-meta. uber killsSmug
(Oct. 29, 2011  6:18 PM)Dan Wrote: You could have knocked Hell Cancer BD145WD out relatively easily with MF Meteo LDrago CH120XF, but good choice nonetheless.
Actually I do not know how to control it well so I did not use it. Because it generally tornado stalls or self KOs both of which would have been a problem in this case so I used Vari instead
(Oct. 30, 2011  1:00 AM)GaHooleone Wrote: So they just twist the launcher then and don't attach right? Then the blader who used it could just choose what he wanted to specifically counter the bey.
You pick up say....a Basalt BD145 and move your hands towards the launcher. Last second flip beyblade upside down and hopefully by then your opponent has connected their bey. It surprisingly works sometimes. Not that I have used it but whilst judging I have seen it.
Also, try not to participate in free play. If you do, then use a totally different bey that's far from your expectation that you'll use. Next, try not to have a clear carry case, as bladers sitting near you can just stare at it and read out your beyblades.

^ Those are the tactics that I use from personal experience.
What if you get decepted? Then what? (I've never, though.)
Well then, that's your mistake, can't do too much about that... Just remember for next time...

Anyways, these deception tactics might help a lot of people. Since most people know what to expect, especially against newbies, we can have some tricks happen...