Deception tactics in tournaments

Poll: Do you think deception is important in tournaments?

Yes
55.84%
Sorta/ Yes and No
28.57%
No
11.69%
Not sure/Undecided
3.90%
Total: 100% 154 vote(s)
Simple strategy, keep your beyblades in different pockets (already attached to a launcher), only take them out when in a beybatlte, and don't let anyone see them.
i totally agree............... i would show my dragoon and fight with my dranzer customized bey blade. It would make my opponents "squeak" in battle!
The first time I went to a tournament this kid had loads of beys and he was asking people what they were using.
^...How does that relate to this topic? They wouldn't want to just tell him what they are using, it's not really deception...
(Feb. 11, 2011  9:19 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: As if. Sorry, but those of you looking down on people using deception tactics are just scrubs. If you're so into the game that you're deploying advanced deception techniques, you're probably good enough to focus on both.

I am very familiar with the Scrub. I will take that up as a challenge and start employing deception tactics. The downside is that feelings are hurt and potential friendships cease to happen.
(Feb. 20, 2011  4:29 PM)BladeStorm Wrote:
(Feb. 11, 2011  9:19 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: As if. Sorry, but those of you looking down on people using deception tactics are just scrubs. If you're so into the game that you're deploying advanced deception techniques, you're probably good enough to focus on both.

I am very familiar with the Scrub. I will take that up as a challenge and start employing deception tactics. The downside is that feelings are hurt and potential friendships cease to happen.

Seriously? If your friendships are damaged because you employed deception tactics at a tournament, I'm not sure they were that strong to begin with. People who are uptight about people who employ legal techniques to help them achieve victory–which is the point of any game–really don't understand what it means to compete.
Young people are hurt because they lose in a manner which they cannot comprehend.
Sorry if it has already been said but what i would do at a tournament is brag so much they're suspicious and they think your trying to deceive them and then you use the a bey that your opponent was going to use.
You carry around defence type brag ALOT,
They think your going to deceive you so they think 'they want me to use a stamina type because they will use an attack type' so they choose to use a defence type
You then use stamina type.

Tell me if im wrong
(Feb. 23, 2011  7:10 PM)BladeStorm Wrote: Young people are hurt because they lose in a manner which they cannot comprehend.

Explain to them what happened then? Then, by understanding it they'll have learned something valuable for the future.
(Feb. 24, 2011  10:33 AM)meforthewin Wrote: Sorry if it has already been said but what i would do at a tournament is brag so much they're suspicious and they think your trying to deceive them and then you use the a bey that your opponent was going to use.
You carry around defence type brag ALOT,
They think your going to deceive you so they think 'they want me to use a stamina type because they will use an attack type' so they choose to use a defence type
You then use stamina type.

Tell me if im wrong

[Image: tumblr_krlg3h00is1qzb7gjo1_500_large.jpg?w=480&h=339]
I know what you are trying to get at, but then comes the problem of how far you should analyze it. You could think too much, and mess up, or not think enough and mess up. This, and making your deception believable are the 2 main problems with these types of tactics. The bolded is a bit too much thinking there.
Mmmmmm.....

I agree with Bladestorm. Little kids will start to have a Hissy fit. LOL.
I've experienced it. Up in America and Canada. Where Kei and Bey Brad live. I dont think alot of Littlekids go to your tourney's? Well thats what I know watching The Beychannel Vids but.

I went to a Tournament. One held by Beyblade Australia. My brother actually won it using my beys but thats not the Point.
One kid DEMANDED a rematch and said they he Beat my brother. He threw a COMPLETE and UTTER tantrum he Eventually got a rematch but my Brother Destroyed him anyway. I'm just saying it Doesn't seem fair on the Younger kids and Alot of the time,They cannot handle it. Im all for it for experienced users and Older Bladers who will Understand.

LOL meforthewin. Bit of Reverse Psychology? loooooooool. Somehow I dont think that'll work.

For me its alot about Personality. I was against Wraith. I knew him sort of well. I knew he was Proud of his 230. I also knew he was ready for me using my 230 combo Which I had used against everybody else.
I literally RAN away. Made my Combo and Hid it under my jumper until we were ready to battle. It was sort of a Joke but it was very effective. He used an Earth 230 Stamina Combo. I used MF Lightning L drago CH120RF. 3-0. I knew Wraith pretty well though.
(Mar. 01, 2011  5:35 AM)Chupa Chups Wrote: I've experienced it. Up in America and Canada. Where Kei and Bey Brad live. I dont think alot of Littlekids go to your tourney's? Well thats what I know watching The Beychannel Vids but.

We do actually get plenty of younger kids at our tournaments here.
(Mar. 02, 2011  12:20 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Mar. 01, 2011  5:35 AM)Chupa Chups Wrote: I've experienced it. Up in America and Canada. Where Kei and Bey Brad live. I dont think alot of Littlekids go to your tourney's? Well thats what I know watching The Beychannel Vids but.

We get a really nice mix in new york, too...about half and half. many of them provide a challenge, too.
Sorry kei That was just from watching those vids.
I will try it in the next Tourney though. Screw the MIDGETS!
Omega has truly disappeared. he has been back from his holiday for nearly 2 Months now and he hasnt had one post Or proposed any Tourneys' *Sigh* Off to the Beyblade Australia Tourny's for me I guess......O.O
Ahem hem, you might want to edit out that last part of the second line, that won't be taken too kindly among the vertically challenged on the WBO (me included)... And what does Omega and his tourneys have to do with this?
(Mar. 02, 2011  12:24 AM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Mar. 02, 2011  12:20 AM)Kei Wrote:

We get a really nice mix in new york, too...about half and half. many of them provide a challenge, too.

That's true. Just because kids are about 8 years old doesn't mean they can't provide a challenge. We breed 'em good and train 'em 'ung ones and make 'em give us a challenge while they're still 'ung.
This is a great tactic, but beyblades like Earth Bull have no chance with deception. Bull does have a recolor, and WB does too, WD doesn't I think. But still I seriously think that people should think into the fact that anyone can change their bey once they see yours.
(Mar. 08, 2011  4:26 AM)BeyBladestation Wrote: This is a great tactic, but beyblades like Earth Bull have no chance with deception. Bull does have a recolor, and WB does too, WD doesn't I think. But still I seriously think that people should think into the fact that anyone can change their bey once they see yours.

WD comes in a variety of colours. I think the main strategy to negate non-psychological decpetion is to pick your Beyblade first, keep it hidden to your opponent but present your selection to the judge. This way, both of you are on even footing.
(Mar. 08, 2011  4:26 AM)BeyBladestation Wrote: This is a great tactic, but beyblades like Earth Bull have no chance with deception. Bull does have a recolor, and WB does too, WD doesn't I think. But still I seriously think that people should think into the fact that anyone can change their bey once they see yours.

WB Comes In Pink,Purple,Brown,Black,White And Even More.
i like to try to avoid showing any of my opponents my beys, and at a tournament i bring several (6) beys to choose from so you never know what im gonna choose even if you see Joyful_2
(Mar. 08, 2011  5:46 PM)Callum6939 Wrote: i like to try to avoid showing any of my opponents my beys, and at a tournament i bring several (6) beys to choose from so you never know what im gonna choose even if you see Joyful_2

Shame you left a trail of hints on the WBO Tongue_out

Studying a blader's personality traits and their previous posts on the WBO helps you ever so slightly before a battle.
I don't think the issue with kids is that big of a deal. In the worst case scenario, don't use deception tactics against little kids; there's probably no need to anyway.
(Mar. 08, 2011  6:18 PM)BladeStorm Wrote:
(Mar. 08, 2011  5:46 PM)Callum6939 Wrote: i like to try to avoid showing any of my opponents my beys, and at a tournament i bring several (6) beys to choose from so you never know what im gonna choose even if you see Joyful_2

Shame you left a trail of hints on the WBO Tongue_out

Studying a blader's personality traits and their previous posts on the WBO helps you ever so slightly before a battle.

i know im not quite sure why i posted that (dont know if i was thinking straight as i am ill and dizzy), and im annoyed i couldnt stay longer as i wanted to see the final and see the awsome chapionship belt (that spins Pinching_eyes_2) that tounament had everything Joyful_2
(Mar. 08, 2011  6:23 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I don't think the issue with kids is that big of a deal. In the worst case scenario, don't use deception tactics against little kids; there's probably no need to anyway.

ahh... but what if thier good, like as in really good, like the awsome BeyJun Joyful_2 (i didnt battle him i was in a different block) as he ripped alot harder than i expected, and i was very impressed, dont underestimate the little ones, it may be your down fall XD
(Mar. 08, 2011  6:23 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I don't think the issue with kids is that big of a deal. In the worst case scenario, don't use deception tactics against little kids; there's probably no need to anyway.
Wow! Great to see you post! But yes, I totally agree. I mean if you guys have seen Bluzee's thread you'll know that skill is the main part of this. Deception or not, the way you use your bey matters most. And if you can put your bey in stealth and deceptive, you can easily get your opponent to think the other direction.
(Mar. 09, 2011  1:30 AM)BeyBladestation Wrote:
Wow! Great to see you post! But yes, I totally agree. I mean if you guys have seen Bluzee's thread you'll know that skill is the main part of this. Deception or not, the way you use your bey matters most. And if you can put your bey in stealth and deceptive, you can easily get your opponent to think the other direction.

Well, of course. You have to be able to use your bey well in the first place. This is just puts the frosting on the cake, but if you mess up the frosting, the end result wouldn't be good at all. You would have been doing well, ttthhheennn.... yeah. My point is though, if you can't pull the deception correctly (and these tactics are pretty simple too), then don't do it at all and just rely only on whatever skill you have and Lady Luck. But if you can successfully pull it off, then it can only benefit you for the battles to come.